[FE5] "Unified Thracia" prototype: Menu and script translation through Ch. 3

ChimeraHardline

Out of all the English FE5 translations, this one has the highest potential of being fully translated. Even if progress is coming along slowly. Keep up the good work!

BTW, found a spelling error. 

Spelling error.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/25/2018 at 12:36 AM, LittleWittleKitty said:

Spelling error.PNG

Evayle: My daughter is trying to kill me what the actual fuck
*Reidrick liked this tweet*

On 5/12/2018 at 7:18 AM, Gaia093 said:

Sheesh, the entitlement.

Grow up.

It's not that we're entitled or anything, it's just been how many years since literally every other FE got a full-playable translation and after years of needing to put up with the Shaya patch (in America!), NoA's total abandonment, and Project Naga not really giving us much of anything beyond FE4, we just want this one to be THE ONE that seals the deal. Because we love FE5, in all its flaws and fucked-up quirks, and we want everyone to know what it feels like to play it without the bullshit of the Shaya patch's fucked-up menus.

We get it: these people have actual jobs that pay actual money that work actual hours to make an actual living to pay for an actual room, actual insurance, and save up for actual retirement. Work's long and hard and at the end of the day, more often than not, I wouldn't feel like doing a translation patch in what little free time I'd have on every single day. To say that doing this stuff isn't taxing is a total lie, and even more so to have a schedule to do it, and the pressure of actually finishing it- let alone with a degree of quality you'd find yourself satisfied with- is fucking overwhelming. We just... hope, you know? That they can rise up and make it, this time. Like rising against the Loptyr Sect, you know?

Personally? I'd be one of the first to hop on if the translators made a patreon, or a GoFundMe, or a Ko-Fi page (and if you're worried about legal issues from Nintendo, the translator could just draw pictures of stickmen and we'd be funding stickman drawings, or something).

Otherwise, our best wishes are all we can give.

Edited by Kysafen

1 hour ago, Kysafen said:

It's not that we're entitled or anything, it's just been how many years since literally every other FE got a full-playable translation and after years of needing to put up with the Shaya patch (in America!), NoA's total abandonment, and Project Naga not really giving us much of anything beyond FE4, we just want this one to be THE ONE that seals the deal. Because we love FE5, in all its flaws and fucked-up quirks, and we want everyone to know what it feels like to play it without the bullshit of the Shaya patch's fucked-up menus.

We get it: these people have actual jobs that pay actual money that work actual hours to make an actual living to pay for an actual room, actual insurance, and save up for actual retirement. Work's long and hard and at the end of the day, more often than not, I wouldn't feel like doing a translation patch in what little free time I'd have on every single day. To say that doing this stuff isn't taxing is a total lie, and even more so to have a schedule to do it, and the pressure of actually finishing it- let alone with a degree of quality you'd find yourself satisfied with- is fucking overwhelming. We just... hope, you know? That they can rise up and make it, this time. Like rising against the Loptyr Sect, you know?

Personally? I'd be one of the first to hop on if the translators made a patreon, or a GoFundMe, or a Ko-Fi page (and if you're worried about legal issues from Nintendo, the translator could just draw pictures of stickmen and we'd be funding stickman drawings, or something).

Well said, M8! Well said!

On 7/3/2018 at 10:10 PM, Kysafen said:

The previous comments I was referring to weren't ''hoping'' for anything. They weren't looking forward to more progress or encouraging Chimera to keep it up. They were just being cynical and insinuating this will never get done because they're jaded from past translation efforts, thus passive-agressively trying to apply pressure on the man here.

That's rude and childish towards any person investing their time and doing free work for the sake of an entire fanbase. And if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

Just wanted to chime in with a comment out of context from the discussions being had here.

Having just beaten Genealogy about a month or so ago, I eventually found myself wanting to play Thracia.  I did some research and found the best translation of the game was buggy and of questionable quality (seriously? referential humor? why?).  So therefore I was discouraged from delving into the game with such a shoddy translation patch.

Then I find out about this patch-in-progress which looks much more promising, and I'd just like to say thank you for working towards giving new players such as myself a proper Thracia experience.  I hope you'll continue your work on this and eventually complete it.

On 7/6/2018 at 4:39 AM, Gaia093 said:

The previous comments I was referring to weren't ''hoping'' for anything. They weren't looking forward to more progress or encouraging Chimera to keep it up. They were just being cynical and insinuating this will never get done because they're jaded from past translation efforts, thus passive-agressively trying to apply pressure on the man here.

That's rude and childish towards any person investing their time and doing free work for the sake of an entire fanbase. And if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

I speak for myself and myself alone. If they want to be disrespectful towards the fan-translator's time that's their lack of humility, not mine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Signed up just to say that, compared to what was out there until now, this makes the Thracia 776 experience miles more immersive and I'm so glad this project was started. The unintrusiveness and clarity of the translation makes you actually appreciate the extra amounts of effort put into the presentation (specially the menus) when compared to Genealogy.
Having a nagging disposition to play every series I'm interested in in order; it's fantastic that there's hope out there that I'll be able to continue on with Fire Emblem now. You're doing god's work, Chimera.

Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong with this patch? I'm using LIPS version 1.02, and I've tried patching versions .3.3 and .3.6 onto both the NP version and the ROM version, neither work. I've tried running them in Snes9x version 1.53 and 1.56 both fail to even start the game.. Both files run prior to applying the patch but after they don't run at all. Any help would be appreciated, this is my last Fire Emblem game to play and I really want to play it with a nice patch.

5 hours ago, coonrat1 said:

Honestly, this would be really good if you got people who are good at writing in order to make it sound better

I would be more than willing to help in this department. I'd totally be down to help with this project!

On 12/09/2018 at 6:09 PM, Grinningnome said:

Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong with this patch? I'm using LIPS version 1.02, and I've tried patching versions .3.3 and .3.6 onto both the NP version and the ROM version, neither work. I've tried running them in Snes9x version 1.53 and 1.56 both fail to even start the game.. Both files run prior to applying the patch but after they don't run at all. Any help would be appreciated, this is my last Fire Emblem game to play and I really want to play it with a nice patch.

The patch was designed for the Rev A (or Rev 1) version of the NP, so make sure that's the version you're patching. I am using LIPS 1.2.0 (you said yours was 1.02 so that could also be it) and SNES9X 1.53 and the game runs no problem. Otherwise, the .sfc you're using might have a problem of some sort, so if all else fails maybe you should look into acquiring it from a different source.

Edited by MorshTalon

• 1 month later...

I'm nearing the end of FE4 and I really wanted to play Thracia after, but I wanted to fully understand it, story and all, but I've only heard bad things about the only completed patch. You will be my personal hero once this is finished.

On 11/3/2018 at 10:17 PM, TangerineDropper said:

I couldn't help but notice this apparently hasn't updated since April.
Is this still in progress or was it canceled? 

He might just be busy with real life stuff, but this still worries me. Maybe a comment from him just saying how he's doing would be nice

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 9:17 PM, TangerineDropper said:

I couldn't help but notice this apparently hasn't updated since April.
Is this still in progress or was it canceled? 

On 11/6/2018 at 3:45 PM, Bloodedge said:

I'm nearing the end of FE4 and I really wanted to play Thracia after, but I wanted to fully understand it, story and all, but I've only heard bad things about the only completed patch. You will be my personal hero once this is finished.

He might just be busy with real life stuff, but this still worries me. Maybe a comment from him just saying how he's doing would be nice

Yeah, Project Exile is currently the one everyone's expecting to be complete first, I heard they tried to contact Chimera for help but couldn't get ahold of him. Somehow it's showing even more promise than this one atm. It's up to chapter 11 and the guy leading the project is an experienced hacker/modder with what seems to be a pretty extreme conviction to get it done. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2018 at 5:10 PM, Ben Wagner said:

Yeah, Project Exile is currently the one everyone's expecting to be complete first, I heard they tried to contact Chimera for help but couldn't get ahold of him. Somehow it's showing even more promise than this one atm. It's up to chapter 11 and the guy leading the project is an experienced hacker/modder with what seems to be a pretty extreme conviction to get it done. 

On 11/6/2018 at 4:45 PM, Bloodedge said:

Yep(PE team member here), i reached out to chimera earlier this year and got no response. Project Exile has now moved past ch 13(the halfway point), so hopefully we will finish in the next few months! Check out this link for more details. 

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Fates-Blade said:

I wonder which one I should be looking more forward to, Unified Thracia or Project Exile.

Project Exile. There’s no reason to look forward to Unified Thracia.