Fire Emblem Heroes 1-Year Anniversary: What are your predictions?

Charmeleonbrah

As you all know, this game was released on February 2nd of last year.  It's a little over 3 weeks until then, and IS will certainly have something planned for it.  The past month or so has been somewhat dull, gameplay-wise, as the latest BHB and GHB have been reruns, and the TT and VG aren't anything new gameplay-wise.  It seems like they're biding their time for a big event.

Some guesses are the return of Choose Your Legends voting, a Weapon Refinery update, and a new story release, since we just got the Voice of Dreams without any backstory.  What do you guys think?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I hope they keep things dull and dead until then, and then a new everything for an extended period of time. I'm talking another Tempest Trial, the month's Voting Gauntlet right off the bat, new Summoning Focus(or Focuses…Focusi? I'm calling more than one Summoning Focus Focusi from here on out), another GHB(give us Idunn for goodness sake I'm sick of waiting), another BHB(Personal preference would be Ephidel and Limstella but that may be too many new Units at one time), we could go on, and it would all be available all month…except maybe the Voting Gauntlet.

Now to be realistic. We're going to get New Year's Corrin. And a new Login Bonus. And then they'll add one Ayra-esque Unit and put it in a Focus with three old Units of the same color that nobody wants so we all have to pay a bunch of money on Orbs if we want to keep up with the new broken metagame. Actually, no, we're going to get New Year's Corrin IN that Focus instead of for free like people have been saying, with like three Healers as the other Focus Units to make Colorless Pulls even more retarded.

Edited by SoulWeaver

The next story chapter as well as the 2.1 update are probably slated for either the anniversary or coinciding with the next Legendary Heroes banner. The Legendary Heroes event is explicitly slated for the end of January, but will likely last long enough for the anniversary date of Febuary 2nd, so I'd count that as part of the anniversary celebration. I'm also definitely expecting a FEH broadcast detailing the new update as well as other stuff they may have planned. I think it's a bit early for more weapon refinery options, but the Askr trio getting some kind of boost seems plausible.

Also the Shards and Crystals quest will probably be replaced with better quests that get us replaying older story chapters on lunatic, perhaps the promise of one more orb per level. But I'm personally hoping for them to give us divine dew and/or more refinement stones as quest rewards. Plus they may introduce some quality of life summoning feature like making it easier to not get pity broken or them permanently increasing focus rates for banners of older, non seasonal units. I'm not holding my breath for rarity demotions, but this does feel like the last, best time for them to consider that as well. Same with adding a ton of new 3-4 star units.

Last predictions. Hero Merit cap increase to 5000, and every week will see the run or re-run of both a Grand Hero Battle and Bound Hero battle, resulting in slightly more orbs a week as well as more access to GHB merges. Mini TTs will make their return but with less rewards - probably cutting off all of the rewards past the 40K seal (which will of course be 20K in a mini TT), also, I'm expecting them to straight up repeat previous TTs with the Mini format.

I predict that they would bring back the first two summoning banners, also try to change the way to summon heroes like they should do hero rotation daily for example, you can summon these heroes first day and the next heroes the next day, and it would effect the focus summons 

Spoiler

Just a "1 Year Anniversary!" log in bonus

Alright, I'm mostly kidding, but the last month+ hasn't let me get my hopes as high for a big anniversary extravaganza as I had before. I'd been thinking of Askr trio promotions, a new monthly mode, CYL part 2 (Tharja/Camilla/Chrom/Hector), maybe a free unit of choice(either CYL again or in general), and more chapters for book II. I think only the last of those feels of any likelihood now. At least the survey gave me hope again of new modes coming, but I doubt they'll be ready for the anniversary if they were just gathering player feedback about them this recently.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Personally, I hope they keep things dull and dead until then, and then a new everything for an extended period of time. I'm talking another Tempest Trial, the month's Voting Gauntlet right off the bat, new Summoning Focus(or Focuses…Focusi? I'm calling more than one Summoning Focus Focusi from here on out), another GHB(give us Idunn for goodness sake I'm sick of waiting), another BHB(Personal preference would be Ephidel and Limstella but that may be too many new Units at one time), we could go on, and it would all be available all month…except maybe the Voting Gauntlet.

Now to be realistic. We're going to get New Year's Corrin. And a new Login Bonus. And then they'll add one Ayra-esque Unit and put it in a Focus with three old Units of the same color that nobody wants so we all have to pay a bunch of money on Orbs if we want to keep up with the new broken metagame. Actually, no, we're going to get New Year's Corrin IN that Focus instead of for free like people have been saying, with like three Healers as the other Focus Units to make Colorless Pulls even more retarded.

I wouldn't mind getting Idunn, might as well add another dragon girl who's 1,000 years old, this time with purple/pink hair.   I could see Sonia or Nergal coming before the other morphs.

I'm not remotely excited about getting NY Corrin, his stats are unimpressive and he's my least favorite main char in the series.  

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Also the Shards and Crystals quest will probably be replaced with better quests that get us replaying older story chapters on lunatic, perhaps the promise of one more orb per level. But I'm personally hoping for them to give us divine dew and/or more refinement stones as quest rewards. Plus they may introduce some quality of life summoning feature like making it easier to not get pity broken or them permanently increasing focus rates for banners of older, non seasonal units. I'm not holding my breath for rarity demotions, but this does feel like the last, best time for them to consider that as well. Same with adding a ton of new 3-4 star units.

Last predictions. Hero Merit cap increase to 5000, and every week will see the run or re-run of both a Grand Hero Battle and Bound Hero battle, resulting in slightly more orbs a week as well as more access to GHB merges. Mini TTs will make their return but with less rewards - probably cutting off all of the rewards past the 40K seal (which will of course be 20K in a mini TT), also, I'm expecting them to straight up repeat previous TTs with the Mini format.

They really need to work on this.  I'm sick of the monthly quests which involve the player grinding the Tenth Stratum a bunch of times.  I'd like actual content instead of grinding.

Some orbs obviously as an "annyversary log-in bonus", new story-chapters mosty likely, NY Corrin as a TT reward maybe? Some special summons with like themed units (spring, christmas) - or at least I would be happy with one... FEH Channel update as mentioned earlier. I still beleive there will be something big, what I can't really predict. I don't think they would make this anniversary event dull, but then again Christmas "event" was pretty bad as well, so...

Let's throw all speculation out there.

• Askr Trio banner for merges.
  • Askr Trio legendary weapon upgrades via refinery.
  • Fire or Earth legendary hero banner.
  • New Book II Story Missions.
  • Anniversary Login Bonus.
  • Potential "Thank you" award or bonus for those playing since launch/last year.
  • Potential new daily rotation of daily hero battles.
  • New Squad Assault.
  • Possible new mode.
  • Potential Tempest Trial with Askr Trio + Fjorm as 40% bonus units.
  • Free NY!Corrin.
  • Potential new GHB.

The anniversary to me seems like something that is going to revolve around the trio in a big way. They've been there since the beginning and are the biggest victims of power-creep in the entire game. We'll get an upgrade for them in one form or another, be it merges or via the refinery but something is coming for them. Everything else is gravy but that much is certain.

Edited by Zeo

What I want them to do: give us 5* NY!Corrin, give us 20000 feathers and 20 orbs, add a bunch of new 3*-4* units (such as Bantu, Benny or Kamui), make some demotions from the 5* exclusive pool (maybe Saber, Olwen...), a re-run of all GHB at the same time, 2x SP and EXP, Warriors Maps again and more story chapters.

What I think they’ll do: a 2 weeks log-in bonus celebrating 1st anniversary, give us a useless 4* NY!Corrin and say “hey look, did you know that you can get Fjorm, a 5* hero, just by completing chapter 1 of book II?”

I hope: A cleaning in the 5* pool (if doing it manually is too much work just do a 4* exclusive tier and put doods like Merric, Jakob and others there, that would be a huge improvement compared to where we are now), a new orb rain and CYL 2 (or 3 if the Lute banner counts as 2).

I expect: A new log-in bonus with 2 orbs if we're lucky, a reset of the crystal quests, a Fjorm reminder, salt and a new seasonal banner with Lucina, Xander and Camilla again.

Nothing An anniversary log in bonus, with some new banners or a rerun of the old ones (or both), new quests for the year, a voting gauntlet about the first 8 characters to be summonable, and a new Tempest Trial. Honestly I'm not expecting anything that will actually get me excited. I'm finding TT more and more of a slog and VG's are boring if you aren't heavily invested in a character. Hopefully they introduce one of those new modes they mentioned in the survey since they seem like they can be interesting to mess around with for a while.

I hope NYCorrin isn't included though. He is supposed to come out sometime in January, and if they push that back even more I am going to be seriously annoyed. I guess he might be part of the TT and that it starts late January, but didn't the original tweet mention him being part of a quest line?

18 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I guess he might be part of the TT and that it starts late January, but didn't the original tweet mention him being part of a quest line?

The tweet only said "an event in January", which could mean literally anything.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The tweet only said "an event in January", which could mean literally anything.

Oh okay. Then a Tempest Trial starting in January could be it. They could frame it as getting a free New Year's unit for the games first year anniversary. Hopefully not though. I need a break from TT.

I don't expect much in terms of actual releases, just the usual seasonal banner w/ free pull + TT with said banner as bonus units. But I wonder if they are going to announce new features (baesed on the survey) for this year and new 3* star (of unpopular units) and new forges.

11 minutes ago, Crux404 said:

I don't expect much in terms of actual releases, just the usual seasonal banner w/ free pull + TT with said banner as bonus units. But I wonder if they are going to announce new features (baesed on the survey) for this year and new 3* star (of unpopular units) and new forges.

I'd be so hyped about that. A lot of my favorite characters are those unpopular characters and having an actually halfway decent chance of getting them would be amazing. I'd much rather like Fred from FE5 than yet another Fates character unless it's Kaze or Silas.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Honestly since Christmas was almost nothing, I don't have high hopes for next month.  About the only thing I hope for is for the Askr trio to get some type of upgrade and a new story chapter.  Anything more then that will be great, but I won't hold my breath.

The fact that we haven't hears anything about New Years Corrin is odd.  The excitement of the new year is already over, and people have gone back on their resolutions.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The fact that we haven't hears anything about New Years Corrin is odd.  The excitement of the new year is already over, and people have gone back on their resolutions.

There must be something though. They combined TT and VG (annoyingly), so after this TT there will be nothing right now.

A calendar or something would be nice, because the two usual big events per month (TT and VG) have just finished.

And the mystery of Corrin is just ...strange. It's been 1 week into the New Year now.

So much snark in this thread.

They are going to do great things I'm sure. I recall the 6 months anniversary update being quite satisfactory and I don't see why they would blow it on the one year anniversary. They did it right before.

That said, I'm hoping for an enlarged 3-4* pool with less popular/more obscure characters, and new game modes. 

Realistic prediction: Another round of log-in orbs and most likely another sister of Fjorm/Gunnthrá with the Earth or Fire Blessing in another B8 banner. Maybe sneak in a Narcian re-re-rerun as well. 

Would like: Dark Emperor Hardin GHB, TMS FE representation either as a stand-alone banner or even as part of a TT. Kempf as a green cav unit, powercreeping Cecilia to oblivion as well as being a Reinhardt destroyer. Just new GHBs would do nicely. 

Also, actual new content in the form of a new mode that isn’t PvP or town defense and clean up that 5* pool already.

Edited by Lord-Zero

• Olwen
  • Seliph
  • Hinoka
  • Ogma
  • Luke
  • Saber
  • Karel
  • Amelia
  • Rhajat
  • Sonya
  • Faye

Not a single one of the above listed units should be available exclusively at *5 and some of them should even be bumped down to *3-*4 from *4-*5. Karel is the perfect example of a unit that has no business being a *5 exclusive.

Then you have... just about every healer that should be taken off of *4-*5. The only colorless units you should be able to pull at *5 are Kagero, Elise, Jaffar, Klein and Genny (no, Mist doesn't even remotely deserve *5 exclusivity.)

That being said, I'm not holding my breath for the rarity pool to change in any way shape or form. But since the subject is brought up, I'm just throwing this out there.

Edited by Zeo