Anything Goes Birthright PMU

Michelaar

13 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Unfortunatly I don't have those units in my thing yet. Why this is a thing, I think I never actually recruited them on my side haha. Feel free to select any capturable boss available on the BR side. Also, suggest for me, units to capture in this playthrough that you want me to use on the next ones I do, CQ and Rev.

Oh my bad.  My knowledge on Birthright is rather limited, so I'm not too familiar with the characters, bosses, or capturables.  The only capturable bosses I can think of that could be fun to use in BR are Nicol (Sophie's Paralogue) as stated earlier here, and The Chapter 14 Boss Daniela.  Malig Knight and Strategist are two unique classes on the BR Route.  In addition, Daniela comes with the great skill Savage Blow which is outside her natural class set.  There is also a generic Malig Knight in Midori's Paralogue.  It's pretty mediocre statwise but the portrait is legendary.

22 minutes ago, joshcja said:

On topic, capture the 15 hp Be in weirdstat sanctuary ^_^

Is that one even capturable? Because I don't think "Illusion" enemies are capturable.

I give you Ryoma... as a Falcoknight. Ryoma, like Xander has his nation's flier class as his Heart option. Yet although Xander has reason to go Wyvern Lord for a chunk of CQ, Ryoma has no reason whatsoever to ever go Falco or Kinshi. For him, it's a humiliating crippling.

Nonetheless, I've been fascinated by the Falcoma, and hence thrust him upon you.

40 minutes ago, Crux404 said:

Captured enemies are valid? Dammit, missed the chance to recommend Benny :(. 

You can't capture characters that'd be playable on a different route, only nonplayable non-story important (so no Iago or Kotaro) bosses of human classes. Not even Breakfast Benny.

16 hours ago, anniec8711 said:

Oh my bad.  My knowledge on Birthright is rather limited, so I'm not too familiar with the characters, bosses, or capturables.  The only capturable bosses I can think of that could be fun to use in BR are Nicol (Sophie's Paralogue) as stated earlier here, and The Chapter 14 Boss Daniela.  Malig Knight and Strategist are two unique classes on the BR Route.  In addition, Daniela comes with the great skill Savage Blow which is outside her natural class set.  There is also a generic Malig Knight in Midori's Paralogue.  It's pretty mediocre statwise but the portrait is legendary.

Alright, i'll use Daniela for this playthrough then, but i'll capture them all.

16 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Is that one even capturable? Because I don't think "Illusion" enemies are capturable.

That could be a problem if that's true.

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I give you Ryoma... as a Falcoknight. Ryoma, like Xander has his nation's flier class as his Heart option. Yet although Xander has reason to go Wyvern Lord for a chunk of CQ, Ryoma has no reason whatsoever to ever go Falco or Kinshi. For him, it's a humiliating crippling.

Nonetheless, I've been fascinated by the Falcoma, and hence thrust him upon you.

You can't capture characters that'd be playable on a different route, only nonplayable non-story important (so no Iago or Kotaro) bosses of human classes. Not even Breakfast Benny.

14 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Sniper Ryoma.

Falcon Knight Ryoma it is! NinjaMonkey can suggest a different one.

5 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Alright, i'll use Daniela for this playthrough then, but i'll capture them all.

Glad to hear.  Please let me know how she does on your playthrough as I am curious to how she fares as a unit overall.  Base stats seem mediocre but she has a great support unit skill pool: Live to Serve, Inspiration, and Demoiselle.  Tomebreaker and the Malig Knight Skill Savage Blow gives her decent offensive capability.

If you're thinking about doing a Conquest run in the future, I have a thread on here that lists great enemy units to capture.  Some of them so good that they might even be better than your own units in part because to great base stats, high weapon ranks (max rank on Lunatic), and unique skills (Master Ninja with Grisly Wound and Movement +1). 

Edited by anniec8711

Just now, anniec8711 said:

Glad to hear.  Please let me know how she does on your playthrough as I am curious to how she fares as a unit overall.  Base stats seem mediocre but she learns a great support unit skill pool: Live to Serve, Inspiration, and Demoiselle.  Tomebreaker and the Malig Knight Skill Savage Blow gives her decent offensive capability.

If you're thinking about doing a Conquest run in the future, I have a thread on here that lists great enemy units to capture.  Some of them so good that they might even be better than your own units in part because to great base stats, high weapon ranks, and unique skills (Master Ninja with Grisly Wound and Movement +1). 

Ah! I'll keep that in mind, thank you so much!

Anyway, 2 more units left to pick people!

On January 9, 2018 at 12:45 PM, anniec8711 said:

This guy is a brick wall and really good meat shield if you can get him.  On Hard Mode and Up he comes with Warding Blow to safely take out mages.

Um... What? Do enemies even have skills on Birthright?

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Um... What? Do enemies even have skills on Birthright?

That was a misunderstanding on my part.  I mistook the mentioned generals as the mini-bosses on Conquest Chapter 18, not the ones on BR Chapter 14.

These guys are really awesome and come with Wary Fighter and Warding Blow (Hard Mode and up).  At Level 4 they have 47 HP, 28 STR, and 29 DEF.  Not sure how they compare to their BR counterparts but not even my Benny was that good at Level 4!  I highly recommend capturing these dudes in Conquest, and lock them in your logbook for future runs.

Edited by anniec8711
Chapter 18, not 17. Thanks Levant :)

1 hour ago, anniec8711 said:

That was a misunderstanding on my part.  I mistook the mentioned generals as the mini-bosses on Conquest Chapter 17, not the ones on BR Chapter 14.

These guys are really awesome and come with Wary Fighter and Warding Blow (Hard Mode and up).  At Level 4 they have 47 HP, 28 STR, and 29 DEF.  Not sure how they compare to their BR counterparts but not even my Benny was that good at Level 4!  I highly recommend capturing these dudes in Conquest, and lock them in your logbook for future runs.

I assume you meant chapter 18 (chapter 17 is ninjafest). Anyways, that's assuming Niles actually grows into something worth using, which I ain't counting on happening, like, ever, and even if I did care about capture, which I do not, I'd expect Hell to freeze over before I'd find a mook worth giving up a unit slot for.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I assume you meant chapter 18 (chapter 17 is ninjafest). Anyways, that's assuming Niles actually grows into something worth using, which I ain't counting on happening, like, ever, and even if I did care about capture, which I do not, I'd expect Hell to freeze over before I'd find a mook worth giving up a unit slot for.

Capturing is so much fun and adds more dimension and challenge to the game.  Especially in Conquest when enemies come with exclusive skills.  I'm actually thinking about doing an all captured units run on Lunatic in the future.  Aside from the skills, they also come with high weapon ranks (max on Lunatic), and awesome bases.  To name some examples Haitaka could replace Effie, Kumagera fills in well for Arthur, Rallyman (ch 23) can take over for Laslow, and there are so many good fliers in the later chapters that could be decent replacements for Camilla and Beruka.  It's not optimal by any means, but makes the game more challenging (since they can't support and have no personal skills) and strategy that much more important.

In terms of the PMU I have a character to add if there is a slot available!

Great Lord Scarlet - In Extremis and Awakening Combo sounds really delicious.  Is skill buying allowed?  If so, Death Blow and Vantage would work really well for this setup.  I wouldn't keep her at GL though.  I would switch back to Wyvern Lord once you obtain all the GL skills (if that is allowed).

33 minutes ago, anniec8711 said:

Capturing is so much fun and adds more dimension and challenge to the game.  Especially in Conquest when enemies come with exclusive skills.  I'm actually thinking about doing an all captured units run on Lunatic in the future.  Aside from the skills, they also come with high weapon ranks (max on Lunatic), and awesome bases.  To name some examples Haitaka could replace Effie, Kumagera fills in well for Arthur, Rallyman (ch 23) can take over for Laslow, and there are so many good fliers in the later chapters that could be decent replacements for Camilla and Beruka.  It's not optimal by any means, but makes the game more challenging (since they can't support and have no personal skills) and strategy that much more important.

Great Lord Scarlet - In Extremis and Awakening Combo sounds really delicious.  Is skill buying allowed?  If so, Death Blow and Vantage would work really well for this setup.  I wouldn't keep her at GL though.  I would switch back to Wyvern Lord once you obtain all the GL skills (if that is allowed).

Which would mean anything if I thought Niles or Orochi were good units, which I do not. (This especially applies for the latter, who's got a bad case of Crippling Overspecialization; she has good magic, skill and resistance, but has garbage stats everywhere else; Niles isn't much better off, from my perspective)

Bold: I wouldn't think so, simply because of how late Awakening, being a level 35 skill, comes. Well, that, and the innate risk that comes with being that low in the first place...

1 hour ago, anniec8711 said:

Thank you! That sounds great?

59 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Which would mean anything if I thought Niles or Orochi were good units, which I do not. (This especially applies for the latter, who's got a bad case of Crippling Overspecialization; she has good magic, skill and resistance, but has garbage stats everywhere else; Niles isn't much better off, from my perspective)

Bold: I wouldn't think so, simply because of how late Awakening, being a level 35 skill, comes. Well, that, and the innate risk that comes with being that low in the first place...

Dude, get over yourself.

11 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Thank you! That sounds great?

Let me know how this unit does for you! Quite curious to hear the results.  You're pretty much playing Russian Roulette with this setup, lol but sure as a hell exciting.  Remember to give her a killer weapon and get Vantage if you can (or if it's within the rules of your PMU).  Death Blow is nice to have as well, but not as important as Vantage.

5 minutes ago, anniec8711 said:

Let me know how this unit does for you! Quite curious to hear the results.  You're pretty much playing Russian Roulette with this setup, lol but sure as a hell exciting.  Remember to give her a killer weapon and get Vantage if you can (or if it's within the rules of your PMU).  Death Blow is nice to have as well, but not as important as Vantage.

Bold: I certainly would say so. Also, killer weapons are largely unavailable in Birthright (the only one that you get is the axe that Scarlet comes with, which, if she's a Great Lord, she can't use), so I wouldn't expect much.

14 minutes ago, anniec8711 said:

I can buy those skills, no problem :D

I will keep you updated in this thread, so make sure to check it often!

Also, for any of those still interested in giving me units, 1 unit left to choose!

9 minutes ago, KoBoi said:

GreatLord!Setsuna or any kind of Setsuna. She's fun to use.

Thanks love <3

Updates will start soon!

Edited by Michelaar

50 minutes ago, KoBoi said:

GreatLord!Setsuna or any kind of Setsuna. She's fun to use.

42 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Thanks love <3

Updates will start soon!

Um, did the one Exalt Brand per file limit elude both of you? @Michelaar How do you plan to get around that?

23 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Um, did the one Exalt Brand per file limit elude both of you? @Michelaar How do you plan to get around that?

Oh right. I forgot about that. I'll just make Setsuna Sniper then, since the poster said 'any kind of setsuna'