Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 5 Magonsaete Route

Shin

Well, her primary target, that annoying horseman, had been taken care of by their own annoying horseman. Time to shift focus.

Kelbara to 13,9 heal Naiman
Naiman to 16,10 trade for killer bow, attack berserker with killer bow

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If I must."

Kelbara moves to 13,9!
Kelbara heals Naimanzuunnadintsetseg!
Kelbara gains 12 XP!
Kelbara gains 3 Staff WEXP!

Naimanzuunnadintsetseg moves to 16,10!
Thankfully Astaroth is actually on 17,10!
Naimanzuunnadintsetseg takes his Killer Bow!

Naimanzuunnadintsetseg attacks Berserker #2 with her Killer Bow!
17 Atk, 84% Hit, 46% Crit, Arrowrain 33%
(15 16 60)
Ouch! 51 damage! (4/55 HP remaining)
Berserker #2 attacks back with his Quake Axe!
27 Atk, 48% Hit, 0% Crit, 15% Luna, 15% Sol
(29 90 25 35)
Naimanzuunnadintsetseg takes 27 damage! (13/40 HP remaining)
She goes for the kill!
(65 91 35)
Dead!

Naimanzuunnadintsetseg gains 36 XP!
Naimanzuunnadintsetseg gains 3 Bow WEXP!
Naimanzuunnadintsetseg picks up a Quake Axe!

Naimanzuunnadintsetseg grows to level 2!
(48 78 9 99 49 13 74 60)
HP up!
Magic up!
Speed up!
Luck up! 

Edited by Shin

"eVERYTHING cOMES tO hE wHO wAITS. eXCEPT tHAT gUY."

Mr. Bones moves to 12,7!

"i wONDER iF a gHOST cAN dROWN?"

Spooks move to 11,13!

"¿y sI tODOS sOMOS sOLO pERSONAJES eN aLGÚN jUEGO dE fANTASÍA eNFERMIZO? tE hACE pREGUNTARTE, ¿vERDAD?"

Señor Bones stays put!

"nananANaNAnANAnANanANANAnaNaNANanA!"

Nananana stays put!

Finally, that bastard hit and running with his horse was taken care of, which just left one swordman on this side of the river. Time to clean up.

Sylvia to 17,11, attack Mercenary 4 with Culverin

Sylvia moves to 17,11!

Sylvia attacks Mercenary #4 with her Culverin!
23 Atk, 98% Hit, 16% Crit, 21% Adept
(72 26)
Mercenary #4 takes 23 damage! (12/35 HP remaining)
(60)

Sylvia gains 7 XP!

Sylvia grows to level 2!
(33 92 1 12 34 73 92 30)

HP up!
Magic up!
Skill up!
Speed up!

ENEMY PHASE

Mercenary #4 moves to 18,10"

Mercenary #4 attacks Astaroth with his Longsword!
20 Atk, 85% Hit, 3% Crit 
(40 49)
Astaroth takes 20 damage! (18/39 HP remaining)
Astaroth strikes back!
25 Atk, 74% Hit, 2% Crit, 17% Adept
(97 40)
How embarrassing!
(22)

Astaroth gains 5 XP!
Astaroth gains 1 Sword WEXP!

Chapter 11B - Turn 10

976bd6516cd43da13bb170f9ee0c1c18.png

SPREADSHEET

The solitary swordsman had managed to avoid Astaroth's blade, dealing one last strike before his inevitable demise. The man was clearly accepting of his fate, gripping onto the hilt of sword ready for the next and final attack. Kelbara looked at the plainsman and his foe dismissively, turning back towards the bridge. "A foolish error made by a foolish fighter. Still, at least his last attack will have been meaningful." Kelbara chuckled, perplexed by the sight of Barry and Paul at the water's edge. "Those two? What are they doing?"

The duo had acquired the recovered bridge pieces, and in a surreal feat of mechanical dexterity, they were rapidly replacing the missing parts. It was only a matter of minutes before the structure became functional, with Paul directing his brother for the last touches.

"lOS iDIOTAS mUESTRAN uN gRAN tALENTO. ¿qUIZÁS eRAMOS eSTÚPIDOS?" proclaimed Señor Bones, the exact nature of his surreal speech unclear.  His skeletal comrade shared the sentiment, Mr Bones was rattling cheerfully. "i aGREE wITH hIM. aT lEAST tHE pARTS i uNDERSTOOD." he added.

"Regardless of how it has occured, we now have a path to reach the enemy commander." Sebastian interjected, the bones brothers dancing around him. "If we are swift we can approach before they have a chance to react.

Kill Mercenary #4 and then each unit may move double their maximum move towards the bridge! It'd be a boring turn otherwise!

"This one's mine!"

Graham moves to 18,11!

Graham attacks Mercenary #4 with his Partisan!
(13 86)
Dead!

Graham gains 10 XP!
Graham gains 2 Lance WEXP!

The rest of the party is free to double move!

It was unfortunate that so many of these men had to die, but none seemed willing to talk, save for one man that simply damned her. What a cock. At least they were establishing themselves as a force to be reckoned with, but without any new ilk to follow them, it wouldn't be worth much, yet. All they could do was soldier on, now. "Naiman, with me! You have to end this." If Cass was to succeed in her plans, Naiman needed to be the one to deal with this other leader. "It's a small start, but it's a start."

Cass to 6,7 also libro alain because he wasn't looking so surly

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"A gift for us? These savages are far too kind."

Sebastian moves to 20,16!
Sebastian finds Imbue in the chest!

Sylvia moves to 7,9!
Sylvia equips her Steel Lance!

Astaroth moves to 6,9!

Kelbara moves to 6,8!

"This was a difficult decision to make."

Kelbara heals Astaroth!
Kelbara gains 12 XP!
Kelbara gains 3 Staff WEXP!

Kelbara grows to level 3!
(23 10 6 32 59 96 6 8)

HP up!
Magic up!
Skill up!
Defense up!
Resistance up!

Cass moves to 6,7!
Cass uses Libro on Alain!
Cass gains 10 XP!
Cass gains 3 Staff WEXP!

Alain moves to 7,7!

All Alain's freakish abominations stay put!

Naimanzuunnadintsetseg grimaced when the berserker's thrown axe connected, it lodging itself in the ground behind her after slicing a nasty gash in her side, despite her efforts to lean out of the way. "I'm keeping that," she spat out, spinning an arrow as she drew it from her sheath before settling it into place and firing his death sentence. Picking it up, she tucked it into her belt as she fumbled in her pouch with her other hand, trying to pull out the potion she'd been saving for a rainy day. It was almost funny, in an ordinary fight, she would already have been deep into one already, but so far magical healing had been helping a lot. Was she starting to get used to receiving such blessings?

Nodding to the princess's call to action, when the final foe on the island here fell, she pressed her hand against her wound and hustled across the plains, taking a position near the fore of their regrouping. "That was my intention. It is not the Aegan's fault they were cursed with a poor leader, who made the wrong decisions, but those that survive will scatter and spread word of what has happened here this day. May they find better fortune in the future."

Naiman moves to 4,7 and uses some of her vulnerary

Naimanzuunnadintsetseg moves to 4,7!
Naimanzuunnadintsetseg uses her Vulnerary!

ENEMY PHASE

Bishop moves to 4,13!

Bishop attacks Naimanzuunnadintsetseg with Meteor Shower!
(4)
Bishop has locked on target!
28 Atk, 43% Hit, 0% Crit
(21 94)
Naimanzuunnadintsetseg has fire rain down on her!
Naimanzuunnadintsetseg falls!

Mage #1 moves to 4,11!
Mage #2 moves to 4,10!
Mage #3 moves to 4,12!

"Maybe we have a chance. We must strike!"

Hera and General #2 will move next turn!

Chapter 11B Turn 11

755b57e3232a99ce5197b83cda26b156.png

Spreadsheet

The flaming meteors hurtled down from the sky, creating a string of explosions around Naimanzuunnadintsetseg. The smell of molten stone and the violent booms were both testament to the power of the attack - and the damage that would follow. Kelbara grimaced, raising her cloak to shield her mouth from the incoming storm of dust. The sorceress seemed displeased, there were no witty quips or cruel smiles from her. "You, Oswald's child. Call one of your minions to tend to her. Your cause cannot be furthered without the support of such an influential native." she remarked, lifting her own staff. "I will do what I can, arrange the rest."

"tHAT eXPLOSION wAS hUGE. mY eARS wOULD bE rINGING iF i hAD aNY." proclaimed Mr Bones, his mandible dropping from the base of his skull. 

The enemy mages had taken the bridge, no doubt planning to make use of the momentum they'd gained.

When Naimanzuunnadintsetseg turned back to look at the bridge, after her short conversation with Cassandra, she realized she'd made a grave error. Possibly a fatal one. It would be hard to blame her, still quite unfamiliar with most things magical, but she had drastically miscalculated the effective range of her foes. Swearing violently, and cursing her bad luck at being the chosen target--as it had now become apparent to her the enemy could clearly have reached any one of them if he'd so wanted, the plainswoman did her best to avoid the oncoming hail of destruction. The larger, slower meteors weren't so bad, however the inevitable shrapnel they shot out as they collided with the ground was another story. The worst of it all was the oppressive heat quickly mounting in the area, steadily sapping her strength and reaction speed.

Whether the fist-sized chunk of rock that struck her skull was a piece of shrapnel, or one of the original flaming spheres in its own right didn't much matter. Its effect was the same either way. As she found herself falling to the ground, it almost felt like her skin was starting to crisp, her hairs curl, from the continued explosions.

Ah, Naimanzuunnadintsetseg thought. Is this the end? And done in by magick, too, same as the fate of my clan? It was bitter. Too bitter to swallow. After her prideful words about Hera being the poor leader, no less. The final words that passed through her head before she hit the ground and ceased to move were, This must be what they felt as they died.

Was it karma? No, just coincidence, but an unfair one. Cass did her best to shrug off the magic before, yet it appeared... It appeared so much more effective against Naiman. The inferno crashed against her, the ground, a blaze spreading for a moment, before disappearing and... Leaving her laying there, motionless.

"No... No, no no no NO!" Cass had already been moving as the spell was cast, the residual flames lapping at the edge of her dress, as she collapsed next to the tribeswoman. Staff shaking in hand, she tried to close everything, fix everything, a familiar laugh ringing out in her mind, her back, she could feel it burning, despite there being nothing there, and--

"Not again! I can't do this again you CAN'T die! Please, please get up! Live, breathe, say anything! Call me a foolish princess, talk of your clan, I can't lose another, I won't have this mistake hang over me twice-- don't you dare die on me, damn you!"

Between her hysterics and the crying, her staff was at least working. What it was doing, she had no clue. She just needed to see her move. A twitch, a breath, a gasp, anything...

Cass to 5,7, doing whatever she can

also please to be bringing sebastian over he's useful

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Well, that had gone South rather quickly. Biting her lip, Sylvia weighed their options... they had to have someone tend to Primrose, but they also had to make headway... if they allowed those brigands to hold the bridge and keep firing off spells like that, they were toast... literally. Luckily, the Princess had already sprung into action in one regard, attacking the plainswoman's wounds.

"Damnit all! Whoile Cass tends to Lotus, we need to break through or they'll keelhaul the lot of us! Cover me!" The privateer noted, as she charged in towards the bridge, before taking a detour to use the river as cover. It'd hopefully help dampen any incoming magic, and with her swimming prowess, she could more than reach the mages atop the rickety bridge with her revolver.

Sylvia to 5,10, attack Mage 2 with Culverin Revolver

Edited by Ether

Alain could only look on with muted horror as the sky shattered above Naiman, engulfing her in a gauntlet of molten debris. Despite his prior warning she had strayed too close to the riverbank, and the enemy had spared no expense in capitalizing on that critical miscalculation. They were now firmly in command of the reconstructed bridge, free to rain down hell as they pleased. Any sense of invincibility that had been building was no undoubtedly vanquished. 

Weighing the options as best he could in the finite amount of time available to him, Alain felt compelled to order a temporary retreat. Tunneling towards the bridge would only be playing into the enemies advantage, while gaining some distance would allow him to conjure up another servant or two. Hardly apt replacements for the huntress and the now defunct princess, but in a game of numbers, anyone, or anything, would suffice.

Yes, that's the safest bet

But to his utter dismay, Sylvia had quickly decided on the contrary--tying a rope around all of their necks as she went. If he ordered the retreat, Sylvia was sure die--and if he charged in, there was little guarantee he himself wouldn't succumb to yet another untimely end. He bit his lip. There was still some time... He could order his servants to carry Naiman's body, and Astaroth could grab Cassandra...  

...Damn it. How did it come to this? 

Were they really going to falter so close to the end? 

"I'm afraid I can't have you wasting anymore time with this. This was always the reality of the game we've chosen to play. If death has claimed her, then Uuliinyagaantsetseg will suffice us as her successor. Those of us still alive hold far more value at the moment," he said, urging Kelbara to follow him. Perhaps with the four of them, there would be a chance... 

Alain reluctantly moves to (4,8) ; Attacks Mage #2 with Balor

Spooks moves to (5,13) ; Does the Bishop a heckin' spook

Nana moves to (9,13);

Mr. Bones moves to (8,7);

Senor Bones moves to (8,8);

Graham moves to (13,10);

"Curse you, Alain Duhammel! She's not dead! You're not dead! S-Sebastian, anyone, I can't deal with this alone! You're not dead, you can't be, I-I promise I'll fix this..." Her frantic healing didn't seem to be doing anything worse to Naiman, but she still wasn't moving, the longer she remained still the more panicked Cass became. This isn't happening, we just started, we can't simply lose you and move on right out of the gate! This is just an accident, an accident, nothing more! And if... If I'm not strong enough to deal with this, nor, Sebastian, maybe Belial-- Cass cut her train of thought and mentally chided herself, as much as she could between her other worries. "No, I-I, we can do this. I don't need more of his help. I don't. You're going to be okay!"

Cass moves to 5,7!
Cass does her best!
Cass gains 1 XP!

"My apologies, Master Graham, I am required elsewhere."

Sebastian somehow appears at 4,6!

"Princess, I may be able to prevent Miss Naimanzuunnadintsetseg's demise. However, I would require permission to leave the battlefield, would that be acceptable?"

Sylvia moves to 5,10!

Sylvia attacks Mage #2 with her Culverin Revolver!
Turns out we did this earlier!
(88 74 50)
Sylvia deals 26 damage! (7/33 HP remaining)
(96 5)
Sylvia dodges!
(54)

Sylvia gains 7 XP!

Alain moves to 4,8!

Alain attacks Mage #2 with Balor!
18 Atk, 85% Hit, 11% Crit
(38 72)
Another soul for the collection!

Alain gains 8 XP!
Alain gains 2 Tome WEXP!

"i tRIED tO dROWN mYSELF... iT dIDN'T wORK fOR sOME rEASON."

Spooks moves to 5,13!

Spooks attacks Bishop with its Ghostly Wail!
0 Atk, 46% Hit, 0% Crit
(60 51)
The Bishop isn't impressed.

"naNanaNanAnAnananANAnAnaNAnanAnNANAnaNAaNa"

Nana moves to 9,13!

"mASTER's oTHER sLAVE iS aNNOYING. iF hE hAS lEGS... wHY dOES he rIDE iNSTEAD oF wALKING?"

Mr Bones moves to 8,7!

"eL mURCIÉLAGO hABLA cON tANTA eLEGANCIA. eSPERO tAMBIÉN cONVERSAR cON tANTA gRACIA."

Señor Bones moves to 8,8!

"Where did everybody go?"

Graham moves to 13,10!

Edited by Shin

Sebastian's words were almost stabilizing, but the 'may' left her apprehensive. She trusted the man greatly, if he were trying to run them afoul, he'd have done it nights ago... So Cassandra nodded, taking a small step away from Naiman. "Please. Please, anything you can do. We need her... I need her." A sad state of affairs for the princess, but at least she was there now... Somewhat.

"Kelbara, please assist Alain as best as you can! We've weathered the worst of it!" Trust Sebastian, just trust him... You have to!

Cass hopes Kelbara is willing to play tank on 4,10. Nosferatu at the ready

The massive firestorm seemed to surround Naiman. Astaroth seethed in rage. When it ended, she lived, but only just. At first paralyzed by horror, it was soon replaced by unbridled rage. "How dare you?! Coward! Let's see if you can fight like a real warrior!" Astaroth charges at the robed one, very similar looking to the other one he saw earlier. He didn't even care at this point, the hypocrisy and cowardice of these men were not the Engel he knew.

Astaroth moves to 4,14 and attacks Bishop with Steel Sword.

Edited by Hylian Air Force

"It would be a shame for him to die a third time, I suppose I shall oblige."

Kelbara moves to 4,10!
Kelbara equips Nosferatu!

"You mean attacking me at a range I can't fight back at is better? I'm sure Belial has a special place for you."

Astaroth moves to 4,14!

Astaroth attacks Bishop with his Steel Sword!
23 Atk, 72% Hit, 2% Crit, 17% Adept
(21 62)
Astaroth deals 23 damage! (13/36 HP remaining)
(95)
Bishop literally can't do anything back! Such a bully!

Astaroth gains 10 XP!
Astaroth gains 1 Sword WEXP!

"I understand, Princess. I shall do my best."

Sebastian leaves the map with Naimanzuunnadintsetseg!

ENEMY PHASE

"Here's our chance!"

Hera moves to 6,16!

General #2 moves to 7,16!

Bishop attacks Alain with Meteor Shower!
(5)
No dice!
Mage #1 attacks Sylvia with Elfire!
Sylvia swaps to her Steel Lance for safety!
15 Atk, 20% Hit, 0% Crit
(58 9)
Nope!

Sylvia gains 5 XP!
Mage #3 attacks Astaroth with Thunder!
17 Atk, 81% Hit, 10% Crit, 17% Luna
(72 14 36)
Astaroth takes 17 damage! (23/39 HP remaining)

Astaroth gains 5 XP!

Chapter 11B - Turn 12

aacc57c6f40e6c11bb26a70e9dbce6f4.png

SPREADSHEET

Despite managing to take out one of their number, the enemy mages were holding fast on the bridge, morale kept high by their leader. Time to fix that. Leveling her Culverin at the bishop, Sylvia pulled the trigger, it's bullet crushing the holy man's skull in an instant as it bored it's way through.

"Engel can't protect you from gunpowder n' lead. Sorry."

Sylvia to 5,12 attack Bishop with Culverin

Edited by Ether