Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 5 Magonsaete Route

Shin

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the Bishop fell dead with a bullet in his head, Astaroth saw the two behind him. Kelbara struck first, giving Astaroth enough time to strike with his own steel against the single remaining mage on the bridge.

Kelbara attacks Mage #3 with Balor.

Astaroth moves to 4,13 and attacks Mage #3 with Steel Sword, and Canto's to 7,8.

Edited by Hylian Air Force

Things were back on track, rubbing in just how freak an accident that spell had been. "Damn it all..." Their leader had come out of their hole, at least. "You." This was their fault, they didn't know their place in this world! Cass was about to teach it to them, stepping forward and letting anger flood through her panic.

"Hera! I'll kill you for what you men did to her, how dare you!?" It wasn't Naiman, but her queen... Would be a good enough substitute.

Cass to 4,12, green sword out, brace for impact

"Disappear."

Kelbara attacks Mage #3 with Balor!
18 Atk, 85% Hit, 10% Crit
(6 99)
Kelbara deals 18 damage! (14/32 HP remaining)
Mage #3 attacks back with Thunder!
Kelbara negates Luna!
14 Atk, 79% Hit, 10% Crit
(85 75)
Miss!

Kelbara gains 7 XP!
Kelbara gains 1 Tomes WEXP!

Astaroth moves to 4,13!

Astaroth attacks Mage #3 with his Steel Sword!
27 Atk, 79% Hit, 5% Crit, 17% Adept
(78 73)
In a parallel universe, this could have gone badly.

Astaroth gains 8 XP!
Astaroth gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Astaroth cantos to 7,8!

Alain moves to 4,9!

Alain does his evil thing on Mage #1!
(21 1)
So evil!

Alain gains 8 XP!
Alain gains 2 Tome WEXP!
Alain picks up Elfire!

"mASTER... wHY dO yOU sEND mE aWAY?"

Spooks moves to 8,13!

"¡hUBIERA pREFERIDO sI eL jINETE hUBIESE mUERTO!"

Señor Bones moves to 3,8!

"Why do I always miss the important part?"

Graham moves to 8,9!

Cass moves to 4,12!
Cass equips Gaffney's Sword!

"i'LL sTAND nEXT tO mASTER. hIS hAIR sMELLS nICE lIKE mINE."

Mr Bones moves to 4,8!

Nana is surprisingly quiet?
Nana stays put!

ENEMY PHASE

"Magonsaete is a land where only the strong survive... my clan has been struggling, this is our only chance to gain the allies we need. It may seem cruel and barbaric to you, but it's what we know. Each of us would die to save our clan. Bring your blade at me, I need not allies to take you on! If you have the might to defeat me, I shall accept my fate!"

Hera moves to 4,13!

Hera attacks Cass with her Silver Sword!
12 Atk, 63% Hit, 0% Crit
(9 59)
Cass takes 12 damage! (29/41 HP remaining)
Cass attacks with Gaffney's Sword!
14 Atk, 88% Hit, 10% Crit, 32% Astra
(97 77 58)
Miss!
(41 17)
Cass takes 12 damage! (17/41 HP remaining)

Cass gains 5 XP!
Cass gains 1 Sword WEXP!

General #2 moves to 5,14!

General #2 attacks Sylvia with his Thunder Sword!
2 Atk, 28% Hit, 0% Crit
(44 85)
Nope!
Sylvia shoots back!
13 Atk, 100% Hit, 27% Crit, 23% Adept
(56 65)
Sylvia deals 13 damage! (37/50 HP remaining)
(63)
Sylvia shoots again!
(6 77)
Sylvia deals 13 damage! (24/50 HP remaining)
(88)

Sylvia gains 10 XP!

Chapter 11B - Turn 13

d2a3be2cdaef658cef0e5206f0896622.png

SPREADSHEET

Hera smirked, stepping back after her swift attack against Cass. Despite the odds, the woman carried an air of noble confidence, intent on carrying out what she promised to. "Not bad for a foreigner, I've carved up many fools who thought they could claim this land for their own. You'll have to try harder if you want to best me." Hera warned, her expression stern and almost maternal. "Magonsaete's not a place for a girl like you. It's cruel, unfair and you have to do terrible things to survive. I had a daughter roughly your age... I lost her when another tribe attacked us. No matter what I do, I can't get her to come back... but I can make sure that I'm never taken by surprise. No waiting to be attacked, if I see an enemy, they're going down before they have a chance to stab me in the back."

She laughed, leaving the armoured fighter next to her rather perplexed. "I don't know why I'm telling you all this... one of us is going to fall. I'll be getting my freedom no matter which of us is the victor." she muttered, readying herself for the next attack.

Edited by Shin

Cass bite back a yelp, steel always cut sharp, no matter who swung it. Was that going to make her pale and back away? Of course not! "What clan!? You stand alone, beside one man in pierced armor! You only fight now with whatever stubborn pride you have left in your husk. Don't speak to me like I'm some flower that needs to be protected and coddled to grow. I have seen cruel, I have seen unfair, even today fate deems it appropriate to shove such things right into my face! Kelbara, heal me!"

Kelbara to 4,11, Mend Cass

"I've done horrible things, and you're just another stepping stone if you refuse to get out of my way! Swallow what small pride remains and surrender, or die at our hands, Hera!"

Cass takes another swing!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"Everyone appears to have a death wish today."

Kelbara moves to 4,11!
Kelbara heals Cass!
Kelbara gains 12 XP!
Kelbara gains 3 Staff WEXP!

"I see, then keep fighting. If you don't, you'll end with nothing and your people will suffer. You remind me of a man from many years ago... no matter..."

Cass attacks with Gaffney's Sword!
14 Atk, 88% Hit, 10% Crit, 32% Astra
(45 15 37)
Cass deals 14 damage! (30/44 HP remaining)
Hera attacks Cass with her Silver Sword!
12 Atk, 63% Hit, 0% Crit
(20 93)
Cass takes 12 damage! (29/41 HP remaining)
(9 20)
Cass takes 12 damage! (17/41 HP remaining)

Cass gains 10 XP!
Cass gains 1 Sword WEXP!

She's not doing well. I should do something, but she's committed to this fight, so much so she would die for it. I can at least let someone else help her. Astaroth rides over to Kelbara. "This isn't our fight, Kelbara. We stand no chance against them." Astaroth helps Kelbara onto his horse and he rides back to the side of the bridge he was on.

Astaroth moves to 4,11 and Rescues Kelbara, Canto's to 3,9

"Speak for yourself, but if you wish me to move, so be it."

Astaroth moves to 4,11!
Astaroth rescues Kelbara!
Astaroth cantos to 3,9!

Somehow, Cass had managed to storm her way to the front-lines. It seemed miraculous that she had managed to calm herself in such a short amount of time, but it didn't take long for him to understand that he'd been severely mistaken. There was a powerful blood-lust covering her eyes, and it was bleeding into her swordplay. Hera was goading her, dancing around with measured grace whilst Cass flailed about like a drunken child. Each time they crossed swords, it was clear who had the advantage. Even with Kelbara supporting her, it was only a matter of time before Hera landed a mortal wound. 

"Stay your blade Hera, and heed my words!" he announced, stepping forward to reveal himself. 

"I know not who has warned you of our passing by, but perhaps you have been misled with the wrong impression of us. You see, we too are in need of allies. There is a war brewing to the East. A powerful sorcerer by the name of Malaphar has begun his conquest of Magonsaete. To that end, we ride with the banners of the Asarai and the Ulagan to oppose him. Should he find success, he will be a tyrant without peer--of this you can be certain," he said, unsure of just how much Hera was willing to listen to him. 

"You say you've lost your daughter? As a man with no children, I cannot begin to imagine your pain. But I would urge you to consider whether or not your life would be put to better use ensuring that no more mothers must bear your burden. Join us in our cause Hera. I know not what sorts of betrayals you've faced in the past, but upon my honor as the envoy to her Majesty, Queen Ethel of Raewald, know that my word is nothing but the truth." 

"This is the only thing I can offer you, Hera. Think wisely, and choose the path that will bring the most honor to your clan--and the memory of your daughter. She may be watching over her mother yet. You need not throw away your life here, but if you insist on your folly, I will allow you the opportunity to draw your second blade. It will serve you well against me, but know that in doing so, there will be no more talk," he said, brandishing his tome. 

Alain moves to (4,11);

Alain allows Hera to surrender. 

Alain allows Hera to quick-swap!

Alain attacks Hera with Adhan.  

Edited by Vestige

Hera appeared to lose her nerve, Alain's words had struck something deep inside of her. Her eyes widened, her stance relaxing rapidly in the face of Alain's powerful proclamation. It only took a matter of moments from her fierce acceptance to complete and utter surrender. She fell to her knees, her sword clattering against the ground. She leaned forwards, her palms pressed firmly against the ground. She grit her teach, banging her fist on the soil beneath her.

"We were promised so much... but there's nobody left who can fight. My clan was dying, but I sealed its fate. The south promised so much, yet it has proven to be our end." she lamented, knowing that Alain had both won in terms of battle and logic. "You speak of fairness, but how can I believe your word to be true? I have been backed into a corner, I see few other options for me... but fighting would be my end."

Alain gains 20 XP!

MAP COMPLETE
Chapter 11B - Hera defeated

Spoiler

Cass gains 25 BEXP!
Alain gains 15 BEXP!
Sylvia gains 20 BEXP!
Naimanzuunnadintsetseg gains 40 BEXP!
Astaroth gains 30 BEXP!

Graham gains 30 BEXP!
Graham grows to level 2!
(1 1 35 57 15 31 27 32)
HP up!
Strength up!
Speed up!
Luck up!
Defense up!

Sebastian gains 10 BEXP!
Aurelio gains 40 BEXP!
Barry and Paul gain 50 BEXP!
Uuliinyagaantsetseg gains 20 BEXP!
Kelbara gains 10 BEXP!

Cass' group had triumphed over Hera's tribe, although recruiting people for their cause would have to wait - they'd slain almost every able-bodied fighter that had faced them. The body count was rather astonishing, easily enough to back Hera's claims of having nobody left. Graham had only just caught up with the main group, his last fight meant that he had been left behind the rest of the group. "Is it over?" he asked, panting as he tried to catch his breath. "Running with armour on is tough... did everything go OK? I can't see Sebastian or Naiman anywhere."

The butler had hurried away from the battlefield quickly with the injured plainswoman, there had been no signs of him since his departure. Kelbara looked at Cass giving her a curious glance. "Would you like to elaborate, or would you rather I give him the details." she asked, less sadistic than perhaps expected. "There are other matters to attend to, there will be other tribes that have not fallen victim to Malaphar's scheming. Even if this one is unable to partake in combat, it is at least a force that will not join the enemy. You should gather your other minions, there will be little reason to remain here too long."

Graham winced, he'd almost forgetten that the enemy had their own people to protect, women and children who no longer had anyone to watch over them. He would have protested, but his thought process was interrupted by Alain's creations - who were still hanging around.

"mASTER sAID aLL tHE rIGHT wORDS, aND hE dIDN'T eVEN dIE tHIS tIME." Mr Bones cheered, the other monstrosities gathering together. "hE iS tRULY a hERO. hE sAVED eVERYONE... eXCEPT fOR tHE pEOPLE hE kILLED." Spooks didn't share his enthusiasm, the ghost was moping in the background alongside Nana. "NANaNanaNanANAnananAnAnANAnANa..." it screeched, flapping around aimlessly.  

It was slightly unnerving for the young noble, he'd never even known the undead could exist, let alone have four of them acting so jovially around him. "I guess they helped, you can send them back, right Alain? I mean... you do know how, right?"

Kelbara chuckled, casting a smug grin in Alain's direction. "I'm sure one so adept at summoning should have no trouble at all."

Alain had stopped the fighting... Where she couldn't. At that rate, Cass was just going to get herself killed, and what would that solve? Maybe that's for the best, she wondered, scoffing quietly at the thought. All these pretty claims about not being some flower that should be guarded, and yet, here she was, standing in front of the gardener's shears, waiting for them to close on her... All this embarrassment, wasn't she important, now? Supposed to be? She felt her grip tighten on her sword. They'd beaten this Hera, why should they let her live? Cass could just... Just, take another swing, end her there, put her down completely, and...

"Who do I remind you of?" Her voice was soft, a far cry from those shouts, only moments old. What would killing her now solve? "The man who harmed my king is dead. I turned my anger onto you... As an outlet, because it had nowhere to go. There would be no justice in cutting you down, no saving myself, nor her... So please. Tell me who I reminded you of. And perhaps I can learn something today, instead of taking something away." Cass was still mad. Furious, even, but this Hera wasn't the right person for it. Who was? Perhaps Malaphar, but he was so far away, a dream. It had nowhere to go... All she could do was pray that Sebastian knew what he was doing.

Graham had caught up, had he. Cass put her sword away, albeit slowly, and glanced towards him. "She took a spell poorly, to say the least. Sebastian is tending to her..." He's not a miracle worker, though. If you are listening, Belial, then at least make her live. Nothing more, nothing less. Even if it takes months, years for her to heal... Please. That's all I want.

Her business with Graham hopefully concluded, she held her hand out to Hera, hoping the woman would take the gesture kindly. "Let us talk. And maybe once things settle, you'll have a new clan to hold onto."

Alain let out a deep breath, relaxing his posture as he did so. Somehow he'd managed to strike a chord with Hera, and as a result the battle had come to an abrupt conclusion. Admittedly her allegiance would do little to bolster their immediate numbers, but her testimony would prove invaluable in the future.  

"You have made a wise decision today Hera. You have my gratitude. I cannot sway your heart now, but perhaps in the trials to come you will see the truth of my words," he said, turning to allow Cassandra to have her word. The nature of which quickly connected to that which Naiman had told him earlier, but this was neither the time nor the place to discuss that. Hopefully Sebastian would return her alive, else it was all inconsequential.  

"Of course I can send them back," he scoffed, unsure of his words even as he spoke them. In all fairness, he hadn't been granted much time to practice one way or the other. That he'd been able to even do this much was a surprise even to himself. "...But I think I'll keep them around for now. The longer they're around, the quicker you'll begin to normalize them, wouldn't you agree? In fact, why don't you go and have a chat with them Graham? Underneath all that metal and flesh, you're a walking skeleton too," he said, giving his armored suit a few quick knocks. 

It was about as good an excuse as he was going to get. 

With Alain's speech, it seems what little remained of the enemy forces had surrendered. Granted, it truly was what little remained, at this point just their leader, along with a single, rather wounded armoured fellow. Still, with Cassandra taking the front lines, she must have stabilized Lilac to some degree. Swimming up to the bridge before climbing on, close by to where the Princess was speaking with the enemy commander.

"So what's the situation with Zinnia? I didn't catch much after she got hit, was tryin'a get control a' the bridge, figured y'all had her handled just as well with or without me, bein' kinda useless for wounds like that n'all."

Astaroth said nothing for some time. Everything hurt after the battle: his body from the fighting itself, his mind from the bizarre nature of Alain's creatures, and, most of all, his heart, after both priests had been so arrogant as to dismiss anything other than their own self-righteousness. The first one in particular foolishly thought Astaroth would actually turn his blade on Princess Cassandra on principle alone. How deluded must one be to expect that? How arrogant?! No, I wouldn't ever. Then he remembered they supposedly proselytized the Aega even though they gave no indication of being changed for the better, unlike those who came willingly to Engel from the Asarai. He came to the conclusion that they probably didn't truly care whether the conversion was genuine or not, just that they had followers to bend to their will, good or ill, and probably just the latter. Given the swiftness with which Hera surrendered to the group once Alain confronted her probably meant the priests themselves had a bearing on her judgment. And what damned them above all else was their absolute willingness to not only fight, but fight without honor, something even Hera didn't do. It was with this that Astaroth concluded that this farce was not glorifying to Engel, doctrine or not.

Astaroth turned to the Princess. "I see now why you bear no love for the Church of Engel. Cowardly are they, and blinded are they by their own self-righteous arrogance. This cannot continue, as the innocent are brought to heel by this despicable hypocrisy. They must be exposed as the serpents they are, and the evil they have done made right. Say what you will about Engel himself, I care not. But at least on the actions of his priests, we are agreed." Astaroth dismounted his horse and stood in front of the body of the priest near the bridge. He picked up the tome he was carrying. "Sickening. This sort of power shouldn't be held by anyone, much less a snake such as he. It may have indeed claimed the life of someone dear, without remorse or a second thought." Astaroth then opened the book and began fileting the pages with his sword. He then threw the skewered and scratched tome into the river. "Now it can't be used for evil ever again."

He then looked across the river back to where near he met the first priest. They must have gathered there. Engel preserve me, I don't know what I'll find, or, even worse, what I won't. I only can ask forgiveness for this from you, Lord Engel, as those who would suffer the most from this are already among you. Mounting his horse once more, he rode off to the building in question. Coming up on the body of the first priest, he moved past it to approach the doors of the surprisingly majestic building. It was then he opened the door. "Engel above!" He briefly looked down and to the side in embarrassment. "Sorry."

Edited by Hylian Air Force

Permanent Fixture

Kelbara smirked, Alain's answer was enough for her. "I'm sure they will be especially useful in convincing the natives to join your cause, truly you are a diplomat." she chuckled, leaving Graham to deal with Mr Bones. "I shall see if the butler is struggling or not. Whatever you wish to do with your captive is not my problem." The skeleton seemed thrilled to have a living companion, but Graham didn't quite share his enthusiasm. He gave Cass a nervous nod, the news of Naimanzuunnadintsetseg's injuries was somewhat worrying. Even with their victory, it didn't feel like they had made much progress. Mr Bones patted Graham on the back, giving his master a thumbs up.

"i sHALL bEFRIEND tHE mEAT wEARING sKELETON, mASTER. wE wILL bECOME bEST fRIENDS eVEN iF hE dIES gRUSOMELY." Mr Bones proclaimed, not really reassuring Graham that keeping them around was a good idea. "i wONDER wHAT iS fOR dINNER. mY sTOMACH wOULD bE rUMBLING... iF i hAD oNE."

"He was a pink haired man with a long emerald blade... not unlike yourself. It must have been twenty years since I last saw him, the way you move... it reminds me of him." Hera replied, looking up at Cass. The woman sighed, nostalgia softening her expression. "He bested me by the blade, but then left me to tell the tale. If I had to be truthful, he was far more skilled than yourself but he did have years on his side."

Engel's Judgement

The chapel was almost out of place in the wilderness, the ornate structure clearly having been around for a while and built up over time. The interior was well decorated and in immaculate condition, Trevor's claims of the tribe's devout nature didn't appear to be too inaccurate. Two lines of pews stretched from the back of the church all the way to the altar, some of the benches were looking worse for wear, but at the same time there were many that were almost brand new. Religious carvings and paintings lined the walls, some of them looking remarkably fresh. The texts and symbols were all those that Astaroth could recognise, whatever branch they practised was not too different to his own.

The clouds rumbled above, a moisture was seeping into the air, heralding the appearance of rain in the near future. There was silence as Astaroth apologised, shortly followed by a loud rumble of thunder and a gust of wind through the chapel. The torches lining the sides of the aisle lit one by one, illuminating a path towards the altar for the young tribal chief.

Not taking my hand, are we? "Up with you, the ground is no place for such a powerful warrior." Cass hoisted Hera up to her feet after her small tale of a man with an emerald blade... Twenty years ago, was it? "I've no idea what my father was doing here... But he's dead, now. He would definitely have been a much better swordsman than I. I... The sword is not my weapon. Taking it up is a rather recent affair. With how much grace you hold in your blade, it must've been a bit of an eyesore to match blades with someone like me." Cass shook her head a moment. Just how much had her father gotten up to in his lifetime? How much more could he have done were his health better? Would he have lived a bit longer had they stayed with him...? Or would they have died with them, under the conspiracies of Edmond...

Too chilling a thought at the moment, there were things that needed to be done. "Hera, I'd like you to come with us. You're a better sword arm than anyone else around here, and I need to learn-- the blade, and your culture. I need someone to teach me everything they can of Magonsaete... Someone who's been around long enough to know. It might be greedy of me, but Naiman cannot show me everything of your world. I cannot stake any claims here if I do not know."

Astaroth slowly found his way to the altar. His rage had subsided. He knelt at the altar and began thinking harder about what exactly happened in the last few hours. They weren't the only ones at fault. Both sides made mistakes today. And our common enemy only gained from it. Astaroth then began uttering a prayer. "Would you listen to the ramblings of an errant soul? Many of your own have died today, and for what? Power? Faith? No, it's not that simple, and far more sinister. Fear has driven this skirmish, and all but 2 of now lay dead because of it. And they might not be alone, either." Naiman. Damn it! Why didn't I go see?! A fellow chieftain, and I didn't even see if he lived! What have I done?! 

Astaroth slams his fists on the floor, disgusted with his neglect of the gravity of the situation. Could he have done something to stop it? Was she supposed to die, there? He was confused, and here lay the opportunity to ask someone who knew, even if the answer never came. "Why did this happen? I know all must eventually die, but why her? And why now? Don't punish her for the mistakes I made, or the mistakes the Princess made. It isn't fair to her after all she's suffered. I would have gladly taken her place and rid the princess of a burden. But... I don't... decide... who lives... and who... and who... " Astaroth couldn't hold back anymore. Again like a babe, he cried, but this time he was alone only in person, as he felt that at the very least Uuliin, if not almost everyone, was pleading for Naiman's life. Belial possibly could bring her back, but what would the cost be? No, Astaroth couldn't confide in anyone but Engel in this moment.

"I will remain, for now. I am all too aware the power of the plains storms. If I must, I will read by the candlelight. To know you even better, and to find out if I have learned enough about you. " He opened the book and began reading, something he hadn't done in a while, and something he needed to do again.

Daughter of the Father

Hera appeared shocked by Cass' sudden removal of her from the ground, the tribeswoman was struggling to comprehend Cass' treatment of her. "You and your people had truly defeated me, yet you treat me as an equal? Such strange behaviour, foreigners continue to puzzle me." she replied, still visibly stunned. "Your father? It begins to make sense... he was a man who fought for his country. I am not proud, but there were times my tribe wished to take Wyke's land for ourselves. I was but a young woman, the talk of a better existence from my tribe's leaders had gotten the better of me. We never made it to Wyke, we were defeated at our own coast. It is almost fitting, both the father and the daughter trying to teach me that there are other ways for my tribe to survive. Perhaps this time it would be best that I listen."

The clouds were gathering overhead, rain was definitely coming soon. A few drops fell from the sky, pattering against the ground gently.

Engel's Fury

There was silence after Astaroth's lamentation, a pensive moment where everything sat still. The sound of rain against the chapel's roof echoed throughout the hall, the chapel unnervingly empty. Another gust of wind blew through the chapel, extinguishing every torch except the ones surrounding Astaroth at the altar. A harsh light emitted from above, the rest of the chapel around the tribesman disappearing in a blinding glare. An unsettling chill shot down Astaroth's back, a powerful presence had joined him in the chapel - or it had been waiting the whole time.

"You speak of knowing me, yet you acknowledge not your great sins? Slay not thine brethren, to turn a blade on your fellow brothers and sisters... and to ally yourself with the children of Belial. Thine sins are greater than those who turn their back on me." boomed a commanding voice, its tone combining both great authority and judgement. "The lies you tell yourself to justify thine actions. Thou hast aided the spawn of Belial, furthering their goals. This day you have drawn your blade on my children without hesitance, tell me truly that you believe yourself on the side of good."

Cass could only raise an eyebrow, was this a part of the country's culture as well? "If we're the victors, if we decide what happens to you, then I choose to treat you as an equal. I'm the foreigner, here... If Naiman survives her injuries, then we will once again have a proper leader, but until then." Sebastian had better of been working quickly. It was beginning to rain again, as well... "With us, then. Alain, can your minions aid Hera's man towards a camp? We should be getting ourselves out of this rain. Hera, I don't know about Magonsaete absorbing Wyke into itself, but if my plans come to a head, then the nations will be allied together. It's just a matter of making those plans work... I've not an easy road ahead of myself." Where to go, though? Heading to that church across the way seemed too ironic...

"Actually, how secure is that fort of yours, Hera?" It would be the best place to get themselves out of the rain. "If it means we'll be dry, there's no place better. I've something to address, so... Everyone! Make for the fort, help those wounded. We can light some torches inside, get some heat away from the coming storm." And some proper rest. "I'll be right back." Her own wounds could wait. Cass headed off the bridge, towards where Sebastian had scurried.

Astaroth rose up to the light. "I do acknowledge it! I cannot in good faith leave the lost ones to die against one who would overthrow you! That only knows absolute destruction! I drew my blade in defense of the goal of stopping Malaphar, not blaspheming you! The priests only stood in the way of that goal! And they revealed themselves charlatans when they refused honor! These are not lies, but truths! You can judge me, and damn me once I'm dead, but don't think for a second that I would dare abandon you! If you want to strike me down, so be it! But even if I stand in Belial's presence for what I have done, I will defend you! Even if I am brought eternal torment for it!" He waited for Engel to finally have had enough of him and his reasoning. Whether Engel believed the battle inevitable or not didn't matter now, all that did was whether Astaroth was going to live another minute.

"Our cause, you mean to say. I do believe you're quite complicit in all of this now," he replied, raising an eyebrow. The last battle seemed to have emboldened Kelbara a bit. It was nice to hear her opening up a little, even if he had to be on the receiving end of her thinly veiled jabs.

"But I never imagined I would get criticized in my methods of diplomacy by a would-be hermit girl of all people. Quite the situation I seem to have found myself in," he snorted, following after the woman. She seemed to have an idea on where Sebastian had taken Naiman, and with no other business left for him to be attending to he took it upon himself to accompany her. 

One for All

"Our fort? It is enough to fend off other tribes... assuming we have a reasonable fighting force." Hera replied, looking back at her peoples' home. It wasn't exactly a spectacular fortress, but it had solid walls at the very least. "A unified Magonsaete? It sounds impossible, but with how the south is gathering forces perhaps it is more feasible than I first expected. There are stronger tribes out there than my own, and they too may be tempted by the promise of glory."

Kelbara smirked, letting Alain having his victory. "At least you're popular, I can't imagine myself having so many people drawn to me." she chuckled, glancing over at Alain's misfit creations.

-

Fallen Friends

It didn't take Cass or Alain long to find Sebastian and the others. Aurelio and the natives had formed a makeshift camp with their tents. Aurelio raised his hand, hailing Cass and Alain. "I'm guessing the battle's over, real shame I couldn't get in there and take down a few of those cavemen. Looks like they did a number on Naimawhatyacallher... the butler guy's in the tent fixing her up. He hasn't been there that long, no clue how far he's got." Aurelio remarked, gesturing in the tent behind them. "Is Clip-Clop not with you? I figured if anyone woulda got their face caved in it would be him."

-

Terrific tutelage

Sebastian was the first person to come in to view as Naimanzuunnadintsetseg started to awake, the butler applying a bitter smelling paste to her face as she lay on the ground. "My estimates appear to somewhat off, I hadn't anticipated you waking for another hour or two. Perhaps my knowledge of materia medica is not as complete as I had expected." he mused, sitting himself away from Naimanzuunnadintsetseg. "I would recommend staying still for the time being, unless facial scarring is something that you would desire. My predecessor always believed that healing magic and tradition medicine worked best in combination, as with most things he appears to be correct."

-

His Name

Bright white flames surrounded Astaroth and the altar, a holy heat glowing from it. "Refusal of honour? Your blade struck one who could not fight back, your actions are no better than those you claim have betrayed me! Thou doth receive what thou spread, judgement shall come for you as it had for them. Good and evil are not what is of benefit to you or what brings you harm... it is an absolute morality!" Engel bellowed, the flames growing more fierce in intensity. "Malaphar... you speak the devil's name, a fiend that allies himself not with good or evil but a cause far more sinister than the acts of Belial. Your actions will carve the path you follow... and the fate that you shall receive. Remember thineself and do not forget mine words. Belial will tempt you and challenge your beliefs... I shall be watching."

In an instant the flames vanished, the torches all extinguishing themselves. Astaroth was left alone in the lightless chapel, nobody else the wiser of what had occured. A golden ornate sword leaned against the altar, it certainly hadn't been there before. It wasn't entirely clear why, but there was a sense that it had been left for the tribesman.

Astaroth learns something about himself!
Astaroth acquires Crusader's Edge!

"Stow it," was the only response Cass could manage for their axe wielding accomplice. To be fair to him, this time, it wasn't his fault. She was incredibly on edge, trusting in Sebastian's magic and care only got her so far. As she dipped her head into the tent, she had to catch herself. Naiman was... Awake? Already? But with her wounds still being dressed, collapsing into a hug would be a horrible idea. Frozen a moment, Cass managed to collect herself enough to stoop in and sit on her knees at the warrior's side.

"How are you feeling? Er... I-If it's hard to talk, don't force it. Sebastian, is she going to be alright?" Cassandra's concern couldn't be more clear, shaky hands shying away from taking hold of Naiman's for fear that it would jostle her in a way that could disturb something of Sebastian's applications. "I won't get into the blame game, much as I feel awful about this happening... Just... Be okay. Please."

"My actions carve the path. So be it. I have greatly erred, and I will certainly not raise my blade at them again. I thank, my lord, for speaking to me. I can claim to know you true, now that I have shed my ignorance. " Astaroth had ultimately realized he hadn't truly lost his savage nature, and that mere platitudes had caused a great sin. However, Engel was ultimately forgiving, and had bestowed a sort of gift upon him. "I hope the princess can forgive me for having this, but compared to Engel, I could survive without it." He took the blade and held it carefully. He had the force to back up Engel's strength, more than the priests ever did.

Astaroth left the church holding the blade in its sheath. He soon saw a small group of tents. He rode over to them, blade in hand. He didn't know how the blade would respond. He finally made it over, and then dismounted his horse. He didn't want to waste any time. Only one person, as far as he knew, had ever talked to a god, and it was Alain. He found his way to him and Kelbara, and while he initially thought of keeping his distance, he knew they weren't really gonna try to convince him of anything. He had to tell someone what happened, that Engel was real, and was watching. "Sir Duhamel, I request your presence. Alone." He hoped Alain wouldn't suspect anything of it, but given the circumstances, he couldn't help but be concerned that Alain might react poorly to his new weapon.