DarkDestr0yer61

Did you play/like TMS?

Did you play/like TMS?  

32 members have voted

  1. 1. Did you play/like TMS?

    • I played it, and I liked it.
    • I played it, and I did not like it.
    • I did not play it.


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I find it really limiting that Itsuki always needs to be in your active party. He's the best fighter, but there's still times where I'd rather fight with three different characters. There's not much plot reason for it either, plenty of games let the protagonist be in the sub cast when you can change party members mid battle.

IIRC it was something about Itsuki being the "lord" character, and how in regular FE you couldn't kick the main lord out the party.

It works in FE due to the sheer number of unit slots we get.  For a smaller game like this, I would've loved to give him the boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like people are right to be upset at the lack of crossover-ness when this is the game's annnouncement.

26 minutes ago, eclipse said:

IIRC it was something about Itsuki being the "lord" character, and how in regular FE you couldn't kick the main lord out the party.

It works in FE due to the sheer number of unit slots we get.  For a smaller game like this, I would've loved to give him the boot.

Yeah, this is one of my pet peeves in JRPGs. Active parties of three or four but the main character is locked in. And don't get me started on those same games where it's instant game over when the main character gets KO'd even though revival items exist. Was TMS like that? Can't remember. I know most if not all Atlus games are like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a good SMT spinoff with FE characters; in other words, it's more an SMT game mechanically than FE game.
I personally loved it, and am eagerly anticipating a sequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeah, this is one of my pet peeves in JRPGs. Active parties of three or four but the main character is locked in. And don't get me started on those same games where it's instant game over when the main character gets KO'd even though revival items exist. Was TMS like that? Can't remember. I know most if not all Atlus games are like that.

Nope. Itsuki can die without leading to a game over. They even removed this requirement in SMTIV, a sign of how dated it sort of is. Although in SMT it sort of makes sense, because the demons have no inherent loyalty to you or your cause. Once you're in a state that you can no longer exert authority over them, they'll just abandon you, and if you have say an Oni, well I hope you like being smothered in ketchup!

I am in total agreement that Itsuki should have been able to be swapped out of the main cast when you have a mere three characters out at any time, that is 1/3 of your team stuck as always being Itsuki when everyone else is interesting too. It'd be one of the first things I'd change in a port. I'd like a lot of new things/changes in one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had quite a few issues with bosses, as they were challenging, but in the end I always managed to beat them with whatever characters I used. I usually rotated them and ended using pretty bad matchups but resetted and faced them again. The only fixed party I used against Medeus was Itsuki, Tsubasa and Kiria/Touma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 7:21 PM, Glennstavos said:

I feel like people are right to be upset at the lack of crossover-ness when this is the game's annnouncement.

The rushed old teaser with old stock art? The developers have stated that this particular teaser was done before a direction was set for the project. Nintendo basically pushed Atlus for the teaser to attempt to build up hype. There was nothing to be “upset” about asides fans having expectations that were too high. The long 2 year pause was a clear indicator. However...had there been another teaser or trailer with original content, like, new designs for some SMTcharacters and a redesigned Marth fending off against SMT demons summoned by Nergal and then the TMS stuff a year later, sure, fans “should” be upset. 

As for the game itself, I loved it. The game deserves a second chance.

 

 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.