New banner and updates: World of Dawn [DATAMINE]

Armagon

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Yup, just looked it all up and it's all there. I had the scene so clear in my head of npc wyverns, that I'm pretty sure it had to be a dream I got all confused. 

Even more disappointed now. I liked my wyvern Zelgius xD 

Ah, yeah, alas nope. Only male wyverns of any significance in Tellius are Haar and Shiharam. Thinking about it, how awesome would Haar having been pullable and Shiharam being a GHB be?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Radiant Dawn banner at last. I did not expect Zelgius to be in this one. That is very awesome and I would be hyped as all get out. However...

And I see this has already been run into the ground, but I gotta get my opinion in here. I am just...utterly... pissed that Zelgius is not in his red armor. Why, IS? Why!? What reason was there to use the BK armor again? For Alondite? His official art depicts him with a unique sword not seen in game. They could just consider it a forged Silver Blade and I think that would've worked just fine. I agree on the notion that this was an unnecessary spoiler even though I already knew.

Honestly, all I want is a new official version of Zelgius in his red Begnion armor. Now I have to bank on Cipher to deliver on that front. They seriously better not repeat this there.

Well, if nothing else, at least he's in the summoning pool now, so I don't have to wait for BK to return in another Tempest Trial. Considering I'm still unable to play this darn game (I will not emulate it, so don't suggest it) and thus am gonna miss out on this banner only irks me more. On the bright side, we just need Leif to complete the set of Lords. Don't keep us waiting, IS.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though really they should have saved Oliver and BK Zelgy for later and focused on more DB members. Maybe throwing in Jarod for the GHB while we're at it, although he is a minor villain, he is a villain only Micaiah's crew can claim. Plus Infantry Lance isn't overly common as a unit type.

You can't fit all three of Edward-Leonardo-Nolan when you already have Micaiah and Sothe? So what? They had no issues leaving other sets incomplete. We have an Oscar with no Kieran, a Nephenee with no Brom. Three Fangs when there are supposed to be Four.  I could name others too. 

I mean, Oscar does show up long before Kieran in FE9, as well. It's par for the course.

And Light Magic is about as uncommon as Lance Infantry. Even in Heroes, you've received neither a free blue tome infantry nor a free lance infantry thus far, to my understanding. Whether Oliver -- who is probably worse than Robin (a common 3*) and Mae and Tailtiu (4-5* units) -- can fill that void as well as Arvis or even Lady Robin do for their colors, I can hardly say, but there you go. Devs say thanks, et cetera.

9 minutes ago, Iridium said:

I mean, Oscar does show up long before Kieran in FE9, as well. It's par for the course.

And Light Magic is about as uncommon as Lance Infantry. Even in Heroes, you've received neither a free blue tome infantry nor a free lance infantry thus far, to my understanding. Whether Oliver -- who is probably worse than Robin (a common 3*) and Mae and Tailtiu (4-5* units) -- can fill that void as well as Arvis or even Lady Robin do for their colors, I can hardly say, but there you go. Devs say thanks, et cetera.

I could be misinterpreting what you're trying to say, but we have indeed received a free lance infantry in Heroes. Two, in fact. Sharena from starting the game, and Fjorm from playing Book II.

16 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

I could be misinterpreting what you're trying to say, but we have indeed received a free lance infantry in Heroes. Two, in fact. Sharena from starting the game, and Fjorm from playing Book II.

You also got Donnel available in the Hero Battle rotation and Oboro was even handed out via a previous set of quests so she technically qualifies as a F2P unit too.

Many orbs later and Micaiah refused to come home. Got my pity rate broken by a +Res/-Atk Zelgius. At least Reinhardt got 3 more merges (he's now +7) and another Cordelia got added to my collection.

I managed to NOT pull Micaiah!

In other news, that YOLO Amelia pull looks a lot better, since Zelgius is definitely gonna be a bonus unit.  Alas, my blue armor will be Effie.  This. . .is going to be interesting.

I hope my Clair can take on Zelgius or Gunnthra with Saizo debuffs, because B!Ike sure as hell aint gonna be able to take on Zelgius +10... Black Luna is gonna suck ._., I hope Clairs Guard is enough to prevent Black Luna and kill on the next turn, her DEF isnt the best material :/. Who am i kidding most +10 Zelgus will go with +Atk boon and run Bold Fighter so they can one shot half of the playing Field... I need an answer for that

80 pulls total so far.

Mia, Sothe [+Res, -HP], Micaiah [+Def, -Atk], Ike, Mist, Lyn, Zelgius [+Def, -Res] in that order. One of these things is not like the others... 

I'm honestly more impressed at the coincidence than at the above-average 5-star pull count. The natures are all either meh or garbage, though. I'll probably try for a second copy of each later after I clear out my barracks a bit more.

5 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Ah, yeah, alas nope. Only male wyverns of any significance in Tellius are Haar and Shiharam. Thinking about it, how awesome would Haar having been pullable and Shiharam being a GHB be?

I would love a Haar :D

Shiharam I can take or leave, but I wouldn't mind if he was added.

And you not counting Ashnard as a Wyvern Rider of some kind?... even though it's not quite a wyvern he's riding...

Incidentally, Zelgius hates me -.- Is it because I thought you were a wyverner that you're staying away from me in a huff? ¬¬

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

I hope my Clair can take on Zelgius or Gunnthra with Saizo debuffs, because B!Ike sure as hell aint gonna be able to take on Zelgius +10... Black Luna is gonna suck ._., I hope Clairs Guard is enough to prevent Black Luna and kill on the next turn, her DEF isnt the best material :/. Who am i kidding most +10 Zelgus will go with +Atk boon and run Bold Fighter so they can one shot half of the playing Field... I need an answer for that

So, here's what I can think of (B slot for Zelgius):

- Warp Powder/other movement skill: Have him run into a lance with QR or Swordbreaker.
- Vantage: This one's somewhat tricky.  You need to kill him in two hits, and neither side can double.  IMO the best way to approach this one is to force Vantage early via splash damage (Pain+ or Deathly Dagger with Savage Blow), then kill him in one hit.  Hardy Bearing might help, but eh.
- Wary Fighter: I doubt you'll see this, since -Spd is still respectable.
- Some -breaker: Use a different weapon.
- Quick Riposte: Like Vantage, pop it early.  Unlike Vantage, you're safe once you chip away enough of his health.
- Guard: It takes someone even more insane than me to run this.  Pretend it's QR, except that he won't double you.
- Something else: Plan accordingly?  The goal is to make sure Black Luna doesn't go off, because if it does, you're dead.  Regardless, I'm tired, so this list may not make any sense at all.  I apologize.

Looks like the best catch-all is a sturdy Sapphire Lance user, and have Zelgius initiate.

Mine has Warp Powder as a filler.  I'll probably change this to Vantage later, because I'm horrible like that.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

So, here's what I can think of (B slot for Zelgius):

- Warp Powder/other movement skill: Have him run into a lance with QR or Swordbreaker.
- Vantage: This one's somewhat tricky.  You need to kill him in two hits, and neither side can double.  IMO the best way to approach this one is to force Vantage early via splash damage (Pain+ or Deathly Dagger with Savage Blow), then kill him in one hit.  Hardy Bearing might help, but eh.
- Wary Fighter: I doubt you'll see this, since -Spd is still respectable.
- Some -breaker: Use a different weapon.
- Quick Riposte: Like Vantage, pop it early.  Unlike Vantage, you're safe once you chip away enough of his health.
- Guard: It takes someone even more insane than me to run this.  Pretend it's QR, except that he won't double you.
- Something else: Plan accordingly?  The goal is to make sure Black Luna doesn't go off, because if it does, you're dead.  Regardless, I'm tired, so this list may not make any sense at all.  I apologize.

Looks like the best catch-all is a sturdy Sapphire Lance user, and have Zelgius initiate.

Mine has Warp Powder as a filler.  I'll probably change this to Vantage later, because I'm horrible like that.

If Zelgius uses Bold Fighter I can bait him with Clair  (due to Guard 3 reducing bold fighter hits to 1), which will leave him with 1 Cooldown charge left to Black Luna. But baiting is not good when he can bring in 2 hits guaranteed due to his high attack and Clairs pitifully 25ish or so DEF (even with Weapon triangle advantage). Next battle Clair has Iceberg ready which should deal 23 dmg + her attack, which hopefully brings him down, so going in on Bold Fighter is best which leaves him at 3 special cooldown charge, OR 1 if he runs Steady Breath in his A-Slot (which he will)
IF he uses super Vengeful fighter, I can bait him and double back which leaves him at still 3 cooldown charge. If I attack him and he has steady breath in his A Slot its game he will have Black Luna Ready for the next round.
I have taken out Blue Lance Armorers +10 with Clair, this should work, especially if i get the debuffs from Saizos Smoke Dagger+ off. Its just that Black Luna can really fuck things up ¬,¬

Not to rub in everyone's faces, but I'm pretty happy about getting a Micaiah for 43 orbs. She's might have the most accursed nature in Heores (+HP, -ATK), but she my Micky and I honestly don't think natures (sans -RES) interefere much in her role (besides, I have and +SPD/-DEF Lute, so it makes her more unique-ish

4 minutes ago, Crux404 said:

Not to rub in everyone's faces, but I'm pretty happy about getting a Micaiah for 43 orbs. She's might have the most accursed nature in Heores (+HP, -ATK)

Hey, it’s my Micaiah! Even with −Atk, she still reaches respectable 32 Atk. Neutral Celica and Tharja have 32 Atk. Cecilia has 32 Atk. Reinhardt has 32 Atk.
So yeah, 32 Atk is still very good.

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hey, it’s my Micaiah! Even with −Atk, she still reaches respectable 32 Atk. Neutral Celica and Tharja have 32 Atk. Cecilia has 32 Atk. Reinhardt has 32 Atk.
So yeah, 32 Atk is still very good.

She doubling issues, but she`s a great magical tank even with a RES bane. With Zelgius basically BK with more bulk (and an arguably broken B skill) and Sothe having a supportive roles (and reaching at least 40 with phantom speed), this banner is somwhat RNG unscrewable. But sorry for taking her from you :/

Edited by Crux404

2 minutes ago, Crux404 said:

She doubling issues, but she`s a great magical tank even with a RES bane. With Zelgius basically BK with more bulk (and an arguably broken B skill) and Sothe having a supportive roles (and reaching at least 40 with phantom speed), this banner is somwhat RNG unscrewable. But sorry for taking her from you :/

She needs QR for sure. Now I know who will be my next five-star promotion.

Got Micaiah after about 200 orbs, with a 5* Mae along the way.

So much for that huge stash I'd built up, but whatever. Shouldn't take too long to get more.

Got Micaiah around 50 orbs in, no other 5*s in between. She’s +Res -HP too so that’s pretty good. 

I’m really glad I got her with my saved orbs without having to whale. She’s my favorite FE character so I would have been satisfied with any nature. 

Did one full summon along with the free pull, got me five 4* units (my second +ATK Reinhardt of 3 ever pulled Reinhardts). 

Perhaps I'll go for Micaiah at the end of the banner, depends what else pops up until then.