New banner and updates: World of Dawn [DATAMINE]

Armagon

Surtr's remarks about planning on backstabbing Veronica once he doesn't need her anymore is more reason to expect Veronica to become playable eventually, so that's neat.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice Dragon changed the title to New banner and updates: World of Dawn
  • Ice Dragon changed the title to New banner and updates: World of Dawn [DATAMINE]

+def while not optimal I think is going to be fairly useful on Micaiah. Now I just really wish I had a way to give her Quick Repose. 

image.png

50 res and 33 def on ranged enemy phase is going to be oodles of fun I think. 

...So I'm I the only one that's kinda bummed they didn't give Zelgius his Begnionese Armor and red color-scheme for his hero portrait?

*skims thread*

...No I am not...

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 minute ago, Shoblongoo said:

...So I'm I the only one that's kinda bummed they didn't give Zelgius his Begnionese Armor and red color-scheme for his hero portrait?

That's literally the second most common gripe in this thread, the first being that Zelgius is a spoiler for the exact same reason.

1 minute ago, Shoblongoo said:

Nope, I've heard tons of people being upset as am I. He looks so awesome in his Begnion armor I really wish they would've released him that way and now I don't know if we'll ever get him.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's literally the second most common gripe in this thread, the first being that Zelgius is a spoiler for the exact same reason.

...yeah that is kinda shitty for the people who have never played the Tellius games.

That reveal was one of the big "wow" moments in the story. Now its something new fans are never going to get to experience, even if IS pulls off a perfect remake. 

Damn; Tellius needs more love though.

I do hope they at some point figure out how to work Laguz Heroes into Game. (FFS--how hard is it to make [talon/claw] a physical analogue to the Dragonstone and program in a few animal animations)

Tibarn and Naesala for  flier emblem; is that too much to ask???

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 hour ago, DarkLordIvy said:

+def while not optimal I think is going to be fairly useful on Micaiah. Now I just really wish I had a way to give her Quick Repose. 

image.png

50 res and 33 def on ranged enemy phase is going to be oodles of fun I think. 

Mine runs Fury 3 Desperation + Brash Assault Seal. with Sacrifiace + Fury she drops quite easy into the Desp/Brash range. So far she isnt dissapointing in the Arena 730~ range, where 3 out of 4 units are Armors. Even with 0 merges she manages to ORKO almost all +10 Armors ecxept for the really bulky Green ones (Lissa and Sheena) or if they stand on a defense tile.

Even encountered a Zelgius +10 allready and she didnt even need to double to ORKO him lol

Definitly gonna run her as a bonus unit!

19 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

The amount of money people put into this game is unreal 

I don't know if just wanted him for Black Luna or he was an actual Zelgius/Black Knight fan.

Oh! And I get Micaiah just using 4 Orbs :D

26229946_1891335914211181_38365464593197

21 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

...yeah that is kinda shitty for the people who have never played the Tellius games.

At some point, the creators have to say that it is no longer worth hiding spoilers when creating derivative and spin-off works because it limits what they are able to do.

25 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

That reveal was one of the big "wow" moments in the story. Now its something new fans are never going to get to experience, even if IS pulls off a perfect remake. 

Zelgius was already suspected to be the Black Knight's identity by the Fire Emblem community long before the release of Radiant Dawn.

With how pervasive and all-knowing (and tactless) the internet is these days, it's getting harder and harder to justify keeping spoilers a secret for something a decade old.

34 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Even encountered a Zelgius +10 allready and she didnt even need to double to ORKO him lol

I don't find that terribly surprising when my +0 Frederick overkills every +10 blue armor in the game by 20+ damage even when targeting their stronger Def stat.

33 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

The amount of money people put into this game is unreal 

It's only an average of 800-900 USD to +10 a single character from a 3-character banner.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Ice Dragon: Is it [DATAMINE] anymore when the banner has already been released? Or is it because of Oliver?

Wait to the weekend when the Mini Tempest and Oliver are released... then the [DATAMINE] will be unneeded.

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

*skims thread*

...No I am not...

The developers probably thought that the black armor was the more popular (and cheaper)choice and they probably couldn’t think of a good alternative to Alondite for him to use as a weapon. Anything else would feel like a downgrade, same with Black Luna. Sure, the art is new, I’ll give you that but reusing sprites means less development time. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

10 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I would love a Haar :D

Shiharam I can take or leave, but I wouldn't mind if he was added.

And you not counting Ashnard as a Wyvern Rider of some kind?... even though it's not quite a wyvern he's riding...

Incidentally, Zelgius hates me -.- Is it because I thought you were a wyverner that you're staying away from me in a huff? ¬¬

Wow, I can't believe I forgot about my favorite FE villain.

Did the free + full pull. Got some more cav buff fodder and a +Atk/-Def Rein. Just trying to decide if the boon is enough to pick him over my +Def/-SPD one.

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

I managed to NOT pull Micaiah!

In other news, that YOLO Amelia pull looks a lot better, since Zelgius is definitely gonna be a bonus unit.  Alas, my blue armor will be Effie.  This. . .is going to be interesting.

That's excellent news! You're not deserving of Micaiah!

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Surtr's remarks about planning on backstabbing Veronica once he doesn't need her anymore is more reason to expect Veronica to become playable eventually, so that's neat.

Well, once she's cured of her demon-god-blood-possession disease.  In the mean time, it sounds like an excuse to remove her from the final battle so we can defeat him without needing an excuse for letting her go.

42 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's only an average of 800-900 USD to +10 a single character from a 3-character banner.

That's... still a lot.  Maybe not by the standards of other gacha games to max a unit, but still a lot.

2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

No, it wasn't. The way the reveal was handled ingame was completely anticlimactic, and lots of people knew already anyway. Datamined FE9 stats lead to it being widely assumed before FE9's release, and a lot of people (myself included) heard about the confirmation before even getting to play the game ourselves because people posted a lot about it after FE10's Japanese release.

I really think it's a better experience going in with the "mystery" already settled than having the buildup and expecting more out of it and just getting the mess it turned out to be.

Edited by Othin

Got my first Roderick. Promoted him to 5* and gave his firesweep lance+ to Tana. I also gave Tana LaD3 from Minerva (she had -spd +res). If only I know how to save screenshots of my phone screen.

Tana (+1)

HP/34, Atk/57, Spd/42, Def/20, Res/20

Weapon: Firesweep Lance+
Special: Moonbow
Assist: Reposition
A: Life and Death 3
B: Hit and Run
C: Goad Fliers
SS: Quickened Pulse

Edited by silveraura25

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

No, it wasn't. The way the reveal was handled ingame was completely anticlimactic

At least the reveal was logical, that is the silver lining. Logic is extraordinarily rare in FE plots. Still, had Ranulf told Ike but the player hadn't seen it, it'd have been the best of both worlds.

18 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Ah, yeah, alas nope. Only male wyverns of any significance in Tellius are Haar and Shiharam. Thinking about it, how awesome would Haar having been pullable and Shiharam being a GHB be?

Haar I'd like. Shiharam?

Ashnard: Eh? Who are you talking about? The name is unfamiliar… I don’t think we ever had such a general.

Shiharam is a one chapter villain, albeit of some notoriety having famously abandoned Begnion with allies due to the Senate's corruption, and also an ugly man. If he will ever come, it won't come for a long time. I like him and his daughter and loyal soldier, but depth is nothing to Heroes.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At least the reveal was logical, that is the silver lining. Logic is extraordinarily rare in FE plots. Still, had Ranulf told Ike but the player hadn't seen it, it'd have been the best of both worlds.

Ooh, yeah, that would have been a big improvement. Have Ranulf tell Ike offscreen but the player doesn't find out until Ike calls him out in their final battle.

Another big improvement would have been to make his weird double life actually make sense rather than feeling forced, but I guess you can't have everything.