Tempest Trials Mini: Stepping into the New Year!

Vaximillian

n9JrAgJ.png

The challenge of consecutive battles in Tempest Trials Mini: Stepping into the New Year will begin soon!
The event will start on the 16th of January and conclude on the 23rd of January for one week of duration.

Among the usual rewards there are New Year’s Corrin and a Wind blessing:
IMG_20180113_140748.jpg

The bonus heroes line-up has been revealed, and surprisingly, the reward is among the 40% bonus quartet!
IMG_20180113_140729.jpg

40% bonus: Takumi, Prince of Soup; Camilla, Holiday Traveller; Azura, Celebrative Spirit; and Corrin, Enjoying Tradition;
20% bonus: Ryoma, Peerless Samurai; Hinoka, Warrior Princess; Sakura, Loving Priestess; and Alfonse, Prince of Askr.

Ryoma, Hinoka, and Sakura are also featured on a summoning focus banner accompanying the tempest trials.

This will be the final map, based on the final map of Conquest, with Takumi as the boss:
TT-Map.png

Feeling excited? Show off your Corrins ASAP, folks!

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'll find it amusing if the 40% heroes are

• New Year Azura
  • New Year Takumi
  • New Year Camilla
  • Ryoma

and the 20% heroes are

• New Year Corrin
  • Azura
  • Takumi
  • Camilla

This is my prediction as well. Though in order to keep the bonus units pure 5 star locked they can sub in Shiro, Rhajat, and Hinoka for the 20%.

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Mini TTs are awesome, I welcome this. 

I hope those are indeed the 40% units rather than the new RD ones, since I have a NY Camilla, who needs to max HM.

The datamined text already confirms that it's New Year themed.

Good thing that I have already managed to summoned Ryoma, Takumi, and New Years Takumi. I can might use one of those three to boost up the points to receive New Years Corrin as a Tempest Trials reward.

Hm. I wonder if I'll feel motivated enough by the HM cap increase to seriously play this one.

Seriously though, these cap increases always happen right as I'm about to hit "milestone" numbers of capped HM units...Oh well, at least it's more easy feathers from my built-up units.

Edited by LordFrigid

I'm actually hoping 40% bonus is regular Takumi (like how B!Ike was a bonus because he was a boss)

Yeah sure it's double Takumi for 40% bonus but it would really help since I don't have any NY unit in my main file yet but I have a regular Takumi.

Glad I'll have a good opportunity to get HM on Azura and Camilla with this TT. Normal Takumi and Camilla need a lot of HM too, so hopefully they might be 20% units.

Another TT worth of orbs to stock up for the anniversary is A-OK with me. (especially as just a mini, thank god)

9 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I'm actually hoping 40% bonus is regular Takumi (like how B!Ike was a bonus because he was a boss)

I’m still reminded of that one tempest with Julia. Poor Julia.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m still reminded of that one tempest with Julia. Poor Julia.

Because Ayra happened :/

Also I have a feeling that maybe Masked Marth is a 20% bonus unit, like the last Tempest Trial-Mini. She's one of those free unit bonuses and people would have gotten her in the Christmass TT as well.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Also I have a feeling that maybe Masked Marth is a 20% bonus unit, like the last Tempest Trial-Mini. She's one of those free unit bonuses and people would have gotten her in the Christmass TT as well.

Masked Marth was the reward character for the last Tempest Trials Mini, though.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Masked Marth was the reward character for the last Tempest Trials Mini, though.

I mean I know we only had 1 TT-Mini so far but I always thought Masked Marth appearing in subsequent mini-TTs would be good as a pity bonus character. I guess it also depends on the mini-TT banner (if we get any since the NY banner is pretty much the 3 of the 40% bonus)

Actually I just forgot that Xander was a Fates-themed GHB...I wonder if he'll appear as a bonus unit? I mean, you do get to use him against Takumi in Conquest.

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I mean I know we only had 1 TT-Mini so far but I always thought Masked Marth appearing in subsequent mini-TTs would be good as a pity bonus character. I guess it also depends on the mini-TT banner (if we get any since the NY banner is pretty much the 3 of the 40% bonus)

Actually I just forgot that Xander was a Fates-themed GHB...I wonder if he'll appear as a bonus unit? I mean, you do get to use him against Takumi in Conquest.

All of the 20% bonus characters in the first TT mini were free units, making them pity bonus characters. They couldn't do that if they wanted to thanks to the Fates theme, as NY!Corrin and Xander are the only free units from Fates. 

I wonder if the mini TT would have it's own TT banner for the remaining focus units. Because if it did include Ryoma, normal Takumi, and normal Azura, then that would be great for me. I'm missing every 5 star locked Fates royal, really. Hope they appear on a Legendary banner soon.

Oooh... It's nice to see another mini finally. I'm gonna' need those orbs... If it's New Years units + their non-seasonal forms, I could run some characters who haven't gotten much use...like Camilla. XD I kinda' hope Ryoma is a 40% bonus unit since I haven't gotten to use him much. He'll like those stat boosts.