Tempest Trials Mini: Stepping into the New Year!

Vaximillian

Ah, mini TT! I like these better than the full fledged ones...they're too much work lol.  I'll happily take a New Years Corrin and add him to my collection, and I'll be glad for the reward orbs given the new summoning banner that's about to drop.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the latest VG is any indication, Ryoma will most likely be the 4th hero woth the 40% bonus. I have NY!Takumi and NY!Camilla just in case Ryoma isn’t the 4th hero. I better work on them. 

I'm happier with there being a mini-TT, although feel it's a little bit late xD

Oh well. Not complaining about minis. I hope Ryoma is a bonus unit, but if not, Kimono Takumi or normal Takumi can do the trick nicely :)

25 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Close Counter SS. Make this happen IS. You're giving away a archer that specializes in the defense stat.

Not gonna happen. Sure of it. Too powerful.

23 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Not gonna happen. Sure of it. Too powerful.

Heavy Blade says hello. But to be honest, I think they'll add Flashing Blade.

Edited by silveraura25

54 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Heavy Blade says hello. But to be honest, I think they'll add Flashing Blade.

Heavy Blade is just for accelerating the trigger of the special skill, with the condition of having more Attack. Close Counter permit 2-range units to counter at 1 range, without condition. Combined with QR for example, its really powerful. That's why units like Ryoma, BK or Takumi are - were - powerful.

Spur Atk would be a nice seal to combine with Ephraim/Eirika. Siegmund/Sieglinde + Rally Def/Res + Hone Speed C-skill + Spur Atk (since Hone Atk wouldn't stack with Siegs) for complete fun! :D

Other seals I'd like to see are defensive blows and stances (no Death Blow or Darting Blow, just Armored Blow and Warding Blow, the same with Steady Stance and Warding Stance but not Fierce Stance, I think there's no Stance for speed)

3 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Spur Atk would be a nice seal to combine with Ephraim/Eirika. Siegmund/Sieglinde + Rally Def/Res + Hone Speed C-skill + Spur Atk (since Hone Atk wouldn't stack with Siegs) for complete fun! :D

Spur Atk is already available to create in the Seal Forge, and I believe the developers have confirmed that they will not release any of those Seals as rewards in future events.

Skills I see as good candidates for new Sacred Seals are

• Svalinn Shield
  • Flier Formation
  • Guard
  • Shield Pulse (Fjorm with Shield Pulse and Quick Riposte when)
  • Obstruct
  • Threaten *

I'd add Phantom Def and Phantom Res to the list, but the skills don't exist yet in the game or the latest update.

Skills I want to see, but probably won't be added as Sacred Seals are

• Live to Serve (too powerful with Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff now available on staff users simultaneously)
  • Hone Atk
  • * Ploy (all of the other Ploy skills are too good offensively, and the developers seem to want to buff defensive play)
  • Spd Smoke (too new and also too good offensively)

18 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Other seals I'd like to see are defensive blows and stances (no Death Blow or Darting Blow, just Armored Blow and Warding Blow, the same with Steady Stance and Warding Stance but not Fierce Stance, I think there's no Stance for speed)

As much as I'd like to see Armored Blow and Warding Blow as Sacred Seals, I think they're a bit too strong since they make it that much easier for player-phase units to initiate attack (+4/4/6/0 on initiation is kind of absurd).

While the defensive Stance skills are possible, they're not too different from Close Def and Distant Def, which are already recently available, so I think if they ever add the Stance skills, they'll at least wait a bit before doing so.

54 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Heavy Blade is just for accelerating the trigger of the special skill, with the condition of having more Attack. Close Counter permit 2-range units to counter at 1 range, without condition. Combined with QR for example, its really powerful. That's why units like Ryoma, BK or Takumi are - were - powerful.

Heavy Blade SS frees up the stat boosting A-slot allowing for powerful quad and glass cannon builds with attack boosting skills. It's arguably the best SS we've gotten so far because of LaD and Death Blow synergize with it so well. CC seal can only be taken advantage of with ranged units who have a high defense. A CC seal would help out NY!Corrin and Leon because they're built to take physical damage. It won't break the game. It'll let units who are mediocre without CC become better without whaling on a Takumi.

Edited by silveraura25

Figured this would be how we got Corrin.  I'm almost assuredly set for the 40% bonus, since I have Airzura, Ryoma, and Takumi.  Would prefer not to use Airzura if at all possible (had already HM capped all my dancers but Inigo prior to this update), but may end up doing so even if Ryoma or Takumi are 40%ers anyway.

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Heavy Blade SS frees up the stat boosting A-slot allowing for powerful quad and glass cannon builds with attack boosting skills. It's arguably the best SS we've gotten so far because of LaD and Death Blow synergize with it so well. CC seal can only be taken advantage of with ranged units who have a high defense. A CC seal would help out NY!Corrin and Leon because they're built to take physical damage. It won't break the game. It'll let units who are mediocre without CC become better without whaling on a Takumi.

Triangle Adept Close Counter Litrraven.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Triangle Adept Close Counter Litrraven.

Didn't think of that, but that's why you have at least three different colors on your team. And there's always the choice of having Cancel Affinity. Actually Cancel Affinity could be a SS

Edited by silveraura25

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Didn't think of that, but that's why you have at least three different colors on your team.

Actually, I just realized Close Def 6 Close Counter Keen Litrwolf+ sounds even more terrifying.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Actually, I just realized Close Def 6 Close Counter Keen Litrwolf+ sounds even more terrifying.

Down with the horse meta

Apparently Mirror Strike 3 will be the 4* inheritable skill of Oliver, but I would've wanted Atk Ploy 3. If I ever have feathers to spare then i'd be willing to promote him for fodder. Double DD Deirdre with Atk Ploy 3 could deal with those pesky red mages 

Edited by silveraura25

More feathers more orbs. I can't complain. Corrin is ok. 
Svalinn Shield would truly be an Option, because of Micaiah. but who knows.

I also want DC and CC as Seals, but I think they are truly unlikely. Also something like Wrath would be nice or something new don't have.
At least the new Seals in the forge could be a sign that Seal reissue is not the case on this TT.

Edited by Stroud

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What a twist it would be to get Grani's Shield seal. I'm a big fan of anti-cavalry weapons though, partly cuz Grani's Shield is the rarest skill in the game and that A-slots are so coveted, but I figure people who like cavalry teams plan around the seals they've already got.

5 minutes ago, Johann said:

What a twist it would be to get Grani's Shield seal. I'm a big fan of anti-cavalry weapons though, partly cuz Grani's Shield is the rarest skill in the game and that A-slots are so coveted, but I figure people who like cavalry teams plan around the seals they've already got.

Yeah, I figure Grani's Shield is the least likely of the effective damage negation skills to get as a Sacred Seal. The developers are clearly trying to make armors and fliers more attractive to make cavalry less overbearing. I expect to get it sometime in the future, but not in the near future.

If they want to make Armor more attractive, they need to just bite the bullet/pillow and make an Armor March seal.  Trying to use Armors for anything that isn't a faceroll just feels absolutely awful with their one movement.  For fliers... I'm honestly not sure what would make me want to use them more.  More variety of characters themselves, I guess?  I'm not a huge fan of the actual fliers from most games except FE4.  This was also an issue with armor, but they've started branching out faster with that than fliers.

It's a shame Corrin won't be available while the Camilla maps are still up, but autobattling should do the trick for my SP needs.  Ryoma as a 40% bonus unit would be fun, too, since I still don't have Takumi.