Tempest Trials Mini: Stepping into the New Year!

Vaximillian

Well I don't have any of the NY units or Ryoma so I will have to hope that the 20% bonus units have regular Camilla, Hinoka or regular Sakura among them so I will have a bonus unit.  I am looking forward to this TT just for the free unit and the orbs.  At least this one comes with a new unit, I am still a little salty about MM being the Christmas TT reward.  Since it is a mini will it have new seals?  The last one had reruns on seals, so I am not expecting any new seals.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Ledrert said:

Not gonna happen. Sure of it. Too powerful.

I think the Heavy Blade Seal is way more powerful then a Close Counter seal. The CC Seal wouldnt be overpowered in my eyes imho, because not many units can make good use out of it.

50 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I think the Heavy Blade Seal is way more powerful then a Close Counter seal. The CC Seal wouldnt be overpowered in my eyes imho, because not many units can make good use out of it.

Literally very Litrblade mage can run Close Counter + Vantage.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

and? still doesnt make CC overpowered

Your exact reasoning for Close Counter not being overpowered was "because not many units can make good use out of it".

41 of the game's 203 currently available characters (that's 20%) can equip a Litrblade tome and every single one of them can get enough Atk to effectively run a Litrblade Close Counter Vantage build with an Atk-boosting passive A skill. Odin [+Atk] (Blarblade+, Brazen Atk/Def 3, Vantage 3, Close Counter) +6/4/6/4 has 71 Atk.

4 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Well I don't have any of the NY units or Ryoma so I will have to hope that the 20% bonus units have regular Camilla, Hinoka or regular Sakura among them so I will have a bonus unit.  I am looking forward to this TT just for the free unit and the orbs.  At least this one comes with a new unit, I am still a little salty about MM being the Christmas TT reward.  Since it is a mini will it have new seals?  The last one had reruns on seals, so I am not expecting any new seals.

The last mini re-ran QP, but Def+1 and DD1 were both new.  Given that they use the Forge for that now, I'd expect to see at least some new seals rather than all re-runs.

Edit:  If there are re-runs, it'll only be duplicates from the last TT, since those three are the only seals not available to make in the Forge.  They've stated that any seal available in the Forge will not be an event reward later.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

The last mini re-ran QP, but Def+1 and DD1 were both new.  Given that they use the Forge for that now, I'd expect to see at least some new seals rather than all re-runs.

Edit:  If there are re-runs, it'll only be duplicates from the last TT, since those three are the only seals not available to make in the Forge.  They've stated that any seal available in the Forge will not be an event reward later.

I´m guessing Shield Pulse, Threaten Def and Flashing Blade.

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Ok that is good, new seals are always fun to play around with.

If I had to make a guess as to the seals, it'd be whatever Squad Ace F is supposed to be and probably another of the "Shield" skills that protects the user from super-effective damage.

We JUST got a unit who has effectiveness against both Cavalry and Armors with their default weapon, they have to throw a bone to the Cavalry they've been trying to screw over for weeks now. We also just got not just one other Armor in the general summoning pool (I presume anyways), but also a month to get 4 christmas armors, so we have enough armors to maybe justify getting Svalinn Shield.

Edited by Xenomata

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

We JUST got a unit who has effectiveness against both Cavalry and Armors with their default weapon, they have to throw a bone to the Cavalry they've been trying to screw over for weeks now. We also just got not just one other Armor in the general summoning pool (I presume anyways), but also a month to get 4 christmas armors, so we have enough armors to maybe justify getting Svalinn Shield.

In their mind, Gunthraa is probably enough of a bone to cavalry.  I would totally expect Svalinn Shield, making various armors even more insane by negating Armorslayer.

I'm so happy they're bringing back another Mini Tempest Trials, the wait for one has been far too long. But I'm really hoping that this is when we get the New Year's Corrin I don't see why we wouldn't get him but hey, you never know. I'm just lucky I've managed to get the New Year's Camilla and Ryoma as well before it starts, and luckily they've already got their builds finished. I would love to see some great new seals added, like a Vantage seal. That would be amazing, but I'm not sure if they'll add it. It would definitely be interesting though. 

I'm somewhat expecting an infantry pulse seal in order to jumpstart viability of launch units who generally have way more health than modern units, as well as another angle on making infantry teams more capable since they seem to want to do that.

And as always, I'm crossing my fingers for renewal seal.

8 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm somewhat expecting an infantry pulse seal in order to jumpstart viability of launch units who generally have way more health than modern units, as well as another angle on making infantry teams more capable since they seem to want to do that.

I don't think Infantry Pulse will be a Sacred Seal anytime soon because it's a damned powerful skill that is currently only available from one character in the permanent summoning pool. Also, it stacks with itself and Quickened Pulse.

Being able to run 4 Infantry Pulse and 1 Quickened Pulse on a single team is absurd and beyond overpowered. The 2 units on your team with the lowest HP will have Dragon Fang / Ignis / Glacies charged at the beginning of turn 1.

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't think Infantry Pulse will be a Sacred Seal anytime soon because it's a damned powerful skill that is currently only available from one character in the permanent summoning pool. Also, it stacks with itself and Quickened Pulse.

Being able to run 4 Infantry Pulse and 1 Quickened Pulse on a single team is absurd and beyond overpowered. The 2 units on your team with the lowest HP will have Dragon Fang / Ignis / Glacies charged at the beginning of turn 1.

Yeah I suppose that could get out of hand. I'm sitting here looking at my infantry pulse fodder. Why couldn't one of these Xanders have been an Elise?

Maybe they'll do the _____ boost skills instead? You need 3 more HP than your opponent when battle begins. Water boost 3 is exclusively available from a F2P unit. Earth boost 3 is available from a 4 star. And Fire and Wind Boost have both been added to the permanent summoning pool not long after being introduced on seasonal units. While I wouldn't say the Boost skills are more palatable than, say, the Defiant line of skills, I think they would more surgically benefit older units rather than just any unit.

Edited by Glennstavos

This is just what I think so don't be too judgy.
40%: Camilla(NY), Takumi(NY), Azura(NY), Ryoma
20%: [Insert 3 units from Fates that are in the upcoming Tempest Trials Banner], Corrin(NY)

For the three 20% units, I think it's the 3 other royals. Since it's Hoshidan-based seasonals and the final map is Conquest's, it may be either side.

Wow, nice!

40%: All New Years units (including the reward New Years Corrin!)

20%: Ryoma, Hinoka, Sakura, Alfonse

dat lol Wind Blessing - what a waste of a reward slot since no Gunnthra.

Edited by Roflolxp54

A free 40% bonus unit and you can also use Alfonse to get the 4* Corrin quickly, that's pretty nice! 

I won't use Corrin at all because of my bias, but for those who didn't got a New Year unit this is pretty awesome! Now everyone will have an easier time grinding!

Free 40% unit is really awesome! I’m also happy with the free wind blessing because lack of Gunnthrá non width standing, I want that on Soren for the ~*Thematic Appropriatness*~ of it. 

This is also probably the one and only time my Ryoma is going to see any real use. Still mad at him for showing up instead of Sigurd back in November. 

Ah shoot, I forgot to say how I predicted the blessing would be wind. Well, it was a safe bet anyway.

Managed to nab a Hinoka, so with Corrin I'll be packing 6 out of 8 bonus units. Man, I almost wish this was full length! Also happy to hear Alfonse is a bonus unit since I'll want to start with him as a foundation on my Hero Merit List. I had 36 characters maxed before they bumped the cap to 4000. It's time to rebuild.

Hilariously enough, I already have 5/8 of the bonus characters ... and when I get Corrin, I will have 6. Still trying to get NY!Takumi, who doesn't want to get summoned. I'm so glad I pulled Azura, though.

NY Corrin? All I see is free skill fodder.

For my team, I'll probably do something similar to what I did last time, which was 3 horses (Xander, Frederick, Ursula) + healer (Lucina), but with fliers: NY Azura, Elincia, Summer Corrin, and Sakura. I'm just a little worried about the lack of real firepower in such a setup. NY Azura isn't a great combatant to begin with, and mine is -Atk, as is my Sakura. Both will get the boost, but...well, we'll see how it goes.

24 minutes ago, Florete said:

NY Corrin? All I see is free skill fodder.

For my team, I'll probably do something similar to what I did last time, which was 3 horses (Xander, Frederick, Ursula) + healer (Lucina), but with fliers: NY Azura, Elincia, Summer Corrin, and Sakura. I'm just a little worried about the lack of real firepower in such a setup. NY Azura isn't a great combatant to begin with, and mine is -Atk, as is my Sakura. Both will get the boost, but...well, we'll see how it goes.

Hope your team is prepared for the final map for each run - if the TT banner image is of any indication, Takumi is is the final boss. And IS is probably gonna slap something like Vantage 3 for his B-slot or something since that's something a lot of players did in the early days of skill inheritance.