Tempest Trials Mini: Stepping into the New Year!

Vaximillian

Oh wow. I'm surprised to see Alfonse as a bonus unit! It's been a while since an Askrian has shown up! Azura will be my bonus unit, and I'll try to get some use out of Hinoka and Sakura as well. I might run Ryoma...but I'm thinking I'll go with Alfie instead since he's actually built, and I've hardly touched Ryoma.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased to see they decided to go with NY Corrin as the fourth 40% unit.  Alfonse as a bonus is nice too!  

I'll probably be auto-battling Lunatic 5 with a team of Alfonse (or Ryoma), NY Takumi, NY Azura (possibly with sing unequipped if it turns into a problem on auto), and weaponless Sakura.  

Looking forward to watching my orb/feather stash grow. :):

Disappointed. I have no 40% bonus unit now. I fully expected Ryoma to be one. But nope. NY Corrin has to be one instead, even though nobody has him. :/ Thanks IS. Sigh... At least this is a mini so it won't be super tedious like a regular TT.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Disappointed. I have no 40% bonus unit now. I fully expected Ryoma to be one. But nope. NY Corrin has to be one instead, even though nobody has him. :/ Thanks IS. Sigh... At least this is a mini so it won't be super tedious like a regular TT.

Do you realize that anyone can do 1000 points (because everything it's half points to get) and get a 4* NY Corrin FREE? And that you can use a 20% bonus unit such as Alfonse for reaching those 1000 points which is also a free unit?

You have to build him, okay, but that's nothing you can't do in the TT maps. 

1 minute ago, Javi Blizz said:

Do you realize that anyone can do 1000 points (because everything it's half points to get) and get a 4* NY Corrin FREE? And that you can use a 20% bonus unit such as Alfonse for reaching those 1000 points which is also a free unit?

You have to build him, okay, but that's nothing you can't do in the TT maps. 

Do we have confirmation that he's the TT reward? I doubt he is at this point because the TT reward units were always 20%, not 40. Also, I don't want to use him, as I don't care for male Corrin at all. Not to mention 5 star is stronger than 4.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Do we have confirmation that he's the TT reward? I doubt he is at this point because the TT reward units were always 20%, not 40. Also, I don't want to use him, as I don't care for male Corrin at all. Not to mention 5 star is stronger than 4.

The announcement tab for information about the upcoming TT rewards show that 5* New Years Corrin will be the 15,000 reward.

Don't even need to build NY mCorrin, you can just drag him along in Team2 after HM grinder Team1 nearly clears the final map. Still a solid ~676 per Lunatic7 run that way.

Glad an Askr is finally a bonus again, easy HM farm for axebreaker Alfonse.

15 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The announcement tab for information about the upcoming TT rewards show that 5* New Years Corrin will be the 15,000 reward.

That's weird. Then I really got screwed. Due to the pattern, I fully expected Ryoma to be 40% and NY Corrin to be 20%. Thanks again, IS. >_>

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's weird. Then I really got screwed. Due to the pattern, I fully expected Ryoma to be 40% and NY Corrin to be 20%. Thanks again, IS. >_>

Well, as the person above stated:

6 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Don't even need to build NY mCorrin, you can just drag him along in Team2 after HM grinder Team1 nearly clears the final map. Still a solid ~676 per Lunatic7 run that way.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wouldn't help me for before I'd get the 5 star Corrin though.

It works with 4 star NY Corrin too, so I don't get what you're saying. And 4 star NY Corrin can be obtained from literally *one* run, the very first one with the triple points, whether or not you bring a bonus.

1 minute ago, Azuni said:

It works with 4 star NY Corrin too, so I don't get what you're saying. And 4 star NY Corrin can be obtained from literally *one* run, the very first one with the triple points, whether or not you bring a bonus.

Sigh... Never mind then. Not like I'd go that route anyway. I don't want to have to "drag" anyone along. And even if I did do that, I still feel screwed since I can't just roll with my already built and merged Ryoma.

Sigh... Never mind then. Not like I'd go that route anyway. I don't want to have to "drag" anyone along. And even if I did do that, I still feel screwed since I can't just roll with my already built and merged Ryoma.

I have done several TT with 20% bonus units and have done very well, top 10k players most of the time.  Just use your Ryoma and do lunatic 5.  I don't have a 40% for this TT either, and that is what I will do until I get 5*NY!Corrin.  I normally just do lunatic 5 anyway lunatic 7 gets stressful for me.  

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

I have done several TT with 20% bonus units and have done very well, top 10k players most of the time.  Just use your Ryoma and do lunatic 5.  I don't have a 40% for this TT either, and that is what I will do until I get 5*NY!Corrin.  I normally just do lunatic 5 anyway lunatic 7 gets stressful for me.  

The problem for me isn't really winning the battles though, it's how many of them I have to do. TT is my least favorite mode in this game because it gets SO tedious and boring after awhile. I personally complained a lot about it in the survey IS did. 40% bonus unit gives me the most points in one run, so I don't have to do as many runs. If I don't have one, I have to do more runs... >_<

The problem for me isn't really winning the battles though, it's how many of them I have to do. TT is my least favorite mode in this game because it gets SO tedious and boring after awhile. I personally complained a lot about it in the survey IS did. 40% bonus unit gives me the most points in one run, so I don't have to do as many runs. If I don't have one, I have to do more runs... >_<

If it's so tedious, then just use the free NY!Corrin? I didn't have any 40% units for the Christmas one since I don't like armors so didn't pull from the banner, but I just used Lucina at 20% and was fine. But they'll literally GIVING you a 40% so your complaining is literally moot. You don't have to do more runs, because they're giving you the 40%, to make it easier.

Anyways, I'm super happy I have NY!Takumi and NY!Azura on this one. And then with Alfonse and NY!Corrin I'll have fun having all bonus units to sweep this trial. And also I desperately need some SP for NY!Takumi/Azura soooo perfect! =D

I will be using Hinoka and Sakura until I get NY!Corrin since they are the only two bonus units I have.  At least I can get HM on those two and I am glad they decided to give everyone a 40% unit for TT since for me TT is the perfect place to train units.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe you could try auto-battle. Ryoma with the bonus stats should be a monster, you could pair him with your Freddy (don’t know if he had max HM, but know it’s 4000 the max, so you’re free), NY!Corrin supporting them with the double Drive from his weapon and a waponless healer

And sorry, I may have sounded bad in my last comment

9 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

If it's so tedious, then just use the free NY!Corrin? I didn't have any 40% units for the Christmas one since I don't like armors so didn't pull from the banner, but I just used Lucina at 20% and was fine. But they'll literally GIVING you a 40% so your complaining is literally moot. You don't have to do more runs, because they're giving you the 40%, to make it easier.

I'm still being forced to use a unit I don't want to use. Which is the one thing I don't like about this game. It's great otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Maybe you could try auto-battle. Ryoma with the bonus stats should be a monster, you could pair him with your Freddy (don’t know if he had max HM, but know it’s 4000 the max, so you’re free), NY!Corrin supporting them with the double Drive from his weapon and a waponless healer

And sorry, I may have sounded bad in my last comment

I've done autobattle a few times before, and I might have to this time, yeah. Also, you're fine, don't worry.

I think I'll use my Airzura for my main runs.  That will let me run my combo of Reinhardt/Falchion medic pretty well.  If I have time, I'll use Sakura to grind up some of my lower units.

Tbh, I don’t want to use Flier Emblem with Takumi being the final boss, so I’ll use Airzura until 15000 points and then change for NY!Corrin as my 40% bonus. For the rest of the team I think I’ll use units that had reached HM so I haven’t used them in a while until the reach max HM again

14 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Tbh, I don’t want to use Flier Emblem with Takumi being the final boss, so I’ll use Airzura until 15000 points and then change for NY!Corrin as my 40% bonus. For the rest of the team I think I’ll use units that had reached HM so I haven’t used them in a while until the reach max HM again

Thanks for reminding me I should put that Iote's Shield Seal on Airzura.

5 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

I haven't seen the last map yet,  so Ill presume that it has not been datamined. Since with Takumi new refined bow and perks, wouldn't the final map be very woody? 

The map has been datamined. https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/sites/fireemblem/files/2018-01/TT-Map.png