Tempest Trials Mini: Stepping into the New Year!

Vaximillian

44 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Twilight of the Gods was better.

Personally, I much prefer listening to Renka’s / Rena Strober’s vocals over the cliched Latin chanting / whatever it is TotG has but to each their own. Besides, TotG isn’t even the second best TT final map theme since The Final Holy War exists.

Edited by Tybrosion

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Personally, I much prefer listening to Lynn’s / Rena Strober’s vocals over the cliched Latin chanting / whatever it is TotG has but to each their own. Besides, TotG isn’t even the second best TT final map theme since The Final Holy War exists.

I heard the same two lines of Azura's singing for hours on end while training her in Warriors (the lines that start End of All are the same ones she uses in her Strong 6). I can use a rest. (Didn't finish Azura, working on Oboro instead.)

I can't for the life of me remember how The Final Holy War sounds.

I found my second team: 

Alfonse (Brash, Desperation), Sakura (now with refined staff), Cherche (Brave+, Galeforce, QP), Tana (triple close defense). 

I will switch between teams (first one is Airzura, S!Camilla, NY!Camilla, Hinoka), but I don't think I can cap HM for all of them in one week. 

38 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I heard the same two lines of Azura's singing for hours on end while training her in Warriors (the lines that start End of All are the same ones she uses in her Strong 6). I can use a rest. (Didn't finish Azura, working on Oboro instead.)

Fair enough though it still isn’t old to me and I’ve also been using Azura a lot in Warriors (she’s at Lv. 101 IIRC). Too bad all that attention I’ve given her there hasn’t been enough to coax her New Year version to show up here in FEH...

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

-Wake up at 7:30 this morning

-Play Heroes while drinking morning coffee

-Beat the 7 map Lunatic twice, deathless runs with 40% bonus units New York Camilla and Azura

-Beat the 5-map Lunatic four times bc I don't want to start my online class yet

-Checks score: 6500

Looks like a lot of people don't have much to do today.

Or they're like me and they set it to auto-battle Lunatic 5 while they watched Netflix. ;]

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Also @DefaultBeep I finally completely built my Hinoka! (well bar the final LB3) It's glorious seeing her +Atk nature decimate her brother without even giving him a chance to counterattack.

tumblr_p2nahrtL1j1qcrdmuo1_500.png

Thank you for tagging me in this thread, I had forgotten to go in here earlier.

Awesome! I did a similar thing for my own Hinoka to prepare; finally gave her the Death Blow 3 she was missing, although I also don't have LB3 fodder right now. She's an absolute monster in this Tempest with +Atk indeed, she's been so much fun to use... especially for killing her brother like you said, hehe:

KCpJn1i.png

Shame she wasn't next to PA Azura, or she could've killed him without the Special, but still fun all the same~

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Like this. Or like this. I’m mostly looking forward to the inevitable Genealogy remake because of the soundtrack.

Do you think in the remake we will be able to give Ayra headpats in Private Room and go to the sauna with her afterwards?

49 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I found my second team: 

Alfonse (Brash, Desperation), Sakura (now with refined staff), Cherche (Brave+, Galeforce, QP), Tana (triple close defense). 

I will switch between teams (first one is Airzura, S!Camilla, NY!Camilla, Hinoka), but I don't think I can cap HM for all of them in one week. 

You could also put Heavy Blade 3 Sacred Seal on Cherche.  Mine has Death Blow and Ignis skills w/HB3, and she hits like a freight train.

Also realized that Eldy is rapidly approaching God Tier.  Hypothetical movethet:

Weapon: Mystletainn w/ Fury forge

Support: Reposition

Special: Ignis

A: Distant Counter

B: Vantage

C: Horse buff

Sacred Seal: QR3

With Horse Emblem buffs and QR3, he gets close to 50 defense and can proc Ignis in first round of combat if he gets doubled.

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

For whatever reason, this Tempest seems much easier than the others. I'm regularly able to beat Hard 5 on Auto with one team, even when one of the members on that team is a 4* level 20 NY!Corrin. I want to go for all the rewards since I got distracted and spent most of my orbs trying to get Micaiah and/or Zelgius, but I don't know if I have the time and willpower to score ~8333 points a day.

10 hours ago, Hilda said:

RIP Hector?! He just got insanely buff with Bold Fighter 3 and Heavy Blade Seal 3 what are you talking lol

I am more concerned about a Winter Tharja running LitrBlade Bold Fighter 3 and Quickriposte Seal...

Hector himself is fine thanks to his awesome stats and Bold/Vengeful Fighter like you mentioned. Armads the weapon is the one that suffered from the seal, the QR/Vantage combo is no longer unique so Armads lost it's niche.

This may have been asked in other parts of other threads, BUT, I haven't found it. My question is - Do you think/know if the AI learns from you and your specific style? I am running a very similar team to my last TT (that trial was Julia & Fjorm [w/ S level support), B!Roy and Nowi for bonus; this time Julia & Fjorm, Ryoma and NYTakumeme) and I swear they gave me PERFECT maps back-to-back to nearly take me out. Everything from positioning mages and specific weapons where I had to take hits, to moving irregular as a team, and positioning me where Julia could only "heal" one team member at a time. Anyone else experienced something like that?

1 hour ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Or they're like me and they set it to auto-battle Lunatic 5 while they watched Netflix. ;]

Yeah, auto-battling Lunatic 5 is great...up until the dumb-as-a-brick AI controlling my team gets stuck in a Reposition loop on Summer!Leo's and Summer!Xander's boat map (where the enemies will NEVER move if you never get within their range). It took me until about Turn 15 to notice, so no guesses needed as to what rank my speed was for that run...

18 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

This may have been asked in other parts of other threads, BUT, I haven't found it. My question is - Do you think/know if the AI learns from you and your specific style? I am running a very similar team to my last TT (that trial was Julia & Fjorm [w/ S level support), B!Roy and Nowi for bonus; this time Julia & Fjorm, Ryoma and NYTakumeme) and I swear they gave me PERFECT maps back-to-back to nearly take me out. Everything from positioning mages and specific weapons where I had to take hits, to moving irregular as a team, and positioning me where Julia could only "heal" one team member at a time. Anyone else experienced something like that?

Or your replacements are bad... Nowi > NY!Takumi and Brave Roy is superior with his higher movement and built-in heavy blade. Ryoma has DC, but his most optimal builds turn him into a glass cannon *(becomes much weaker to magic and physical attacks). Essentially reducing his survivability.

I honestly don't know though. I prefer to change my playstyle for each TT. For now I'm both offensive (Nephenee with 51 atk and 41 spd, Ayra, razzle dazzle genny) and defensive (CD Nephenee with a total of 43 defense and Genny with DD making her res 40). Last TT I was defensive both in defense and resistance. For the Joshua TT I was going all out with an offensive playstyle (Mia, Lute, Nino, dark Azura). And also, don't forget to bring a dancer.

Edited by silveraura25

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Or your replacements are bad... Nowi > NY!Takumi and Brave Roy is superior with his higher movement and built-in heavy blade. Ryoma has DC, but his most optimal builds turn him into a glass cannon. Essentially reducing his survivability.

I try to use the TTs to level up my characters. Ryoma may get bumped because I just maxed him out. One thing I am enjoying with him is giving him Seal Res 3. It is fun watching him set up Julia for huge kills (on the rare time he doesn't finish them off). I usually always finish with one team. I just was stumped how two maps in a row were perfectly exploiting my weaknesses.

The QR seal is cool, I haven't had any QR SI units in a long time so it comes with good timing.

I got the 4* Corrin but I prefer using Ryoma for my bonus unit since he makes the runs much easier with his 1/2 range. I'm using Ryoma, Serra, Ninian, and Fae.

Edited by Zelgius

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

You could also put Heavy Blade 3 Sacred Seal on Cherche.  Mine has Death Blow and Ignis skills w/HB3, and she hits like a freight train.

Cherche would need to attack two units regardless to proc Galeforce with HB3, but QP lowers the counter at the start of each map even if she doesn't fight. On map 3 she can proc Galeforce with the first attack. 

I would have given her HB3 a long time ago, if I ever pulled an Ike. HB3 + QP would let her activate Galeforce on every turn. 

Ignis is wasted on her, since with 4*+10 +ATK, Brave+ and DB3 she kills most things immediately, except most swords and red dragons. 

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, auto-battling Lunatic 5 is great...up until the dumb-as-a-brick AI controlling my team gets stuck in a Reposition loop on Summer!Leo's and Summer!Xander's boat map (where the enemies will NEVER move if you never get within their range). It took me until about Turn 15 to notice, so no guesses needed as to what rank my speed was for that run...

Haha, that happened to me in the armor TTs, the only TTs where I auto-battled. I recognized the loop on Turn 37, speed score F. ^^

Well I managed to get 5*NY!Corrin and I slapped bowbreaker and moonbow on him and he is doing very well for me in TT and should help me get the QR seal today.  I am really liking NY!Corrin and I may start using him on my regular infantry team.  Now if these TT orbs would give me Zelgius I would be happy.

Edited by EricaofRenais

27 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I try to use the TTs to level up my characters. Ryoma may get bumped because I just maxed him out. One thing I am enjoying with him is giving him Seal Res 3. It is fun watching him set up Julia for huge kills (on the rare time he doesn't finish them off). I usually always finish with one team. I just was stumped how two maps in a row were perfectly exploiting my weaknesses.

Julia is better off running a breaker (green tome perhaps and threaten res, QR if you have it will do just fine) skill if she can't kill a specific type of enemy in one battle and has to rely on seal res Ryoma. Give Ryoma desperation 3 and if you don't have that you could promote Navarre. If you don't have desperation fodder at all then run a breaker skill such as swordbreaker. Vantage DC is a nice combo as well though Ryoma won't take much hits due to his frailty.

Edited by silveraura25

39 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

This happened to me when I was at work.  I set the game to auto-battle and the units got caught in the dreaded Reposition loop.  I didn't check my phone for a while, and when I pulled it up, I was on turn 582.

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Cherche would need to attack two units regardless to proc Galeforce with HB3, but QP lowers the counter at the start of each map even if she doesn't fight. On map 3 she can proc Galeforce with the first attack. 

I would have given her HB3 a long time ago, if I ever pulled an Ike. HB3 + QP would let her activate Galeforce on every turn. 

Ignis is wasted on her, since with 4*+10 +ATK, Brave+ and DB3 she kills most things immediately, except most swords and red dragons. 

Haha, that happened to me in the armor TTs, the only TTs where I auto-battled. I recognized the loop on Turn 37, speed score F. ^^

Ignis has been pretty good for me.  Cherche can one-shot most red units if she procs Ignis.  Seeing her one-shot Ayra, Elincia, and Mia never gets old.

50 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Aww, yeah...  The AI can be so dumb.  :-_-:  I take all positioning skills (and reciprocal aid) off them and remove the healer's weapon.  I also unequipped Azura's dance.  Seems to get me A/A or A/B most of the time on Lunatic 5.  My team is Alfonse, NY Azura, NY Takumi, and Sakura.  

14 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Aww, yeah...  The AI can be so dumb.  :-_-:  I take all positioning skills (and reciprocal aid) off them and remove the healer's weapon.  I also unequipped Azura's dance.  Seems to get me A/A or A/B most of the time on Lunatic 5.  My team is Alfonse, NY Azura, NY Takumi, and Sakura.  

My team of Ryoma, HNY!Camilla, Hinoka and Sakura all had Reposition equipped (sans Sakura of course) but I went and removed it from all three as well as Pain on Sakura so I'll see how that goes.

At any rate, auto-battling just got me my QR seal, which I immediately upgrade to level 3 along with the Def Ploy seal. Now I just have to ride auto-battle to 50,000 for all the orbs that more than likely won't give me HNY!Azura anyways.

28 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Ignis has been pretty good for me.  Cherche can one-shot most red units if she procs Ignis.  Seeing her one-shot Ayra, Elincia, and Mia never gets old.

Hehe, sounds satisfying. 

Elincia (vanilla +10) and Mia (vanilla +4) die to my Cherche (took a Goad Fliers from Cordelia) even without a damage special. She got Galeforce mostly for arena scoring, but in TTs Galeforce is always fun.