Tempest Trials Mini: Stepping into the New Year!

Vaximillian

Interesting, so 2 QR effects with Wary fighter do work. But only Hector can enjoy this...
Imagine Wary fighter seal... Which could mean that Hector with Vengeful Fighter (if it also works)  could do more. Also Armards has still potential to get an upgrade. 

Edited by Stroud

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Interesting, so 2 QR effects with Wary fighter do work. But only Hector can enjoy this...

Something weird is going on with the skill interactions because this is definitely not the case if Hector has Armads + Quick Riposte (B slot) and the opponent has Wary Fighter as demonstrated here:

Once I get the Quick Riposte seal, I'm testing Hector in this situation again to see if the B slot behaves differently from the S slot.

Fucking hell this game is a mess.

Great, now I have to wait for Navarre's Grand Hero Battle to come around again to re-test Assassin's Bow + Daggerbreaker against Bowbreaker.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Got New Years Corrin. Can't say I'm super excited about him TBH since stats-wise, he's basically a limited edition F2P version of Leon. At least he's the first ever colorless and bow TT reward unit.

Now, onward to the QR seal.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Well, I just finished auto-battling up to 50,000 with my score of 50,013 being good for rank 346. As for whether those orbs got me HNY!Azura, your first guess is probably the correct one. If nothing else, this did get Sakura and Ryoma back up to max HMs and my feather count up to 14,750 when I had just spent 20k yesterday for Cordelia's Firesweep Lance+ (with Rally Def/Res on the side).

As expected, this TT has been no problem whatsoever. I see plenty of posts with brave Hinoka obliterating Takumi, so I figure I'll toss in my own version. Long story short, he's not even safe from non-brave weapons with Hinoka =D

yk19cUu.jpg

7vw67ev.jpg

Admittedly it's only due to Sakura's support and Ryoma's Drive Speed that she's able to double him, but it's still super satisfying. Almost as satisfying as seeing all this Hinoka love coming out of the woodwork, considering her relative unpopularity compared to the rest of both families.

Edited by Tarilaan

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

Imagine Wary fighter seal... Which could mean that Hector with Vengeful Fighter (if it also works)  could do more. Also Armards has still potential to get an upgrade. 

Damn! And here I was saying that Armads got nerfed to hell....Sadly my Hector absolutely needs Deflect Magic to take care of Reinhardt so I won't be able to abuse this beautiful monstrosity of a set in arena Proceeds to kill an Effie and give Hector WF3 anyways

That's hilarious. I like having the Panic Ploy seal on him, so I'm not sure I'll stick with it, but this looks like enough fun to be worth trying out.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Something weird is going on with the skill interactions because this is definitely not the case if Hector has Armads + Quick Riposte (B slot) and the opponent has Wary Fighter as demonstrated here:

[snip]

Once I get the Quick Riposte seal, I'm testing Hector in this situation again to see if the B slot behaves differently from the S slot.

Fucking hell this game is a mess.

I might be able to check it out later tonight, depending on my motivation to grind TT battles.

Edit: Preliminary testing on the same case (Hector, too slow to double normally, with Armads & QR 1, vs the Lunatic 9-2 Lance Armor) now has Hector performing a double attack, because...reasons?

Spoiler

A couple changes from the last test:

• It's a different Hector. The one I used for the original test has long since been merged or foddered.
  • I sent him in alone.

I don't think either of those should affect the outcome of the test, though.

Edited by LordFrigid

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

wtf, this is either a bug or intentional. So in other words Hector just got more bulky!?!?! Well he still massacrates himself when he is baited that way.

10 minutes ago, Hilda said:

wtf, this is either a bug or intentional. So in other words Hector just got more bulky!?!?! Well he still massacrates himself when he is baited that way.

At the cost of his weapon, B, and S slots, Hector can have Omnibreaker 1.5 on enemy phase and Wary Fighter 3 on player phase. Not terribly impressive.

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At the cost of his weapon, B, and S slots, Hector can have Omnibreaker 1.5 on enemy phase and Wary Fighter 3 on player phase. Not terribly impressive.

in other words Bold Fighter + QR + Heavy Seal (or Distant def if one still needs to fight Reinhardts) is still the best combo for him in +10 alice wonder-whale-land

You think the Hector thing is a bug? Would they fix it in a later update and give us compensation orbs or it's too late to take it back?

i mean i'll probably wait until sacrificing an Effie but on the other hand at least Hector has an alternate niche

@Tarilaan oh nice that's an intersting Hinoka! Yay for Hinoka love

30 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

You think the Hector thing is a bug?

Well, there are two possible explanations:

1. Wary Fighter on yourself is treated differently from Wary Fighter on your opponent.
  2. Quick Riposte in the B slot is treated differently from Quick Riposte in the S slot.

Either one sounds like a bug to me.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, there are two possible explanations:

1. Wary Fighter on yourself is treated differently from Wary Fighter on your opponent.
  2. Quick Riposte in the B slot is treated differently from Quick Riposte in the S slot.

Either one sounds like a bug to me.

Retesting on the original test case yields a different result now, I forgot to tag you on my edit.

So...either they changed the mechanics or I messed something up in one of the two tests. I don’t see anything glaring in either clip though.

4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Retesting on the original test case yields a different result now, I forgot to tag you on my edit.

So...either they changed the mechanics or I messed something up in one of the two tests. I don’t see anything glaring in either clip though.

Well, shit. Now I have to wait for another Navarre Grand Hero Battle to test Assassin's Bow + Daggerbreaker against Bowbreaker.

15 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Wow, go Hector!

Now what happens if both Hector and the enemy have Wary Fighter?
Hector - Armads, WF, QR 3(SS)
Enemy - WF

My guess is that both QR are canceled and it refers to the +5 Spd rule. Would be fun to test though :)

19 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

My guess is Wary Fighter used to reduce opponent's DA value by 2 or more instead of just 1.

As for Assassin's + Daggerbreaker vs. Bowbreaker, I'll bet orbs that the archer will always double and the thief never will (assuming both meet HP requirements). If you want, I can probably rig something up in AA that you can target specifically if you're really that curious.

2 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

Wow, go Hector!

Now what happens if both Hector and the enemy have Wary Fighter?
Hector - Armads, WF, QR 3(SS)
Enemy - WF

My guess is that both QR are canceled and it refers to the +5 Spd rule. Would be fun to test though :)

Armads and QR3 give +2 for Hector, Wary Fighter on both gives -2 to both. Hector can double if he wins the Spd game, opponent can't double.

Edited by a bear

20 minutes ago, a bear said:

My guess is Wary Fighter used to reduce opponent's DA value by 2 or more instead of just 1.

Not possible because Quick Riposte and natural follow-up has resulted in a follow-up against an opponent attacking with Wary Fighter since the beginning of time itself.

It's most likely that Armads and Quick Riposte originally counted only once if both were active.

23 minutes ago, a bear said:

As for Assassin's + Daggerbreaker vs. Bowbreaker, I'll bet orbs that the archer will always double and the thief never will (assuming both meet HP requirements). If you want, I can probably rig something up in AA that you can target specifically if you're really that curious.

That's my assumption, too. If Assassin's Bow and Daggerbreaker count separately from each other now, one will be expended to disable Bowbreaker and the other will remain active.

I believe the best conclusive test to have a slow bow user attacking a fast dagger user with all three skills in effect.

11 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Hearing Conquest was still quite magical last TT, and I still love Twilight of the Gods from Together to the End, but then again I was never in denial.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Twilight of the Gods was better.

*GASPS*

HERESY!

But in all seriousness IntSyst really got to get rid of the "Enemy Phase Music". Really takes you out of the moment.

Ended at 12k without using stamina pots. I have like 95 pots which would've allowed me to get to 50k today but meh, I'm not in a rush for the QR seal because I lack both badges and coins and I won't get enough until 2 weeks from now.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m thinking about doing the same with Faye. Then again, I’ll have to level him up to 40 first for the convo.

Not for me. Every male Corrin that has ever appeared in front of me has been sacked immediately. I refuse to waste a single resource on one.