Tempest Trials Mini: Stepping into the New Year!

Vaximillian

6 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oooh, I misunderstood then. Yeah, the final score needed will no doubt get to at least around there, I imagine. I have enough stamina potions to make a decent attempt at getting into the top 1,000, which is my current goal, but I'll see how well my schedule turns out for the next few days.

Good luck then! Top 1k is another level of grind. Never tried for that. 

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broke 50k! Now that there's no more orbs to earn I'll use the remaining days to grind HM for my units. It helps that Micaiah still needs SP because her offensive set doesn't appreciate QR nor Guard, I'll consider Sword or Lancebreaker.

16 minutes ago, Zeo said:

And then you get a +ATK|+SPD/-DEF one.

Y'know, I was half expecting to get that if I didn't get nothing at all. I'd still probably fodder her off, in all honesty; I just do not care about using her, while Deirdre must be made as perfect as possible. Besides, I'm not always known for making smart decisions over biased ones... I recently foddered away my only Ike, who was +Atk/-Res, to Clarisse for Aether, so that should give you an idea of my priorities...

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks! I've done it once before, I think maybe on the CYL Tempest? Which took around 225,000+ points and far too many stamina potions to stay there, if I remember right. My score of 70,933 gets me rank 685, so I think I'll be able to do it again so far!

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Thanks! I've done it once before, I think maybe on the CYL Tempest? Which took around 225,000+ points and far too many stamina potions to stay there, if I remember right.

This is crazy. Crazy, I say! I’ve only done 5k once, and that was on the PoR tempest. Feathers are good, but my sanity takes priority.
Speaking of which, my Sakura-Olwen-Lilina-Nino team does pretty well, with the three mage girls at or close to 3.5k HM. Almost 37k points overall, waiting for the daily reset to resume.

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Y'know, I was half expecting to get that if I didn't get nothing at all. I'd still probably fodder her off, in all honesty; I just do not care about using her, while Deirdre must be made as perfect as possible. Besides, I'm not always known for making smart decisions over biased ones... I recently foddered away my only Ike, who was +Atk/-Res, to Clarisse for Aether, so that should give you an idea of my priorities...

I'd be hard pressed to do something like that. Especially since she's a green unit and a good one and those... you can never have enough of those. I commend you in a way. B-But foddering Ike off for Aether of all things.... you could just promote a Chrom... I have a +1 Ike and I STILL one extra sitting in my barracks because I can't decide if I want to merge him but I can't bring myself to fodder him off, especially now that Heavy Blade seal is a thing,.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

I have a +1 Ike and I STILL one extra sitting in my barracks because I can't decide if I want to merge him but I can't bring myself to fodder him off, especially now that Heavy Blade seal is a thing,.

I have double the problem, two junk Ikes that I can't bring myself to kill.

32 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'd be hard pressed to do something like that. Especially since she's a green unit and a good one and those... you can never have enough of those. I commend you in a way. B-But foddering Ike off for Aether of all things.... you could just promote a Chrom... I have a +1 Ike and I STILL one extra sitting in my barracks because I can't decide if I want to merge him but I can't bring myself to fodder him off, especially now that Heavy Blade seal is a thing,.

Heh, well, I already have three solid 5-star green mages in Julia, Deirdre, and Sonya, and I have a Merric, Boey, Nino, and Soren all with good boons/banes and waiting to eventually be promoted and built. More options for Hero Merit would be neat I suppose, but for such a rare skill like DD3, it's hard for me to convince myself to keep her around.

You'd be surprised at how rare Chroms can be sometimes; I thought about doing that instead as well, but I had none at the time. I finally got another one during my final hunt for Rhajat though, and he will definitely be saved to eventually give to Young Tiki or Fae.

Making good progress with a team of Airzura, Ryoma, Ephraim and Priscilla. Tempest boosted Ryoma makes me feel like I'm playing lolBirthright again, even though he's -Atk

Having to train up Corrin and Azura in the TT due to the warriors maps not being here anymore slowed my progress a little though.

36 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Heh, well, I already have three solid 5-star green mages in Julia, Deirdre, and Sonya, and I have a Merric, Boey, Nino, and Soren all with good boons/banes and waiting to eventually be promoted and built. More options for Hero Merit would be neat I suppose, but for such a rare skill like DD3, it's hard for me to convince myself to keep her around.

You'd be surprised at how rare Chroms can be sometimes; I thought about doing that instead as well, but I had none at the time. I finally got another one during my final hunt for Rhajat though, and he will definitely be saved to eventually give to Young Tiki or Fae.

Better boat than me. I have Nino, Soren, Inigo, Cecillia, Female Robin and ToD!Henry. Henry isn't built, Soren has HP+5 (lol) with HP+3 seal and Lancebreaker with Vanilla Growing Wind, Inigo is a dancer and Cecillia is Raven+ with TA/Bowbreaker. Female Robin sucks also so Nino ends up doing most of the heavy lifting. I've never pulled a premium mage (Soren doesn't count. I got him on his banner but he's more middle of the road between fantastic and awful.

Yeah I pulled Chrom in my very first pool when I started playing April last year and I didn't pull him again until the end of the year so it's hard to wait sometimes when you don't know when that unit you need will come. I'm about to hit 50k feathers that I'm saving for Matthew merges but I can't pull him because SETSUNA keeps appearing in every colorless orb I pull. Yet I'm disciplined so I'm not spending any.

One unit became surprisingly annoying to deal with: Henry

While team 1 sweeps him like nothing (they sweep everything), Henry has got WTA over Sakura, Corrin and Cherche of team 2 (Alfonse is the forth member). I keep to underestimate him, since his attack is really laughable. But my units need so many hits to kill him, his Ignis almost always charges up. 

25 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

While team 1 sweeps him like nothing (they sweep everything), Henry has got WTA over Sakura, Corrin and Cherche of team 2 (Alfonse is the forth member). I keep to underestimate him, since his attack is really laughable. But my units need so many hits to kill him, his Ignis almost always charges up. 

Henry, the true best unit of the game. Not Reinhardt

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Henry ties with Winter Tharja for the highest physical bulk of any ranged unit in the game... without even having boosted stats or armored bases (that just means all of his other stats are terrible).

@Ice Dragon @silveraura25 usually I have all colors covered. These are perhaps the first TTs where I'm going without blue (except for Hinoka in team 1, which does the bonus runs). On first sight Henry is someone who can be baited or who isn't the biggest threat. I have to care about more offensive units like Ayra or Celica first. Usually Henry is the last enemy remaining and if he was engaged already, Ignis is charged to surprise someone of my team. 

I'm not saying that he is giving me big trouble or that he would ruin my runs, but it's surprising that he is one of the more annoying units to deal with for my second team. 

Perhaps I should bring him more often in my defense team. 

/Edit: At least Corrin can kill some Raven mages:

Spoiler

Rs9vPJG.png

Edited by mampfoid

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Gee, thanks, tempest:
Screenshot_20180120-143406.png

Nino misses the one-shot on Kagero by exactly 1 HP. Damn.
And this is map 1.

Sakura tanks one hit and doesn't get doubled as long as she isn't -SPD. Did you give her live to serve or Renewal? 

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Sakura tanks one hit and doesn't get doubled as long as she isn't -SPD. Did you give her live to serve or Renewal? 

Sakura doesn’t get doubled, but she tanks absolutely no hits from Kagero.
40 Atk × 1.5 = 60. 60 − 19 Def of my Sakura = 41 damage. Sakura has 34 HP.
Nothing can restore your HP from the negative. My Sakura is four-star and not built at all. She doesn’t even have Rehabilitate, just Mend!

Anyway, I had Sharena tank a hit but then did stupid. Instead of having Lilina finish off Kagero after she got crippled by Sharena (Sharena would have survived a shot from Katarina just fine), I had Sharena drawn back by Lilina and finished off Kagero with Nino, opening her up to a double-team from Cordelia and Katarina. Sharena defeated both, and Lilina fried Titania, but the next map had an Olwen, and I surrendered and brought in the horses.

Edited by Vaximillian

Alright 50k done!

Now just training Corrin and some of my new units like upgraded Fae, Oliver and Gray.

Just kept NY Corrin Vanilla but damn he makes for a great support unit with his Spurs and Spur effect from Hama Ya. Rally Def/Res and then Spur Def SS makes him a good support, while also being bullky thanks to stat bonus!

Also 1st bonus run ended in failure because of a stupid Poison Strike Jagen :/

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Sakura doesn’t get doubled, but she tanks absolutely no hits from Kagero.
40 Atk × 1.5 = 60. 60 − 19 Def of my Sakura = 41 damage. Sakura has 34 HP.
Nothing can restore your HP from the negative. My Sakura is four-star and not built at all. She doesn’t even have Rehabilitate, just Mend!

Anyway, I had Sharena tank a hit but then did stupid. Instead of having Lilina finish off Kagero after she got crippled by Sharena (Sharena would have survived a shot from Katarina just fine), I had Sharena drawn back by Lilina and finished off Kagero with Nino, opening her up to a double-team from Cordelia and Katarina. Sharena defeated both, and Lilina fried Titania, but the next map had an Olwen, and I surrendered and brought in the horses.

Forgot Sakura is also available as 4* unit, since she is one of my nicer pity breakers. 

I'm at 60k with all lunatic/7 manually, didn't use pots (only to do the other content or to level up Oliver). Cherche maxed HM first and got replaced by Frederick. He is a little weaker and has no Galeforce, but his WoM synergizes well with brash/desperation Alfonse. 

I'm at almost 60k and trying to actually HM grind some lesser used units this time. Also NY Corrin, since I doubt he'll ever see much use past this tempest. Still gonna aim for the 5k threshold and not sure when I'll break down and auto spam again.

I just realized that due to the existence of the Warriors maps (meaning no Training Tower use) and my recent Tiki and Soleil promoting spree (promoted 11 copies of Tiki and 10 copies of Soleil, so 420 great badges), I'm all out of red badges for my Quick Riposte Sacred Seal. RIP me.