Tempest Trials Mini: Stepping into the New Year!

Vaximillian

Holy shit, I have been grinding like crazy and I finally broke the top 1000.

137,761 is rank #999 

People are going nuts for the top 1000 in this TT. At the current rate it is going to take quite a bit more than 20k per day to stay in the top 1000. For normal TTs, 20k per day is way more than enough.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>TIL you can't turn off your phone in the middle of a map/series of maps as it doesn't actually save that progress online at all.

THAT'S WHY I LOST 2 BONUS RUNS AT TT THIS TIME ROUND FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

100,824 is worth place 3,171 currently. Time to stop (and sleep). 

No longer true unfortunately. I have 101,577 and I'm at 3,305.

These people are ridiculous. It'll probably take another stamina potion or two, and still probably another one an hour before the end in order to secure a spot. I hope you keep your place in the top 5k when you wake up. This is exhausting and I doubt I'm going to do it again.

The rank 10000 mark is pretty much at 80000 points now, it feels like a big sprint to the line for this mini. For comparison, 10000 was 131000ish points for the full TT just gone. Think about that - if you consider the final reward threshold as "par", then this TT we have to go probably 33000 over par to get the 6000 feathers, whereas last time you only needed 31000 over par and had double the time to do so.

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The rank 10000 mark is pretty much at 80000 points now, it feels like a big sprint to the line for this mini. For comparison, 10000 was 131000ish points for the full TT just gone. Think about that - if you consider the final reward threshold as "par", then this TT we have to go probably 33000 over par to get the 6000 feathers, whereas last time you only needed 31000 over par and had double the time to do so.

Yeah, people have been really competitive this mini-TT. I'm at ~74k points, and am at the 12k ranked mark. Looks like there's a huge gap to get to the next bracket.

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Score of 131,460, and a rank of 1,524.

...This seems excessive for a Mini Tempest...

Yep it's ridiculous, but the 10k feathers are worth it. I'm at a good 110k and just below 4,000. I think I'll just leave it at that or I'll lose half my Stamina Potions doing Auto-Plays.

10 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Yep it's ridiculous, but the 10k feathers are worth it. I'm at a good 110k and just below 4,000. I think I'll just leave it at that or I'll lose half my Stamina Potions doing Auto-Plays.

Yeah, I really want to get those 10,000 feathers now that I've come this far. But I've only managed to reach rank 1,489 now with 134,087, so I think I'm gonna be spending a lot more potions before I make it...

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, I really want to get those 10,000 feathers now that I've come this far. But I've only managed to reach rank 1,489 now with 134,087, so I think I'm gonna be spending a lot more potions before I make it...

Ouch lol. Well then good luck, hope you make it to the promise land. I myself have to keep doing a little bit more to stay in the Tier 2 range.

22 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

You have another ~22k+ points to go, just to break into the top 1k. At this point I doubt it's worth it unless you can go in with 3 non-max hm units + a 40%.
I'm guessing the threshold has become so insanely high because:
1. mini TTs are always more competitive and
2. everyone has a 40% bonus unit, so there's probably more people who think they can get into top 1k.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

74,452 points is rank 12,234. At this rate, the 10k cutoff is something like 80k already. Should I push?

I'm at rank 8,731 with 83,851 (and I'm going to go up to 90k right now because the last hour rush is going to be madness).

6 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I'm at rank 8,731 with 83,851 (and I'm going to go up to 90k right now because the last hour rush is going to be madness).

Then… I’m not doing it. Whatever, it’s only 2,000 feathers. Lyon’s Infernal GHB tomorrow will bring 2,000 for free.

18 minutes ago, Azuni said:

You have another ~22k+ points to go, just to break into the top 1k. At this point I doubt it's worth it unless you can go in with 3 non-max hm units + a 40%.
I'm guessing the threshold has become so insanely high because:
1. mini TTs are always more competitive and
2. everyone has a 40% bonus unit, so there's probably more people who think they can get into top 1k.

I figured, considering I've only been going up about 2-10 ranks for every cleared run. I have been able to go in with 3-4 non-maxed units and a 40% bonus though, so it's not all wasted anyway, even if I don't end up making it. I've easily made over 2,000 feathers from the grind today alone, which has made it worth it in some way.

Yeah, that's a good point for the second one especially, I had forgotten that Corrin was a free 40% bonus unit.

Fell out of top 5k with my score 5,419th with ~101k. Auto battle changed everything. I'll try to stay in top 5k, but I can't tell for the next Mini ...

Edit: 104k is barely in top 5k

Edited by mampfoid

39 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Fell out of top 5k with my score 5,419th with ~101k. Auto battle changed everything. I'll try to stay in top 5k, but I can't tell for the next Mini ...

Edit: 104k is barely in top 5k

Interesting... There's a gap of more than 50,000 points between the top 5k and the top 1k, then; I just passed 150k, and I'm still just barely above 1,300.

Meanwhile, beyond rank 100k... My second account was at rank 103k or something like that. I figured I'd try to get into the top 100k, so I chugged a potion, did one Hard-30 autobattle for 441 points, and already at rank 77k. Passed 26000 people by gaining 441 points. If only it was always that easy. :P

Back to main account and 84000 is about to drop out of top 10k. *sigh* Back on the bike.