Detective Pikachu game is coming to the west! And Pikachu is voiced by Owain!

Water Mage

I knew it sounded like him! Sadly not Danny DeVito (I actually like the idea, meme as it was), but I can live with this. Wonder if Reynolds will take this into account for the movie.

Though this seems like something very unserious, judging by what I'm hearing. Might have a laugh at that overall, so either that's a good thing or it's supposed to be serious and it's already doomed.

This actually kind of makes me happy.  I was just talking about the detective pikachu game never releasing outside of Japan and then this appears.  With Owain, none the less.  I might pick up a copy of this now. Heh

1 hour ago, Michelaar said:

That's Kaiji Tang? Didn't sound like him when I watched the trailer. Still epic though and is a definite buy for me.

When he says "Detective Pikachu, Bolt of Brilliance!", you can really tell. That's an Owain line, and it's delivered like one.

36 minutes ago, Slumber said:

When he says "Detective Pikachu, Bolt of Brilliance!", you can really tell. That's an Owain line, and it's delivered like one.

Looking back, it's pretty obvious, guess I was paying more attention on what was actually going on on the screen. It looks pretty good, all things considered.

Danny DeVito would've been nice, but I don't think he does video games. Every time I saw him, it was a movie or whatever. And my favorite role of his is Phil in Disney's Hercules. He's hilarious. XD

Kaji Tang is okay for this role too though. And it's about time this game came here, I was wondering what was taking so damn long.

I'd love for detective Pikachu to make frequent references to previous Pokemon titles in the form of flashy moves, one-liners, and puns.

One of my favorite Owain moments was in his intro, when he screamed "Radiant Dawn!" and then told his sword hand that "this was no time for games".

1 hour ago, Michelaar said:

That's Kaiji Tang? Didn't sound like him when I watched the trailer.

I sort of heard his voice as I know it.

Lots of professional voice actors are capable of doing very different voices.

I guess it works. Cool.

@Ertrick36 

I'd love for detective Pikachu to make frequent references to previous Pokemon titles in the form of flashy moves, one-liners, and puns.

YES.

Edited by Dragoncat

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Danny DeVito would've been nice, but I don't think he does video games. Every time I saw him, it was a movie or whatever. And my favorite role of his is Phil in Disney's Hercules. He's hilarious. XD

Kaji Tang is okay for this role too though. And it's about time this game came here, I was wondering what was taking so damn long.

I heard Derrick from GameXplain did mentioned it added Episode 2 in the retail release and Episode 2 will be coming to the eShop as well and Japan didn't have a retail version of Detective Pikachu which the eShop had Episode 1 when it was released back then. I think Derrick did mentioned he didn't seen Episode 2 in the Nintendo eShop over months after Episode 1 was released before the official English trailer officially revealed.

And I'm surprised that Detective Pikachu is coming on March since my birthday is at the same month as well. I'll might get this game on my birthday as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

I'm late to this, and it took two nanoseconds probably for meme people to realize this. But this news comes just off the heels of Micaiah getting Ash's VA. S Rank Odin and Mic in Heroes? Anyone else in FEH have a VA that doubles in Pokemon? If so, you could make a team out of it.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm late to this, and it took two nanoseconds probably for meme people to realize this. But this news comes just off the heels of Micaiah getting Ash's VA. S Rank Odin and Mic in Heroes? Anyone else in FEH have a VA that doubles in Pokemon? If so, you could make a team out of it.

Sure, there’s plenty cases like that. Pikachu’s original voice actress is Tiki japanese voice, Leo’s is Cilan’s japanese voice actor, while Clemont’s is Takumi’s japanese voice actor, while Takumi, Niles and Lucius’s new english voice actor voiced Seviper and Sonya’s english voice actress voiced Bulbasaur. In the english dub of Pokemon Generations, Owain/Narcian/Shiro/Lloyd’s voice actor voiced Looker, Leon’s voiced Silver, Oliver’s voiced Giovanni, Henry/Raven/Karel’s voiced Buck, Beruka/Tharja’s voice actress voice Cheryl, Saber’s voiced Charon/AZ, Julia/Clarisse’s voiced Jupiter, Sonya’s voiced Cynthia, Matthew/Jakob/Saizo’s voiced Lance, Celica’s voiced Lorelei, Elesa’s voiced english Tiki, Caeda/Mae/Gwendolyn’s voiced Iris, Frederick/Bartre voiced Eusine, Clive/Sigurd voiced N and Hector/Draug’s voiced Ghetsis and there are more that I can’t remember. So if you S-rank Sigurd and Hector, you will be S-ranking N and Ghetsis. Nice thought, huh?

If Pikachu's VA is Kaiji Tang...

...then does that mean that Detective Pikachu's hypothetical Twitter account would have a bunch of food pictures? :P

(If you see Kaiji's Twitter, you'll get the joke.)