Thracia 776 Menu Patch Troubles

KevinskyHaaz

'Ello everyone! So, a while back I made a post explaining that I had beaten every single Fire Emblem except for Fire Emblem Thracia 776 by now. I've really wanted to play this game, but I haven't been able to properly get it working. Lemme explain...

So I use the following:

- SNES9x version 1.54.

- This base-game ROM: (snip)

- This menu patch: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/80126-fe5-unified-thracia-prototype-menu-and-script-translation-through-ch-3/

- Not relevant, but I will be using an online script from SF as well...

Okay... so here's my issue. The ROM works fine, I can run it perfectly after downloading it. When I apply the patch, I am informed that it was successfully patched. Then I go to run the patched ROM on SNES9x and it simply does not open. It gives me the yellow error message... something along the lines of "bad_checksum." If anyone can please help me on this matter I would greatly appreciate it. Please just allow for another crazed Fire Emblem fan to finally beat the series... It's all I want.

Edited by eclipse
Linking to ROMs is bad, d00d

On 1/14/2018 at 3:47 AM, KevinskyHaaz said:

'Ello everyone! So, a while back I made a post explaining that I had beaten every single Fire Emblem except for Fire Emblem Thracia 776 by now. I've really wanted to play this game, but I haven't been able to properly get it working. Lemme explain...

So I use the following:

- SNES9x version 1.54.

- This base-game ROM: (snip)

- This menu patch: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/80126-fe5-unified-thracia-prototype-menu-and-script-translation-through-ch-3/

- Not relevant, but I will be using an online script from SF as well...

Okay... so here's my issue. The ROM works fine, I can run it perfectly after downloading it. When I apply the patch, I am informed that it was successfully patched. Then I go to run the patched ROM on SNES9x and it simply does not open. It gives me the yellow error message... something along the lines of "bad_checksum." If anyone can please help me on this matter I would greatly appreciate it. Please just allow for another crazed Fire Emblem fan to finally beat the series... It's all I want.

It is a WIP patch, why don't you post in that topic to ask the author directly, i'm not sure if he will pay a visit to this topic thread.