I just realized I forgot Bantu on my latest run, did I screw up?

Nope. What you need for Tiki is to get all 12 Starsphere fragments. If you miss any you don't get her. They're the items with constellations for names that give small stat boosts. Tiki's joining chapter, is Chapter 14, which is the same chapter that gives the Starsphere if you got all its fragments.

You can also use the Warp staff in the same chapter to access a Secret Shop selling a few more Dragonstones for her.

8 hours ago, CatManThree said:

He was amazing in FE1 and 3. People seem to always forget about that.

Exactly how good? I thought I heard he was usable in FE1, but I've never played it so I don't know how enemy Atk values are. He has a pretty Knightly 15 Def with his infinite use Fire Dragonstone, but only 18 HP and guaranteed to be doubled- how durable is he really?

And what are his FE3 transformed stats? SF doesn't make this clear.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Exactly how good? I thought I heard he was usable in FE1, but I've never played it so I don't know how enemy Atk values are. He has a pretty Knightly 15 Def with his infinite use Fire Dragonstone, but only 18 HP and guaranteed to be doubled- how durable is he really?

And what are his FE3 transformed stats? SF doesn't make this clear.

He take no damage half the game he falls off mid late game though. Because of how FE1 works you can speedwings him and he does become beastly. For obvious reason Bantu technically have the second highest potential of anyone in FE1, highest if you consider Gradivus use limit and its realistic due to statsboosters being insane

In tier format hes trash. He suffers from low Movement and a syndrome that covers all of fe1 called Not Marth

Thats glitchless

Glitch bantu is literally invincible to physical enemy. He have the highest defense in the series since he can use promo item to get 9 defense per use which make him able to have 200-999 defense(i actually joined sf to spread the bug lmao)

FE3 Bantu im not sure though. Valkama iirc considered him bad because of his mov but he can one shot Ice Dragon which is a big deal apparently

Honestly had Bantu have good Mov he'd probably be somewhat decent in Shadow Dragon because 30 ATK OP

Bantu has 8 move (might be 7) and 1-2 range after Turn 1 in FE3 and OHKOes every enemy.  I don't see how that's bad at all.

The only one getting screwed out of this deal is Banter.  Well, and technically you won't get to see the entire ending sequence, but that's not a big concern really.

Unless you have a need to use a Manakete within the next six chapters.  You probably don't though if you have a good team.

14 hours ago, Refa said:

Bantu has 8 move (might be 7) and 1-2 range after Turn 1 in FE3 and OHKOes every enemy.  I don't see how that's bad at all.

Bantu has 6 in SD and 5 in Mystery untransformed; I believe transformation adds two to movement, at least in Mystery; basically a worse version of the cavaliers' gimmick in that regard, since untransformed they have the same mov stat as armor knights and only gain enough mov to roughly match that of regular infantry.

That being said, Bantu's strength (as well as Tiki's) in the early games draws from the fact that unlike with most other units, his defense stat is actually taken into account when attacked by enemy dragons and manaketes.  That, along with the defense boost from the stone that likely makes Bantu even tougher than any armor knight you might have and the fact that breath attacks ignore human enemies' defense stats, makes Bantu a really good early game unit.  And since star shards exist in Book 2, you could skyrocket his growths so that he could actually be usable later on in the game, though only if you put in the effort.  Or you could just feed him stat boosters if you really wanted to.

Though in the DS remakes, Bantu kind of got shafted.  Still can destroy humans fairly well, but the dragons are tougher.  In New Mystery especially, he's pretty much irrelevant.  Can barely even match the defense stat of Cain, let alone most other stats.  Not to mention the removed range...  Don't know if he's even any good against the horde of dragons that protect Gotoh and Tiki along Anri's Way and in the Ice Dragon Shrine.