Awakening(?)

WyvernKnight

I'm a huge fan of Awakening. Also a huge dan of Sacred Stones's looks and their Wyvern Knight class (kreygasm). I have been looking and studying and thinking and thought it'd be cool to see awakening (with some tweaks and additions) using a hyper modified Sacred Stones. My research shows it'd be a massive ammount of work but hey. Thoughts, suggestions, tips, am i crazy?

So you're thinking of making Awakening but on the GBA? I want to say that it should be possible except for arguably the most defining features of Awakening, Pair-up and class changing. Also the children but if Genealogy did it it should be possible on GBA I think. I've seen Pair-up done in the GBA games and it's basically just rescue with stat modifiers. Honestly I think Awakening is fine as is and really trying to make everything it has (unique characters with models, or sprites in this instance, Lots and lots of dialogue and scripting based on parents, and incorporating adding in some of the classes and weapons) is a lot of programming that is honestly not worth it in the long run. Most fans would rather play the actual thing and only those really interested in the idea would play it. I hate to sound like such a downer but it really does seem impractical. I'll be honest I don't even know if some of the stuff in Awakening could be programmed into GBA. I will say nice concept but overall very impractical. But if you want to do it then go ahead, just know it's a lot of work and the payoff may not be equal to Awakening nor what you expected.

Actually, i wasn’t planning on making verbatum Awakening. Adding a couple characters, adding supports i would have liked to see (#freecordelia) and some class additions/visual edits and such. Granted it will probably be just as hard or harder but w/e. I’m doing this for fun anyway. Character creation is going to be the hardest part methinks. I mostly want to do it for my love of gba’s visuals really, and to try and think of some other ways to explore the characters.

Edited by WyvernKnight

I feel like with class change there'd habe to be a seperate place to store the rank of each weapon rank within the character definition. So like, using c++: 

Chrom_weapon-rank

{

Sword = c;

Lance= 0; 

Axe=0; 

And so on. Correct me if i am wrong.

EDIT: 

Tomfooling around with some pallet editing and I got a better then I expected Olivia.

OliviaTest.png

Edited by WyvernKnight
Added some funsies