Beautiful Hero Battle: Oliver

SatsumaFSoysoy

A being of perfect beauty, Oliver, has deemed us worthy of his presence...

Map

Hard and Lunatic

Spoiler

nJEKdQG.png

Infernal

Spoiler

ftdV5rV.png

Infernal Enemy Stats

Oliver

Spoiler

HP: 67
Atk: 48
Spd: 22
Def: 25
Res: 37

Weapon: Shine+
Assist: 
Special: Blazing Light (charged)

A: Mirror Strike 2
B: Quick Riposte 3
C: Atk Ploy 3

Green Manakete

Spoiler

HP: 61
Atk: 46
Spd: 36
Def: 32
Res: 21

Weapon: Lighting Breath+
Assist: 
Special: Reprisal

A: Spd +3
B: Guard 3
C: Spur Atk 3

Lance Cavalier

Spoiler

HP: 61
Atk: 49
Spd: 27
Def: 30
Res: 33

Weapon: Sapphire Lance+
Assist: 
Special: Draconic Aura

A: HP/Def 2
B: Bowbreaker 3
C: Drive Spd 2

Red Mage

Spoiler

HP: 52
Atk: 44
Spd: 35
Def: 22
Res: 31

Weapon: Rauðrowl+
Assist: 
Special: Growing Flame

A: Atk/Res Bond 3
B: Swordbreaker 3
C: Spur Def 3

Mercenary

Spoiler

HP: 65
Atk: 48
Spd: 36
Def: 33
Res: 24

Weapon: Slaying Edge+
Assist: Pivot
Special: Moonbow

A: HP/Spd 2
B: Cancel Affinity 3
C: Hone Atk 3

Green Mage

Spoiler

HP: 52
Atk: 44
Spd: 35
Def: 22
Res: 31

Weapon: Gronnowl+
Assist: 
Special: Glimmer

A: Atk/Def Bond 3
B: G Tomebreaker 3
C: Spur Res 3

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strategy

- The new trench tiles only allow horses to move one space into them. While horse units like Reinhardt and Brave Lyn are still effective in dealing damage, you would need to bait the enemies to close in, or use a dancer.

- The safest way to engage the map would be to either ORKO the Manakete from the left side, or the Lance Cav from the right side, then use a dancer + movement skills to escape.

- Unless you're using a high Res Green (Julia, Deirdre, Sonya etc.) to deal with Oliver, I would not recommend letting him initiate on you.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

This was quite tricky! I managed to clear it with my Flier Emblem team but it required a full retreat after killing the cavalier and from there I had to snipe the units one by one. I was lucky that Elincia with full buffs was able to kill the Manakete in one round, if not Oliver would've killed her and ruined my strategy.

Edited by Alexmender

Beat Hard fairly easily with Dorcas/Genny/Olivia/Jaffar, and Dorcas just tanked everything with Genny's help.

Lunatic was a bit tougher, since Dorcas couldn't tank everything, but Jaffar was more helpful here, so I still won in two tries.

And then I somehow beat Infernal with Reinhardt/Brave Lyn/Xander/Airzura. Took a few tries, and had a really close call near the end where only the AI apparently not realizing it could kill pretty much anyone and just lining up to get killed on my turn kept me from losing at the end.

But yeah, that was tricky (didn't help that all my nukes are cavalry). Felt good when I cracked it tho.

So, was this map based on anything from Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn? I never played RD, and I didn't reach Oliver in PoR, so I wouldn't know.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

All right! Bae Emblem has a brand new member! I'm not so sure Sothe enjoys having to join, but Micaiah probably think it's good for him to make new friends. He won't feel lonely once the rest of the Dawn Brigade joins. I managed to defeat Oliver using Merric, Innes, Shigure, and Sothe. Sothe is really, really good at providing buffs. Innes was just shy of finishing off Oliver, so I made the Spur ATK seal and slapped that on Sothe so he could provide Innes with even more ATK power. The rest of the strategy involved playing Reposition around the map while I picked people off. Merric ended up tanking the green mage a couple of times. True MVP.

I also really really really want a +SPD Innes. XD He's treated me well, but I've always felt like if he had that extra bump of speed, he'd be unstoppable. 

Blushing Beauty Olivia is the normal Hero Map today...coincidence?

After Spring Princess Camilla took out the Sapphire Lance Cav, Caeda solo’d the rest from the right-hand defense tile. I had a nice laugh when I saw that the extra unit for Infernal was a green manakete. 0 damage Blazing Light was also entertaining.

I’ll probably try putting together something more replicable later.

Took a few tries but cleared the Infernal map using Flier Emblem. It's a matter of picking off the enemy units one-by-one.

Units used:
Summer Corrin: Blarblade+, Reposition, Moonbow, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3 (KOs almost everybody else)
+Def/-Spd Elincia: Reposition, Moonbow, Hit and Run, Goad Fliers (KOs green manakete)
+Spd/-Atk New Years Azura (Hone Fliers + Dance support)
4* +Atk/-Spd Cherche: Brave Axe+, Reposition, Bonfire, Hit and Run, Fortify Fliers (KOs Oliver)

Hmm, well I basically got it done with Kagerou (surprise, surprise), Azura, Deirdre and Celica (who did nothing), but I missed the last kill on Oliver by 2 HP, so all I need to do is swap Seals. But let me see if I can do Genny Gravity+ Dazzling shenanigans...

Well, it apparently just made AI manipulation harder.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

First GHB I've beaten on my first try.  That was fun. :):

Team used: Fjorm, Olivia, Sharena, and Anna.  After using Sharena and Anna last time for the E&E BHB, I wanted to see if I could clear this one with them.  Success!

I recorded a video after, in case it helps anyone:

Spoiler

For some reason the video doesn't have sound... but oh well, just play something from Radiant Dawn while watching.

Spoiler

Video now uploaded, keeping the play-by-play.

Reinhardt, Bridelia, PAzura, and Arvis. Arvis ploys the manakete, and Bridelia attacks her, going down to half health to trigger her own Desperation, Brash Assault, and PAzuras Wings of Mercy. She is then danced away from danger. Manakete goes down to the corner where she is sniped by Rein. Bridelia chips at the Cav before being danced out again. Next turn, Rein takes out Sword Infantry, and is danced by Azura, before going to finish off the Cav. Oliver attacks Azura and leaves her with 2 HP, where Bridelia finishes off Oliver, and then everyone else dies to something.

The trickiest part for me was trying to get Bridelia to low enough health to trigger Desperate Assault, because before I had Azura holding the Fortify Res 3 seal, which was giving Bridelia enough Res to avoid entering 50% hp by 4 points, so guess what went away?

Edited by Xenomata

This was a fun one, Oliver is only good for the memes, but at least the matches were entertaining. I just used dancer - bravebow nonsense as always, with some dragons for good measure. I also prefer those infernals, were they don't just add a unit, but also change positions. Makes it way more interesting, at least to me.

It took a few more tries than I'd care to admit, but I took Infernal down with Armor Emblem (ToD!Henry, ToD!Jakob, WE!Tharja, WE!Lissa) just because. Now comes the conundrum of deciding between promoting Oliver for the hell of it or making actual progress on Cordelia and giving her that Firesweep Lance+...

So I’m an idiot and spent forever trying to use the wrong special on Soren for this but I did it and without Gronnblade to boot! Sometimes you just have to put as much attack power on a unit as possible. No kill like overkill!

I really am going to 5* Oliver, but that’s a project for the morning. 

And Clarisse helps win another Infernal GHB~! She didn't even have her Summoner Support at the time, but she still managed to decimate Oliver, as well as that sword unit thanks to her Swordbreaker 3. Young Tiki was able to tank the other mages and the green dragon, Ninian danced and buffed (mostly for Tiki), and Dorcas... did almost nothing, besides counterkill the lance horse on the final turn. I'm pretty sure any axe user would've done the job there fine, but good for Dorcas I guess. Now I need 20,000 feathers to give Dierdre that Atk Ploy 3...

They really missed out on the opportunity to use Oliver's theme (or his battle theme) for this. For me, that's one of the most memorable OSTs in the Tellius series...maybe out of all the games. Even though I'm clearly biased towards Rafiel's Aria. It's just one of those songs that sticks with you.

Well, I managed to get it done on infernal using Azura, Caeda, Deirdre, and Micaiah. High res nonsense is fun. Azura and Caeda didn't actually fight, they just helped position people around and stuff. Micaiah MVP.

Edited by Sunwoo

Hector soloed Hard with a bit of singing from Azura. Just trying to find a good combination for Lunatic.

Fed my 3* Oliver to Jeorge for Warding Blow and Mirror Shot, simply because he lacked an A skill. Anything for best archer.

ピエリのおもちゃなの!

I'm not convinced they're trying anymore. These cattle grids aren't really doing their job.

Drag Back was used to get Peri back to my side of the wall because it's physically impossible to Dance a cavalry unit across a cattle grid without leaving the dancer on the other side. The Speed +3 Sacred Seal was used to double attack the sword fighter due to the lance knight having Drive Spd 2.

+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Drag Back, Threaten Def 3, Squad Ace D 3)
+0 Olivia [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3)
+0 New Year Azura [+Spd, -Def] (Sing, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Fliers)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 3)

And the usual imgur gallery: https://imgur.com/a/nV9AQ.

9 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Clair Infernal Solo.... The Beast lost to the real Beauty!!!

I'm honestly not sure why the developers thought giving the green mage Glimmer of all things was a good idea. That's like literally the worst possible special skill to use when there are fortification tiles around.

I just realized I can use my Brave Ike with Escape Route here.

Also is Oliver like one of the worst GHB units or what? He has nothing good for skill inheritance at 4 star, They should've given him like Death Blow 3 or something at least.

Edited by Ae†her