Beautiful Hero Battle: Oliver

SatsumaFSoysoy

Beat infernal first try with the standard dual memes of mercy + Eirika, Nino being the star of the show

It was Kind of sloppy since Olivia had to tank the lance cav, and Nino didn't kill everything on the map, which I prefer to do, so I did it a second time where Nino did indeed kill everything on the map

Poor GTB Green Mage.... he had GTB and glimmer, but still couldn't kill my Nino :( She wasn't even at full HP!

Edit:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Forgot to mention, I like what you did with the title :p Should add an "expect" tag before "perfection" for the meme

Edited by Arcanite

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beat Hard and Lunatic with Brave Lyn, Sigurd, Dorcas, and Reinhardt. Reposition was very useful. I switched out Dorcas for Nino on Infernal, though. She was more useful in taking out Oliver. Now I'm totally gonna 5-star all three Olivers and merge them for ultimate beauty.

Team Flying Death Princesses 2.0 made short work of this, as usual. (Elincia, Summer Corrin, New Year's Azura, Spring Camilla.)

Surprised by the lack of reinforcements. I liked how they were becoming a regular thing.

Now I don't even bother trying to make some counter-team for these GHB/BHBs -- jumping straight in with Narcian's Angels has been working like a charm so far.

Spoiler

Narcian +5 (Summoner Support) (S Shanna)
Weapon: Slaying Axe+ (Spd)
Assist: Swap
Special: Aether
A: Distant Counter
B: Quick Riposte 3
C: Goad Fliers
Seal: Panic Ploy

Hinoka +2 (S Caeda)
Weapon: Brave Lance+
Assist: Reposition
Special: Galeforce
A: Triangle Adept
B: Swordbreaker 3
C: Hone Fliers
Seal: Close Defense 3

Caeda +6 (S Hinoka)
Weapon: Wo Dao+ (Def)
Special: Moonbow
A: Distant Counter
B: Red Tomebreaker 3
C: Def Ploy 3
Seal: Distant Defense 3

Shanna +1 (S Narcian)
Weapon: Firesweep L+
Special: Moonbow
A: Life and Death 3
B: Hit and Run
C: Goad Fliers
Seal: Heavy Blade 3

Finally crushed the infernal version of the true narcissist (from what I can tell, haven't played Tellius) with the true rallyqueen (as well as 3 princesses of various nations).

5* Eirika (+Def/-Spd, Fury, Swordbreaker, Rally Def, Bonfire, Rally Res 2 Seal), SummElise (+Def/-HP, G!Tomebreaker, Draconic Aura, HP +3 seal.), Nohrzura (+Atk/-Res, Wings of Mercy, New Moon, Spur Res 1 Seal) and Fjorm (Neutral, Reposition, Spur Atk 1 Seal) were used.

Took a few turns to move units in to the right, but once Elise, Eirika (in between to provide buffs) and Fjorm were in there I had Elise 1-round the horse, Fjorm reposition her and Eirika moves out. After Fjorm tanks the manakete and mage, the next turn is about moving out of the corridor, everyone being behind Fjorm in the south. The next enemy phase sees the green mage and Oliver head for the left corridor, while the other three are now in the right corridor having to hold off a boosted Fjorm. Eirika helps finish off the manakete, Fjorm blocks the red mage and infantry while everyone else waits in range. Eirika and Elise team up to defeat Oliver, and Fjorm waits to take out the mage and hold the sword infantry. From there, Eirika takes out the green mage with Nohrzura's help and Elise and Fjorm team up to beat the sword infantry.

2000 feathers and another meme are mine.

I cleared Infernal with Cecilia, Reinhardt, PA Azura, and Tiki. I approached from the right side of the map. On the first turn after positioning, I had Cecilia erase the lance cav, and then Reinhardt repositioned her to safety. Azura danced for Rein, he retreats, and then Tiki baits the red mage and the manakete.

On the second turn, I had Tiki retreat, Azura dances for Tiki, and she retreats some more. Reinhardt moves onto the trench to finish the manakete, and Cecilia moves next to him.

On the third turn, Reinhardt retreats, Cecilia moves onto the trench, and Azura dances for her. Cecilia then pulls Azura to safety. It was pretty simple from here. Oliver and the green mage sort of got stuck in the bottleneck on the left side, while the red mage and swordie were bottlenecked on the right. I had Tiki start to retreat to the lower right corner, with the aid of Azura's dance. Cecilia baited Oliver, and Reinhardt removed the swordie. The red mage suicided on Rein. I had Cecilia finish off Oliver. The green mage decided it wanted to come down the right side after all, and we just wait for it to get here, staying safely out of range. Tiki attacks it when she can, and then pretty much anyone can finish it.

Full skill inheritance on these units but they are my generally the 1st team I use to clear anything but just got through infernal using Julia/Azura/Tharja and Klein, though klein was mostly useless and I'm pretty sure almost any unit would have been better than him, but julia and tharja did all the heavy lifting with azura for the dance

Is Oliver the first GHB unit with boosted BST?

Anyway, Infernal took a few tries, but wasn't too bad. I still won't say this was the easiest GHB. That, IMO, would probably be Arvis's. That thing was a complete breeze.

Also, yeah, the trenches did very little in the way of limiting horse emblem.

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

Hard and Lunatic was child's play with my Matthew team. Infernal gave me a little trouble and I got impatient after a couple failures so I beat it with Reinhardt/B!Lyn/Olivia/Nino.

...Then I got annoyed and knew I could beat it with my main team, so I tried again. @Soul~! @Hilda @mcsilas @eclipse @Vaximillian @Rafiel's Aria @Nosmur @Rezzy @DefaultBeep @Kaden @Johann

I finally remembered how to record again. This is what my Matthew is capable of. And this is why I don't go -RES.

*snip*

Dang, this was awesome! I felt happy enough to be able to clear this with my Clarisse, but yours was super cool to watch. I love dedication to a favorite unit allowing for stuff like this!

Needed a couple Reposition inherits to screw with the Lance Cav's brain, but I'm ok with that.

• 5* Camus (neutral): Gradivus, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Grani's Shield, Spur Atk 2
  • 4* Barst (neutral): Brave Axe, Reposition, Spur Atk 3
  • 4* Olivia (neutral): Silver Sword, Dance, Hone Atk 3, Hone Spd 2 Seal
  • 5* Arvis (neutral): Valflame, Reposition, Growing Flame, Recover Ring, Def Ploy 3

It should also work using Fjorm (with Reposition) instead of Camus.

Spoiler

Bonus clear: after an assist from Mystery Tactician Robin, Caeda stomps all over everything. I maybe could have had her solo the entire map, but she doesn't have Cancel Affinity.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You need to give poor Nino a break.

Once she's +10 I will

then I'll swap my S Support to Oboro and see what broken things I can do with her instead HEH HEH HEH!

Did Infernal with my Armor team.

Spoiler

Black Knight (+1):
- Alondite
- Swap
- Black Luna
- Fury 3
- Vantage 3
- Ward Armor
- Panic Ploy 3 Seal

Effie:
- Berkut's Lance+ (Res Refinement)
- Swap
- Bonfire
- Distant Counter
- Wary Fighter 3
- Ward Armor
- Heavy Blade 3 Seal

Sharena
- Slaying Axe+ (Res Refinement))
- Swap
- Bonfire
- Distant Counter
- Wary Fighter 3
- Armor March 3
- Close Def 3 Seal

Hector
- Armads
- Swap
- Bonfire
- Distant Counter
- Vantage 3
- Panic Ploy 3
- Deflect Magic 3 Seal

Changing the Axe infantry with the Manakete made this somehow easier to lure your enemies into the fortification tiles. Anyway, the ladies cleaned the mobs out while BK countered Oliver with Black Luna when he was at Vantage range (like at 1 HP).
Pretty sure I could have cleared this one in a more clean fashion but eh.

13 hours ago, Ae†her said:

Also is Oliver like one of the worst GHB units or what? He has nothing good for skill inheritance at 4 star, They should've given him like Death Blow 3 or something at least.

Mirror Strike 2 at 4* is a very welcome addition, being the first free 240 sp A slot passive on a unit that we are rewarded with multiple copies. Very useful A for anyone in the process of building point brick armors for arena.

7 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Mirror Strike 2 at 4* is a very welcome addition, being the first free 240 sp A slot passive on a unit that we are rewarded with multiple copies. Very useful A for anyone in the process of building point brick armors for arena.

Def Ploy 3 is like 10 times more useful than that lol. Mirror Strike is not particularly good or very useful most of the time. They should've made Oliver's Atk Ploy 3 available at 4 Star rarity, but instead IS kinda gave us a useless blue mage. I say he's useless because A) he's blue and that doesn't counter Reinhardt (you would have to put some investment into him) B) he's a blue mage competing for a spot against so many other blue mages. 

beat it with legion(with slaying axe, heavy blade(seal), galeforce), H!nowi(with guidance seal), micaiah, and genny

a bit tricky, though guidance helped make it easier, legion is great for this though, only took about 3 tries for infernal.

31 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The new tiles don't prevent people from one-turn solves:

Hide contents

Wow, I wonder how many merges they needed on there.  It's funny that Bridelia only provides Repostion, since she's often a staple of these GHBs for me.

14 hours ago, Ae†her said:

Also is Oliver like one of the worst GHB units or what? He has nothing good for skill inheritance at 4 star, They should've given him like Death Blow 3 or something at least.

42 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Def Ploy 3 is like 10 times more useful than that lol. Mirror Strike is not particularly good or very useful most of the time. They should've made Oliver's Atk Ploy 3 available at 4 Star rarity, but instead IS kinda gave us a useless blue mage. I say he's useless because A) he's blue and that doesn't counter Reinhardt (you would have to put some investment into him) B) he's a blue mage competing for a spot against so many other blue mages. 

Oliver isn't a bag of skills. He's Oliver. Similarly, the developers have no obligation to give out free skill fodder in the first place.

Oliver is a blue tome user, which first of all means he isn't screwed over by Reinhardt's existence by default. And in fact, he has a very good 34 Res, meaning it's entirely possible to build him to serve as an off-counter to Reinhardt. Blarblade (not even Blarblade+) will allow +0 Oliver to two-hit kill +10 Reinhardt [+Atk] (Dire Thunder, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Quickened Pulse) +6/6/6/6 after only +4/4/0/3 buffs, and Oliver survives and kills said Reinhardt with Deflect Magic 3 and Quick Reposte 1 (the +4 Spd buff on Oliver prevents said Reinhardt with =Spd from double attacking, though B Tomebreaker also works instead of Quick Riposte and the +4 Spd can be moved to a different stat). With Blarblade+, he can do the same feat with only +3/4/0/2 (budget Eirika buffs).

Oliver's high Res also means he's an amazing user of his default Atk Ploy, and his HP being well above average for a tome user means he can also use Panic Ploy (though he'll need HP +3 in the A slot to hit +10 Reinhardt [=HP]). The above Reinhardt under the effects of Atk Ploy 3 and Panic Ploy 3 with only Hone Cavalry buffs only has 43 Atk on initiation, which hits for only 7 + 17 damage (Oliver still has +2 Res from buffs to power Blarblade+), and even if Reinhardt didn't have Hone Cavalry buffs to screw him over, he still only hits for 13 + 23 damage, which Oliver still survives.

And if Oliver is on a fortification tile, good luck killing him with Reinhardt. The last build takes 0 + 5 damage from Reinhardt with Panicked Hone Cavalry and 1 + 11 damage from Reinhardt without Panicked Hone Cavalry. The one before that (Blarblade+, Deflect Magic 3) takes 14 + 5 damage.

And competing against other blue tome users is irrelevant if you simply don't have any. There are exactly 2 blue tome users in the 3-star summoning pool (Robin and Odin), neither of whom are particularly amazing (Odin is downright awful without a ton of investment and a team built to support him), and there are only 3 blue tome users in the 4-star summoning pool (Mae, Tailtiu, and Reinhardt), and if you're unlucky, you might not get any one of them for a very long time.

For reference, the Oliver builds I used above (with less-than-4-star skills bumped up to 4-star skills) for people looking for a budget Oliver to do Oliver things:

+0 Oliver [=] (Blarblade, Quick Riposte 2, Deflect Magic 3) +4/4/0/3
+0 Oliver [=] (Blarblade+, Quick Riposte 2, Deflect Magic 3) +3/4/0/2 (budget Eirika/Ephraim buffs)
+0 Oliver [=] (Blarblade+, HP +3, Quick Riposte 2, Atk Ploy 3, Panic Ploy 3) +3/4/0/2 (budget Eirika/Ephraim buffs)

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The new tiles don't prevent people from one-turn solves:

Of course it doesn't. Using positioning assists and teleportation to get units over difficult terrain has always been a thing.

Managed infernal after a few tries (mainly due to positioning) with my flier emblem team of Airzura (who isn't fully built yet but between sing and her ability to one round the lance cavalier she more than pulled her weight), Nowi, Elincia, and Tana. It wasn't too bad one I managed to figure it out, and thank god for sing and reposition (and flier formation and escape route and Grimoire)