Beautiful Hero Battle: Oliver

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Had he been a cav mage it would have been too easy to bait him. Bound Hero Battle: Reinhardt and Olwen when?

Was thinking they coulda just made him infantry or armored I guess. Maybe because I had Gronnwolf ready to go that it seemed way way too easy.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@Rafiel's Aria I actually really enjoyed that. I don't care for Lucius in this game but he actually is a unit I liked quite a bit from FE7 and you've turned him into something quite remarkable. The healer I'm planning on investing in is Serra. I hope I can do stuff like this with her someday. My Matthew couldn't have did this by himself. Also kinda funny that both our units are +3.

@mampfoid More or less everyone has access to a dagger unit that can perform well now. If you pull a Sothe it shouldn't take very much work to give him favorable results (assuming he's demoted to *4). Matthew's spread was too perfect for a build like this after the refinery buffs to daggers though, this had to happen. I always wanted to build him and saved that Close Counter for him for months. I just didn't know what to do with him.

@Johann Had he been a cav mage it would have been too easy to bait him. Bound Hero Battle: Reinhardt and Olwen when?

I think Sothe is good for lower Tier Arena and PVE content, but in T20 whale land i think Sothe doesnt shine that well tbh. He lacks the bulk to take hits and counterattack compared to Mathew and Saizo against Armored units and he might want to run Windsweep so he doesnt get killed when initiating combat. Also his buffs could be more hindersome then helpfull, usually 2 of the 3 or 4 armored units run Panic Ploy in Seal or Passiv and depending on the map you wont be able to avoid panic ploy sometimes. But Sothe is definitly very good.

@everyone: actually wtf does one do with Oliver? He kinda sucks unless you want to build him up as a owl-tome user, where he could excell otherwise he seems very niche with his stat spread :/. I think i'll keep the Oliver copys just for Skill Inheritance -_-

Edited by Hilda

46 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I think Sothe is good for lower Tier Arena and PVE content, but in T20 whale land i think Sothe doesnt shine that well tbh. He lacks the bulk to take hits and counterattack compared to Mathew and Saizo against Armored units and he might want to run Windsweep so he doesnt get killed when initiating combat. Also his buffs could be more hindersome then helpfull, usually 2 of the 3 or 4 armored units run Panic Ploy in Seal or Passiv and depending on the map you wont be able to avoid panic ploy sometimes. But Sothe is definitly very good.

@everyone: actually wtf does one do with Oliver? He kinda sucks unless you want to build him up as a owl-tome user, where he could excell otherwise he seems very niche with his stat spread :/. I think i'll keep the Oliver copys just for Skill Inheritance -_-

Ploy Master Oliver? Panic Ploy + Atk Ploy? Maybe Res Ploy as well but no SS yet and that requires replacing his Atk Ploy which seems a waste.

i'm thinking either Blarowl or maybe Blarraven? At the very least he has more offensive presence than Odin, maybe bulky Resbaiting Blarblade?

56 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I had a bunch of budget builds here that you can use as a starting point (originally designed with Reinhardt in mind):

He's basically a giant bag of HP and Res you can use to Ploy things and soak up magic damage.

His low Spd means you're relying on Quick Riposte or a Weaponbreaker to double attack (or Brash Desperation, which also lets you use Brazen skills in the A slot).

His Atk is the same as +Atk Robin's, and his Def after adding Distant Def 3 is the same as =Def Robin's, so he can viably run a Triangle Adept Blarraven build.

You can also do something like Blarowl + Atk/Def Bond 3 + Distant Def 3 for relatively competent mixed bulk (42/38/44 with 2 stacks) in combination with his default Atk Ploy 3.

inspired by all the fun solo clears and whatnot i decided to try something wonky with a Lunatic run using only sword infantry. M!Corn, Joshua, Lon'qu, and Olivia, video sped up a little so my slowness is more bearable. if i had Cancel Affinity i would attempt Infernal with the same team but sadly all my Mathildas seem to have f*cked off to nowhere

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm surprised Oliver doesn't surrender and recruit himself once he sees Lucius' beauty.

I know, right? I was half-expecting an auto-win. But somehow, I don't think Raven would kindly ask Oliver to rejoin the enemy if he got handsy.

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Rafiel's Aria Nice solution, Raven was mostly only there to admire Lucius' work. 

Now I want to build a Lucius. What nature is yours? Without A-skill and without seal he got nearly the same offensive stats like my +ATK +1 Elise, lacking only 1 SPD. 

Lucius just needed the extra Support SPD (and Drive SPD...) to rally him on. XD I'm sure Raven LOVES being a cheerleader.

Mine is +ATK -HP at the moment. He has the SPD+3 skill as an A slot and an S slot however, and he still needed the support, Drive SPD, and Hone SPD to double things. I'm currently on the lookout for a +SPD copy for my main merge, but no such luck yet.

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Rafiel's Aria and her I thought Airzura was also close for being a flying dancer XD

at least she has weapon advantage

also nice, always great to see your Lucius's power!

'So you're a light mage, huh?....that was supposed to be me!"

Flying dancer Lucius when? He deserve to be a light mage. I'm just going to keep pretending he is one. XD

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@Rafiel's Aria I actually really enjoyed that. I don't care for Lucius in this game but he actually is a unit I liked quite a bit from FE7 and you've turned him into something quite remarkable. The healer I'm planning on investing in is Serra. I hope I can do stuff like this with her someday. My Matthew couldn't have did this by himself. Also kinda funny that both our units are +3.

Serra doesn't have a terrible offensive spread herself. She's a little faster than Lucius which helps her out a bit, and her Recover staff is way better than Martyr. XD But good luck! Lucius is easily in my top 5 favorites, and I was really bummed with how long it took me to get a single copy of him. 4 months, 2 pity-breaker Fayes, and basically ever colorless in the game later...  I have enough copies to make him +6, but I'm waiting for my feather stash to grow a bit first so I can promote Raven and Lucius copies at the same time.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As consolation, they will have Artur use staves and Natasha use blue tomes.

I'm fully prepared for that to happen. I've just accepted it by now. If by some chance I can at least get tome!Forrest or The Rachel or even axe!Libra, I may feel a bit better. Maybe.

29 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Serra doesn't have a terrible offensive spread herself. She's a little faster than Lucius which helps her out a bit, and her Recover staff is way better than Martyr. XD But good luck! Lucius is easily in my top 5 favorites, and I was really bummed with how long it took me to get a single copy of him. 4 months, 2 pity-breaker Fayes, and basically ever colorless in the game later...  I have enough copies to make him +6, but I'm waiting for my feather stash to grow a bit first so I can promote Raven and Lucius copies at the same time.

For me I wanted to build a Serra months ago but every single copy of her I ever pulled had a terrible nature. I finally pulled a +SPD/-HP copy of her during my last summoning session so I'll be building that one. 30/34 isn't that bad a spread even if I'll have to change her staff (Absorb is meh).

I'll have 40k feathers before the week is out, I'm just out of Matthews is all so I'm waiting. I'll probably get him to at least around +6 or so before I start going back to other projects. A +10 Serra and a +10 Nino are things that I want to happen down the line though. 

9 minutes ago, Zeo said:

For me I wanted to build a Serra months ago but every single copy of her I ever pulled had a terrible nature. I finally pulled a +SPD/-HP copy of her during my last summoning session so I'll be building that one. 30/34 isn't that bad a spread even if I'll have to change her staff (Absorb is meh).

I'll have 40k feathers before the week is out, I'm just out of Matthews is all so I'm waiting. I'll probably get him to at least around +6 or so before I start going back to other projects. A +10 Serra and a +10 Nino are things that I want to happen down the line though. 

Yeah... I second that Absorb isn't worth much. So far I enjoy Fear and Slow for the extra MT. Gravity is really fun to troll people with. Pain works really, really well too even if the MT isn't as high. I'm looking forward to what new healer skills they might release in the future.

Ooooh cool. My merge projects are Raven, Lucius, Leon, Lukas, Merric, and Adult Tiki. I'm not good at sticking with one thing, but I just need two more copies of Merric to finish him off. Good luck to you!

12 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Yeah... I second that Absorb isn't worth much. So far I enjoy Fear and Slow for the extra MT. Gravity is really fun to troll people with. Pain works really, really well too even if the MT isn't as high. I'm looking forward to what new healer skills they might release in the future.

Ooooh cool. My merge projects are Raven, Lucius, Leon, Lukas, Merric, and Adult Tiki. I'm not good at sticking with one thing, but I just need two more copies of Merric to finish him off. Good luck to you!

Still on the fence as what staff to give Serra. Genny has Gravity, Sakura has Fear and B!Lyn has Candlelight so I may go Slow+ or Pain+ for her. Maybe Pain+ because Wrys used to be my main healer and I way *5 him at some point and he comes with Slow.

As for all of my potential Merge projects? Matthew, Serra, Nino, Lukas and Chrom. Maybe Athena as well. If Sothe gets demoted he's definitely a possibility as well.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If Artur gets staves, The Rachel’s pretty hands will be free to grab Ivaldi!

Unless they're cruel and send her Mage Knight (which is totally out of character), to add insult to injury, they deny her Sacred Excalibur and instead give her some crappy tome.

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If Artur gets staves, The Rachel’s pretty hands will be free to grab Ivaldi!

Larchel will get Latona and Fear+, leaving Natasha the only one left to pick up Ivaldi.

I'm sick of dealing with L'Arachel's apostrophe. Apostrophes goddamn everywhere. It wouldn't be as bad if it didn't end up with two capital letters. She's "Larchel" from now on.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Unless they're cruel and send her Mage Knight (which is totally out of character), to add insult to injury, they deny her Sacred Excalibur and instead give her some crappy tome.

Mage knight Larchel will get Elfire. Just Elfire.

@Zeo nice!  Nothing beats having a favorite of yours beat up a map!

. . .which I did, in the form of Leon, Spring Camilla, Azura, and Ike.  Had to use Ike over Ryoma so he could tank the dragon.  Otherwise, it was Leon's Shooting Session.  Sorry Oliver, Leon has more refined tastes!

• 4 months later...

This took a while to find.

The quests were kinda annoying (mostly the Oliver kills Oliver one) but I did them relatively fast. Having to use Horse Emblem to clear this is a pain but it's not impossible if you tackle the map from the right side. I used the classic Sigurd/Cecilia/Reinhardt/Priscilla team to clear it.

----

@mampfoid @Zeo @DefyingFates @Rafiel's Aria @kirauza343 @SatsumaFSoysoy

Now for the next show of Eirika's prowress, here we have her taking down one of, if not the most, beautiful heroes in the history of ever. Fortunately I got to try Eirika's full potential for at least 1 turn thanks to Karla's Even Spd Wave, this makes me really excited to get Spd Tactic soon to get Eirika to perform at 100% all the time!

Edited by Alexmender
Totally didn't forgot to ping.

Infernal One Turn Clear: 

Nothing spectacular this time (mo Knock Back yet, @mcsilas), I went with my original crew. Wanted to use Marth again, but Cordelia was needed for the swordbreaker mage. Cherche could have killed him, but I was too lazy to grind support. 

@Alkaid @Alexmender @Zeo @kirauza343 @Charmeleonbrah @Usana @Cute Chao @tobuShogi @DLNarshen @LordFrigid @Infinite Dreams @Rafiel's Aria @Ginko @Poimagic @NegativeExponents- 

On 14.1.2018 at 12:33 PM, Hilda said:

Oliver vs Askrtrio & Fjorm Infernal!

No skill Inheritance
F2P Five Star units: Askrunits upgraded to 5 Star and Fjorm as an arward from Book II
You can replace the +2 Attack Sacred Seal by giving Fjorm Summoner Suppoert S and ally support with Alfonse or Anna, which lets her still kill the Red Tome user

as allwaye enjoy!

for anyone struggling to clear with F2P and killing Oliver with Anna. Quoting my Vid from the last time

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid As cool as always, this one was pretty straightfoward but it was funny to see how Oliver was backed into a corner unable to do anything while his goons got destroyed in a flash! 

Didn't see your post in time. Wow, Eirika takes out even the Saphire Lance without ever risiking to get killed, good work! Oliver himself wasn't the biggest threat. Good luck getting SPD tactic soon! (I also want that skill for Cherche). 

Yeah, Oliver must have been very desperate in both of our clears. :-)