Beautiful Hero Battle: Oliver

SatsumaFSoysoy

On 6/19/2018 at 1:43 AM, Ginko said:

That trench tile waste me 3 turns for positioning but everything else turn out well. Only G.tomebreaker scare that green mage away and it's not even close to take Shiro down. Enjoy watching ^^

That green mage was no match for your Shiro! Your Shiro and Siegbert look strong enough to take on anything!

On 6/19/2018 at 4:34 AM, Rafiel's Aria said:

I was going to wait to do a hero team clear, but I needed a reason to put off doing my dishes a little longer. lol Don't worry. I did them while the video was uploading. Felt like the same strategy as always. XD Stack up Lucius's ATK, jump in, retreat, and pick everyone else off. Raven was just there to cheer on Lucius who I'm 90% Oliver mistook for a heron. Raven has" kindly" asked him to rejoin the enemy.

I wasn't expecting Lucius to be able to ORKO so many of the enemies, I wonder if he's starting to make Raven feel a little inadequate?

22 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

I apparently did infernal with fliers last time, so I decided to solve it with my regular ladies this time around.

Awesome clear! It's cool to see Marisa so good at tanking considering she wasn't very good at it in Sacred Stones.

13 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I took a pretty similar approach, I actually forgot that the red mage had Swordbreaker, which was a little awkward. Fortunately Minerva is amazing.

You and mampfoid have really strong teams! Your Galeforce clears are really fun to watch, especially because I know I'll probably never have that many highly merged Galeforce units myself.

Here's my attempt at a video; Julia is a very effective counter to many of the enemies on this map, so the rest of the team just had to help take out the red units.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Garlyle Good luck then! Infernal should be manageable, Olivers map is considered one of the easier GHBs. 

/Edit: 

13 minutes ago, Radiant Dragon said:

Here's my clear; Julia is a very effective counter to many of the enemies on this map, so the rest of the team just had to help take out the red units.

Nice clear, Sothe and Julia sweep this map! I don't see many Morgans in clears, it was a welcome change. 

14 minutes ago, Radiant Dragon said:

You and mampfoid have really strong teams! Your Galeforce clears are really fun to watch, especially because I know I'll probably never have that many highly merged Galeforce units myself.

Those merges are not necessary to have fun with Galeforce or even to try a One Turn Clear. Checking my GF project post, you'll see that only my arena core units (BH!Roy, Cherche and Cordelia) are heavily merged (admittedly I'm using them often in my clears). 

Edited by mampfoid

On 6/20/2018 at 8:16 PM, Radiant Dragon said:

That green mage was no match for your Shiro! Your Shiro and Siegbert look strong enough to take on anything!

You flatter me but thanks anyways. To be honest, my team is weak to any map that have too many magic units. I just got lucky, he would die if he got double.

Your clear is good too, clearing with unfinished build units can guide other newbies to these infernal maps with cheapest way.

Edited by Ginko

oliver was so beautiful that i had hector walk up to him and help tenderize him.

The rest of the army didn't care for DB!Reinhardt, B!Lyn, and flying azura. Lyn had res tactics seal, azura had drive attack seal. 

@mampfoid Even Oliver’s radiant beauty couldn’t stop your team from steamrolling him and his goons. Great to see that trenches didn’t stop you from using Roy.

@Rafiel's Aria Lucius being able one round the dragon was crazy! And with a low might weapon like Pain+ of all things. I wouldn’t have expected a unit being able to do that without WTA in their favor. Seeing Micaiah wall that magic dish out some punishment of her own was pretty great too.

@kirauza343 That was such a cool opener with Marisa! I never see cancel affinity on colored units but great use of it to bypass the Sapphire Lance. Not to mention that guidance from Cherche to quickly get out.

@Radiant Dragon That was a neat clear. It’s always interesting seeing clears where units have been stripped of most of their skills. Such an unorthodox team too. I’m not used to seeing any of those units except Azura.

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@mampfoid Even Oliver’s radiant beauty couldn’t stop your team from steamrolling him and his goons. Great to see that trenches didn’t stop you from using Roy.

In reality my units had a hard time, since Olivers close resemblance to their summoner was very confusing. 

@mampfoid Your clear of this map was more straightforward than I thought it would be. I also didn't think you would field Roy because of the trenches but hey, that's what positioning skills are for. 

Here's an old clear of this BHB. I think it was around that time when they started adding more Special Maps than just the daily rotations and a GHB/BHB.

Took 4 turns of setup due to the trenches limiting cavalry movement but things went pretty smoothly after the units were in place. Turn 4 was used to move Reinhardt a tile south of Camus to manipulate the AI movement. For some reason, if Reinhardt wasn't close to the group, it changes how Oliver moves and I need him on the trench tile on turn 6 so I can take him out at range to allow Roy to finish off the remaining 2 enemies. 

Edited by tobuShogi

@tobuShogi Yeah, nothing too spectacular this time. I fear also Lyons GHB rerun will look similar (with Elincia instead of Roy though), perhaps the new legendary map will force me to think of some new stuff. 

Your clear was nice, it's always good to see Roy doing his GF job. Never saw Camus tanking a green dragon though, congratulations! 

On 1/14/2018 at 2:22 AM, NegativeExponents- said:

This was fairly easy. Beat infernal the second time around (Dorcas got ohko by Oliver the first time :facepalm:)

Hide contents

Idk why IS decided a trench tile on the enemy side would be a good idea but it’s the reason I can use Fir to take down the dragon stone user so whatever.

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Zeo @Rafiel's Aria

Finally got around to doing a clear of this map. Didn’t expect to be revisiting the first GHB I recorded so soon. Not much has really changed from before other than they all have more HM than they used to. Fir has probably seen the most change with her new weapon and distant counter. Fjorm has ditched ice mirror and shield pulse. Dorcas is still vanilla but I like his set as it is. Matthew is running the same set as before and no longer has summoner support. I don’t mind it though since it’s just what works best in this team and they get stuff done.

Fir and Matthew see more use this time around instead of just standing on the sidelines. There was a few ways of doing this but what I really wanted was for Fir to be able to take care of the red mage and green dragon on the first turn. It took some trial and error but I got it to work.

——————————————

I also decided to do another one because why not?

This was a bit more difficult but fun to do. The biggest issue was preventing the green mage from doubling Oliver or having Oliver#2 and the green mage gang up against Oliver. I’m a bit disappointed I couldn’t really figure out how to get Oliver to battle Oliver#2 without someone dying. I could’ve probably done it if I had a spare Merric or Oboro but oh well.

On 6/20/2018 at 6:16 AM, Radiant Dragon said:

Thanks! That was a nice clear yourself - I liked that Swap at the end.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Rezzy @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao @Vaximillian @NegativeExponents- @Ginko @Poimagic 

Oliver is greatly disappointed the beautiful Herons aren't in Heroes yet, so he has to make do with the next best beautiful birds- two Kinshis, a Feh doll and a dragon on a pegasus (Closest thing to a flying feathered refresher like the Herons!)

-Admittedly I've cleared this in a few different ways yesterday morning but completely forgot the exact steps so I had to make do with this one.

-Ninian's Chill Atk is a really great support skill. Chill Atk + Close Defense + Ryoma's Def boon allowed him to survive the Sapphire Lance. Close Def was also important in surviving the green manakete.

-Walls blocking Ryoma's path? Kinoka's Flier Guidance laughs at the walls as Ryoma...err...flies through the wall to be with his sister?

-Kinoka being -Atk is fixed by Goad Flier support and her Atk/Spd Bond. Distant Def was also important in tanking mages and Ninian's song was needed to break through the lance cavalier's Bowbreaker.

- @mampfoid Amusingly, my Oliver finds himself backed in a corner! But at least he helps in the final turn!

-Ninian could have finished Oliver off (and unleashed his beautiful damaged art) but this time I let Kinoka deal the final blow and was rewarded with more feathers for the Beautiful Feathers team!

Edited by mcsilas

@NegativeExponents- That's a lot of ways to clear this map. I like the combination of DC Fir and CC Matthew to tank each side of the map, both getting pretty low on health. 

Also the last approach is nice. I was waiting for Oliver's Lancebreaker to come into play, since you kept him with enough HP in the beginning, but Niles robbed the kill. The double owl looks good on Oliver (one to cover his bald head), I'm still undecided if to go Raven or Owl with him. 

@mcsilas You really brought the beautiful heroes I'm missing . Oliver isn't really cornered, he is enjoying the show and is waiting patiencely to be part of the final act. 

Flier Guidance is now officially something I need, could become handy to beam units in who still needs something else on B than WoM. 

Congratulations to both of you!

Also I forgot to put team/music details on the video post, but I can't seem to edit the post anymore :/

Team is 4 star neutral Oliver, +Def/-Atk Kinshi Hinoka, +Def/-Spd Legendary Ryoma and +Atk/-HP Bridal Ninian. 

Music is "An Improvised Concerto" from the King of Fighters XI soundtrack

@mampfoid Do not worry, for you have Oliver in your avatar and feathered beauties will flock to you in due time! I hope they release Flier Guidance as a seal in the future though!

@Rafiel's Aria Yeah this map really benefits from those positioning skills. Always satisfying to see Restanks like Micaiah and Lucius shrug off magic!

@NegativeExponents- I like how you used units like Niles and Jakob, and nice use of Draw Back there to close in on Oliver!

Edited by mcsilas

21 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

@mcsilas

Would Lucius not count? He probably would have been a heron had he been in the Tellius games xD

If he had feathers maybe! If he had Priscilla's headband...or maybe the Feh accessory haha

Now I want Libra as well since he looks similar

It's actually easier since Lucius can actually heal Ryoma after that initiating turn. I might record it over the weekend when I have more time :D

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

If he had feathers maybe! If he had Priscilla's headband...or maybe the Feh accessory haha

Now I want Libra as well since he looks similar

It's actually easier since Lucius can actually heal Ryoma after that initiating turn. I might record it over the weekend when I have more time :D

Libra, Lucius, Rafiel and Midir (who looks nothing like the other three but is easily mistaken as female by many). I think those are the main trio of beautiful guys xD Or at least, those are the ones that confused me and my friends (I was confused my Lucius and Midir, my friend was certain Rafiel was just an oddly drawn Leanne... and Libra is more because of his game but he does look a bit like a manlier looking Lucius xD )

I wonder why I had so much trouble with infernal back then. I've used my same main team and they'd hardly gave me any trouble. I'm now training beauty incarnate himself

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@Ginko Argh, everybody wants to make me pull more from the summer banner. Your team is very cool, only Cordelia forgot her beach dress and has only a visiting role. 

You know? I ask myself many times before I pulling for these two. THIS IS MY FUTURE SHIRO'S ORBS!!!. But I let this time slide for once because I really need a strong red mage flier and Innes's abs make me "cannot help but look" like he said lol.

Edited by Ginko

3 minutes ago, Ginko said:

You know? I ask myself many times before I pulling for these two. THIS IS MY FUTURE SHIRO'S ORBS!!!. But I let this time slide for once because I really need a strong red mage flier and Innes's abs make me "cannot help but look" like he said lol.

Yeah, I'm bad at saving orbs. If Roy will be on the next Legendary banner I'll bite myself, but I just got me a Summer Cordelia. I hope I can show her off in one of my clears. 

So, it occurs to me that the last time this map was around, I didn't do a clear where only Caeda fights (I came close, but needed Robin to beat up the Lance Cav).

Time to fix that:

Spoiler

40/50 buffed defenses, on a defense tile. Aw yeah.

Random side note: I'm thinking of running that team in Arena next week, but with Myrrh instead of Ike (which is why Sharena has been given some high-scoring stuff).