Who's your best unit in any Fire Embem Game?

indigoasis

The most broken unit I ever had in an FE wold probably be Orsin from Thracia. Mine was very blessed (Plus some scroll abuse here and there) and by virtue of having the pugi, he was a MVP from the very beginning to the end. He had 20 in every stat except magic I think.

Another one would be my Niles in one of my runs in Conquest, which was out of pure favouritism.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one unit that I remember that never failed me in was Oboro in my Birthright and Revelation playthroughs. In both games, she proved to a very strong tank who could deal heavy damage while withstanding a majority of physical attacks. All she needed was a Guard Naginata, and she was pretty much set. It was thanks to that weapon she could even take on mages rather well.

Seth from Sacred Stones also proved to quite a monster as well. He was my go-to unit whenever things went awry. No surprise that Sacred Stones gets the nickname "Seth Emblem" because of strong he is throughout the game.

Edited by Erureido

Fiora and Farina from my last completed FE7 playthrough. It's such a shame Farina's Strength cap is so low, otherwise she'd be even stronger.

ADJ2B1lm.png

LPa1dJEm.png

From my last FE6 campaign, Milady was a flying tank.

HcMSmVVm.png

There was also Lilina. Although her stats weren't particularly special, she had so much raw power that she was one-rounding Manaketes without Forblaze.

Sj8Dhaam.png

I'm also obligated to mention best daughteru Grandmaster Morgan. Armsthrift + forged Brave Sword + forged Celica's Gale = annihilation of everything.

I always felt Xander was so damn useful. I could use him to literally take 0 damage from enemies on Hard difficulty, and if there was magic you could always just position him so that he gets guard stance. I used him to tank so many things when I was farming for the Aether Scroll in Vanguard Dawn or whatever the DLC was called. Ryoma is my other amazing unit because he always clutches, and pairing him up with Camilla always gave him a decent boost to his Def and Res so that he could survive 2-3 hits from enemies. I think I can brag about all of the nobles from Fates all day actually. They were just amazing in all routes. Also a couple of children and other characters who deserve honorable mentions: Selena (very decent with some work), Beruka (give her Ryoma's Club and she wrecks everything, and takes 0 physical damage as well), Caeldori (as a general she was my best unit for online battles), Midori (same as Caeldori pretty much), and Saizo (sort of).

In Awakening pretty much every unit could be made good thanks to almost no restrictions on class changes...etc. Of course some stand out units were Cordelia, Donnel, Lucina, Cynthia, and actually... yeah there's just so many. 

As for Genealogy, Sigurd is the one of the most OP lords. Plus there's Lex, and plus there's Ayra. And then there's Olwen. Plenty more too, but I can't name them all.

There were too many good ones to boil it down to just one, so I'll just list them all. yes, I am cheating! Shut up!

FE6: Fae. She was the only one doing any decent damage during the game's final final chapter. Without her, I'd have been screwed royally.

FE7: This is the game that made me appreciate the usefulness of fliers. Florina and Heath turned into literal gods by the end.

FE8: Eirika got RNG-blessed to hell and back. But in the end, Myrrh was the one who solo'ed the final boss and carried most of the last few chapters.

FE9: Mia. She basically carried the entire run from the moment she joined.

FE10: See FE9 entry

FE11: Shiida. She insta-killed almost every boss with her forged Wing Spear. Best unit in Shadow Dragon, for sure.

FE12: Kris, because Kris is broken af

FE13: Nowi, Robin!Nah, and Nowi!Morgan all deserve to be here. These three were the reason I was able to complete my first run of Awakening (yes, I sucked that badly back then)

FE14 Birthright: Can you spell Hana!Kana?

FE14 Conquest: Thank you for existing, Velouria, you broken wolf girl, you!

FE14 Revelation: See Birthright

FE15 Alm's Route: Faye, the healer who is simultaneously the tankiest being on the entire damn continent of Valentia. Making her a Cleric and keeping her close to Alm broke his side of the story until the finale of Act 3 in half. And then Delthea joined...
The tank and the nuke. Alm is such a lucky guy.

FE15 Celica's Route: I have gone on record stating that Celica is the best unit in the game. I still stand by that. She is capable of dispatching most foes by herself, especially if she has a Blessed or Lady Sword equipped.

• 1 month later...

I'am going with Morgan for awakening she/he is absurde , they can do whatever you want them to do with no effort.

Ryoma from birthright is also insane, give him lancebreaker and boom, you win the game ( exept if you want to have fun and use the other unit ).

And for Conquest/ revelation Velouria. I'am doing a lunatic conquest and she obliterate everything , she save my ass for chapter 21 because she can one round all of the faceless and survive the stone-dude with no effort (and self Healing so your healer are not in danger of the stone-dude) and for some reason her crit avoid his the highest  on my armies and she was also insane in heir of fate. It wouldn't surprise me if she can survive the ninja endless debuff of chapter 25. And for the other game no unit where godlike like them( Lute from Sacred Stone is close but not enough, and i never use Seth)

I can't think of a single time that Gilliam, Cormag, and Lute have not been the reason I complete Sacred Stones. 

Gilliam please come to FEH I love you ;-;

There has not been an Awakening playthrough where I haven't married Gaius, and where he hasn't carried me through pretty much every map.

The man's insane. I pair him up with MU and watch him go, critting everything with Killing Edges and Killer Bows. He can dodge most attacks as well, so he's basically unstoppable when I use him.

Edited:

Shadow Dragon- Barst, Merric, Caeda, Catria

Blazing Blade- Hector, Oswin

Sacred Stones- Joshua, L'Arachel

Awakening- Sumia, Chrom, Avatar

Fates- Kaze, Xander, Elise

Echoes (Alm's Path)- Delthea, Kliff (Bow Knight), Lukas (Bow Knight w/ Pitchfork)

Echoes (Celica's Path)- Boey (Bow Kngiht w/Pitchfork), Palla, Catria

Heroes- A!Tiki, Tailtiu, Reinhardt, Celica (Red Tome), Elincia, Cherche, Cordelia, Black Knight, Brave Hector, L!Azura

Edited by NSSKG151

Hmm... For this I'm gonna have to say Azama from my Revelations Playthrough of Fates.

He was nearly unstoppable, most attacks would deal one damage to him, and he had a skill where he recovered health each turn, easily undoing any damage he might take, and I gave him a strong weapon, so he could usually make quick work of most enemies that got in his way.

I've only played the 3DS games for main series games, so forgive me if I am off the mark completely, but I think the main character of each game is... probably destined to be super good. I, of course, refer to Chrom, Corrin and Alm, and I'll also lump Robin and Celica in there since they're both amazing too. I'm less sure about the fates royals since they're not all perfect (and I've only played Birthright anyway), but sure. Them as well. 

I do hear Roy isn't good at all, though. So maybe he's an exception or maybe I'm just wrong all over the place... I need to play an older FE someday.

I'd say Henry is really good in Awakening, but that might just be because I always S support him with my avatar. Lon'qu, who my avatar has never even gone near, does stay consistently useful from when you get him for me. That's not just because of the Killing Edge, although... yeah, it is pretty useful. I always make sure he has one (even if it's not equipped) because I've come to associate it with him.

In a similar boat is Saber in SoV, except Saber was better. He might even have gone beyond Alm, but I haven't played SoV through fully since my first playthrough (yeah rip) and last time I played I accidentally saved over my first finished file. Kliff was also really useful, so it could just be the Myrmidon thing, but Saber was twice as good and I don't think I would have had half as easy a time on Celica's route without him.

Not counting the main character thing, I feel like every character is at least a little good (or equally helpless) in fates. Warriors, it's not as easy to have a character better than everyone else, but my Cordelia was great.

On 6/21/2018 at 5:41 PM, nosef said:

Ryoma from birthright is also insane, give him lancebreaker and boom, you win the game ( exept if you want to have fun and use the other unit ).

In other words, when the game is already practically over, because Lancebreaker is a level 15 skill. Also, that requires having him marry one specific unit who is rather terrible.

8 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

In other words, when the game is already practically over, because Lancebreaker is a level 15 skill. Also, that requires having him marry one specific unit who is rather terrible.

Skill inheritance is a thing to 

30 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Skill inheritance is a thing to 

And I tend to not factor it in when it comes to unit discussions because I could apply that to anyone.

This list is based on personal experience only  and isn't rated on how good they are in actuality

FE 6: Sophia turned out quite good for me, especially considered she's the the second worst unit in the series (after Lol 8 def armour knight) but she turned out really well for me in one  playthrough ( good being a relative term for a unit like sophia.) Outside of Sophia,  Milady, Roy, Sue and Linnia all won the RNG lottery.

Fe 7: Speed blessed Hector trivializes the game, also Sain, Pent and Rebecca and Marcus  got RNG blessed.

Fe 8: On one file Natasha has 15 def and  22 res so yeah pretty durable, and of course Seth the one man army

Fe 13: Avatar!Lucina is a goddess in human form, always. First gen wise, Tharja scoffs at enemy phase in my current lunatic run

Fe 14: outside of the royals who are always good, Odin, Effie, Nyx and Beruka all turned out fantastic in my latest conquest playthrough

Fe 15:  ( this doesn't include Celica or Alm since thier a given) Cleric!Faye blew everyone out of the water in in cumulative stats, of which she has 273 if i'm not mistaken. Otherwise Sonya, Delthea, Mae, Lukas and Matilda are also OP.

Artur in SC, made him a Sage over Bishop and boi did he impress, not as impressive as Saleh but dang did my Artur crit a lot even using a Shine tome. But other than him I'd say Gerik since I promoted him at level 10 but dang did he still kicked ass, way more than my Joshua even.

• 2 weeks later...

Gordin.

In about 20 or so playthroughs combined of 1/3/11/12, Gordin is either completely stat blessed for me, or just always seems to get that crit or dodge when it's needed the most. 

Gordin is my lucky star, and it would be no lie to say I'd pick him in my army over Sigurd. He just always works for me, and will always be a mandatory unit for me. Lil' guy has earned it. 

In games where the main Lord is trash, I always try my best to make him/her a beast, recently, I've been playing FE6 and Roy did useful things while unpromoted!

Also if there's a magical girl that I ended liking, I end up using them for favoritism, happened with Lute and Ilyana (for both of her appearances)

Heath in FE7 got super strong and ever since I loved him because of that (and since he is on a wyvern which is cooler than a pegasus or falcon).
Also Nino as my username implies.

5b3c2feb604d9_HeathOP.PNG.cf76d38556d52c6df760f2e970c188b2.PNG  Maybe not super strong and certainly not blessed but was still very strong

5b3c3074ac436_NinoOP.PNG.a06432dea6df3393445863f16d7799be.PNG  But this Nino she is +5 HP, -1 Mag, +1 Skill, +0 Spd, +0 Luck, +5 Def and +0 Res. That magic pisses me off but Damn she's good.

I had an amazing Eliwood in my first FE7 playthrough, these were his stats before promotion. Pretty decent lol Funnily enough he ended up with more strength than Hector lol Needless to say Eliwood was fucking broken.

Edited by Kubson

• 2 weeks later...

FE3: Jubelo actually, his 50% magic growth really kicked in, and ended up being my best mage (and best unit period). A shame that both Merric and Linde have exclusive weapons, and in Merric's case, being necessary to get Elice back.

FE5: Orsin/Finn/Machuya - I have a hard time choosing, all three of them ended up so goooood.

FE6: Roy, of all people, by jackpotting the RNG roulette and capping Str and Def (and nearly capping Spd) before promoting. Enjoy your spotlight, cause you deserve it.

Other that Roy, there's also Sue, who ended up maxing both SPD and Luck, hesulting in an unhittable, arrow spewing beast.

FE7: Blegh. EVERYONE got screwed one way or another. Except Isadora, who at least avoided her usual stat problems, and got good.

FE8: Bless the orange knight. That is, Amelia.

FE9: Hard to choose, I'll just that say that it sure as hell NOT IKE (that 14 Str by endgame ffs).

FE10: Fiona + Volug, the inseparable duo with about 100 avoid. I was pleasantly surprised by both.

FE11: Frey, cause Frey SMASH. He ended up being my top guy. Sadly, he's beaten to death on Hard :(

FE12: Phina, HOLY SHIT. She ended up with capped Str, Spd and Luck by about CHAPTER 16. Just HOW did she do that is beyond me.

FE3DS - never played, cause I don't have a 3DS.

FE4: Uhhh, hard to say. Probably Ced with Forseti to give a very boring answer (the only real downside is he lacks a horse in Horse Emblem), but really you get so many absurd units in that game, and the eugenics system means you can have your God Units customised to your liking. Yet another reason I love this game.

FE5: I'm going to go a bit different in this answer and say Karin. Now, she's not necessarily the best combat unit (although she's far from bad in that respect), but when I last played she got insanely MOVE-blessed (gotta love having a Move growth, however miniscule it is), she had something like 13-14 Move by the end of the game. As a utility unit, she basically outdid everyone without a staff to their name.

FE6: I haven't played this game since like 2008 so my memory is fuzzy. But I remember Rutger being pretty good.

FE7: Lots of great candidates here. I'd say Canas and/or Athos has the edge because Luna is just that broken, but if we discount that, I'm honestly not sure. Lucius has never let me down though.

FE8: So many great units. Probably Seth, because this was my second FE I pretty much soloed the game with him because I didn't know better. But even then, some people call the game Seth Emblem for a reason.

FE9: Ike, easily. Not because the other units are bad, far from it, but because Ike is just that good. Though the luck-based Black Knight battle is a strike against him I guess.

FE10: Very difficult to say, as I've had quite a few units (off the top of my head, those include Micaiah, Soren, Kurthnaga, and Nolan) cap everything. If we're not including the Laguz Royals, I think Nolan with everything capped is truly terrifying. Give him a Crossbow and Dragonfoe, and watch him slaughter everything in 4-E3 aside from the big man himself.

FE13: Probably Female Morgan, though I've not played this game in years so my memory's fuzzy.

FE15: Delthea probably, though she's a glass cannon which hinders her somewhat. On Celica's path, Saber was probably one of the most useful.

Overall: Impossible to say.

Edited by Bishop Rodan