Which game did you play first? Do you like each lord?

Which game first and do you like the Lord?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Did you play PoR or RD first and do you like the lords or hate them?

• I played PoR first and like Micaiah
    • I played PoR first and hate Micaiah
    • I played PoR first and like Ike
    • I played PoR first and hate Ike
    • I played PoR first and am ambivalent
    • I played RD first and like Micaiah
    • I played RD first and hate Micaiah
    • I played RD first and like Ike
    • I played RD first and hate Ike
    • I played RD first and am ambivalent

So I read something on another site that got me really curious. Basically what someone said was that people who played RD before PoR tended to have a higher opinion of Micaiah and hate Ike and those who played PoR before RD tend to have a higher opinion of Ike and hate Micaiah. Now this is the only place I know of with a huge concentration of FE fans that have played these games so I figured I would do a quick poll here to ask.

What are your thoughts? :)

I played RD first, it was my first FE actually.

My opinion is basically:

Micaiah is, tied with Roy, my favorite lord in the franchise.

Ike is the most hated non-avatar lord to me.  

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Played them in order too, and went with "ambivalent", wishy-washy as that may be. I do like Ike in PoR, but significantly less so in RD, while I don't really enjoy Micaiah all that much. She's fine in part one, but I don't like how she switches to blind loyalty in part three. Her design is really good, though.

Edited by ping

47 minutes ago, ping said:

Played them in order too, and went with "ambivalent", wishy-washy as that may be. I do like Ike in PoR, but significantly less so in RD, while I don't really enjoy Micaiah all that much. She's fine in part one, but I don't like how she switches to blind loyalty in part three. Her design is really good, though.

I put ambivalent because I know some people don't care one way or the other and I wanted them to have an option too so don't worry about that :D

Overall this has been really interesting so far and thanks everyone for your responses!

I personally played RD first and I love Micaiah and like Ike.

I played RD first and I did not like Ike very much, his game is PoR and he should have been a minor character in RD.  My first play through I went out of my way to use the dawn brigade because Ike and his crew made me mad while I was playing.  I did not kill them off because I  have to have everyone alive, but the moment I could stop using them I did and I refused to use Ike in the tower except for the places where you have to.  I like Iked Ike in PoR when I played it, but he was not good in RD and the way he was shoved in and stole the spotlight never has sat well with me.  I like Micky, she is not my top favorite but she is in the top 5.

I played PoR and then RD and I liked Ike a lot in PoR but I feel like he lost some of his character in Radiant Dawn, but maybe that's just me. I didn't dislike Micaiah at all, I actually liked her for the most part. My only problem with her was that she didn't really get enough speed and then all the way at the end it felt the writing got lazy and they tried to do too much with her all at once. Overall I still like Micaiah as a character, but she definitely isn't one of my favorites.

20 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I played first RD, I LOVE Micaiah, my opinions about Ike vary everyday.

Same. If this thread was made two weeks ago, I'd probably say Ike sucks but today I'm indifferent. A few months ago, I'd have said I like him lol. Maybe in a few months, I'll like him again. 

My personal theory is that those who play RD are more likely to like Micaiah than those who played PoR first. On the other hand, those who played PoR first are more likely to like Ike than those who played RD first. 

Started with PoR back when it was first released and then moved on to RD upon its release.

Neither lord am I big on. I don't think I ever was a major Ike fan, even in PoR; nor did I playing RD the first time notice the issue of Micaiah getting sidelined. I'll praise their good characteristics and ignore the rest. Never hated Ike for his reappearance in RD and I consider it to have been unavoidable that he would have shown up once more, though I see grounds for disikeing it.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Never hated Ike for his reappearance in RD and I consider it to have been unavoidable that he would have shown up once more, though I see grounds for disikeing it.

I see what you did there.

On a related note, looking back it's obvious he was gonna show up, it's more the favoritism he's shown that I think is disliked.

Just now, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

On a related note, looking back it's obvious he was gonna show up, it's more the favoritism he's shown that I think is disliked.

Ike not getting involved in a continental war would be really weird, given his occupation is mercenary. Not to mention of course his personal connections to the elite in numerous countries.

There is no denying though that the Part 2 introduction was a spotlight steal. But at the same time, it'd be anticlimatic if the GMs save of Lucia was low key, and that'd be in direct opposition to the moment that preceded it- Elincia letting Lucia die. Not good for ending a storyline to do it on a low note. And for anyone who played PoR first and wasn't asking for the GMs to impaled on poles Wallachian style (the pastime of the historical man who became immortalized as the vampire Dracula), it must be kinda happy nostalgic.

As a silver haired lining for Part 3, try looking at it as, until Chapter 11 (when Ike gets elevated by Sanaki) let's say, as not really being about Ike himself. Ike shows up, he talks, he's playable, but he isn't the main actor in Part 3 within the Laguz Alliance. He didn't make the call for war with Begnion, he doesn't command the army, he just follows orders and offers his resources. Skrimir, Tibarn, Ranulf, they're just are as much if not more drivers of the plot than he is. And Skrimir, a totally new character to RD who never appeared in PoR, gets solid character development that continues to be manifested in Part 4. Tibarn and Ranulf admittedly suffer from Ike's issue of not undergoing development (at least Ranulf is pretty likable to me).

5 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

RD first, like Ike, absolutely hate Micaiah.

One thousand percent with you, man. 

PoR contains a "coming of age" kind of storyline where Ike basically learns everything about combat, corruption, racism, loss, etc. He's simply a boy learning to be a man, warrior, and leader. His stat growths are also higher than most of his friends, so he's a solid unit as well. 

Micaiah, however as we find later in the story, is actually not a teenager. She is older than she looks, yet is painfully naive. She was around during the war in PoR, and probably was around during the time Ashnard slaughtered his family and rose to power. She has witnessed much more than Ike and most of his friends, but she still lacks emotional maturity. To add to this, she doesn't contain the SPD stat PoR Ike does, so I never even bother training her up without BEXP. Also, she complains whenever Sothe mentions Ike, and it makes me mad. :)

When Ike appears in Part 3, he is no longer a boy. Some can argue that he is too perfect in personality to be considered interesting, which isn't far from the truth. But I think that a lot of people are simply missing the point. Ike is now a hero, both ins class and in Tellius-status. He now leads a group of mercenaries that he has grown acquaintance with has attracted the attention of the antagonist(not villian)Black Knight as a great swordsman. Who is identical to RD Ike in PoR I wonder? Uhh... it's Greil, his father. What I know from PoR: Greil was a great man who treated his friends like family, and his wife (Elena, methinks?) was a woman of great compassion and understanding. Ike is clearly being portrayed as someone who has grown up and turned out to be much like his parents. More proof of this, Ike's physical appearance looks significantly more like Greil in RD than in PoR. 

Micaiah is boring and I just use Edward and Nolan for Part 1.

I played RD first and I liked Ike and didn't particularly care for Micaiah. I liked the Dawn Brigade but found using such a fragile unit (Micaiah) tedious and annoying.

Why I liked Ike:

1) Blue Hair (blue is my favorite color)

2) Wields a Greatsword one-handed

3) Hits hard

4) Can take a hit

5) Doesn't take any nonsense from anybody 

Why Micaiah wasn't my favourite:

1) She's a mage

2) She can't double

3) Has very poor amounts of HP which hinders the usefulness of her personal skill

4) Gets either one shotted or one rounded by everybody who can get to her

Things I liked about Micaiah

1) Doesn't let Izuka (I call him lord Wormtongue) boss her around

2) Comes from a common background (not of noble upbringing)

3) Is a branded (wish this had been expanded upon further)

4) I like her personal skill sacrifice and her Thani bomb tome

When I played FE10 for the first time (before 9) I absolutely despised Micaiah while I loved Ike gameplaywise. Micaiah was slow and fragile while Ike was a physical monster.

Tbf it still applies, but it's not only that. The main reason for their massive spike in terms of using is the poor as weird balance in this game. There's no real difficulty jump in this game. The DB has the toughest enemies and Micky has no authority stars which makes things more complicated.

Personalitywise I like Micky way more than Ike for obvious reasons.

I played RD first. I dislike Ike somewhat and am indifferent to Micaiah.

The funny thing is, I got into FE mostly because I thought Ike was so cool in my middle school days. Also, the only game that was easily accessible to me at the time happened to be RD.