Gunnthrá, Voice of Dreams

XRay

Gunnthrá, Voice of Dreams

My Little Pony enthusiast here (I watched the first few episodes and it was actually pretty decent)! Gunnthrá is the green ranged cavalry that pony teams deserve.

With decent Attack and Speed, she is a far better offensive pony than Cecilia. With her default set, Blizzard and Chilling Seal allow Gunnthrá to tackle tough magic walls, and lining them up with Res Ploy will make that job even easier if it activates. She can also run Gronnblade for a more consistent offensive option.

Level 40 stats:
HP: 33/37/40
Atk: 28/31/34
Spd: 30/33/36
Def: 15/19/22
Res: 22/25/29
Total: 144~146

Default skills:
Weapon: Blizzard
Assist: [none]
Special: Glacies
Passive A: Fortress Res 3
Passive B: Chilling Seal
Passive C: Res Ploy 3

Blizzard:
General use, Arena Assault

Spoiler

Nature: [+Atk/Spd/Res, -HP/Def/Res]

Blizzard
Reposition
Moonbow / Iceberg / Luna
Fury 3 / Swift Sparrow 2
Chilling Seal
Res Ploy 3 / Hone Cavalry / Fortify Cavalry / [flexible passive C]
Def Ploy 3 / Attack +3 / Speed +3 / Resistance +3 / Heavy Blade 3 / Quickened Pulse

With a little modification to her standard.

Fury 3 — Res Ploy 3 — Def Ploy 3/Resistance +3: While 31/34 Resistance (neutral, Blizzard, Fury, Def Ploy/Resistance +3) is not enough to reliably debuff magic walls, it is more than enough to debuff everything else. Running Chilling Wind and Ploy together allows her to potentially debuff two enemies, giving Gunnthrá more offensive flexibility.

Savage Blow 3: This allows her to take down groups of enemies faster in Tempest Trials.

Budget:

Fortress Res 3: I personally do not think the drop in Attack justifies being able to debuff enemies slightly more reliably; see the spoiler below for more details. She does come with Fortress Res as her default skill, so it is the cheapest budget option as it is free.

Spoiler

Fury is a little less reliable than Fortress Res in activating Res Ploy, but Fury does 6 more damage per hit compared to Fortress Res if Res Ploy does not activate, and 1 more damage per hit if Res Ploy activates for Fortress Res but not for Fury.

Res Ploy does not activate:
Fury — damage (+3)
Fortress Res — damage (-3)
(+3) - (-3) = 6

Res Ploy activates for Fortress Res only:
Fury — damage (+3)
Fortress Res — damage (-3) + (+5) = (+2)
(+3) - (+2) = 1

Gronnblade:
General use, Arena offense, Arena Assault

Spoiler

Nature: [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res]

Gronnblade+
Reposition
[flexible Special] / Glimmer / Moonbow
Swift Sparrow 2 / Brazen Atk/Spd 3 / Life and Death 3 / Fury 3
Desperation 3
Hone Cavalry / Fortify Cavalry / [flexible passive C]
Attack +3 / Speed +3 / Heavy Blade 3 / Quickened Pulse / Savage Blow 3

This is your standard Gronnblade set.

Savage Blow 3: This allows her to take down groups of enemies faster in Tempest Trials.

Edited by XRay

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Now with the Def Ploy seal, Gunnthra is able to debuff every single stat on an enemy with Res Ploy, Def Ploy S and Chilling Seal for a total of +22 bonus damage for Blizzard. I think that's worth mentioning.

Thanks for mentioning it. I completely forgot about it. I will add that in.