What do you think of my Team?

What do you think of my team?

For Erika's Route: 

• Eirika [Seiglinde] (B: Seth)
  • Seth [Audhulma] (A: Franz B: Eirika)
  • Franz: Paladin (A: Seth)
  • Vanessa: Wyvern Knight [Vidofnir] (A: Moulder)
  • Moulder: Bishop [Latona] (A: Vanessa)
  • Artur: Bishop [Ivaldi] (A: Tethys)
  • Tethys (A: Artur)
  • Saleh [Excalibur] (No Supports)

For Ephraim's Route: 

• Seth [Audhulma] (A: Franz B: Eirika)
  • Franz: Paladin (A: Seth)
  • Vanessa: Wyvern Knight [Vidofnir] (A: Moulder)
  • Moulder: Bishop [Latona] (A: Vanessa)
  • Artur: Bishop [Ivaldi] (A: Tethys)
  • Ephraim [Seigmund] (A: Duessel)
  • Duessel [Garm] (A: Ephraim)
  • Tethys (A: Artur)

And some questions:

For Eirika's Route, I'm still using Erika cause I'd rather baby her than gimp another unit rescuing her or having to protect her. But in Ephraim's, Eirika isn't required except in the last chapter (I THINK) so I'm not going to use her. But still, let me know if I should.

Should I use Gerik? He takes some babying, but he can hold his own as an un-promote extremely well, and he his growths are insane. (They're very similar to Franz)

Should I use Tana or Cormag? If so, in which route?

Should I use Artur? I know he has good growths, but he's kinda squishy (at least in my previous playthrough)

Should I use Colm? I CAN baby him, but I could just use Keys or Unlock staves.

What about Ephraim in Erika's route? He auto-levels to Lv.15 when he re-joins.

And..I know you've heard this alot, but what about Myrrh? Is she that bad? 

Let me know what you think! I'm not spamming the topic

Changes to Team: Gerik in both Routes, Ephraim on Erika's, Colm on Both Routes

Edited by Corncake

I would use Gerik in most playthroughs, due to everything you've said plus his amazing supports. I also would have gotten Gerik an A support with Tethys and Artur an A support with Lute.

Honestly both routes seem solid. Sacred Stones has a lot of good units and it's not too hard to make everyone do well.

Gerik is always good and both of his promotions work well. I love Tana so I always pick her but Cormag is good too. It's more up to preference and what you plan on doing with promotions/ Tana can dodge and be a bit of a res tank or have pierce which is really great. Cormag can have pierce or have some more triangle advantage. 

Yes use Artur, he's really good. You do have too keep him a little protected, but bishops do tons of damage against all the monsters, which is a huge chunk of that game.

Colm is usable as a thief and as either promotion, and really it ends up being preference in my opinion. Using him just for utility works fine but you have to keep him protected.

Ephraim is a pretty good unit and shortly after he joins he promotes and gets Siegmund so I'd say use him for sure in Eirika's route too. He doesn't need much babying to be great so go for it. But then again he's one of my favorites and I can't imagine NOT using him.

I love Tana so I always pick her but Cormag is good too.

Tana & Cormag take babying and their Averages compared to Vanessa are only slightly higher. I want to use only the very BEST units for an optimized run.

I also agree with using Gerik on Erika's Route because he's too good. Also, Gerik's Bases compare to a Lv.3 Paladin Franz's Averages 3:4...so I may use him on Ephraim's Route too. What do you think?

I don't want to use Colm because Keys and Unlock staves negate his existence, and I don't want to baby many units.

I will use Ephraim on Eirika's Route as well, because he is also pretty godly and gets a Mount, with only 5 levels of babying.

And I remembered that Myrrh can be okay with Monsters, but against Human Units (Which is 2/3 of her Chapters onward) she's not helpful and too squishy, so never mind her.

Edited by Corncake

I think you could add a couple more units...

17 minutes ago, Corncake said:

I don't want to use Colm because Keys and Unlock staves negate his existence, and I don't want to baby many units.

I disagree with this - keys require devoting an inventory slot to, and Unlock staves don't open chests. Also, on Ephraim route, you can't buy those until chapter 11.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I think you could add a couple more units..

I prefer to have Stronger but Fewer Units as opposed to Weaker but Plentiful Units.  The "Extra" Units like Tana or Lute either squishier, weaker or require more babying than their counterparts (Vanessa & Artur). Why do you think otherwise though?

Keys require devoting an inventory slot to,

I see your point, but I prefer having to take up one or two (two's at worst) slots than having to invest in Colm. True, a Unit having to go out of their way to get some chests are also annoying but..That's at least 10 other levels other units could use, and only for more efficient pilfering. I COULD also always just have a unit go back and get the chests when I'm almost done with the chapter, since all my other units should dominate by the Mid-Game, they're all going to be promoted by then. (The latest is on 10 Erika's/12 Ephraim's) and having Colm may endanger that. My thoughts are: Efficient Killing > Efficient Pilfering. But do you think a Lv.10 Promoted Colm is a good idea?

Unlock staves don't open chests. Also, on Ephraim route, you can't buy those until chapter 11

What?? I had no clue. But you can have Unlock Staves and Chest Keys by Ch.9 on Erika and Ch.11 on Ephraim. And on Ephraim's you'll only miss out on a Restore/2500 G in Ch. 9. Since I'm not using Colm I'm not including the Ocean Seal.

In Short, here's my preference with my poison: at least 10 more levels & 1 slightly gimped unit > at least 10 less levels.

Also, assuming the Colm Replacement is Artur (cause he can use Unlocks), he has free enough slots anyway, cause he doesn't use much beyond lightning and a staff. I'm gonna try not using a thief for this playthrough to see how it goes.

Edited by Corncake

42 minutes ago, Corncake said:

I prefer to have Stronger but Fewer Units as opposed to Weaker but Plentiful Units.  The "Extra" Units like Tana or Lute either squishier, weaker or require more babying than their counterparts (Vanessa & Artur). Why do you think otherwise though?

I see your point, but I prefer having to take up one or two (two's at worst) slots than having to invest in Colm. True, a Unit having to go out of their way to get some chests are also annoying but..That's at least 10 other levels other units could use, and only for more efficient pilfering. I COULD also always just have a unit go back and get the chests when I'm almost done with the chapter, since all my other units should dominate by the Mid-Game, they're all going to be promoted by then. (The latest is on 10 Erika's/12 Ephraim's) and having Colm may endanger that. My thoughts are: Efficient Killing > Efficient Pilfering. But do you think a Lv.10 Promoted Colm is a good idea?

What?? I had no clue. But you can have Unlock Staves and Chest Keys by Ch.9 on Erika and Ch.11 on Ephraim. And on Ephraim's you'll only miss out on a Restore/2500 G in Ch. 9. Since I'm not using Colm I'm not including the Ocean Seal.

In Short, here's my preference with my poison: at least 10 more levels & probably 1 slightly gimped unit > at least 10 less levels.

Also, assuming the Colm Replacement is Artur (cause he can use Unlocks), he has free enough slots anyway, cause he doesn't use much beyond lightning and a staff. But lemme know what you think, cause I'm still not 100% sure. 

Sacred Stones's endgame has a deploy limit of 12, so I see no harm in using that much units.

You do realize you just gave me an argument I could use against you? Anyways, I think it's idealistic to have everyone promoted by then... Unless you like promoting early, which I don't. What's more, there is some stuff you can only get with Colm, like the Energy Ring in chapter 7 (among other stat boosters) or the chests in the following chapter.

I dunno about you, but I'd be annoyed if I have to send one of my combat units off to get chests. Especially if using as few units as you are.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Sacred Stones's endgame has a deploy limit of 12, so I see no harm in using that much units.

You're right, I can spend more units. If I only deploy few units, that'll leave some extra potential units that could've scooped up the kills. But I'll only have 10 (Now with Colm & Gerik).

I agree I like to have Lv.20 Promoted units early, and I was aware of the Energy Ring; but not of the other stat boosters. But I agree with Colm's deployment cause he's the next best unit that could make use of the extra kills, like I said earlier

Before I wrap this up, when do you think I should Promote Colm? 10? 15? 20? I'm still thinking 20, but what do you think? And what do you think of the other unit's place on the team? Should I use Tana/Cormag too?

Edited by Corncake

2 hours ago, Corncake said:

You're right, I can spend more units. If I only deploy few units, that'll leave some extra potential units that could've scooped up the kills. But I'll only have 10 (Now with Colm & Gerik).

I agree I like to have Lv.20 Promoted units early, and I was aware of the Energy Ring; but not of the other stat boosters. But I agree with Colm's deployment cause he's the next best unit that could make use of the extra kills, like I said earlier

Before I wrap this up, when do you think I should Promote Colm? 10? 15? 20? I'm still thinking 20, but what do you think? And what do you think of the other unit's place on the team? Should I use Tana/Cormag too?

I'd say 20 as well. Also, I'd promote him to Rogue. As for Tana and Cormag, they're both usable, but Tana comes with bad weapons in Eirika route, and none in Ephraim route, and Cormag requires waiting for several turns in Eirika route, and might be best recruited by Tana in Ephraim route (take care to train her beforehand so that she doesn't die to Cormag's Wyvern flunkies!) Of course, if you're using all three of them (them including Vanessa), Elysian Whip competition is an issue...

Other thoughts:

-Why are you using Moulder as your healer? Personally, I feel he has an edge in the wrong places for a healer... Also, Latona isn't very useful.

-I'm not a fan of Duessel - his class holds him back, as does his high level (level 8 promoted in a game where most enemies aren't promoted).

-Wyvern Knights are glitched - their Pierce skill can crash the game, so you might want to either turn off their animations or not have them use throwing lances

-I'd use Eirika in Ephraim route, even if only to not have to gimp another unit by having someone else have to rescue her

Thanks for the feedback. I also I agree with promoting to a Rouge.

You still didn't say if I should use them? When I used Cormag in Erika's Route he was pretty bad and had NO res, and I'm sure Tana would be pretty similar. Vanessa should be stronger by them by then and I don't want to have to baby more units. I don't think I'm gonna use Tana or Cormag, I just don't like squishy units. Not to mention some may be in Lv.20 limbo cause of whip competition, like you said.

-Why are you using Moulder as your healer?

I'm not, I'm using him as a Bishop, and he'll also be offensive, just like Artur. By the time he promotes, he's going to have an A rank in Staves, and I know he has good con for Ivaldi, but since I don't want to "rank grind" for S in Light and for Artur S in Staves, I'll just give him Latona and Artur Ivaldi. Are you saying I should both make them S in Light? Eh, I'll pass. I know Latona isn't the best but I'd rather have Latona than having to grind for Ivaldi or S-Class bonuses..unless I should not use Moulder for healing and only Light Magic for like...6 chapters? Do you think that's a good idea? Not to me.

-I'm not a fan of Duessel - his class holds him back, as does his high level (level 8 promoted in a game where most enemies aren't promoted)

I've personally never used Duessel, but many say he's good. I agree GK may be a pretty bad class but, let me try using him to see what I think.

Wyvern Knights are glitched - their Pierce skill can crash the game, so you might want to either turn off their animations or not have them use throwing lances

I'm aware but the Glitch has never happened to me. I'm not gonna let a less than 20% glitch chance to alter my unit classes, and if it does crash, doesn't it just reset? That's fine by me.

-I'd use Eirika in Ephraim route, even if only to not have to gimp another unit by having someone else have to rescue her

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm 90% confident that Erika actually isn't required in any Ephraim chapter except the last one..and maybe ch.17? I won't use her if she isn't required. If she is, I probably will. If this is the case, do you think I should promote her when she auto levels at 15 just so I don't gimp another unit?

Edited by Corncake

1 hour ago, Corncake said:

Thanks for the feedback. I also I agree with promoting to a Rouge.

You still didn't say if I should use them? When I used Cormag in Erika's Route he was pretty bad and had NO res, and I'm sure Tana would be pretty similar. Vanessa should be stronger by them by then and I don't want to have to baby more units. I don't think I'm gonna use Tana or Cormag, I just don't like squishy units. Not to mention some may be in Lv.20 limbo cause of whip competition, like you said.

I'm not, I'm using him as a Bishop, and he'll also be offensive, just like Artur. By the time he promotes, he's going to have an A rank in Staves, and I know he has good con for Ivaldi, but since I don't want to "rank grind" for S in Light and for Artur S in Staves, I'll just give him Latona and Artur Ivaldi. Are you saying I should both make them S in Light? Eh, I'll pass. I know Latona isn't the best but I'd rather have Latona than having to grind for Ivaldi or S-Class bonuses..unless I should not use Moulder for healing and only Light Magic for like...6 chapters? Do you think that's a good idea? Not to me.

I've personally never used Duessel, but many say he's good. I agree GK may be a pretty bad class but, let me try using him to see what I think.

I'm aware but the Glitch has never happened to me. I'm not gonna let a less than 20% glitch chance to alter my unit classes, and if it does crash, doesn't it just reset? That's fine by me.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm 90% confident that Erika actually isn't required in any Ephraim chapter except the last one..and maybe ch.17? I won't use her if she isn't required. If she is, I probably will. If this is the case, do you think I should promote her when she auto levels at 15 just so I don't gimp another unit?

I'd only use one of them, since you're already using Vanessa, and you only get two Elysian Whips (the one in chapter 8, and the one Cormag comes with).

I meant less in that respect and more in the statistical aspect, since Moulder's stats and growths don't really tell me "this guy is a must-use". Also, wrt the Latona staff, I think it is nigh useless since Fortify does pretty much the same thing, and has more uses (the status curing effect Latona has would mean something if status was still a legitimate issue, which it isn't because it comes too late); I also think the S rank staves in other FE games suffer from a lack of practicality (Radiant Dawn managing to be the exception and not the rule since said staff comes with someone who can use it, and it's only available for the very end of the game anyhow).

Fair enough, I guess.

I dunno since I never ran into it personally.

If you're intent on not using her, then go ahead.

I'd only use one of them, since you're already using Vanessa, and you only get two Elysian Whips

I was only going to use Vanessa cause Tana & Cormag aren't as good as her (imo), but that makes me want to only use Vanessa even more.

since Moulder's stats and growths don't really tell me "this guy is a must-use"

You'd be surprised, Moulder is actually pretty popular. His Magic is good (40%) , his Availability is great, his Con is good and his Defense is good in comparison to other Bishops.  Natasha is too squishy and comes late and Artur is also Squishy, but has great growths everywhere else and can at least attack as you baby him. I also feel like 2 Dracoshields for another Bishop (Artur) is a good investment. Cause of Moulder's lack of big flaws like squishiness or availability, I think Moulder is the best Bishop.

the Latona staff, I think it is nigh useless since Fortify does pretty much the same thing, and has more uses

I Agree, and I'm not saying the Latona staff is the best in the game, but since Moulder has an A rank in staves by the time you promote him, you might as well give him an S staff rank and give him the Latona as opposed to holding off on staves (for like 5 chapters), to give him an S rank in Light. Even though Moulder has good con, Artur will have an A rank by the time you promote him anyway. Latona > Not using Staves & Grinding Light Rank for several chapters

If you're intent on not using her, then go ahead

I think I still won't use Erika on Ephraim's Route, even before the Route Split. Franz, Seth, Vanessa, Artur & Colm(?) are good enough. Since Erika auto-levels to 15 at Chp.15, and her averages by then are actually worse than all of my other units by then, I'll probably promote her and Spam Sieglinde on the one or two chapters she's required in.

Anyways, I think it's idealistic to have everyone promoted by then...

Tbh, I don't know where this came from, but I like to have units promoted early as well (if that's what you were saying), and by the time Promote items first appear all my units (except Moulder) will be able to promote as soon as they get them. 

As for Colm, I took a look at the Stealable items in the game, and there's alot of good loot like Stat Boosters. And colm is a pretty good unit himself, so I'm gonna use him.

Also, I'm aware of me liking Myrrh alot (But thankfully not as much as #2 tier list level) but what about USING Myrrh? If I use her at Ch.17 onward, she can become really strong and Solo the last two chapters; like a free, less squishy Bishop. I'm aware of the two "human" chapters left..she can Dominate Morva, the Demon King and just about any Monster by the time you get her, with a couple Gorgon Eggs. I'll probably use her, but what do you guys think?

Edited by Corncake

I’d recommend not using Colm as a combat unit. His combat is awful, his strength is really low combined with swords meaning he hits like crap. He’ll never ORKO anything. He’s also fast enough at base to steal basically every item that’s stealable (unless I’m forgetting something), so he’s really pointless to train. I’d save yourself the trouble. Just deploy him on fog of war maps or if you need his stealing.

As for early promoting, it’s not an LTC. Just level up your units until you feel like they should promote. I personally promote around level 15, but you should just promote whenever you think it’s a good idea.

Tana vs. Cormag, both are worth using on Ephraim’s route, but if you insist on just one Cormag is better, on Eirika I’d use Tana more, although Cormag can be good filler.

Myrrh is kinda meh, her bases aren’t really that good, and the last two chapters aren’t super hard, but use her if you want.

Also Moulder is definitely not the best bishop Artur is better because he can gain XP somewhat quickly, Moulder is stuck with heal XP.

3 hours ago, Corncake said:

I was only going to use Vanessa cause Tana & Cormag aren't as good as her (imo), but that makes me want to only use Vanessa even more.

You'd be surprised, Moulder is actually pretty popular. His Magic is good (40%) , his Availability is great, his Con is good and his Defense is good in comparison to other Bishops.  Natasha is too squishy and comes late and Artur is also Squishy, but has great growths everywhere else and can at least attack as you baby him. I also feel like 2 Dracoshields for another Bishop (Artur) is a good investment. Cause of Moulder's lack of big flaws like squishiness or availability, I think Moulder is the best Bishop.

I Agree, and I'm not saying the Latona staff is the best in the game, but since Moulder has an A rank in staves by the time you promote him, you might as well give him an S staff rank and give him the Latona as opposed to holding off on staves (for like 5 chapters), to give him an S rank in Light. Even though Moulder has good con, Artur will have an A rank by the time you promote him anyway. Latona > Not using Staves & Grinding Light Rank for several chapters

I think I still won't use Erika on Ephraim's Route, even before the Route Split. Franz, Seth, Vanessa, Artur & Colm(?) are good enough. Since Erika auto-levels to 15 at Chp.15, and her averages by then are actually worse than all of my other units by then, I'll probably promote her and Spam Sieglinde on the one or two chapters she's required in.

Tbh, I don't know where this came from, but I like to have units promoted early as well (if that's what you were saying), and by the time Promote items first appear all my units (except Moulder) will be able to promote as soon as they get them. 

As for Colm, I took a look at the Stealable items in the game, and there's alot of good loot like Stat Boosters. And colm is a pretty good unit himself, so I'm gonna use him.

Also, I'm aware of me liking Myrrh alot (But thankfully not as much as #2 tier list level) but what about USING Myrrh? If I use her at Ch.17 onward, she can become really strong and Solo the last two chapters; like a free, less squishy Bishop. I'm aware of the two "human" chapters left..she can Dominate Morva, the Demon King and just about any Monster by the time you get her, with a couple Gorgon Eggs. I'll probably use her, but what do you guys think?

Okay then.

I'm not sold on Moulder being that good - he has good HP and Con, but that's about it. And honestly, those aren't the first stats I look at when determining who's a good unit. His defense isn't THAT much better than other Bishops - and certainly not nearly enough to make up for his horrid luck, which could be the death of him on account of some cannon fodder getting a crit in...

Fair enough.

If that's what you want, then go ahead.

When I said promoting early, I actually meant promoting before level 20.

1 hour ago, Aut said:

I’d recommend not using Colm as a combat unit. His combat is awful, his strength is really low combined with swords meaning he hits like crap. He’ll never ORKO anything. He’s also fast enough at base to steal basically every item that’s stealable (unless I’m forgetting something), so he’s really pointless to train. I’d save yourself the trouble. Just deploy him on fog of war maps or if you need his stealing.

As for early promoting, it’s not an LTC. Just level up your units until you feel like they should promote. I personally promote around level 15, but you should just promote whenever you think it’s a good idea.

Tana vs. Cormag, both are worth using on Ephraim’s route, but if you insist on just one Cormag is better, on Eirika I’d use Tana more, although Cormag can be good filler.

Myrrh is kinda meh, her bases aren’t really that good, and the last two chapters aren’t super hard, but use her if you want.

Also Moulder is definitely not the best bishop Artur is better because he can gain XP somewhat quickly, Moulder is stuck with heal XP.

Dude. It's Sacred Stones we're talking about here. Even the likes of Colm can be a decent combat unit. About the only things he doesn't do well against are wyvern riders and armors, and neither of those are very common from what I recall.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Even the likes of Colm can be a decent combat unit. 

I'll use Colm, and he's right. Colm is actually pretty decent; so I may just promote him at Lv.20. I mean, if I'm gonna deploy him at most maps anyway, he might as well be good right? It's not like the Rouge skill benefits much outside of promote gains (Oooh, no picklocks!)

However...I feel like saying "it's just sacred stones" is wrong. There's still more margin for improvement, I just like to make my teams the best they can.

And good point, Myrrh's not really needed. I prefer to use units with my own experiences behind them as opposed to what others say, so I may use Tana, Cormag & Myrrh myself to see how good they are and judge them myself.

he has good HP and Con, but that's about it. And honestly, those aren't the first stats I look at when determining who's a good unit.

Now that I think about it, maybe Artur and Moulder are somewhat equal. Moulder has good Con, and it's helpful having a not-so-squishy magic unit, when Magic units are squishy. Artur is more squishy and doesn't have as much con, but Aut is right, Artur does get XP faster. Regardless, does it matter? They're BOTH relative to one-another Bishops (IMO), and two bishops are good by me. Artur's squisher, but is a bit stronger and gets stronger faster and Moulder is quite defensive. End of the Artur v. Moulder debate, I think they're both good, good enough to both use. Doesn't matter who's better; just who's worth using. 

Last thing, when I used Cormag on Ephraim's route, he was pretty bad. I know he's a flier, but..I just don't like squishy units and I don't imagine Tana or Cormag being much less squishy on EITHER route. I prefer to keep my squishy units to a minimum, which is why I'm probably only going to use Artur and Vanessa. Is Tana or Cormag overall, worth using? If so, which ones on which routes?

I also want to ask a GameFaq's level question. Gerik. Hero or Ranger? Essentially, Axes or one extra Mov? I think having Hand Axes and Garm is better than 7 Mov, but what do you guys think?

Edited by Corncake

Well, taken the changes into account, I'll try to think of the remaining questions.

Tana or Cormag- Personally, I prefer them both over Vanessa, despite Vanessa's better availability (I often find her fragile and her personality doesn't intrigue me as much as other characters, nor does her design). If you want one, I'd recommend Cormag, as he's easier to train and he's the sturdiest flying unit in the game. He's not the fastest, but he's stronger and bulkier. I prefer him on Ephraim's route simply because it makes more sense from a storytelling perspective, you know what happens to Glen. Meanwhile in Eirika's it seems more random.

Myrhh- she's effective against monsters, but by the time you get her, there's not many monster battles left except grinding. But worse of all, her dragonstone only has 50 uses and you can't buy another one. She comes so late too, unfortunately.

Artur- yes use him. You don't have many magic users on your team and you already have with an A support to Tethys. If you're worried about his squishyness, just give him an HP or defense booster.

Edited by Dandy Druid
add more info

11 hours ago, Corncake said:

Now that I think about it, maybe Artur and Moulder are somewhat equal. Moulder has good Con, and it's helpful having a not-so-squishy magic unit, when Magic units are squishy. Artur is more squishy and doesn't have as much con, but Aut is right, Artur does get XP faster. Regardless, does it matter? They're BOTH relative to one-another Bishops (IMO), and two bishops are good by me. Artur's squisher, but is a bit stronger and gets stronger faster and Moulder is quite defensive. End of the Artur v. Moulder debate, I think they're both good, good enough to both use. Doesn't matter who's better; just who's worth using. 

Last thing, when I used Cormag on Ephraim's route, he was pretty bad. I know he's a flier, but..I just don't like squishy units and I don't imagine Tana or Cormag being much less squishy on EITHER route. I prefer to keep my squishy units to a minimum, which is why I'm probably only going to use Artur and Vanessa. Is Tana or Cormag overall, worth using? If so, which ones on which routes?

I also want to ask a GameFaq's level question. Gerik. Hero or Ranger? Essentially, Axes or one extra Mov? I think having Hand Axes and Garm is better than 7 Mov, but what do you guys think?

Honestly, I much prefer Natasha over Moulder despite his better availability - she isn't as durable, but she isn't going to instantly liquefy if I make a mistake. Also, Moulder's design doesn't intrigue me, nor does his personality. And his high Con doesn't mean anything to me either (tomes of C rank and above generally are too heavy to be worth using, and their not being powerful enough to make up for it does them no favours).

Tana and Cormag stuff - I'd use Tana on Eirika route and Cormag on Ephraim route.

Gerik - I prefer Hero, in no small part because I generally have no axe users otherwise.

I don't like to take personality into account, and I'm surprised you guys do.

As for Natasha, I just don't like how squishy she is and at least for me, she DOES liquify if I make a mistake; she has like, a 7 Def average by the time she promotes.

And for Tana & Cormag; I just don't like squishy units that aren't like; top 5 in the game like Artur or Vanessa. I'm sure they're good, I just want the absolute best and want no further investment by the route split. However, I'll still look more into it.

I also agree on Gerik being Hero.

Before I end it, here's a weird thought. Yes, Colm CAN steal and grant stat boosters. But, in a way, so can extra 20 levels for Franz, Vanessa, Artur & Ephraim (I'm not counting Promoted units). Not trying to think up of an argument..just a thought; I'm still thinking about it.

Anyway, I think that wraps up this whole Topic, thanks!

Edited by Corncake

1 hour ago, Corncake said:

As for Natasha, I just don't like how squishy she is and at least for me, she DOES liquify if I make a mistake; she has like, a 7 Def average by the time she promotes.

Moulder's 9 defense isn't much better, FYI. Especially with him not being able to dodge as well as she can...