Cuphead In: Don't Deal With the Mafia (Game Over)

Aizen

4 hours ago, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

I feel like the interaction between Werner/Grim regarding player identities is not alignment indicative.  And I would like to see a better reasoning behind that Grim vote from Werner, it really seemed weird and out of place to me.  I don't think it was scummy, just extremely weird and I didn't quite get the feeling that Werner was voting Grim as a scum read from it.  I still think Werner is town though.

If Grim knew who I was, then his D1 case is invalid on the grounds that I pull these things as both alignments.  Including being really irritated when I have a ton of votes on me on D1 for something that was a null tell IMO.  Speaking of:

4 hours ago, Grim Matchstick said:

##Vote: bvbb

People really shouldn't be giving this slot a free pass for something easy to fake as scum (their argument with Briney D1) and I don't feel good about voting Sally without doing a proper analysis (which I haven't had the motivation for lul)

Did you read that giant wall she posted?  Do you have any issues with that?

3 hours ago, Cala Maria said:

Hilda's play is nothing like newbtown, honestly. I've mostly talked about her D1 and her D2 post before my vote. Her D1 was her sticking her vote on Beppi and not contributing to discussion at all, her D2 where she takes a 180 on Beppi is convenient because the state of the game is such that Beppi isn't getting lynched soon. The Grim vote is convenient too because she could've talked about Grim earlier and participated but the change in stance and voting Grim over a chainsaw defense looks bad IMO. I kinda feel weird about how easily she unvoted Grim only to still maintain that she was keeping an eye on him, when the Captain provided an argument for why she was wrong about voting Grim, like I'm not sure what else about Grim is bothering her? That's inconsistent. Also today she pretty much defaulted to sticking her vote on me and then staying in the background, I wouldn't be surprised if she made a similar play in the next phase either. Like I really don't get where people are getting the newbie pass argument from, feels like they just don't want to lynch her because she's new/inexperienced but that doesn't mean she isn't scum.

This would've been a better case, because it's relevant to what she's doing now.  There's some weird behavior patterns that I mentioned earlier.  What do you think about them?  It's not enough to warrant today's lynch, though.

Once again, last post for the phase, give or take a few hours.  So, a rundown of my thoughts:

- I really want Sally lynched today.  She gives a lot of associative reads, and assuming she flips scum, some info on mafia roles.  Regardless, I'd continue to case her anyway, due to the self-doubt she's displayed multiple times in her posts (fuck if I'm quoting them now, though, I'm tired).
- I don't mind leaving Hilda alive at least until D3.  She may be one-note, but it's an improvement from D1, and a new day phase should answer the question of whether or not I think someone is coaching her in the background.
- Thanks to that Maria post that I quoted, I feel better about her.  Not that interested in lynching her this phase.
- That thing that's bothering about Honeybottoms' alignment should answer itself by D3.  Still waffling.  At this rate, I could open a restaurant.
- Hey Wally, if Kahl makes a good scumbuddy for Honeybottoms, you make the perfect scumbuddy for Hilda, due to your disappearance on D1.  Except that's irrelevant, because neither of you has flipped.  Is Kahl scum on his own merits?
- Beppi, for the love of everything, reread Wally and post something before this day phase ends.
- Grim changes his alignment every time he posts.  Right now, leaning scum for not reading one of the big wagons.  FFS, get that Sally analysis out.
- Baroness needs a few more posts during D3.  Catching up is nice, but so is commenting on things as they unfold (like the end of D1).
- Don't have much to say about the rest of you.

Obviously leaving my vote where it is.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can mafia be real if our eyes aren't real

someone kill me so I can have the sweet release of death, and other such laments

it's time for the GRIM MATCHSTICK'S SALLY STAGEPLAY ANALYSIS which the thread slowed to a screeching halt in anticipation of this is a joke

I think what bothers me as I read Sally isn't that they feel indecisive or waffle-y, but that I don't feel like they're making a real effort to resolve their indecisiveness. They'll state stuff like "Werner's vote was fine but them emphasizing it as townie wasn't" and then just... leave it. It's difficult for me to put into words why this bugs me, but it makes me feel like they're not really trying to solve the game and are instead just making posts to blend in. However, they DO definitely change their mind on Werner when Werner is still the leading wagon. I'm a bit conflicted here, since on one hand if they tunneled and Werner flips town (which even ignoring my read on Werner would be the likely result if Sally's scum) I think it reflects kinda badly on them? On the other, they then proceed to kickstart the Djimmi wagon which was... also a mislynch? However, this one had some building consensus of "Djimmi might be lurkscum" in offhand remarks from a lot of players whereas the Werner wagon had pretty much died. It also bugs me that Sally doesn't really change their read on Werner for anything Werner actually did within the time frame of Sally's posts and they just thought about it a lot and came to a conclusion.

Sally's towniest post is probably the response to Briney's attempt to turbo her.

But the Briney townread is also really ??? Sally seems to be basing this off role/actionspec which is super weird. I'm... not sure what to make of this honestly. I don't get what benefit town has for making this sort of post, I feel like maybe she's trying to appease/buddy with Briney?

The way Sally approaches the Cala/Rumor wagons is really bad, and it's kind of weird because I feel like her approach is suddenly a lot different from D1 (I don't think this is really alignment indicative it's just weird). Sally has gone from half-defending Rumor D1 to finding Rumor scummy D2 when very little for Rumor has changed, and has really nothing positive to say about Cala but ends up voting Rumor in what basically amounts to a pressure vote, as they don't want to put Cala at L-1.

I also dislike how Sally approaches the Cala wagon. People are on her for not factoring it into her reads or trying to improve her reads on the people on the wagon (which I agree with), but I don't really have any idea who she finds scummiest of them or anything. She lists 3 names (Rumor, Cagney, and Kahl) and I'm not sure which she finds scummy of them? I have to assume Rumor is scummiest because Rumor is the only one Sally is actually pressuring, and then I guess Cagney because Kahl only got a parentheses remark? 

Overall, reading through Sally's posts and Briney's analysis I have to say I agree with the case

Of the 3 wagons today (Rumor, Cala, Sally) I'm definitely not lynching Cala. I still think BvBB is the scummiest player in the thread and people are sleeping on this. I'm bothered that Rumor just disappeared but shit happens so it's pretty NAI. Because of this I'll probably vote Sally

I should be around to consolidate tomorrow, I legit forgot we need hammer today because it wasn't needed D1 >_>

Cool with Rumor flaking out that seals the deal on waiting to see if she'd respond anymore, also pretty sure that's everyone in terms of association so..

I am cop with a guilty on Rumor. Doc on me etc etc. Rumor might be miller but they didn't claim so at the beginning of the game and come on, if you are really convinced she is miller you are either scum desperately defending her or town doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to defend her (*cough* Captain *cough*). 

You may hav noticed how assured I was Rumor was scum this phase and how everything is just an association with Rumor because frankly that's more solid than anything else I have in terms of reads.

6 minutes ago, Wally Warbles said:

Cool with Rumor flaking out that seals the deal on waiting to see if she'd respond anymore, also pretty sure that's everyone in terms of association so..

I am cop with a guilty on Rumor. Doc on me etc etc. Rumor might be miller but they didn't claim so at the beginning of the game and come on, if you are really convinced she is miller you are either scum desperately defending her or town doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to defend her (*cough* Captain *cough*). 

You may hav noticed how assured I was Rumor was scum this phase and how everything is just an association with Rumor because frankly that's more solid than anything else I have in terms of reads.

Well, this explains a lot.

It also helps me figure out who of Cala and Rumor is scum (I posted this before, but to since there were still people talking about it: I was convinced one of them was scum because they were both acting scummy, but their interactions didn't read as scum/scum. I was more leaning to Cala before this though).

Kahl's push for Rumor doesn't feel like something scum would do to bus, since he went quite out of his way to try and get that lynch off. I don't feel that lynch was likely enough to happen to warrant such a heavy bus. Cala is also unlikely scum now.

I'll post later today who I think are actual scum with Rumor, Since I have stuff to do now.

(It's technically possible Wally is lying, but that seems pretty unlikely considering we'd just lynch him tommorow if Rumor flips non miller town.)

Day 2.5 - Votals
Rumor Honeybottoms (6): Wally Warbles, Sally Stageplay, Hilda Berg, Cagney Carnation, Cala Maria, Grim Matchstick (L-1!)
Sally Stageplay (4): Captain Brineybeard, Werner Werman, Dr. Kahl, Beppi The Clown
Cala Maria (2): Rumor Honeybottoms, Baroness Von Bon Bon
Not Voting (0): None!

You have 20 hours and 31 minutes left in the day. With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Just now, Rumor Honeybottoms said:

yeah i can't play scum to save my life

the flashes of competence some of you were noticing would be bits of my Actually Good towngame leaking in

That was the main issue imo if you just kept getting scummier and scummier I would think you were miller :Kappa: should have asked for a massclaim imo try that in your next scum game.

@Wally Warbles WRT you questioning Werner about Hilda, the way you phrased it bothered me because it read as you already having an opinion on it.  I never got the impression that Rumor backpedaled on her cases D2 because she didn't really have anything to backpedal on from D1 (and yes, I already mentioned her D1 play bothered me).  What reads of Rumors were inconsistent (you don't have to answer because of the current gamestate, but I'm genuinely curious because I want to know where I messed up)?  Like, the Cala read was tunnel visiony (pretty sure I called this out already), but the progression on it made more sense from someone who knows they're town over someone who's scum.  You mention that Captain is the most likely scumbuddy but that doesn't explain the No Kill then.  Do you think someone else got docced (or a BPV, I guess)?  Also please don't cop Hilda, I'd rather confirmed town be someone who can influence the game and I don't think they're scum.

Can people in general tell me if this line from Sally ("I do actually suspect Rumor. Admitedly, he and Cala don't read like scum/scum, but I feel one of them has to be scum at this rate, so I'm questioning both of them. (So they both read scummy individually, but their interactions don't.) Yes that's convoluted and gives me an easy way to jump between wagons, fml.") makes less sense as coming from Scum!Sally?  It feels way too self aware to be town for me (also it's like fencesitting between a most likely town and scum wagon), but also like...the two counterwagons to a scum wagon are fucking me up.  Most of the people on the Sally wagon still read as town to me though (no bias or anything), so I don't think it's indicative of Sally's alignment, but I'd like some thoughts here.

@Sally Stageplay Why did you vote Cala over Rumor when your issues here are more detailed than your issues with Rumor?