Cuphead In: Don't Deal With the Mafia (Game Over)

Aizen

I'll look into associations when I get home. 

I'd like to add I didn't mean for the "not from sf" card to influence my read on rumor. it was mostly that I didn't think scum would be so blatantly scummy but lol this is why overthinking always fucks me over when I'm trying to read people. 

if rumor basically gave up would their scumbuddies have known about that and tried to bus them more liberally as a result? because that's sort of the case with rumor here. they didnt offer any resistance at all and then flaked, and immediately admitted they're bad at scum so that mentality would have obviously affected their play as we saw it. food for thought before I start looking into stuff later. still at work and not feeling well

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I planned to read back on everyone relevant, but I'm getting way to tired for that, so a full reread on Beppi and Grim will have to wait.

The easy reads for now are Wally and Rumor. Rumor is just confirmed scum, so done. The only way for Wally to be scum is if they planned to fake claim this from the start of this phase,
Which feels a bit to elaborate of a plan just to gain some towny points. So yeah, Wally is town.

I already mentioned Kahl and Cala are town reads to me based on interactions. I agree with what was said about Cagney, his interactions with Rumor feel a bit too buddy-buddy to actually have them be scum buddies. It also helps that his posts haven't really bothered me much anyway.

The Captain doesn't have great interactions with Rumor, but his posts feel very towny on their own. Even ignoring the whole night kill thing, I don't think scum!Captain would try to get a turbo going when the town was on course for a misslynch anyway. I mean, yes the target of said turbo was also town (namely me), but they could have just as easily waited with voting me until D2. This feels very weird to do as scum to me, unless they either wanted a smokescreen of sorts to not have people go back to Rumor (which is weird, because it happened after Kahl's attempts to push that lynch had already died down) or they feared me and wanted me dead without giving me a chance to respond more then Djimmy (which considering my playstyle, I highly doubt). Pushing a turbo on someone you find scummy when you really don't like the current lynch target makes perfect sense as town to me though.
Combining this with how their posts and general tone just read town to me, I'm still pretty convinced of this slot being town.

The way Werner goes about trowing out reads and standing out doesn't really feel scum to me. He also calls Rumor out for their lack of reads on multiple occasions, which is good.

Hilda hasn't really interacted with Rumor, which combined with their general lack of content is giving me hard time getting a read on this slot. I've seen their playstyle in players new to mafia (on this forum) as both town (Greencapps and Michelaar in his later games) and scum (Beast), so this slot remains null for me.

Reading up on the Baroness was quite intresting though. She mentions near the end of D1 that she finds Cala scummiest with Rumor being a big null, but Rumor will become a higher lynch priority if the mention of him still sitting on his RVS vote turns out true (it was true). She later comes back having reread Cala and states she finds them the most sus and Rumor remains a big null, with no mention of his RVS vote. (Just to clearify, she did mention other people in thse posts as well, I'm just ommiting it because it doesn't really impact my case.)
During D2, she doesn't mention Rumor at all, and after being asked about this after Wally's claim, she explains he has become a town read.
this feels like a very strange progression to me. She does mention not liking to talk about townreads much, but she also calls Wally out on not diving into Cala after townreading her, which is ????
This honestly makes me feel like she was planning to just focus Cala (and some other people) hoping the fuss about Rumor would die down, and townreading him was just an excuse to not talk about him.

I'll delve into Grimm more tommorow as I said before, but I do want to point out that Him unvoting just before Rumors attempt to self hammer is pretty easy to fake, and I could see him and Rumor planning this after Wally's claim (since Rumor was basicly a certain lynch from that point on anyway). Not saying that's certainly what happened, but I would really advice people to not townread Grimm based on just this.
(If you're not scum though: Amazing safe!)

Currently thinking scumteam is Rumor+Baroness+(Beppi/Hilda/Grimm). Will give a better guess on the final slot tomorrow.

Day 2.5 - Votals
Rumor Honeybottoms (3):, Sally Stageplay, Cagney Carnation, Cala Maria,  
Sally Stageplay (3): Captain Brineybeard, Werner Werman, , Beppi The Clown
Cala Maria (2): Baroness Von Bon Bon
Not Voting (4): Grim Matchstick,  Wally Warbles, Dr. Kahl, Rumor Honeybottoms, Hilda Berg

You have ~1hour and 45 minutes left in the day. With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Okay, just wanted to throw out that I don't think Sally's post is a scumpost.  Like in general, her reads are good.  They seem similar to the general consensus (or maybe just similar to my own reads which I'm assuming are the general consensus) for the most part, but 1) She does provide her own original reasoning, which is good and 2) I feel like the general consensus would just POE her, so it doesn't really make sense for Scum!Sally's reads to go in that direction (especially considering she'd most likely be bussing a buddy)?  My hangups here are that 1) Sally didn't respond to any of the cases on her ( @Sally Stageplay Please do this tomorrow) and 2) I don't really get the Beppi scumread.  Why is that there, because you're not townreading the slot?  Need further elaboration on this and Grim, but you said you'd be doing that anyways, so...yeah.

Leaning Baroness/Hilda at this point.  Sally is possible (want some answers to my questions by tomorrow), but less likely.

7 hours ago, Dr. Kahl said:

Can people in general tell me if this line from Sally ("I do actually suspect Rumor. Admitedly, he and Cala don't read like scum/scum, but I feel one of them has to be scum at this rate, so I'm questioning both of them. (So they both read scummy individually, but their interactions don't.) Yes that's convoluted and gives me an easy way to jump between wagons, fml.") makes less sense as coming from Scum!Sally?  It feels way too self aware to be town for me (also it's like fencesitting between a most likely town and scum wagon), but also like...the two counterwagons to a scum wagon are fucking me up.  Most of the people on the Sally wagon still read as town to me though (no bias or anything), so I don't think it's indicative of Sally's alignment, but I'd like some thoughts here.

@Sally Stageplay Why did you vote Cala over Rumor when your issues here are more detailed than your issues with Rumor?

3 hours ago, Beppi The Clown said:

As for the person my vote is currently on ... well, my thoughts doesn't change much. I think at the time Sally voted Maria, the latter was at L-2 already (and I would've yelled even harder if someone put Maria at L-1 that early into the phase), so from their initial post they had to vote for Rumor by virtue of not actually talking about anyone else besides those two. I think Rumor was also a bit of a safe vote at that point in the game, but looked less likely to be lynched then Maria. So it comes off as Sally expecting Maria to be the D1 lynch, but still putting their vote on Rumor would make them look better if Rumor flipped scum, while still trying to justify switching over to Maria at the end of the day if the votes between Rumor and Maria came too close. I could still see Sally as a potential scum buddy for Rumor.

This is weirding me out, because it feels like you're both thinking I voted Cala? (The first part of Beppi's post makes me think they know why I didn't, but after that it completly negates that).

I'm pretty sure I said I would have voted Cala if she wasn't at L-2. She was though, so I didn't want to do that. Since that wasn't an option, I decided that pressuring Rumor would be a better use of my vote then just doing nothing with it (since I suspected them as well).

1 minute ago, Dr. Kahl said:

Okay, just wanted to throw out that I don't think Sally's post is a scumpost.  Like in general, her reads are good.  They seem similar to the general consensus (or maybe just similar to my own reads which I'm assuming are the general consensus) for the most part, but 1) She does provide her own original reasoning, which is good and 2) I feel like the general consensus would just POE her, so it doesn't really make sense for Scum!Sally's reads to go in that direction (especially considering she'd most likely be bussing a buddy)?  My hangups here are that 1) Sally didn't respond to any of the cases on her ( @Sally Stageplay Please do this tomorrow) and 2) I don't really get the Beppi scumread.  Why is that there, because you're not townreading the slot?  Need further elaboration on this and Grim, but you said you'd be doing that anyways, so...yeah.

Leaning Baroness/Hilda at this point.  Sally is possible (want some answers to my questions by tomorrow), but less likely.

Grimm and Beppi are PoE because I'm townreading basicly everyone I didn't mention in that scumteam. I'll respond to cases on me tommorow as well then...

7 minutes ago, Sally Stageplay said:

This is weirding me out, because it feels like you're both thinking I voted Cala? (The first part of Beppi's post makes me think they know why I didn't, but after that it completly negates that).

I meant to say you voted Rumor and accidentally said Maria instead, whoops >_>

Someone remind me not to make posts when I'm rushing to leave the house

@wally- when people change their reads that's generally a sign that they changed their minds? really not sure what you're looking for here. I tend to take those things at face value if I'm not suspecting the person, and I had separate reasons for thinking she was town coming into d2. meanwhile you had a guilty on her coming into d2 so you viewed all her posts in a different light.

i need to read matchstick's posts which I'll do over the night phase but based on Rumor's posts I think he's a good candidate to be her buddy. he was probably the person she pushed the most on d1 but didn't commit to a vote on him.

3 minutes ago, Sally Stageplay said:

Grimm and Beppi are PoE because I'm townreading basicly everyone I didn't mention in that scumteam. I'll respond to cases on me tommorow as well then...

That's fine.  Linking the cases that I'm interested in responses to below make this quicker.  You uh kind of tore apart my contribution, so not linking that again.

Captain Beppi Grim

4 minutes ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

i need to read matchstick's posts which I'll do over the night phase but based on Rumor's posts I think he's a good candidate to be her buddy. he was probably the person she pushed the most on d1 but didn't commit to a vote on him.

Why does her lack of commitment on Grim reflect badly on him?  Like, he wasn't in any danger of getting lynched and had at most one other person who was bothered by him.  Why would Rumor make a waffly read on her scumbuddy?

1 minute ago, Wally Warbles said:

Don't give Captain a free pass until lategame.

Also another reminder for doc to be on me.

Can you respond to peoples' townreads on him?

Seems good.