Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition

Florete

34 minutes ago, Florete said:

So, Baton and Ruto I can agree with, but Ghirahim is typically considered one of the best in the game once you learn him and Fi is not very good at anything. Horde clearing is her best attribute, but even there she's average at best, and from what I've seen that's the general consensus on her, too.

I personally don't think Agitha is bad,  just has a unique playstyle and a learning curve, but not many people agree there.

Yeah I tend to falter away from the typical opinion, oops.

Also I will mildly agree with Agatha I just don't think it fits a Warriors title.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Florete said:

I personally don't think Agitha is bad,  just has a unique playstyle and a learning curve, but not many people agree there.

I get what you're saying here. Insofar I learned her, all of her C2-C5 can each flow into her C1 triple hit "Giant Butterfly Regular String Combo" once the foe is airborne, which you then frequently will follow up with a Strong Attack butterfly slam since the timer on the butterfly will be nearing empty after one full combo. This is the heart of Agitha's play style.

The C2 takes the shortest time to use, but is the trickiest to C1 off of; it is also great for Officer juggling and I think it's a near/true infinite. The C3 is okay crowd clearing, takes not too long to perform, and packs a good bit of damage. The C4 is the easiest to follow with the Butterfly, but take a little longer to execute and lacks any use outside of the Butterfly. The C5 has power, okay crowd clearing, and is possibly easier to Butterfly off of than the C3, but takes the longest to execute.

Agitha is a bit slow, her attacks aren't therefore the safest. Her crowd clearing isn't that great, and her Giant Boss potential is average. Though on crowds, Agitha massively benefits if an Officer easy to WPS off of is present amid the peons, because she gets one of the best WPSs in the game, with gigantic crowd wiping and solid power.

And I think Agitha is easier to learn than the Dominion Rod, as any moveset that requires consciously managing a second object- Rosalina and Ice Climbers in Smash for instance- probably has a naturally high learning curve.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I'm hoping for is that they actually make all those hearts you get good for something - the damage limits for an A rank in Adventure mode were frustratingly low, for the most part (this was especially noticeable in the Twilight map in the Wii U version, where even grunts could do several hearts worth of damage). About the only thing all those hearts were good for was Hero mode - and even then, you losing likely wouldn't be because you died. Aside from that, I'd like some alternate colors for the Legends DLC characters. As for curiosities, I'm curious as to whether or not the Legends DLC characters will get their own drops or not (after all, Twili Midna and Young Link both got their own material drops in Legends).

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

One thing I'm hoping for is that they actually make all those hearts you get good for something - the damage limits for an A rank in Adventure mode were frustratingly low, for the most part (this was especially noticeable in the Twilight map in the Wii U version, where even grunts could do several hearts worth of damage). About the only thing all those hearts were good for was Hero mode - and even then, you losing likely wouldn't be because you died. Aside from that, I'd like some alternate colors for the Legends DLC characters. As for curiosities, I'm curious as to whether or not the Legends DLC characters will get their own drops or not (after all, Twili Midna and Young Link both got their own material drops in Legends).

We'll have to wait and see if they retool everything to account for all the DLC characters or not. It could just be Legends but prettier and no need to pay for the DLC.

5 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Hearts being more useful already happened in Legends, since they're bringing all the content from both OG Hyrule Warriors and Legends to this one. You get a new weapon skill called Heart Power (5000 KOs to unlock) which ups your damage for every 5 max heart (and it's the only skill of it's kind in both type and KOs to unlock so you'll always know if you get it). At 60 hearts, you get something like 20-30% boost to your overall damage all the time which makes it a nobrainer to put on your best weapon builds.

The Legends DLC characters will be interesting. I think they might get their own drops, but I'm not gonna say for certain. I also believe we're not getting alternate colors for them if we don't get a new Adventure Map.

Oher than that, they're probably gonna balance all the content so you're able to clear it at Lv. 70-80 or so (with the level cap returning to 99).

On 19.1.2018 at 8:10 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I rarely heard of Ghirahim doing poorly. Ruto, the Baton and Agatha, yes to all of them being bad. But on a hypothetical tier list, well for the Wii U original, even after a bunch of updates Ghirahim was Upper Mid on GFAQs. His C5 has crowd clearing, it isn't the best, but it's very serviceable- better than non-Legends Fi's Officer and Giant Boss WPSing was for sure. The C2 is for juggling/Officer WPSing. A C1-C3 puts the hurt on lone officers. A C4 dodge canceled after the spikes appear is good for Giant Boss WPS. And C1 dagger spam deals okay chip for what little that is worth. Did Legends somehow nerf him?

I can see how character swapping would permit singularly flawed characters to be less bad, but if there are any solo challenges those flaws would still sting. Furthermore, being able to do everything well is still better, in worthless theory at least, than not being able to. 

Are you talking about this list?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KChWluS1vwmhNT3INyUWIzo-oycw1SRcNYbzZ4CF9H4/edit?usp=sharing

For the record, E Tier is where the first bad weapons appear. Everything in D Tier is average, and everything C and up is where weapons start to put out reliably good performances and keeps getting better from there.

Agitha is actually widely considered decent, but with a steep learning curve. She's good at 1-on-1, having solid combos, has one of the best WPSes in the game, and can deal with multiple officers alright. It's her crowdkilling and giant boss killing that holds her back: I don't think she's able to down the WPG on any boss without a special.

On the subject of hearts, I don't think they will for this game, but it would be really nice if they changed health requirements to be percentage based like FEW so getting max health increases actually means something when going for high scores (aside from the Heart Power skill, I guess). That seems to be a change FEW made that is more or less unanimously seen as a good idea.

New scans for Hyule Warriors: Definitive Edition:

http://nintendoeverything.com/scans-roundup-hototogisu-tairan-1553-hyrule-warriors-definitive-edition-valkyria-chronicles-4-more/

I don't read Japanese, but someone on GameFAQs said that it confirms that every weapon type will get a lv. 4+ version (aka every weapon will get a dual-element version), accompanied by a screenshot of Linkle with the Lv. 4+ version of her boots which, judging by the color, appears to be... light-elemental (same secondary element as her Crossbow's Lv. 4+ version).

On 1/17/2018 at 10:25 PM, Captain Karnage said:

I'm just going to wait a year or so for the deluxe deluxe edition comes out

I'm pretty sure KT will have their 8 different versions of the same game

Ah you might wanna wait for the ultra super deluxe dolby 2.0 surround nvidia 9000 super edition.  I can still remember the eye bleeding inducing game that was Gear of Halo Theft Auto 5 Salvation Army Edition.  

On 1/30/2018 at 12:05 AM, Folt said:

Hearts being more useful already happened in Legends, since they're bringing all the content from both OG Hyrule Warriors and Legends to this one. You get a new weapon skill called Heart Power (5000 KOs to unlock) which ups your damage for every 5 max heart (and it's the only skill of it's kind in both type and KOs to unlock so you'll always know if you get it). At 60 hearts, you get something like 20-30% boost to your overall damage all the time which makes it a nobrainer to put on your best weapon builds.

I had forgotten about that, but it just isn't enough for me, especially with the aforementioned lack of leniency regarding damage still being an issue (case in point, the last KO Competition on the Great Sea map, where the yellow team already starts out with high morale; winning is one thing, but winning while A ranking at the same time [while, in addition to my high morale rivals, I also have to worry about Argorok and Manhandla, both of whom can send my damage skyrocketing if they catch me off guard]? Hoo boy...)...

On 1/29/2018 at 10:12 PM, Jedi said:

We'll have to wait and see if they retool everything to account for all the DLC characters or not. It could just be Legends but prettier and no need to pay for the DLC.

You have a point there. And frankly, in the back of my mind, I've been thinking the same thing might be the case as well.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

You know, Adventure Mode is very much the reason I don't even consider getting this game. As fun as the game's mechanics are, Adventure Mode just isn't fun and it makes up the bulk of the game. And I'm not gonna put up with that slog a third time.

The ranking system that Adventure Mode revolves around is stupid for several reasons but probably the most important one is that always having to kill 1200 enemies and finishing the map in less then 15 minutes forces you to play every map in pretty much the same way. It really amplifies the repetitiveness of these games.

Edited by BrightBow

*Urgh* You know it really is still kinda tempting to get this game. Hyrule Warriors on Wii U basically never meet the very low bar of 30 FPS and would go down really low during any actual combat. It was quite frankly pathetic, especially for an action game. Legends was silky smooth by comparison (if played on the New 3DS) but it had it's own issues. Considering that Panty Emblem Warriors had the option to increase the framerate, I would expect that a Hyrule Warriors Switch port would follow suit. And yeah, the idea of a Hyrule Warriors with a smooth framerate is something that really appeals to me a lot.

But again, I just can't imagine going through Adventure Mode again. So I'm still pretty confident in saying that I won't get it.

On a sidenote, I wonder how fairies are going to work this time around. My impression of Fairy Nukes in Legends was that they primarily existed as a duct tape solution because the lower numbers of enemies on screen would make it basically impossible to kill 1200 enemies in 15 minutes in Adventure Mode. So I'm not sure what place they would have in a version that doesn't have these issues. Plus, I would imagine that if the Switch version renders as many or more enemies at the same time as the Wii U version, it would really struggle with an attack that instantly kills anything on a good portion of the map.

So new scans have been released:

New scans

Relevant Info:

• Shows the main "starting" roster from playing Legend Mode, with 17 characters. You still have to unlock everyone else, including all the DLC characters.
  • There is a cutscene viewer. Now you can rewatch everything.
  • They added a shop that seems to sell Items for Adventure Maps, but you have to have gotten the item at least once.

Thank fuck for the last one. It will make AM so much better instead of having to grind and grind. I just hope the Rupee glitch still exists.

Edited by Azz

Just now, Azz said:

New scans

Relevant Info:

• Shows the main "starting" roster from playing Legend Mode, with 17 characters. You still have to unlock everyone else, including all the DLC characters.
  • They added a shop that seems to sell Items for Adventure Maps, but you have to have gotten the item at least once.

Thank fuck for the last one. It will make AM so much better instead of having to grind and grind. I just hope the Rupee glitch still exists.

Wow that improves a lot of the issues I had with the adventure maps in one fell swoop.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What's the rupee glitch though?

Kill a Giant Boss in a certain way without using a Weak Point Smash (I think you need lots of peons around), and there is a small chance of causing the Rupees earned to go into an overflow error, bringing you from whatever value you currently had to the 9999999 max. Any character can do it, but I hear the Summoning Gate is good at it.

I never did it, but if you want to get everyone to level 255, the Rupee glitch is, if tedious, still less tedious than any other way of doing so. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, that shop does sound helpful!

What's the rupee glitch though?

It was basically a glitch where you got 9, 999, 999 rupees. I can't really explain it well, so here's a video:

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kill a Giant Boss in a certain way without using a Weak Point Smash (I think you need lots of peons around), and there is a small chance of causing the Rupees earned to go into an overflow error, bringing you from whatever value you currently had to the 9999999 max. Any character can do it, but I hear the Summoning Gate is good at it.

I never did it, but if you want to get everyone to level 255, the Rupee glitch is, if tedious, still less tedious than any other way of doing so. 

13 minutes ago, Azz said:

It was basically a glitch where you got 9, 999, 999 rupees. I can't really explain it well, so here's a video:

Hide contents

lol wow, I see! I might try that sometime. XD Looks like it isn't gamebreaking or anything, so seems safe to do.

5 hours ago, Azz said:

New scans

Relevant Info:

Thank fuck for the last one. It will make AM so much better instead of having to grind and grind. I just hope the Rupee glitch still exists.

That one doesn't actually make much of a difference to me. I suppose it helps a little but replaying maps is actually kinda fun because you do not have to worry about the rankings. All you have to do is win, so you are not forced into a specific playstyle that makes every battle feel the same.

Btw, in the hopes that this will get added to Hyrule Warriors, did the 60 fps mode in Fire Emblem Warriors work properly?

Edited by BrightBow

7 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Btw, in the hopes that this will get added to Hyrule Warriors, did the 60 fps mode in Fire Emblem Warriors work properly?

Yes, it works wonderfully.

8 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Pretty much what Jedi says. I can't go back to the 30fps mode even if it reduces the possibility of crashing.

Sorry for the double post, but I think this deserves its own post. DLC characters and weapons from Legends will be getting new 4+ weapons.

So far, the ones revealed are:

-Linkle's boots which now have Light on Lightning

-Toon Link's Sand Rod which now has Darkness on Fire

-Medli's Rito Harp which now has Water on Light

-Marin's Bell which now has Light on Water.

No doubt, the rest of the DLC characeters will get 4+ weapons too.

Source

Click into the characters profile and scroll down.

EDIT: Also more translations from the scans (Thanks to Reddit).

Based on the translator, all AM maps will be available from either Legend Modes completion or from the beginning. I believe it may be the former but he person translating wasn't very clear.

Edited by Azz

23 hours ago, John Denver Fan said:

I will have to pass if there isn't no new content added, for me I have the Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors, so it will be pointless for me to get it if there is no new characters or maps.

If you didn't get any DLC, or even if you just got the Wii U season pass, there actually will be a lot of new content for you, including multiple characters, weapons, and maps.

On 2/8/2018 at 10:51 PM, BrightBow said:

On a sidenote, I wonder how fairies are going to work this time around. My impression of Fairy Nukes in Legends was that they primarily existed as a duct tape solution because the lower numbers of enemies on screen would make it basically impossible to kill 1200 enemies in 15 minutes in Adventure Mode.

As far as Legends goes, I'd say the only time where getting the requisite KO count in time was a legitimate issue was in the lower-end "Rack up your KO Count!" maps, ironically.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia