Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition

Florete

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Anyone else experiencing a really annoying bug that causes your characters to randomly drop dead for no reason, even if they're full health? Nothing is touching them that should be doing so much damage. It's happening to me a lot on this adventure mode map that has Dark Impa, Sheik, and Zelda as enemies as well as two Mandhandlas.

For whatever reason, no matter who I use or how leveled up they are, this bug happens.

Oh yeah, and I did say I'd quit before, but... I guess I just didn't feel like staying away from the game any longer. But I might reconsider now...

It's probably a Hylian Ghost. Not technically a bug, but certainly annoying. On maps where this can happen, if you let the Hyrulean Soldier fall, a Hylian Ghost will replace one of your captains, which I believe can be either one of your playable characters or allied NPCs. If it takes one of the former, it counts as a death, and a death gives you a game over. So you just need to ensure the soldier lives.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

It's probably a Hylian Ghost. Not technically a bug, but certainly annoying. On maps where this can happen, if you let the Hyrulean Soldier fall, a Hylian Ghost will replace one of your captains, which I believe can be either one of your playable characters or allied NPCs. If it takes one of the former, it counts as a death, and a death gives you a game over. So you just need to ensure the soldier lives.

...I don't think that's what's happening. There isn't a Hyrulean soldier I have to keep alive on this map.

What's occurring is that all of a sudden, my character's health drains from full to zero. From nothing as far as I can tell. The game thinks my character is being attacked by something extremely powerful when it isn't. None of the actual legit attacks I've seen in this scenario did THAT much damage. Usually happens near one of the Manhandlas, but occasionally happened with one of the dark characters too.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I don't think that's what's happening. There isn't a Hyrulean soldier I have to keep alive on this map.

What's occurring is that all of a sudden, my character's health drains from full to zero. From nothing as far as I can tell. The game thinks my character is being attacked by something extremely powerful when it isn't. None of the actual legit attacks I've seen in this scenario did THAT much damage. Usually happens near one of the Manhandlas, but occasionally happened with one of the dark characters too.

Are you getting notified of a Hylian Ghost before the game over? If not, I have no idea.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

Are you getting notified of a Hylian Ghost before the game over? If not, I have no idea.

Nope, no such notification.

How am I supposed to win this adventure mode scenario if I don't find a way to prevent this bug...? Either my character dies or my ally does when I switch to them.

Edited by Anacybele

18 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Nope, no such notification.

How am I supposed to win this adventure mode scenario if I don't find a way to prevent this bug...? Either my character dies or my ally does when I switch to them.

What's the map? If possible, what square?

14 minutes ago, Dai said:

What's the map? If possible, what square?

...I don't remember at this point now. I eventually beat it anyway, though not without difficulty.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I don't remember at this point now. I eventually beat it anyway, though not without difficulty.

I think it was 800 enemies within 20 minutes (or did they drop the time back to 10 minutes?), given the dark Impa, Sheik, and Zelda. Because most such missions don't use dark characters.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

28 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I think it was 800 enemies within 20 minutes (or did they drop the time back to 10 minutes?), given the dark Impa, Sheik, and Zelda. Because most such missions don't use dark characters.

Yes, it was that one. I just don't remember which square on the map it was.

I want to get some discussion going in here because I don't like the GameFAQs board for this game.

I decided to compile my own personal tier list of most of the weapons in the game (I left a few off for unfamiliarity, they're at the bottom). I don't consider this any kind of definitive list, just my own impressions based on playing the game. I'll readily admit that positions could be biased by on my own levels, weapons, and crafted badges, but I am trying to judge the overall quality of the movesets. Lastly, entries are not ordered best-to-worst within the tiers, it's just roster order.

Spoiler

A
Hylian/Master Sword (Link)
Harp (Sheik)
Trident (Ganondorf)
Scepter (Cia)
Ocarina (Skull Kid)

B
Giant Blade (Impa)
Book of Sorcery (Lana)
Dominion Rod (Zelda)
Parasol (Agitha)
Shackle (Midna)
Demon Blade (Ghirahim)
Dragon Spear (Volga)
Mirror (Twili Midna)
Crossbows (Linkle)
Cutlass (Tetra)
Sail (King Daphnes)

C
Magic Rod (Link)
Gauntlets (Link)
Rapier (Zelda)
Great Swords (Ganondorf)
Hammer (Darunia)
Scimitars (Zant)
Ring (Wizzro)
Mask (Young Link)
Boots (Linkle)
Light Sword (Toon Link)
Rito Harp (Medli)
Bell (Marin)

D
Naginata (Impa)
Spear (Lana)
Summoning Gate (Lana)
Baton (Zelda)
Zora Scale (Ruto)
Balloon (Tingle)

E
Great Fairy (Link)
Goddess Blade (Fi)

Untiered
Horse (Link) - Played it a bit, but I don't know it very well.
Spinner (Link) - Same.
Sand Wand (Toon Link) - Haven't had a chance to play it yet.
Phantom Arms (Toon Zelda) - My gut feeling would be C tier, but I want more time with it.
Rental Hammer (Ravio) - Same as above, though with greater plausibility to be B tier.
Picture Frame (Yuga) - Played it once and I want to say B, possibly even A tier, but want more time with it.

Feel free to ask why I put anything where it is and offer your own insights.

I don't know much either, but I guess that list is okay. Though is Fi really that bad? I thought she was decent enough.

So, I have two pieces left to find in the illustration you fill up through the main story chapters not including Linkle and Cia's tales (those get you pieces for a different one). I don't know where they're at since I've completed the main story now. Anybody know?

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know much either, but I guess that list is okay. Though is Fi really that bad? I thought she was decent enough.

So, I have two pieces left to find in the illustration you fill up through the main story chapters not including Linkle and Cia's tales (those get you pieces for a different one). I don't know where they're at since I've completed the main story now. Anybody know?

They're in the first two missions in Legend mode, but you must be playing on hard mode to get them. The one in the first stage appears after using the Fairy Fountain, and the second requires keeping the Bombchus' health above half IIRC; there might be more to it. Oh, and you must be using Link with the Hylian Sword for the former, and Impa with the Giant Blade for the latter.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

10 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

They're in the first two missions in Legend mode, but you must be playing on hard mode to get them. The one in the first stage appears after using the Fairy Fountain, and the second requires keeping the Bombchus' health above half IIRC; there might be more to it. Oh, and you must be using Link with the Hylian Sword for the former, and Impa with the Giant Blade for the latter.

Oh. I don't think I can do hard mode. I'm not good at the game. And my characters are still rather low level and I'm always low on Rupees. Game doesn't give enough of them... I guess I won't complete any illustrations...

45 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She's pretty bad in my experience with her. She lacks pretty much anything that makes a character good; juggling, crowd clearing, weak point breaking, she's bad at all of it, and she can't even dodge roll out of some of her longer combo attacks. Her one saving grace is that her special is pretty good, but that's...well, nothing special. Most people experienced with the game agree she's one of the worst, if not the worst.

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess I won't complete any illustrations...

Not with that attitude, you won't!

You do seem to be having trouble with the game, so I'm going to recommend you GamesBrained's All About video guides. He's also currently remastering them for Definitive Edition, and you can see his progress on that here for updated guides. These videos go in-depth on every weapon in the game, explaining how all their standard and combo attacks work. Even if you think you know a character well I'd recommend you watch them, you might find out something you didn't know. He's also got Fire Emblem Warriors videos if you want to check those out.

13 minutes ago, Florete said:

She's pretty bad in my experience with her. She lacks pretty much anything that makes a character good; juggling, crowd clearing, weak point breaking, she's bad at all of it, and she can't even dodge roll out of some of her longer combo attacks. Her one saving grace is that her special is pretty good, but that's...well, nothing special. Most people experienced with the game agree she's one of the worst, if not the worst.

Not with that attitude, you won't!

You do seem to be having trouble with the game, so I'm going to recommend you GamesBrained's All About video guides. He's also currently remastering them for Definitive Edition, and you can see his progress on that here for updated guides. These videos go in-depth on every weapon in the game, explaining how all their standard and combo attacks work. Even if you think you know a character well I'd recommend you watch them, you might find out something you didn't know. He's also got Fire Emblem Warriors videos if you want to check those out.

Huh. I wonder what Koei was thinking when they made her then...

I don't have every character or every weapon right now though. And I really just want better ways of farming Rupees, as I think my problem is that my characters are too weak. Maybe I spread the leveling out too much. And replaying the same battles over and over and over is boring.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Huh. I wonder what Koei was thinking when they made her then...

I don't have every character or every weapon right now though. And I really just want better ways of farming Rupees, as I think my problem is that my characters are too weak. Maybe I spread the leveling out too much. And replaying the same battles over and over and over is boring.

Just watch the videos for the characters you do have. Every weapon is its own video. Honestly, from the sound of things, this might be what you need the most. An understanding of your character's abilities goes a long way. For example, I thought Sheik was really bad until I watched his video guide on her and realized there was a whole lot about her I didn't know and now I've got her as an A tier warrior.

Rupees can only bring any character up to the same as your current highest, so there's a real limit to how much that can help you. I haven't done anything I'd consider "farming" in this game and I'm doing fine with everyone at lv 30+ and over 3 million rupees. Stick to the first adventure map and the easier battles for now if you need to. The squares are color coded for difficulty (definitely not the best, but it's what we have) and the further out you go the harder they'll be.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

Just watch the videos for the characters you do have. Every weapon is its own video. Honestly, from the sound of things, this might be what you need the most. An understanding of your character's abilities goes a long way. For example, I thought Sheik was really bad until I watched his video guide on her and realized there was a whole lot about her I didn't know and now I've got her as an A tier warrior.

Rupees can only bring any character up to the same as your current highest, so there's a real limit to how much that can help you. I haven't done anything I'd consider "farming" in this game and I'm doing fine with everyone at lv 30+ and over 3 million rupees. Stick to the first adventure map and the easier battles for now if you need to. The squares are color coded for difficulty (definitely not the best, but it's what we have) and the further out you go the harder they'll be.

I see. Maybe I will then.

True. But how do you have so many rupees and everyone at those levels? The only character I have over lv. 30 is Link. Though several are over lv. 20. And I'm always at near zero rupees because of making badges and giving other characters levels. And I've branched out kinda far in the first adventure mode map already. I might be past all the easier battles. I also made it to one that requires Skull Kid who I don't have yet.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see. Maybe I will then.

True. But how do you have so many rupees and everyone at those levels? The only character I have over lv. 30 is Link. Though several are over lv. 20. And I'm always at near zero rupees because of making badges and giving other characters levels. And I've branched out kinda far in the first adventure mode map already. I might be past all the easier battles. I also made it to one that requires Skull Kid who I don't have yet.

For one, I've probably played a lot more than you by now, as I've mostly completed the first map and gotten to the end of the Great Sea. I also use EXP+ whenever I can. For the rupees, I've completed Ganon's Fury, which gives quite a lot of rupees on top of materials for certain characters and bosses, though I don't think that's where the majority of my rupees came from. For now I'd suggest you just focus on a few favorites rather than trying to raise everyone evenly.

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

For one, I've probably played a lot more than you by now, as I've mostly completed the first map and gotten to the end of the Great Sea. I also use EXP+ whenever I can. For the rupees, I've completed Ganon's Fury, which gives quite a lot of rupees on top of materials for certain characters and bosses, though I don't think that's where the majority of my rupees came from. For now I'd suggest you just focus on a few favorites rather than trying to raise everyone evenly.

Oh, okay, I see. My favorites are Link, Zelda, Volga, Ghirahim, and Fi right now. You said Fi is really bad though, so I guess I should only use her if she's required for something. So I suppose I should focus on those other four.

When I unlock Toon Link, Medli, and Ravio though, I'll want to use them a lot too. I really liked them back in their own games.

53 minutes ago, Florete said:

What? I thought Fi was good at crowd clearing?

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

What? I thought Fi was good at crowd clearing?

Her C4 is the best she has, and even that is just okay. C5 is a possibility if she finds herself getting to that part of her attack string while still surrounded by enemies, but it's not going to be useful most of the time. Crowd clearing is probably what she's best at, but that's only because she's just that bad at other things.

I checked those first two legend mode missions for those Gold Skulltulas, btw and they're not listed under the "check Skulltulas" button. I've completed legend mode and can pick hard mode too.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I checked those first two legend mode missions for those Gold Skulltulas, btw and they're not listed under the "check Skulltulas" button. I've completed legend mode and can pick hard mode too.

Have you finished all of Legend mode? This includes Cia's story, Linkle's story, and the Windwaker epilogue. All of it needs to be completed before these skulltulas will appear.

Just now, Florete said:

No, they're all available at the same time.

Oh goodie. That means I can unlock everyone in no time.

Is the Great Sea map unplayable until I get the hammer like was the case in Legends?