Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition

Florete

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Oh goodie. That means I can unlock everyone in no time.

Is the Great Sea map unplayable until I get the hammer like was the case in Legends?

I don't know myself, but I've heard you can force it with magic and specials even if you don't have the hammer.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Florete said:

Have you finished all of Legend mode? This includes Cia's story, Linkle's story, and the Windwaker epilogue. All of it needs to be completed before these skulltulas will appear.

Oh. No, I didn't finish Cia's tale yet. I see now.

I'm about to unlock Skull Kid. I'll go back into legend mode after that.

Sorry to double post, but I need advice.

I can't seem to find a way to win this battle in adventure mode that says defeat enemies while collecting treasure. Rewards are a heart container for Zant, a piece of heart for Young Link, and (with an A rank) a super rare material.

The problem is that the allied base seems to constantly CONSTANTLY be under a lot of attacks. I can't leave for five seconds without it being bombarded again, even after I take out one of the enemy commanders.

18 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry to double post, but I need advice.

I can't seem to find a way to win this battle in adventure mode that says defeat enemies while collecting treasure. Rewards are a heart container for Zant, a piece of heart for Young Link, and (with an A rank) a super rare material.

The problem is that the allied base seems to constantly CONSTANTLY be under a lot of attacks. I can't leave for five seconds without it being bombarded again, even after I take out one of the enemy commanders.

Who are you trying to clear it with? Anyway, I'd take out everything before taking out one of the indicated captains, preferably the Stalmaster since its path takes it through your base. And force one of the commanders to come for your base rather than trying to fight them in theirs, which triggers a morale boost for the other side.

6 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Who are you trying to clear it with? Anyway, I'd take out everything before taking out one of the indicated captains, preferably the Stalmaster since its path takes it through your base. And force one of the commanders to come for your base rather than trying to fight them in theirs, which triggers a morale boost for the other side.

Young Link because I had him leveled up decently and that piece of heart I mentioned. Zant is too low leveled right now, so I neglected to use him. But I see, I can try that.

I can't seem to pick up a stronger weapon for Young Link though. I almost never find any of his to begin with.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Young Link because I had him leveled up decently and that piece of heart I mentioned. Zant is too low leveled right now, so I neglected to use him. But I see, I can try that.

I can't seem to pick up a stronger weapon for Young Link though. I almost never find any of his to begin with.

Are you familiar with Young Link's gimmick of transferring his special to his magic? My first suggestion would be to use Fierce Deity to clear out your base completely when it gets overrun before going anywhere. I realize this isn't much, but I'll need to check the map myself to suggest anything else.

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

Are you familiar with Young Link's gimmick of transferring his special to his magic? My first suggestion would be to use Fierce Deity to clear out your base completely when it gets overrun before going anywhere. I realize this isn't much, but I'll need to check the map myself to suggest anything else.

Yeah, of course, and I do that whenever I can, but transferring even a full special meter doesn't fill up the magic meter enough to use it. So there are few times where I have enough magic.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, of course, and I do that whenever I can, but transferring even a full special meter doesn't fill up the magic meter enough to use it. So there are few times where I have enough magic.

It sounds like you need more crests for YL's magic and special gauges.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

It sounds like you need more crests for YL's magic and special gauges.

I believe I made him some. I know I've given a lot of characters a second special gauge, at least. But maybe he doesn't have enough, yeah.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I believe I made him some. I know I've given a lot of characters a second special gauge, at least. But maybe he doesn't have enough, yeah.

Young Link definitely needs them more than anyone else. Make as many as you possibly can.

On the weapons front, weapon drops always include one for whomever you're using. So if your weapon isn't up to snuff, try using a Weapon Star mixture with Young Link. Which makes me think, how strong is the one you're using?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Like 89... I can't seem to get anything for him that's over 100 power.

So, I did chapter 2 on hard with Impa using her knife weapon and kept everyone above 50% health after destroying the three rock spire things and no Skulltula. Why? The requirements said exactly this, except replace "characters above 50% health" with "???." From the way it's worded, it sounded to me like it meant the three characters you can play as in this one. But if not, then who has to stay above 50% health?

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Like 89... I can't seem to get anything for him that's over 100 power.

So, I did chapter 2 on hard with Impa using her knife weapon and kept everyone above 50% health after destroying the three rock spire things and no Skulltula. Why? The requirements said exactly this, except replace "characters above 50% health" with "???." From the way it's worded, it sounded to me like it meant the three characters you can play as in this one. But if not, then who has to stay above 50% health?

The Bombchus.

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The Bombchus.

Oh, okay. Yeah, one of them did slip below 50%, now that I think about it. I wish it would've just said this instead of throwing in question marks to make it more annoying though...

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, okay. Yeah, one of them did slip below 50%, now that I think about it. I wish it would've just said this instead of throwing in question marks to make it more annoying though...

They want to make it a puzzle for you to figure out.

1 hour ago, Dai said:

They want to make it a puzzle for you to figure out.

How are we supposed to figure it out though? We're not given any clues or anything.

Process of elimination. Probably take what isn't player-controlled usually, or see which aspect is unique to that fight compared to most others.

24 minutes ago, Dai said:

Process of elimination. Probably take what isn't player-controlled usually, or see which aspect is unique to that fight compared to most others.

I doubt I would've ever figured it out even that way without attempting it several times over though, and that'd be annoying...

Okay, I don't see any way around this...

It looks like the requirements for the Skulltula in Skyloft on hard is to keep Fi above 50% health until you use the magic circle and Link has to be using the Hylian sword. But she takes too much damage no matter what I do. She's not playable in this, she's just an ally, so I can't heal her until she's very low.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, I don't see any way around this...

It looks like the requirements for the Skulltula in Skyloft on hard is to keep Fi above 50% health until you use the magic circle and Link has to be using the Hylian sword. But she takes too much damage no matter what I do. She's not playable in this, she's just an ally, so I can't heal her until she's very low.

Do you have any companion fairies? If not, then try breaking pots in keeps in Adventure mode. One of the effects that their magic can gain heals allied units.

13 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Do you have any companion fairies? If not, then try breaking pots in keeps in Adventure mode. One of the effects that their magic can gain heals allied units.

No. I decided to ignore them because no matter what, I just can't find any when I look for them on maps that you can find them in.

On 6/19/2018 at 2:10 PM, Anacybele said:

No. I decided to ignore them because no matter what, I just can't find any when I look for them on maps that you can find them in.

Fair enough. Incidentally, breaking pots in keeps is how you find food for them. Though that isn't shown until you find one.

Anyway, what's the power of the weapon you're using? And I'd stay close to her unless your base is being threatened.

20 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Fair enough. Incidentally, breaking pots in keeps is how you find food for them. Though that isn't shown until you find one.

Anyway, what's the power of the weapon you're using? And I'd stay close to her unless your base is being threatened.

The strongest version of the Hylian Sword I have, which is 225 in power.

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The strongest version of the Hylian Sword I have, which is 225 in power.

Okay. Like I stated, I’d stay close to her unless the base is threatened (Ghirahim shouldn’t be a factor as you'll run into him en route; however, the Keep Saboteurs are a big issue, so don’t forget to activate the owl statue near the goddess statue, and I’d also activate the statue near the West Town Keep before disposing of them).