Official Street Fighter Character Popularity Poll Results

Randoman

The results for Capcom's official character popularity poll have just come in. You can see the results in image form on the link here.

If you don't want to check out the link for yourself, for whatever reason, I'll at least give you the top 10:

1. Sakura

2. Makoto

3. Juri

4. Q

5. Cody

6. Chun-Li

7. Sagat

8. Akuma

9. Ryu

10. Blanka

Here's the official popularity poll results from 2013, in case you want to reference them and see the differences.

I have to say, the results for the current poll seem a bit off/weird to me. Ryu and Ken seem way too low and Makoto and Skullomania seem way too high (I know the latter has quite the cult fanbase, but 16th place from a cult fanbase seems way too much), and I'm not saying that out of personal bias. Some of the other rankings/placements also seem weird, but those are the main 4 that stand out the most to me.

Weird placements aside, I'm very glad to see the general popularity of the Street Fighter V newcomers. To save you the work, here's the list with Street Fighter V newcomers (the ones as of 2016-2017) only.

1. Rashid

2. Laura

3. Menat

4. Kolin

5. Abigail

6. F.A.N.G.

7. Ed

8. Zeku

9. Necali

I'm relieved to see Abigail and F.A.N.G. aren't as unliked as online communities make them out to be (keep in mind, I said "unliked", not "disliked". So even if they have a lot of haters, they at least have a decent amount of fans). I'm especially happy that Rashid is the most popular of the Street Fighter V newcomers (and that the... controversy around his reveal date didn't have too much of a long term effect). Based on both his popularity and his prominence in Street Fighter V's story mode, I feel like he'd be the best Street Fighter V newcomer to be included in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

These results are honestly pretty surprising, at least to me they are. I had no idea that Makoto of all characters would have made 2nd place, let alone the top ten. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against her character, but I didn't realize she was so popular until now. The rest of the top ten seems pretty standard(and quite shoto heavy). Shame I didn't hear about this poll earlier because I would have loved to participate.