Tempest Trials Mini: Shrouded by the Storm!

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

TT Mini's Japanese name is あなたを信じます, which means "I/I'll trust you," not 倍じます, which isn't a word. No idea who the boss is but I'm guessing it's SS themed since there's a new banner before the upcoming TT.

I knew I messed up the kanji. Sucks to me an ignoramus like me!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

TT Mini's Japanese name is あなたを信じます, which means "I/I'll trust you," not 倍じます, which isn't a word. No idea who the boss is but I'm guessing it's SS themed since Lyon is available as GHB before the TT starts. Arvis was a bonus unit in the Holy War TT so I'm thinking they'll do something similar.

Oh boy! For all of you Eirika x Lyon fanboys out there like me, this was a really painful moment.

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

That...makes even less sense. It makes me think of Legion, but I doubt it. 

Now I’m not sure if this TT will be SS themed.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Only one way to know: @Ice Dragon to the rescue!

29 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

TT Mini's Japanese name is あなたを信じます, which means "I/I'll trust you," not 倍じます, which isn't a word. No idea who the boss is but I'm guessing it's SS themed since Lyon is available as GHB before the TT starts. Arvis was a bonus unit in the Holy War TT so I'm thinking they'll do something similar.

I'll second that "I/I'll trust you" is the name of the Tempest Trials in Japanese.

With the significant coincidence that we have Lyon as a Grand Hero Battle and the fact that "I trust you" makes complete sense in reference to Eirika and Lyon, I'd say the chance of a Sacred Stones Tempest Trials is reasonably high.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

With the significant coincidence that we have Lyon as a Grand Hero Battle and the fact that "I trust you" makes complete sense in reference to Eirika and Lyon, I'd say the chance of a Sacred Stones Tempest Trials is reasonably high.

I'm already getting the feels.

Looks like Marisa is finally getting added to Heroes....

Hopefully they add some of my Sacred Stones favs like Garcia and Tethys, another dancer in this game would be nice. Myrrh would also be a nice addition if she's a Green Dragon, kinda sad that Fae is the only Green dragon right now.

I'm guessing L'arachel will be the free unit, if there really is a new one rather than a repeat of Joshua. L'arachel, Myrrh, and Marisa are all characters that seem likely to be at the top of their FE8 list, and I don't think they'll all be on the banner because that'd be an all-female banner. Myrrh seems likely to be a big enough deal that I don't see her as a free unit, while Marisa would be a bit odd after having Joshua as a previous TT reward, so if they really are adding all three, that leaves L'arachel.

Edited by Othin

Marisa and L'Arachel are essentially locks as far as I'm concerned, can't imagine anyone else aside from maybe Gerik or Ewan as a dark horse.

As for the other units, Duessel is story significant and could wield Garm but I'm really really hoping that it's Ross instead. If it's Myrrh then Duessel will likely be the TT reward which I'm more okay with instead of Ross being such a limited unit. Still it being a Mini is fantastic either way. That +RES/-SPD Erika I've been sitting on might get some use if Lute isn't a bonus unit this time around.

Since the Tempest is happening so close to the anniversary, I'd have assumed this would be some "revealing" Tempest as opposed to a themed Tempest, but hey I also wouldn't expect the "story" of the tempest to end anytime soon...

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'll second that "I/I'll trust you" is the name of the Tempest Trials in Japanese.

I see. Thanks! And considering the line, I imagine either Lyon or Eirika will be the boss. And the map will be the volcano one, since it’s there where the scene happens.

Top waifu bait: La'Rachel, Myrrh, Marisa

Top lads: Gerik, Cormag, Ross(?).  I really have no idea.

Sacred Stones was somewhat poorly represented in the last CYL, and the most popular characters are already in the game (Joshua, Seth, Amelia, Tana).  It's a good bet that we'll get two female characters and one male character, and the TT reward as Joshua.

Looking at the SS units...

Ephraim, Amelia, Tana, Innes, Lute, Joshua, Erika, Lyon + 3 New units and TT reward.

There are only 8 Bonus unit slots and there will be 12 SS units when it's all said and done so I really wonder who are going to be the bonus units. I want to say Erika is a lock but she could very well get the Takumi/Robin treatment and be the boss of the Tempest and not featured as a unit. The 3 banner units are in guaranteed so that leaves the TT bonus unit who's generally always featured as a bonus unit so they're in. I'm going to say It's going to be the 3 new units + Ephraim as the 40% units.

Then for the 20% units you still have Amelia/Tana/Innes/Lute/Joshua/Lyon. Lyon is a new GHB unit so he'll likely share a spot as a 20% unit with the TT reward and that leaves 2 slots left. Joshua is probably out since he was a TT reward bonus unit on the last TT with SS characters. Lute was also a bonus unit so she's up in the air but then it's between her, Amelia, Tana and Innes. Forgot about Seth, he's a possibility too.

TL;DR: Marisa/L'Arachel/Ross|Duessel|Myrrh and Ephraim are probably the 40% units. Lyon and the TT reward are probably 2 of the 20% units and the last two are up in the air but Erika is probably the boss and likely not a bonus unit at all.

Edited by Zeo

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Ephraim, Amelia, Tana, Innes, Lute, Joshua, Erika, Lyon + 3 New units and TT reward.

Elincia is missing, but she, Innes, Joshua and Amelia already have been bonus units to the first SS TTs, in contrast to the "old" SS units (E&E). 

Edit: I mixed up those old games, sorry. Also Amelia and Innes have not been bonus units. Time to go to bed (again). 

Edited by mampfoid

Let's go Myrrh! La'Rachel too. How bout you toss us Cormag too? Male fliers are in short supply, especially summonable ones.

While I don't think she's likely, I'd enjoy seeing Tethys too, mostly because I'm curious what weapon they'd give her. Can't do a staff because assist skills. Dagger? Sword? Maybe a red tome?

48 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

Let's go Myrrh! La'Rachel too. How bout you toss us Cormag too? Male fliers are in short supply, especially summonable ones.

While I don't think she's likely, I'd enjoy seeing Tethys too, mostly because I'm curious what weapon they'd give her. Can't do a staff because assist skills. Dagger? Sword? Maybe a red tome?

Tethys would be a red tome user because she could use dark magic in SS.

Seriously though that would be one of the most meta things if they did that, I would love it so much.

12 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Seriously though that would be one of the most meta things if they did that, I would love it so much.

It's also a nice nod to being the sister of Ewan.

We already have blue tome Sigure and green tome Inigio- it makes perfect sense!

11 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

That would be super cool, especially if they actually called it Crimson Eye or Stone. They have the easy route of her being Ewan's sister, but it'd be much cooler if they went that direction with it instead. 

I’m pretty sure Marisa is going to be the Nephenee of the banner, and next to guaranteed to be in due scoring pretty damn high in CYL compared to anyone else remaining to added from SS. I wouldn’t mind that myself, she looks pretty!

La’Rachel is pretty likely too, especially since we haven’t had a healer added to the game since JUNE. With them actually being viable now there’s no better time for her to be added to the game. Of course they could throw a curveball and give her a tome but that feels unnecessary.

The third potential choice confuses me the most. If I had my way, I’d go for someone like Myrrh, since it’s about time we get a new dragon unit added (hopefully green for that matter). However I doubt we’ll have a banner that is completely female. Maybe... Franz? Ross? Pull an Oscar and add one of the Christmas knights? 

For the 20% characters I think Eirika, Ephraim, Tana, and Innes/Seth are going to be the ones chose. The Renais siblings are a no brainer, Tana seems likely due to the connection to the two of them (being a bff and a potential lover), and either Innes could join his younger sister or Seth to be a pity breaker over Eirika.

I wonder if Joshua will be a reward or not.

I have most of the SS heroes so I should have a bonus unit, I really hope Innes is one just so I can use him with buffs.  I am expecting Joshua to be rerun on this on since it is a mini TT, but I can hope for a new unit.  As to the banner who I want on it would be Myrrh, Cormag and Gerik but I don't think they would do a banner with more guys then girls.  Honestly I am just glad to get Lyon and if I get Myrrh and a new TT reward unit I will be very happy.

26 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

s to the banner who I want on it would be Myrrh, Cormag and Gerik but I don't think they would do a banner with more guys then girls.

They are doing that right now with Micaiah and her bodyguards. The female pool of additions is smaller than the male, so outside of seasonals, factoring in their overuse of females so far, male slanted banners might be getting more common.

Also, I'm not big on Marisa. I'd attribute much of her popularity to being a cute looking female with a sword. Change her sex, and she'd sink like a rock. I just minutes ago reread her supports after eons, and my bile for her has been tempered. I wouldn't say she is Mia bad, and I'm willing to forgive a stoic character for being stoic more than a perky one for being monotone (aka I don't forgive Mia), but personally she isn't amazing. She was raised by a hard-knock father who only trained her to fight and nothing else, so she is stoic, though not actively hating others. Her supports were better than I remembered, but not particularly amazing, just average-ish overall.

Of course not everyone need appreciate everyone deeply, not even I do, having shallow loves is fine, and so is thinking characters are deeper than others would say they are.

26 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Anyone can use Dark Magic in FE8, if Tethys gets it, then I demand a Demon Surge Eirika. And a Demon Light Amelia.

Just who oh who is the reward going to be? Eirika and Lyon already exist. I'm at a loss as to who. But I don't think they'll pick anyone bad.

8 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I see. Thanks! And considering the line, I imagine either Lyon or Eirika will be the boss. And the map will be the volcano one, since it’s there where the scene happens.

"Um, could I borrow all your Orbs for a minute? Please? I'm not going to do anything to them, I just have this one disease, and Orbs are the only thing that will treat it."

Options: Give all your Orbs.

Give all your Orbs.

You are too sweet to choose otherwise.

8 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I knew I messed up the kanji. Sucks to me an ignoramus like me!

Well "I will multiply you" is quite funny a mistake so at least you succeeded in failure. Made me think of Gaiden Mogalls (fun memories), and procreation.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Anyone can use Dark Magic in FE8, if Tethys gets it, then I demand a Demon Surge Eirika. And a Demon Light Amelia.

Is this a glitch I haven't heard about? What's this business about anyone being able to use Dark magic?

Edited by NekoKnight

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Is this a glitch I haven't heard about? What's this business about anyone being able to use Dark magic?

If you use the mine glitch, possible on the map with the gorgons, you can trade monster weapons into your inventory. None of them give WEXP with the exception of Stone, but if you take enough Stones, you can raise a couple characters high enough to use flux, and in turn, all dark magic.