Tempest Trials Mini: Shrouded by the Storm!

Vaximillian

Just now, Cornguy said:

If you use the mine glitch, possible on the map with the gorgons, you can trade monster weapons into your inventory. None of them give WEXP with the exception of Stone, but if you take enough Stones, you can raise a couple characters high enough to use flux, and in turn, all dark magic. 

That sounds genuinely amusing.

Red Tome Tethys sounds amazing.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Is this glitch I haven't heard about? What's this business about anyone being able to use Dark magic?

The wrongly named "Mine Trick"- after the control enemies glitch using a Mine item in FE7.

Put a Phantom on a former broken wall or snag tile and let them die. As they die, reset the game. When you start up again, you'll be able to control the enemies. Anyone can use the monster exclusive Dark Magics like Evil Eye since it has no weapon rank associated. Stone, obtainable from Gorgons and Gorgon Eggs in Neleras Peak, give WEXP, which means if a PC uses two Stone tomes in full, they'll gain a Dark Magic rank and can use Flux and the rest of the human stuff. Animations for a non-magic user won't work if they attack with glitched magic though, and with Tethys animations might freeze the game from what I remember.

Myrrh can use monster weapons like Hellfang, Sharp Talons, and even Wretched Air too.

Explanation here:

Spoiler

Mine Trick v2

(Often referred to as the Phantom glitch or other names.)

Examples of where to make the enemy attack from.

Examples of where to make the enemy attack from.

As the name suggests, this is similar to the Mine Trick that featured in Blazing Sword, which allowed you to control enemy units. Unlike that game, there is no Mine item (without using cheat codes anyway), but a similar effect can be achieved with flame tiles and broken snags. To use this trick, you need to have an enemy attack while standing on a flame tile or broken snag (where the snag used to be). Once the enemy finishes attacking, and before another enemy moves, reset the game. When you resume the game, you should be able to control the enemies. This might take a few tries to work but, once you get the hang of it, you can pull off it with near 100% success.

Note: It has been reported that this also works on normal tiles, but the chances of success are very very slim.

(See also: Youtube video – Using the Mine Trick to repair items, by ThunderManEX)

Obtain Monster Weapons

This requires usage of the Mine Trick v2.

By using the Mine Trick, there are two ways to obtain monster weapons (since enemies can’t trade with player characters). The easiest method is to move the enemy monster next to the supply character (Eirika or Ephraim) and make them deposit their items. The other method is to find a monster that will drop a weapon or items, use the Mine Trick to control them and make them switch items so their monster weapon drops instead.

So what’s the point of getting these weapons?

Firstly, the monster Dark magic (such as Shadowshot) can be used with any character. Note that only Stone gives Weapon EXP (as long as it has more than 1 use), so using other monster Dark magic won’t increase a character’s Dark magic rank. Also, offensive magic units (such as Mages) can wield Dark Magic fine, but giving other units Dark magic may screw up their battle animations. Secondly, monster weapons with no rank can be given to Myrrh.

Repair Any Item

This requires usage of the Mine Trick v2 (twice).

Yes, Gorgons can even equip Gleipnir and Naglfar.

Yes, Gorgons can even equip Gleipnir and Naglfar.

First position your supply character (either Eirika or Ephraim) in front of a Gorgon Egg. Activate the Mine Trick and make the Gorgon Egg retrieve four items from your supply. Make sure that the first item being held by the Gorgon Egg is useless, because it will disappear later. Once the Gorgon Egg hatches, you’ll notice that the four items will have full uses again, but you’ll need to get them back first! Activate the Mine Trick again and make the hatched Gorgon deposit the items back into the storage. This works for all weapons, staves and items (even Myrrh’s Dragonstone).

Note: Be careful when trying to repair the Dragonstone or any Dark magic tomes, since Gorgons can use them.

I can no longer edit the above post because I made it so big, but ignore that part about using Phantoms since its  and just read the spoilered stuff for those who want an explanation of the trick. I was stupid for not just doing that.

1 minute ago, Cornguy said:

Tethys freezes the game if she doubles, since her animation doesn't reset after her attack. So the game just sits there forever. Same thing if you hack to make Ninian or Nils use magic in FE7.

I thought so, since I used the trick once myself. It's good if you want to grind in Valni without wasting Gold doing so. Beyond Tethys (just turn off her animations and that'll be fixed), the trick does little to no harm.

Although I do recall bringing Stone to the Link Arena once, and after getting Stone and killed or something, Gilliam said his death quote, which is weird since characters don't do that in Link Arena battles normally, but I don't remember much else from the one time that happened.

And Nils would be adorable with Excalibur since you've put the thought in my head. And Ninian obviously deserves Fimbulvetr.

On 19/01/2018 at 8:03 AM, Clogon said:

My bet is Lute since she hasn't been re-featured yet.

Edit: I hope Erika gets a refine upgrade with this!

I'm expecting her to get an upgrade in the version update on the 7th. Fingers crossed!

21 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh boy! For all of you Eirika x Lyon fanboys out there like me, this was a really painful moment.

Oh yeah, the feels are coming...

Assuming that 3 of the new banner units are going to be on 40% list, who do you think will be the fourth? I'm guessing Eirika. Lyon, the TT reward unit, Ephraim and Seth will probably be the 20%.

7 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Assuming that 3 of the new banner units are going to be on 40% list, who do you think will be the fourth? I'm guessing Eirika. Lyon, the TT reward unit, Ephraim and Seth will probably be the 20%.

They might be nice and do what they did for the NY TT, have the reward hero be the other 40%

I'm kinda hoping that Myrrh will be the reward for this TT, if it is Sacred Stones-themed (which I'm guessing it is, since it's running close to the Lyon Grand Hero Battle) and isn't a Joshua rerun (which it might not be, given that the last TT Mini had a new unit for the reward unit). Mostly because we don't have any free dragon unit yet, though honestly I'd be happy with any Sacred Stones unit as a reward (even a Joshua rerun. That guy has Windsweep and Close DEF, and both of those are good skills that I'd like to give to a few units).

Duessel would be nice though. Especially if he came with Garm.

Also looking forward to seeing which skill I didn't think would be a Sacred Seal becomes a Sacred Seal this time.

As for bonus units, I'd guess the three banner units and the reward unit for 40%, then Lyon, one of Ephraim or Eirika, and two of Lute/Amelia/Tana/Innes/Seth for 20%.

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

91k points and only rank 3585. Man these people are crazy. Forget top 1k, I'm going to just try to stay in the top 5k.

wrong TT. this is the sacred stones one, not new years. lol

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

CC seal plz. My Deirdre's warding stance needs something to make dragon emblem cower in fear.

Warding Stance doesn't help against refined breath weapons, though, and Triangle Adept Tiki doesn't care about Divine Naga anyways.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Warding Stance doesn't help against refined breath weapons, though, and Triangle Adept Tiki doesn't care about Divine Naga anyways.

Deirdre can still one shot Blue Dragons I suppose. Can't refine breath weapons on me when yer dead.

Maybe Warding Stance with Close Counter (with QR seal). Although that would be a lot of investment.

6 minutes ago, TheVinceKnight said:

Deirdre can still one shot Blue Dragons I suppose. Can't refine breath weapons on me when yer dead.

Maybe Warding Stance with Close Counter (with QR seal). Although that would be a lot of investment.

Dragons hit the lower defense stat, so raising your resistance won't help.  

baIv4Y4l.png

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If I counterattack at range 1 is my mage still considered range 2?

17 minutes ago, TheVinceKnight said:

The AI does not cower in fear, and player-controlled Dragon Emblem just has Tiki bait Deirdre out.

17 minutes ago, TheVinceKnight said:

Warding Stance and Close Counter are both A-slot skills. And Deirdre wants Steady Stance to deal with refined breath weapons, not Warding Stance.

Just now, silveraura25 said:

Yes. The effect checks the weapon type, not the actual range of combat.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The AI does not cower in fear, and player-controlled Dragon Emblem just has Tiki bait Deirdre out.

Warding Stance and Close Counter are both A-slot skills. And Deirdre wants Steady Stance to deal with refined breath weapons, not Warding Stance.

I mean if you fail to beat an AI controlled Deirdre pffft.

Yeah my brain didn't even click there for those slots. Huge derp.

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

One more thing just for clarification purposes:

The breath refinement effect checks the opponent's weapon type and not even the opponent's weapon (unequipped units still count as their weapon type).

The skill condition would most accurately have been written as "If in combat against a bow, dagger, tome, or staff user" because that wording is agnostic of the actual range of combat and whether or not the opponent has a weapon equipped (Weaponbreaker skills, for example, also do not care if the opponent has a weapon equipped, just that the opponent is the matching weapon type).