Tempest Trials Mini: Shrouded by the Storm!

Vaximillian

Interestingly enough, the rewards for clearing the tempest trials three times are double the usual. Because we had a mini tempest last time, perhaps the doubled rewards are so the two will function like a normal tempest.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooo, goodie, we're finally getting a bit of plot to do with the Tempest, instead just the usual "The world is ending, help me save it." I was wondering when that might happen. Loki starting up the Tempest was still one of the big question marks about her for me.

With the selection of bonus Heroes, I'm for once actually left with multiple teams I could use. I could either bring my new makeshift cavalry team with Gunnthrá and grind the SP that Sigurd and Elise still need, or I could bring one of my infantry teams with Fjorm and grind Alfonse and Fjorm's support. I might end up just alternating between the teams so I don't get bored while grinding for reward orbs.

Edited by C. Turtle

IS: So we know that everyone was happy with the last batch of sacred seals so we've got an even bigger surprise for you this time.

The players: Is it speed ploy? Oh, oh! Or Vantage?

IS: Even better!

The players: Ahh! It can't be! Close counter?!

The players: Distant counter?! Oh my god! Oh my god!

IS: Nope!

The players: Huh... Um, I guess Emblia ward then?

IS: Nah. We thought we'd spoil you this time with poison strike, hone attack and drive def! Isn't that amazing!

The players: ................Kay

Edited by silveraura25

I've only got Fjorm sadly, until Marisa shows up at any rate. And it's not water season, which is a shame. Until then I'll probably run my new Alm as a medic, a dancer and a mage. It's so generic it'll be like the first TT again!

TT boosted Fjorm kills archers, mages and reds, while Myrrh kills everything else even without TT boosts. Final map is really easy this time.

One thing to note about the drive def seal is that it starts as a level 2 seal due to its base being spur def 1

Edited by Korath88

Disappointment aside Fjorm can easily auto battle Lunatic 5 with the Quick Riposte seal and a healer, Lancina also gets pretty bonkers although the lack of range hurts (she gets better with the QP seal) but S!Xander is a liability because he can get one rounded by any red mage. I'll change him for Marisa as soon as I can.

That was unexpected ... 

I have Fjorm, Gunnthra, Axura and Lancina. I'll start with Gunnthra to play my first Horse Emblem since a long time. 

No blessing? That's strange, but I didn't use any of the water and wind blessings I got, so ... 

With those seal awards I should upgrade Guidance, but I'm playing horses, so I'll sit on those coins (and other stuff). 

10 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

IS: So we know that everyone was happy with the last batch of sacred seals so we've got an even bigger surprise for you this time.

The players: Is it speed ploy? Oh, oh! Or Vantage?

The players: Ahh! It can't be! Close counter?!

The players: Distant counter?! Oh my god! Oh my god!

IS: Nope!

The players: Huh... Um, I guess Emblia ward then?

IS: Nah. We thought we'd spoil you this time with poison strike, hone attack and drive def! Isn't that amazing!

The players: ................Kay

Hone ATK and Poison Strike isn't that bad. (I'm looking at Jaffar and the other staff users/dancers for Hone ATK)

Wow, what a lame ass bunch of sacred seals. Granted, we’ve been spoiled rotten for the past couple TTs, but aside from Hone Attack these are decidedly meh. 

I guess the good part is I can invest in Defense Ploy instead. 

Fjorm, PA Azura, Brave Lucina, Summer Robin, Summer Xander, and soon, Marisa as my bonus units...

Wish we knew ahead of time.

Hone Atk seal is neat since Hone Atk is probably the most popular non-themed C-passive. Poison Strike and Drive Def aren't bad due to their max tier weighing in at 240 SP cost.

80 Sacred Coins this time around since no useless Blessing being offered as a reward.

Oh yeah, Drive Def being a seal - that means that dual C-passives like other Drive skills and dual Spurs may be seals in future TTs.

Edited by Roflolxp54

5 minutes ago, Will O'Donnell said:

Hone ATK and Poison Strike isn't that bad. (I'm looking at Jaffar and the other staff users/dancers for Hone ATK)

It's that they're all mediocre seals at best. Staff users are better off with savage blow seal. Hone attack is okay, but that's all I can say about it. Drive def is good on NY!Corrin, but that's all who I can think of.

Just now, silveraura25 said:

It's that they're all mediocre seals at best. Staff users are better off with savage blow seal. Hone attack is okay, but that's all I can say about it. Drive def is good on NY!Corrin, but that's all who I can think of.

Yeah... I think they don't want to have OP seals like Vantage, DC or CC because things can get crazy nasty.

I have Fjorm, Gunnthra, and PA Azura, but Azura is very near HM capped so I don't want to use her here. I also have Brave Lucina but she's similarly close (she's been a bonus unit twice now but I got her to 3k HM on a TT where she wasn't...). So I'm using Mage Eirika, Fjorm, Gunnthra, and Priscilla as my team. It's certainly working out so far even though they aren't all decked out on skills yet, three double A runs in a row.

Looks like the boss is Loki disguised as Fjorm...interesting. Also, does Drive Def only need one upgrade? It's no QR level seal, but it is a nice filler skill and if it only needs one upgrade then we can save some coins on it, so that's nice. Hone Atk closes out the hone/fortify seals so that's that done. None of these seals are incredible, but they're all probably better than another threaten or seal skill.

4 minutes ago, Will O'Donnell said:

Yeah... I think they don't want to have OP seals like Vantage, DC or CC because things can get crazy nasty.

DC and CC were meant as a joke. I can see them giving vantage and all the ploy skills at best.

Let me give you an example of what I expected as seals. Res ploy, threaten def and grani (I think that's the horse one) shield.

Edited by silveraura25

20 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Fjorm, PA Azura, Brave Lucina, Summer Robin, Summer Xander, and soon, Marisa as my bonus units...

Wish we knew ahead of time.

The only Bonus unit that's in the normal summoning pool is Brave Lucina, so there wasn't much people could have done to prepare beforehand.

Poison strike is definitely a seal I had been anticipating, since it's core weakness is competing with other B skills.  But now that seals have gotten so good, I think it's still facing just as stiff competition and probably is only great when stacked with poison strike and savage blow. Slap those on F!Corrin.

Ran my first attempt with Alm, Fjorm, Linde and Inigo. It went okay except the only person capable of denting Fjorm is ...Fjorm. Fortunately mine runs the QR seal and the fake one doesn't so I got away with it. The final map took seven turns as a result but still managed A/A thankfully.

What the hell, here I was getting Myrrh and the others ready thinking it was going to be SS related.

Now I need to make up teams and all of that stuff.  Ugh, at least they are all good bonus units.

The new seals are fine. Poison strike shenanigans can be cool. And drives are a bit under rated. I wonder what the upgrade cost will be for it.

I’m kind of happy the seals are meh this time ‘round, since it lets me clear up a bit of my existing backlog =P . It looks like I’ll have Def Ploy ready in time for the next round of Flier Emblem after all.

12 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

At least this thing is absurdly easy. I'm already at 12k, I'll finish this TT later because it's 2 AM here and I'm getting sleepy.

Horse emblem needs less than 2 turns per map to clear lunatic/7:

Spoiler

Map 1: 1 turn (PP)
Map 2: 2 turns (PP)
Map 3: 2 turns (PP)
Map 4: 2 turns (EP)
Map 5: 2 turns (PP)
Map 6: 2 turns (PP)
Map 7: 3 turns (PP)

BH!Roy with QP seal helps though. 

No bonus unit except Fjorm. Seals are decent (barring Poison Strike) and allow for more versatility for Enemy phase units like my Matthew so I'm happy there.

Still, a bit bored sadly. At least this Tempest will be a bit more lax.