Tempest Trials Mini: Shrouded by the Storm!

Vaximillian

Marisa  is so hot she almost redeemed SS, I am pretty happy to get her with no effort or spent orbs, but I have feeling that among rewards TT  sword are more numerous than all other types combined.

Only Clive and Corrin are not swordies if I remember correctly, right?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Marisa  is so hot she almost redeemed SS, I am pretty happy to get her with no effort or spent orbs, but I have feeling that among rewards TT  sword are more numerous than all other types combined.

Only Clive and Corrin are not swordies if I remember correctly, right?

Correct and yes Marisa is a great choices she better be good with great art!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

24 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Marisa  is so hot she almost redeemed SS

....Oh dear..... I'm not going to criticize you for liking a character purely on looks, but this statement feeds directly into cynicism about character selection for this game. Namely the bold and the beautiful get everything, while the less superficially popular settle with scraps. 

Marisa, I don't hate you, but I loathe what you do to people.

I am not really one judge characters by look alone but... It's not like SS had anything else going on. If I could switch Marisa for Lex I wouldn't hesitate for second.

Hmm, but I am guilty when it come to preferring "boldness" over being meek , (with exception of Egocentric like Ephraim). I do believe it's one of most important qualities character should posses and don't see anything superficial about it.

58 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Marisa has been confirmed as the tempest reward, so it's basically guaranteed to be a SS tempest 

We were all expecting this to be a SS TT, but hearing this makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks!

And then IS makes this trial a swordies' convention or something.

Well the thing is, the Fire Emblem series teaches us that pretty people are also good people and that ugly people are evil. So liking people for superficial reasons (judging a book by its cover, so to speak) likely gets vindicated and the cycle continues.

8 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Well the thing is, the Fire Emblem series teaches us that pretty people are also good people and that ugly people are evil. So liking people for superficial reasons (judging a book by its cover, so to speak) likely gets vindicated and the cycle continues.

Except Lilina's husband, who is not just ugly as hell, but also one of kindest guys out there. Hope Gonzy will get into game soon.

3 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Except Lilina's husband, who is not just ugly as hell, but also one of kindest guys out there. Hope Gonzy will get into game soon.

He'll come with Armads and will have a BST of 180 when were 5 years into the game. Powercreeping Hector. He'll have a non-inheritable special called Mad Luna, which is Luna with a 2 turn cooldown. A-slot will be Fierce Counter that allows counterattacks regardless of range and adds +4 to his attack when attacked. He'll have Omnibreaker as his B-slot which can double every  enemy in the game as well as the enemy unable to attack more than once.

Edited by silveraura25

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I wonder who the final boss will be....normal Eirika?

Tana with Iote's Shield would be fun.

If it's Ephraim, I hope he'll get his upgraded weapon. I was a little disappointed Boss-Takumi didn't get his bow upgraded on a map full of forest. 

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

....Oh dear..... I'm not going to criticize you for liking a character purely on looks, but this statement feeds directly into cynicism about character selection for this game. Namely the bold and the beautiful get everything, while the less superficially popular settle with scraps. 

Marisa, I don't hate you, but I loathe what you do to people.

Should've gotten Gerik instead of generic female myrmidon.

I am actually quite serious here (I always pair them and it's not out of spite or anything).

I don't have my hopes high, but even if they are low I still do hope he will surprise and appear. Is there something wrong with that?

Edited by Tenzen12

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

I am actually quite serious here (I always pair them and it's not out of spite or anything).

I don't have my hopes high, but even if they are low I still do hope he will surprise and appear.

They don't end up together but that's your headcanon lol

11 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Your comment reminded me of this XD

playspotthegoodguy_126.png

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I wonder what weapon Marisa will get logical choice would be Shamshir with a unique gimmick but safer choices would be Slaying Edge or Wu Dao. But I know she'll be fast.

Why would they not give her an exclusive weapon? Is it not rare nowadays that somebody actually gets an inheritable? We still lack a Poleax/Halberd, you'd think they'd have added that eons ago as an minor anti-Reinhardt measure or something.

I don't think exclusives in themselves are a bad idea, it maintains a niche for a character in a way instead of them just being yet another -bot. Yet there should be a balance here, and is there? Or maybe, if exclusives are to be the norm for the most part now, why are they special any longer and stuck being 5 Star much of the time? Why is the boosted BST special anymore? What IS special anymore?

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder if they remembered her dominant hand is left.

If they forget, they have this little thin excuse:

Spoiler

C Support

Tethys: Say, Marisa, you’re left-handed, right?
Marisa: How did you know that?
Tethys: Well, when you’re carrying a sword, don’t you always have it in your left hand?
Marisa: No, I can use either hand… But my left hand is stronger.
Tethys: So that’s like a warning sign: left hand equals danger.
Marisa: Warning sign…
Tethys: So why is it you always sleep on your right side? You know you never roll over in your sleep? And even the slightest noise causes you to spring up. Do you ever really sleep?
Marisa: I have to do that. Otherwise I wouldn’t survive.
Tethys: Wouldn’t survive? You must be exaggerating.
Marisa: I sleep with my dominant arm up. That way, if I’m attacked, my good arm is ready to go.
Tethys: Huh… Do all sword fighters sleep that way?
Marisa: If your dominant arm is cut, you’re at a disadvantage in battle. That means death.
Tethys: But doesn’t your arm ever fall asleep? Aren’t there times when you can’t use it?
Marisa: No. My father trained me when I was a child, so that doesn’t happen.
Tethys: When you were a child? How? Kids always roll around in their sleep.
Marisa: My father placed blunt swords at my sides when I slept to keep me from moving.
Tethys: Your father did that? But that’s so dangerous…
Marisa: No, the blades were rounded and dull. And it worked. I don’t roll over when sleeping.
Tethys: Wow, sword fighters have some intense training methods, don’t they? I’m glad I was an average kid. I mean, I was poor, but at least I slept freely.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why would they not give her an exclusive weapon? Is it not rare nowadays that somebody actually gets an inheritable? We still lack a Poleax/Halberd, you'd think they'd have added that eons ago as an minor anti-Reinhardt measure or something.

I don't think exclusives in themselves are a bad idea, it maintains a niche for a character in a way instead of them just being yet another -bot. Yet there should be a balance here, and is there? Or maybe, if exclusives are to be the norm for the most part now, why are they special any longer and stuck being 5 Star much of the time? Why is the boosted BST special anymore? What IS special anymore?

you never know with IS Shamshir is iconic to her but I can see them taking the easy way out as well.

On 1/22/2018 at 7:56 PM, Poimagic said:

I do hope that this TT is a SS one with Eirika as a bonus unit as I’m about promote a +atk/-res Eirika

I don't think regular Eirika will be a bonus unit. My guess is that in addition to the five new units, we'll get Ephraim/Innes/Tana as the TT banner to round out the eight bonus units.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If they forget, they have this little thin excuse:

Which is why I said her dominant hand is left instead of she is left-handed, damn it. Phrasing is important.