Grand Hero Battle: Lyon

RandomSwordmaster

1 hour ago, Lau said:

My heart is screaming with Archanea bias that we're getting Lyon before Hardin, but my mind is telling me to be happy for all the Lyon fans.

Can I at least get Artur and Natasha out of this? Pretty please?

In all fairness, Marthland is currently the cast with the most GHBs

FE1/3/11/12: Michalis, Naverre, Camus, Legion, Clarisse

FE2/15: Berkut

FE4/5: Arvis

FE6: Narcian, Zephiel

FE7: Ursula, Lloyd

FE8: Valter, Lyon

FE9/10: Oliver

FE13: F!Robin

FE14: Xander

Edited by Glaceon Mage
EricaofRenais corrected me

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

In all fairness, Marthland is currently the cast with the most GHBs/second most if you don't split up FE6/7 due to the time gap.

FE1/3/11/12: Michalis, Naverre, Camus

You forgot Clairisse and Legion, both GHB from FE 12. So Marth's games have had 5 GHBs.

Just now, EricaofRenais said:

You forgot Clairisse and Legion, both GHB from FE 12. So Marth's games have had 5 GHBs.

Ah, right.  In that case, there's no real argument since even if you combine the Elibe games, they still have less than Marthland.

Thanks for correcting me.

8 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Ah, right.  In that case, there's no real argument since even if you combine the Elibe games, they still have less than Marthland.

Thanks for correcting me.

You're welcome:)  I forget about those two as well, the only reason I remember them is because I just promoted them last week.

43 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

In all fairness, Marthland is currently the cast with the most GHBs

Ooh believe me, I know, it's just...Hardin.

Now that you've typed it out, it shocks me how Fates and Awakening don't have a lot of GHB, I expected at least Aversa by now.

5 minutes ago, Lau said:

Ooh believe me, I know, it's just...Hardin.

Now that you've typed it out, it shocks me how Fates and Awakening don't have a lot of GHB, I expected at least Aversa by now.

Honestly I guess it's not too surprising when you consider how generally unpopular the antagonistic cast of FE13/14 is. 

Aversa is probably being held off on because fliermages are strong.  And she's like, contractually obligated to be a red fliermage with Goetia.  IS is probably very cautious about giving that for free.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

And the good-to-nanomaterial slim prospects for future GHBs:

Archanea- Hardin, Medeus, Gharnef, Eremiya, Jiol, Lang.

Valentia: Rudolph, Jedah, Nuibaba, Rinea, Ferdinand, Desaix, Slayde, Deen, Duma. Awful lot must I say. Berkut alone was appealing.

Jugdral: Chagal, Ishtar, Emperor Arvis, Reptor, Langobalt, Blume, Hilda, Julius, Manfroy, Travant, Arion, Hannibal, Kempf, Raydrik, Veld, Galzus, Saias, Shiva, Perne. The 1st Gen really lacks that many good choices.

Elibe: Brunya, Murdock, Gale, Jahn, Idunn. Nergal, Sonia, Limstella, Ephidel, Linus, Uhai, Darin, Kishuna (yeah good luck making him work), Kenneth, Jerme.

Magvel: Glen, Selena Fluorspar, Riev, Caellach, Formortiis, Vigarde, Morva, Carlyle, Pablo. The Gemstones are all okay, the rest are me just running things on.

Tellius: Ashnard, Petrine, Bertram, Bryce, Naesala, Ena, Sephiran, Dheginsea, Lekain (the other Senators can be skipped), Jarod, Ludveck, Ashera, maybe Begnion Central Army Commander Zelgius to give him the duel he has twice been denied.

Awakening: Gangrel, Aversa, Walhart, Cervantes, Pedophile, Yen'fay, Validar, more openly Grima Robin, possibly Priam.

Fates: Garon, Anankos, Iago, Hans, Mikoto, Sumeragi, Zola, Possessed Takumi. Pretty awful lot I would say.

As for Lyon- well nice to have him in. I'm expecting his personality is going to be neither his Eirika nor Ephraim self, rather a generic one that does not draw specifically from one or the other.

And since Naglfar is assumed for him, Knoll can later go for a stroll with Gleipnir- aka one of the absolute worst legendary weapons ever. 20 WT, +5 Skill, and no effective bonus on monsters like the rest of the Sacred Twins is terrible. But, RD's SS tomes are scarcely better than Gleipnir I must admit, since they've such low Mt and enemies so much Res, doubling alone makes them better. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And since Naglfar is assumed for him, Knoll can later go for a stroll with Gleipnir- aka one of the absolute worst legendary weapons ever. 20 WT, +5 Skill, and no effective bonus on monsters like the rest of the Sacred Twins is terrible. But, RD's SS tomes are scarcely better than Gleipnir I must admit, since they've such low Mt and enemies so much Res, doubling alone makes them better. 

Gleipnir was pretty shit indeed. Dark magic in that game suffered a lot. At least light magic which is the least powerful of the magic triangle got a major advantage in that game.

Edited by silveraura25

I'm really hoping Naglfar has a vampire drain effect.  Like a built in Sol that always works.  It would mirror some of the other dark spells and Naglfar doesn't have a specific ability so it would make sense.

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I'm really hoping Naglfar has a vampire drain effect.  Like a built in Sol that always works.  It would mirror some of the other dark spells and Naglfar doesn't have a specific ability so it would make sense.

if his defenses are good enough, that could be one of the most broken units in the game, run him with miracle, heavy blade, vantage and close counter, and he would be an enormous pain to deal with in the right setting.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tellius: Ashnard, Petrine, Bertram, Bryce, Naesala, Ena, Sephiran, Dheginsea, Lekain (the other Senators can be skipped), Jarod, Ludveck, Ashera, maybe Begnion Central Army Commander Zelgius to give him the duel he has twice been denied.

I wonder if Nasir could be GHB unit, considering he is sorta of a villain, though not as antagonistic as Ena, and while not a villain, Pelleas is also a good idea for a GHB.

10 hours ago, coldhand25 said:

I also wonder who would be the reward unit. I would say Marisa or L'Arachel, but L'Arachel would probably be a healer, and I don't think a healer would be a reward unit tho... I honestly have no idea.

I would really, really love for Marisa to be the reward unit.  In my last play-through, when she was by her A-support Gerik she had like 110 Avoid and 70 Crit % with Killing Edge equipped.  In Chapter 18, Rausten, she sat on a pillar and ORKO'd two-thirds of the enemies and got a direct hit once.  /endrant

The real question is, how do you pronounce Lyon?  Is it like Leon or Lion?  I'm going with Lion.

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

The real question is, how do you pronounce Lyon?  Is it like Leon or Lion?  I'm going with Lion.

If his Japanese name is anything to go by, it seems to be "lee-on", rather than "lie-on". I've always pronounced it as the former, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see if his English voice acting gives us an official English pronunciation.

2 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I would really, really love for Marisa to be the reward unit.  In my last play-through, when she was by her A-support Gerik she had like 110 Avoid and 70 Crit % with Killing Edge equipped.  In Chapter 18, Rausten, she sat on a pillar and ORKO'd two-thirds of the enemies and got a direct hit once.  /endrant

25 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

If his Japanese name is anything to go by, it seems to be "lee-on", rather than "lie-on". I've always pronounced it as the former, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see if his English voice acting gives us an official English pronunciation.

In both the English and Japanese version, Eirika says Lyon's name and pronounces it like Leon as in "lee-on". That being said, this doesn't stop them from having Lyon being pronounced differently -- such as "lee-ohn" like the French city Lyon -- if Ephraim isn't any indication.

In the English version, Eirika pronounces Ephraim as "ayf-rum", Innes pronounces it as "eff-ram", and Seth and Valter pronounces it as "eff-rum". In the Japanese version, Innes and Seth pronounce it like "eff-u-rum" and Valter pronounces it like "ayf-rum". I don't think Eirika says Ephraim's name in the Japanese version from checking her quotes page on Gamepedia. Ephraim is also apparently a Hebrew name and I have no idea how it would be pronounced. Not sure what's "correct" from Googling it.

Edited by Kaden

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Jugdral: Chagal, Ishtar, Emperor Arvis, Reptor, Langobalt, Blume, Hilda, Julius, Manfroy, Travant, Arion, Hannibal, Kempf, Raydrik, Veld, Galzus, Saias, Shiva, Perne. The 1st Gen really lacks that many good choices.

No Lifis. Shame on you
Also, Jamke could be a GHB unit. Same with Ares, Altena and Febail

Edited by silveraura25

3 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

No Lifis. Shame on you
Also, Jamke could be a GHB unit. Same with Ares, Altena and Febail

I still hope that Rifis will come in a GHB battle with a more unique premise - kill all the others except him to obtain him xD

I doubt it'll ever happen, but I think that'd reflect how you have to capture him in his original appearance. I like the idea of it, plus it'll bring a different take on things to the table.

40 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I still hope that Rifis will come in a GHB battle with a more unique premise - kill all the others except him to obtain him xD

I doubt it'll ever happen, but I think that'd reflect how you have to capture him in his original appearance. I like the idea of it, plus it'll bring a different take on things to the table.

Fog of war if you know what I mean

Edited by silveraura25

22 hours ago, Sunsurge said:

I hope he's the good version (with maybe his damaged artwork looking possessed),

So excited. So worried. Haha.

I was thinking his Special art would be the possessed one, but that works too! I'm (mostly) confident his Normal art will be his normal self, at least (pun unintended).

The game update usually goes live ~4 hours before the daily reset, correct?

18 hours ago, Nimue said:

I'm so happy about this! I can't wait until the 25th!

The real Christmas.

To be honest, I'm expecting him as a unit to be normal, but in his GHB and TT he'll be possessed. The main antagonist of SS is the demon king and Lyon is either dead already (I'm guessing his soul was still trapped in his body) or has his negative emotions amplified by the time he makes his appearance

EDIT: I've only played Eirika's route so I was not aware of the state of Lyon's possession being different in each route.

Edited by silveraura25

On 1/19/2018 at 2:45 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Valentia: Rudolph, Jedah, Nuibaba, Rinea, Ferdinand, Desaix, Slayde, Deen, Duma. Awful lot must I say. Berkut alone was appealing.

Sonya's sisters could be potential candidates too. They have a semi-major role and are the only bosses aside from I believe Jedah, Berkut, Slayde, and Fernand to show up in multiple chapters. Their semi-generic portraits can always be more individualized for the art too.

On 1/19/2018 at 6:21 PM, Kaden said:

In both the English and Japanese version, Eirika says Lyon's name and pronounces it like Leon as in "lee-on". That being said, this doesn't stop them from having Lyon being pronounced differently -- such as "lee-ohn" like the French city Lyon -- if Ephraim isn't any indication.

In the English version, Eirika pronounces Ephraim as "ayf-rum", Innes pronounces it as "eff-ram", and Seth and Valter pronounces it as "eff-rum". In the Japanese version, Innes and Seth pronounce it like "eff-u-rum" and Valter pronounces it like "ayf-rum". I don't think Eirika says Ephraim's name in the Japanese version from checking her quotes page on Gamepedia. Ephraim is also apparently a Hebrew name and I have no idea how it would be pronounced. Not sure what's "correct" from Googling it.

From what I remember it's Eff-rum, but that's just based on TV and people talking about the biblical figure. I can't say that any of those sources are definitive, but they all did agree on it being Eff-rum.

Edited by bottlegnomes

2 hours ago, Ae†her said:

I just hope he's Green and has 151-152 BST. lol

unit colors are not chosen at random, given that lyon's primary weapon type was dark magic, he will very likely (like 96%) be a red tome (as all dark magic has been classified as red), also we need more red tomes than any other tome color. they could make him a staff user, but that would also be very questionable.

Edited by thecrimsonflash
red

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

unit colors are not chosen at random, given that lyon's primary weapon type was dark magic, he will very likely (like 96%) be a red tome (as all dark magic has been classified as red), also we need more red tomes than any other tome color. they could make him a staff user, but that would also be very questionable.

Red has been associated with Dark and Fire, and Blue with Light and Ice, but Green has been Wind and what else? Maybe they can make Green both partially light and dark magic, who knows. (I think maybe the Spectral Tome and Naga could be examples?) Also key word, "hope". Although I agree we need more Red Tomes (just not on Lyon please).