Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming 7 votes I’ll probably vote for

Hector, Maribelle, Heath, Brady, Nils, Florina, and SS Selena

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

I wonder if people would rally for Lachesis and Lucius so they can get a non-staff version in Heroes

Lucius with light magic would be the dream :newyears: I might just use a second email to vote exclusively for him.

edit: @Silent shifter I believe that you could vote for non-playable characters in the last CYL so you should be able to vote for characters like Mikoto if you so desire

Edited by NegativeExponents-

2 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

Will there be a time where we can vote for non-playable characters like Mikoto etc....?

Non-playable characters were already available in the first poll. Mikoto in particular ranked in at #204 overall.

7 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

Non-playable characters were already available in the first poll. Mikoto in particular ranked in at #204 overall.

There were many notable omissions though, such as Glass. And yet someone who doesn't even appear on a map like Layla gets in. Doesn't seem like there was any real criteria to be included.

All votes will be going to Takumi. Gotta get Hoshido all the attention. I swear to god if this leads to yet another Camilla or any other Nohrian getting more special units I'll be pissed. Last year already had them be obnoxiously represented enough, and none of them were even in the top 4. That might lead to a "year of Nohr" or some other such event. (I'm kidding. They probably won't go that far...)

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

We've gotten many great units that are unfamiliar to the 3DS babies so maybe those good units will encourage them to vote for meta units.

“3DS babies” sounds pretty damn derogatory, I dunno.

1 hour ago, Silent shifter said:

Will there be a time where we can vote for non-playable characters like Mikoto etc....?

Mikoto was already on the previous poll, and she did quite well for an inferior knock-off of Emmeryn. Emmeryn was #196, and Mikoto was #204.

I'll probably go all in for Camilla, since I'd really like to see a CYL of her and she seems like the best chance out of who I like besides Tharja. Assuming they don't let the past winners run again, Tharja's got a good shot at retaining her high placement, while Camilla's the one who might need more help to not get beat out by Azura or something instead.

Hard to say how much impact the game itself might have on characters or not. I'll be interested to see how much Reinhardt, Nino, and some others move up.

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

“3DS babies” sounds pretty damn derogatory, I dunno.

Mikoto was already on the previous poll, and she did quite well for an inferior knock-off of Emmeryn. Emmeryn was #196, and Mikoto was #204.

I mean to be fair, Mikoto has such a beautiful design. Love that dress and the hairpiece.

Hmmm. definitely voting for Silas. Maybe put some votes for Owain. 

Maybe Ross, Ranulf, Cormag, Python,Janeff, Tibarn, Jill, Kieran, Rinkah, Forrest, Noire and Brady as well since they're not in yet.

Would vote for Celica, Shiro, Gray, Lon'qu and Lukas too but they're already in the game.

Edited by mcsilas

Just now, mcsilas said:

I mean to be fair, Mikoto has such a beautiful design. Love that dress and the hairpiece.

I made the headpiece for Sakura on my freshly-concluded Birthright run and also gave her enough arms scrolls for her to wield Mikoto’s Yumi.
At least someone appreciates the poor plot device, even if IS doesn’t.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I made the headpiece for Sakura on my freshly-concluded Birthright run and also gave her enough arms scrolls for her to wield Mikoto’s Yumi.
At least someone appreciates the poor plot device, even if IS doesn’t.

Oh yeah, I love the throwback that Sakura has Mikoto's dress.

Fun fact, Takumi has Sumeragi's outfit as a Swordmaster (and Shiro has Ryoma's outfit). I like details like that.

But yeah all-in-all I think I'll vote with the mindset for 'who do I want in the game' rather than 'who do I want alternate units for?' I'll be happy if Hector/Eliwood gets one though!

Hm, I'll probably throw some votes at Oboro so she can maybe get good art this time. I hope we see some new blood (aka not people who already have alternates) but I expect Tharja and Camilla to win on the girls side. The males might have a chance for a shake up but I wouldn't complain about an alt Hector.

It's actually rather difficult to think of who else to vote for. I have a number of units I'd like to see in the game but they would be fine in their default outfits and I can't even begin to speculate how IS might re-imagine them. Nevertheless, I will try to make Minerva Emblem a reality.

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I've just realised there's a potential for Ike to be on the poll again, if they treat the versions separately. I hope we don't get a repeat winner of the CYL -.-

I hope they don't split the vote next time. I could see the two version's of Ike appealing to different types as there is a noticeable difference in their designs, but for most other characters who appeared in PoR/RD, there isn't enough reason to treat them as unique characters.

Even though I do not play Heroes much these days, if I was to "powergame" I'll likely split my votes between Micaiah and Ephraim. Voting normally though, assuming 7 votes...

1. Micaiah
2. Ephraim
3. Arthur
4. Duessel
5. Nolan
6. Flora
7. Hector

I'm a Radiant Dawn fan. So all my vote will go to Dawn Brigade and Greil Mercenary units. 

Edward, Nolan, Ilyana, Laura, Aran, Tibarn, Harr, Jill, Boyd, Shinon, Volke, Rhys, Tormod and Calill

Maybe all Herons like Rafiel, Reyson, and Leanne will have some chance to be new dancer units.

I'm really hyped for this event. We'll have some idea now where the SoV characters rank, especially given they didn't even get their own official popularity poll for their game like Awakening and Fates did and other games prior (with the exception certain games like Sacred Stones and the Tellius games which still to this day is a shame). I'm actually excited for Ephraim here because I really do see him ranking higher than before seeing as how some people didn't even know him and they were wondering why he was beating a popular character like Chrom and that alone was one of our best if not THE best gauntlet battle. Not to mention memes probably are going to be helping him here a little, so what can you do? I mean every little bit helps I suppose.

So yeah I'm praying to Naga that the winners for this event for the males are Ephraim and Hector along with for the females Eirika and Micaiah.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

3 hours ago, Florete said:

Oh no. Why. The first was stressful enough.

Maybe I'll just throw all my votes on Anna.

A fellow Anna worshiper! May the Goddess bless your RNG and Orbs.

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

If Lucina is out, I may go all in for Chrom.

Once I cast a vote for each Anna, I think I would dump all my votes on Lucina. I am not completely sure who I would vote for if Lucina is out. I think I lean towards Azura as I want more Dancers/Singers.

52 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'll probably go all in for Camilla, since I'd really like to see a CYL of her and she seems like the best chance out of who I like besides Tharja. Assuming they don't let the past winners run again, Tharja's got a good shot at retaining her high placement, while Camilla's the one who might need more help to not get beat out by Azura or something instead.

Hard to say how much impact the game itself might have on characters or not. I'll be interested to see how much Reinhardt, Nino, and some others move up.

I am interested in Reinhardt's placement too. I think he will definitely be placed a lot higher.

I seriously doubt CYL will be used to release entirely new heroes. (There are two new hero banners anyway). Being in the game already is  a major popularity boost to begin with if only due to familiarly. 

I'm inclined to vote for the same person (Hector) 7 times, but if the wording of the poll website is appealing enough, I might spread my vote over 7 characters anyway just to be more honest with it.

I think the most feasible people to win are

Marth

The old winners minus Roy .Being a late DLC addition for Smash 4 helped him coast even further off of his Melee popularity, but despite the rumors of a remake, nothing will come of it in time for the CYL (probbably not until months after the release of the next game even) I don't need to rehash that character-wise he suffers from having no localization other than fanslastions of FE6, and that FE6 is more plot focuses than character focused anyway. 

Tharja - Despite it being impossible to imagine a more functional and self-sufficent unit than Christmas Tharja, she is the clearly better known than most characters can ever hope to be.

Camilla - I honestly think that the "plot related" Fates characters like Azura will suffer in this poll, and that the ones that will be the most voted will be those who have gained notoriety elsewhere.

Arena metagame units - Of this category, Reinhardt, Nino, Hector, and Lyn will probably be the biggest beneficiaries.(the boost to the likes of dragon and dancer units will probbably only be placement within the tier list, and  nowhere near the point of actually being contenders for winning.)

I don't think there's any hope for JP only characters (bar reinhardt) at all.  Gaiden/SoV characters will probably  be too late given the length of time since the release of their (admittedly) minor game (some people still debate whether to call it FE15 at all despite the implication of FE11/12 getting number status) . Despite how plot important non-Ike Telius characters are, the likes of Sanaki/Elincia/Black Knight are hard to imagine being put on the cover of the box, and thus winning this poll. Meme characters might rise a little within tiers, but the sheer volume of votes over a 7 day period will probably weed them out (from top 4, probably top 32 even) compared to how they've been doing in smaller events. I think the same need will also edge out Sharena/Alphonse (if they're even on the poll) and all villian charathers, since so many people will have to justify them when thinking of their "favorite" and haing to do the gymnastics to include "bosses/alt universues next to normal playable charathers"

-Hector: Need more of him. Epic brave version would be instans free pick I'd they go that way again.

-Lyn: to be sure she stay on top.

-Pent, Spain & Louise: They are not even in game yet!

-Lethe & Panne: 

Probably throw in some votes to Titania, Farina, Sanaki, Caeada and Original Tiki as well, when I am on it.

Edit: Oh also Sharena I will give lot of votes to best princess.

Edited by Tenzen12

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

BRB creating a million Nintendo accounts to vote for Sharena.

If she's an option to vote for, I'm probably throwing all my votes her way. Also, I'm not 100% certain, but I don't remeber needing a Nintendo account to vote. You just won't be able to track your votes without one.

Just now, Ressueah said:

If she's an option to vote for, I'm probably throwing all my votes her way. Also, I'm not 100% certain, but I don't remeber needing a Nintendo account to vote. You just won't be able to track your votes without one.

Even better.