Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

16 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I've been monitoring Reddit for a while and I definitely think Ephraim is doing quite well there which is good for me because Reddit is going to have a lot of influence.  There seems to be a lot more campaigning going on there for Ephraim than I'm seeing for Marth and Chrom. 

Interesting to note, random heroes are getting tons of mentions. I expected it to be like US elections where people only vote for likely winners, but that doesn't seem to be the case here, on discords, or on Reddit. That would suggest a lot of change outside the top 10 heroes from the previous cyl. 

It's possible that people start voting for units that have a shot more as we get closer to the vote and they realize the character they want to win the most ain't gonna happen. But a lot of people don't seem to care which i found quite interesting.

Don't put too much stock in Reddit. It's about like here in that it's a relatively small portion of the fanbase. Besides, when does campaigning ever help in situations like this? In fact, I can personally find it annoying. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Don't put too much stock in Reddit. It's about like here in that it's a relatively small portion of the fanbase. Besides, when does campaigning ever help in situations like this? In fact, I can personally find it annoying. 

90,000 members isn't THAT small of a portion. In terms of game subreddits, it is quite large actually.

6 hours ago, Motendra said:

I'm With you! #RallyMarth

I could hug you.

I really hope they don't split the votes again, it hurt a lot of characters really bad last time. For example, Marth, if his votes weren't split, would've overtaken Chrom I'm sorry bby and sit nicely in 4th. Hopefully, IS has realised this.

I'll probably sink about four of my votes into micaiah(I really want light sage or light priestess micaiah), and then one into mist(Maybe my odds will increase), myrrh(I'm really hyped for possibly having her in heroes), and ranulf(maybe we will actually get beast units in this game)

16 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

All the characters I voted for are already in, so maybe I'll just do some throwaway votes for people who'll never make it, as usual. xD

If you pour your votes into Lilina maybe she can get a Brave variant.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Apparently, but that doesn't change the fact that vocality does not equal results. 

I think people get caught up in these communities as a bit of an echo chamber. And it's one that's made up of a disproportional amount of older/hardcore players, which are mostly a minority in the fanbase overall. That's how you end up with most most people here backing Minerva, Julia, etc. on gauntlets while a 3DS character usually wipes the floor with them in popularity.

It doesn't mean the popular pick fails to line up every time, but it's still an important to consider. I don't think anybody can tell how much or little playing the game might have shaken up votes either. Plus the people participating in this poll is probably a bit different than the first one too. That was aimed at the whole FE fanbase, while I'd expect mainly just FEH players will bother with this one.

45 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I think people get caught up in these communities as a bit of an echo chamber. And it's one that's made up of a disproportional amount of older/hardcore players, which are mostly a minority in the fanbase overall. That's how you end up with most most people here backing Minerva, Julia, etc. on gauntlets while a 3DS character usually wipes the floor with them in popularity.

It doesn't mean the popular pick fails to line up every time, but it's still an important to consider. I don't think anybody can tell how much or little playing the game might have shaken up votes either. Plus the people participating in this poll is probably a bit different than the first one too. That was aimed at the whole FE fanbase, while I'd expect mainly just FEH players will bother with this one.

Too many times I've been mislead about what's & who's hated. The way people talk about Tharja & Camilla makes it sound like they're the most hated charactesr in the entire franchise & yet look where they're placed.

Still, I'm sure Minerva & Julia receive some sort jump in popularity. At least hope they do.

I’m voting for Nino in CYL2. She’s done her best for many people in many battles, so I think she deserves it. I’d also be interested to see what they would do for a Brave Nino. 

Besides Nino, I’m also considering voting for Kliff, Lugh, Canas, L’Arachel, Maribelle, Keaton, and Leo. 

Edited by KiwiScribble

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Too many times I've been mislead about what's & who's hated. The way people talk about Tharja & Camilla makes it sound like they're the most hated charactesr in the entire franchise & yet look where they're placed.

Still, I'm sure Minerva & Julia receive some sort jump in popularity. At least hope they do.

Yeah, I'd bet a lot of older characters will move up to some degree from their spotlights in heroes. I just don't know if it'd really be as huge of a jump as some have speculated. Like I bet Reinhardt will be a lot higher, but I don't see him memeing his way near Chrom, Hector, etc.

My god! How could I have forgotten. Vote for Lex Hector fans! Hector is based off of Lex (combed back blue hair, axe unit, noble birth, red haired best friend that's associated with flames).

I've decided to give all my votes to Azelle since I'm a Arvis fanboy. Hoping that I don't change my mind again.

Edited by silveraura25

12 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Can your source confirm if there's vote that are still split between the same characters like BK & Zelgius?

No idea; all we know is that these files have been uploaded to the website.

3 hours ago, Stroud said:

I totally forgot, if we can choose fire emblem heroes characters.
Maybe we can also choose characters like Laevanteinn. D= 

There are portraits of the Heroes originals (most of them, for example admire this nice placeholder for Laevantein) in the bowels of the website, so yes, they most probably will be able to be voted for.

I wish the votes were sorted by region, so that it's possible to find out which character are popular in America, Japan etc. I'm curious of the popularity of certain characters. But I feel it's going to be similar to last time, in terms of information displayed.

9 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Apparently, but that doesn't change the fact that vocality does not equal results. 

Remember that last time Ike won the male with only 33k votes.  The Reddit community is huge. And there are a lot more lurkers like me that just watch it and don't have accounts.  The 90k followers probably only represents like half of all the people that actually go on there from time to time.

Now of course the JP will probably have more influence overall but Reddit is the best indicator for the English folks

Edited by Lushen