Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Would IS even care? This is a popularity contest for some frilly artwork and an upgrade to Goddess-Blessed Holy Divine Sacred Blazing Shadow Omega Awakened Regalia status. Unless it was a gigantic attack, maybe they'd ignore it. 

If you have like 14 votes from one IP then yes, they probably won't care.  If you have hundreds they will probably care.

Basically, you're not going to make a difference in the vote without them noticing.

Edited by Lushen

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Why is Lekain not in the poll but generic Brigand boss is? 

What? They left out the sinner whose crimes begat the travails of Tellius? 

If they are going to include a spot for generic faceless representative of bandit bosses across the series, could they have invented a generic Corrupt Noble? Or Crazed Cultist?

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

We should all just vote for Male Robin, for the great and coveted Levin Sword. 

The sword forced Levin to be renamed to the mockery that is Lewyn. Silesse is German not Welsh! I therefore trample upon the sword in insulated garb! 

Although I must admit that the Levin Sword is still better than the Shockstick, whom I indict for the high crime of not being buyable in any mass availability way in Awakening. I hazard a guess the vast supply of them is being used by females, single, or not wanting to put up with the male sex.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The sword forced Levin to be renamed to the mockery that is Lewyn. Silesse is German not Welsh! I therefore trample upon the sword in insulated garb! 

Although I must admit that the Levin Sword is still better than the Shockstick, whom I indict for the high crime of not being buyable in any mass availability way in Awakening. I hazard a guess the vast supply of them is being used by females, single, or not wanting to put up with the male sex.

You have a point... It wasn't until Shadow Dragon that it was actually given a name, as it was called Thunder Sword and such back then.

Though Levin is an archaic noun that means "lightning and thunderbolts", so that means that it is a fitting name nonetheless. 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Though Levin is an archaic noun that means "lightning and thunderbolts", so that means that it is a fitting name nonetheless. 

Fair enough. I've seen the word levin used in an electric context before SD came out (a special attack called Levinsnake's Rise).

Not to mention that Levin is the heir to Forseti and not Mjolnir.

I just wish they had thought through the naming of the sword that shoots thunder a little more, if NoA realized the potential of having to deal with Levin the prince-bard of Jugdral much later. They changed Levin to Lewyn presumably to avoid the oddity of people thinking he was named after the sword or the sword after him. It doesn't help that FE4 itself features the Levin Sword. 

And I don't mind Lewyn that terribly, it is still pronounced the same way as before. But it goes back to the swap from Nina to Nyna- why was the conversion to a y necessary other than for random looks? 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fair enough. I've seen the word levin used in an electric context before SD came out (a special attack called Levinsnake's Rise).

Not to mention that Levin is the heir to Forseti and not Mjolnir.

I just wish they had thought through the naming of the sword that shoots thunder a little more, if NoA realized the potential of having to deal with Levin the prince-bard of Jugdral much later. They changed Levin to Lewyn presumably to avoid the oddity of people thinking he was named after the sword or the sword after him. It doesn't help that FE4 itself features the Levin Sword. 

And I don't mind Lewyn that terribly, it is still pronounced the same way as before. But it goes back to the swap from Nina to Nyna- why was the conversion to a y necessary other than for random looks? 

Well, the name Robin is originally known for the villager in FE2, but then FE15 renamed him to Tobin, because Robin is taken by the Avatar in FE13. 

They do these kinds of things. And there's cases where people think that Morgan is Mark, the Avatar from FE7, because the Japanese name is the same. 

#RallyMarth

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

The greater crime is that Camus was somehow overlooked for that DLC pack. It baffles me.

While I still agree with this, keep in mind that, aside from his alternate personas of Zeke & Sirius, he's an unplayable neutral villain. How would they justify it when they're drawing from the War of Shadows (where he's on the opposite side of the war)?

Would make for a nice enemy though, had they gone further on Gristonne having villains to counteract Aytolis's heroes

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

Even with pair up, we run into a different problem. How do you balance for the reduced mobility or need for pair up?

In Warriors games, defense stats are much less important than offensive stats, so simply making them meat shields wouldn't be a significant advantage for good players.

So do you then make them overpowered both defensively and offensively? What then would be the point of other lighter melee units? If the game is too easy, Knights may be overkill. If the game is balanced around knights, then lighter units would struggle for a place. I mean, do we really want gameplay to devolve into "fly the knight to point, switch back to flyer when fighting mages?"

A possibility that could work for armored units is to have super armor, reminiscent of the power type characters in Warriors Orochi 3. Power type warriors can shrug off attacks without staggering, while still taking damage. It may sound strong on paper, but on higher difficulties, is very dangerous against big crowds (Cause even lowly mooks can kill you, if they have the chance) and stronger officers.

Basically, an innate Armored Blow and Pass (since it doesn't really help) for the class

Edited by Motendra

So I've managed to vote for Marth on a couple of different browsers today, it probably won't make a difference, but I've seen some strong support for him around the Internet, so that's promising.

If I weren't so focused on Marth, my votes would have gone to: Marth, Caeda, Young Tiki, Xane, Kaze, Eliwood and Ninian.

@Motendra You, my friend, are truly an inspiration. #RallyMarth indeed.

Edited by Lau

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I don't mind Lewyn that terribly, it is still pronounced the same way as before.

It is? I always heard Llewyn, which I would've thought had the same pronunciation, pronounced Lew-in or Le-win, es.g. Inside Llewyn Davis. Levin is a Jewish name I always heard pronounced Le-vin. Funnily enough with one famous novelist/playwright being named Ira Levin. It's my headcanon that a decent on Genealogy was a big fan of his.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is 3-13 Archer in the poll?

I wish. He is the real hero of RD after all.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Hello people, I'm going to select all 7 days only for Hinoka because my heart beats only for you there is no other I love you daa I 3. Tattoos from her I hope she wins the whole to who cover letter want to see my tattoos me privately

Leif, then probably Micaiah/Lewyn/Alvis (in this order of preference, I think).

It would be funny if they made a CYL version of a character who isn't even in the game.

Edited by Rapier

So, people are touting Hector as a lock, but he wasn't that far ahead of Chrom. Likely, sure, but calling him a lock seems premature.

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

We should all just vote for Male Robin, for the great and coveted Levin Sword. 

Chrom first, then Robin. 

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

So, people are touting Hector as a lock, but he wasn't that far ahead of Chrom. Likely, sure, but calling him a lock seems premature.

Chrom first, then Robin. 

Not for my Robin. Male Robin needs the power creep. 

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Chrom first, then Robin. 

Hector and Ephraim will both hugely benefit from Ike's removal, more than Chrom, though; they have similar personality types, and I'm sure there are many like me who have them all in our top favorites. Ike is also an older character like those two. Honestly, I think Ephraim could surpass Chrom this time; Ephraim is a good lance, while Chrom is fairly mediocre in heroes, as well as the overlap with Ike I mentioned.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Not for my Robin. Male Robin needs the power creep. 

I kinda wish it now too. XD

Grey, Clair, Berkut, Mae, Ephraim, M!Robin, L'Arachel.

Gotta go with my favs. I would have voted Marisa, Rinea, Stahl, Leo, Oboro, Shiro and Lute too if it the poll lasted 2 weeks, but shame... :(

Good thing last poll's winners aren't in this one.

It may sound like a bandwagon thing to say, but I'm putting my faith in Marth. He is the face of FE. What has IS done to support their first hero? Nothing other than one banner at the beginning of the game. I hope that getting him #1 or #2 will buff him with a new character. I really need support to get him back up. It's kinda hopeless, I think...

17 minutes ago, JDraks said:

Hector and Ephraim will both hugely benefit from Ike's removal, more than Chrom, though; they have similar personality types, and I'm sure there are many like me who have them all in our top favorites. Ike is also an older character like those two. Honestly, I think Ephraim could surpass Chrom this time; Ephraim is a good lance, while Chrom is fairly mediocre in heroes, as well as the overlap with Ike I mentioned.

The same can be said of Lucina's removal in regards to Chrom though. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

The same can be said of Lucina's removal in regards to Chrom though. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Lucina's popularity is mostly due to being a waifu and Smash IMO; Chrom lacks both.

3 minutes ago, ReinhardtLOL said:

It may sound like a bandwagon thing to say, but I'm putting my faith in Marth. He is the face of FE. What has IS done to support their first hero? Nothing other than one banner at the beginning of the game. I hope that getting him #1 or #2 will buff him with a new character. I really need support to get him back up. It's kinda hopeless, I think...

How about including him in FE Warriors?  How about being one of the original 5*'s in FEH with the whole unique cut-scenes and all?  And Caeda has a seasonal.  Also, they made another Marth game - New Mystery of the Emblem only 8 years ago.  And he's in Smash.  Ephraim has been neglected far more than Marth, Marth gets a ton of love from IS.

Edited by Lushen