Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t like Ephraim. He’s down there with Ike and Alm as my most disliked lords. I don’t like him at all.

Just curious why?

From the people you suggested, I'm guessing you don't like fighter-type lords and like more political/academic ones?  Is that accurate?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Ephraim and Hector but it's the constant insults being flung at certain characters by their supporters over characters like Marth, Tharja, and Camilla that have me growing sick of them for the time being

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeeeeeah, I don't know how I'd feel if Loki somehow made it to first. I'm already kind of afraid that this is going to send a message to IS that you don't need to be playable or a deep character to be popular. All you need are boobs, boobs, and revealing clothing. It kind of says something since Sharena, Anna, and Fjorm didn't seem to place within top 20 and they are actually playable (and the former two have been in since the start of the game). At least Alfonse is in 19th, somehow ...

Loki has character though Also we get it already...

1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Loki has character though Also we get it already...

Not super deep and it's kind of generic sultry villainess character. Also, if you don't like my posts you're perfectly welcome to ignore them since I haven't insulted anyone for liking Loki.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Not super deep and it's kind of generic sultry villainess character. Also, if you don't like my posts you're perfectly welcome to ignore them since I haven't insulted anyone for liking Loki.

You actually kinda did assuming fans vote just for looks so not that your words will ever effect anything anyway.

1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

You actually kinda did assuming fans vote just for looks so not that your words will ever effect anything anyway.

And if my assumption is wrong then you have no reason to be offended because it doesn't apply to you or people voting her. That you're getting so offended and arguing that it's an insult is making me think I may have a point. I don't care if my words affect anything, so you're better off just dropping this.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Alfonse got story development, and the girls didn’t because they are girls in an FE game.

Oh, I do agree that Alfonse's story development (especially in the recent chapter) is great. I was under the impression most people either skipped through the story or didn't give a shit about it, though!

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Alfonse got story development, and the girls didn’t because they are girls in an FE game.

Sharena is not in the Top 20 for girls but in the overall she placed higher than Alfonse (she's 48th while he's 49th, so who know how large the difference is).

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I would have thought his development would have been to late to make a difference in this half way- results

9 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Just curious why?

From the people you suggested, I'm guessing you don't like fighter-type lords and like more political/academic ones?  Is that accurate?

I am fine with fighter-type lords (see Hector) but fighter-types that wear plot armour are a huge no-no to me.

Celica makes understandable mistakes, Alm is a perfect combination of the best of Duma’s and Mila’s despite the game’s theme of division and struggle.
Eirika is made out to act dumb and naïve to contrast with the shining Ephraim who never picks fight he can’t win because the plot says so.
Everyone must like Ike or be vanquished by the forces of good and love because they are dicks or dicking around.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh, I do agree that Alfonse's story development (especially in the recent chapter) is great. I was under the impression most people either skipped through the story or didn't give a shit about it, though!

Well, some might read the story. Some.

47 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

Now this is a partnership I can get behind

It's one I can get behind too. *Readies dagger*

Then again... not worth it. Might as well get rid of that page I ripped out of Rexbolt as a backup. *Throws it in the air, accidentally firing off the spell*

7 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I always find this funny since three words got mistranslated and because of that it got poor reviews resulting in lackluster sales.

And then you have the irony of the PoR difficulty issue.

PoR: This game will be too hard for foreigners, let's drop Maniac and add Easy.

RD: Normal? Pffffff this going to be Easy for foreigners! They're so good Hard will feel like it should be the Normal to them, and Maniac won't be hair-pulling, just Hard.

20 minutes ago, Midnight Torch said:

I mean, seriously, how has Marth, the original protagonist of the series, not gotten a single variant?

He served as a foundation of the series, but is a little dull. And his games have the presence of a gnat outside of Japan, where Mystery is beloved, I'm guessing it'd be the Link to the Past of FE over there (which I could understand). Smash and him being FE Unit No. 0001 have done more for him abroad than Shadow Dragon probably has by a thousandfold.

13 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I wonder what would happen if someone like ie Veronica would get as a brave version.

There would be the odd thing of it either prematurely forcing them to make her good in the plot. Or they could BS an excuse. Like a fragment of Veronica's inner goodness escaped from her cursed self and took physical form. Well fragments as in multiple pieces, to explain ghd multiple copies. I would nickname her Lanica, in reference to Hyrule Warriors.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And he's my second fav after Ike. I don't get all the hate for him either.

He is just too perfect. He never loses any battles, he just charges ahead and always wins. For he is never faced with real adversity, he never has to develop as a character.

Aesthetically he can be likable. His supports aren't without some good ones. And he is very unique in being the only Lance using lord at base. 

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Girls are appreciated for development, although some are preferred when they get absolutely none at all. You find a mixture of both on the top 20 so far. Although middling development is taking the no. 1.

And can I say Alfonse looks a little cute? Cliched blue-haired male FE lord sure, but he's cute at least. Sharena I will concede greater visual originality to.

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Nah, Gheb will get Garm. We’ve gone full meme recently, haven’t we?

That'd be preferable to me, honestly. Too bad for him that he isn't an option in this. I suppose his spirit lives on in Big Brigand Boss, who thankfully couldn't meme his way into the top 20 males.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I have two major hopes:

1. Marth overtakes Ephraim.

2. Eirika doesn't make it to second. She already essentially has a brave version plus I do want at least one 3DS character even if I don't like them.

Those are my hopes too along with Loki overtaking Micaiah. Being able to run a Camilla Emblem team would be quite fun.

If Isthar ranks less popular than last time I'm going to be just sad before mad. Especially with all the Genealogy stuff coming out, Reinhardt, Sigurd memes, Mangs Isthar Character Review (In which he gave her a perfect score), and because Isthar is just so cool. Her title is literally Goddess of Thunder, she could be so broken especially considering that in the original games Isthar was classed as superior to Reinhardt. Vote Isthar for the sake of having a more powerful unit than even Reinhardt guys!

Edited by Ae†her

7 minutes ago, Jave said:

Sharena is not in the Top 20 for girls but in the overall she placed higher than Alfonse (she's 48th while he's 49th, so who know how large the difference is).

I’m just going to assume the girls got numerically more votes than the guys did.

6 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I would have thought his development would have been to late to make a difference in this half way- results

He started doing stuff with the beginning of Book II, and has been doing stuff for these whole two months.

3 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Vote Isthar for the sake of having a more powerful unit than even Reinhardt guys!

I’ve been voting Ishtar on my other browser for the whole week, and will continue doing so.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He is just too perfect. He never loses any battles, he just charges ahead and always wins. For he is never faced with real adversity, he never has to develop as a character.

Aesthetically he can be likable. His supports aren't without some good ones. And he is very unique in being the only Lance using lord at base.

Almost!  He shows up as being perfect, right until Lyon jacks Renais' SS from him.  That was a battle he couldn't win, and didn't see it because he was too busy admiring his own ass.

It's also part of the reason why I like Ephraim's route better.