Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Finn has it worse being split into 3. 

@silveraura25 Celica’s getting most of her votes from western voters. Camilla could still overtake her. Heck, seeing how Veronica is 5th, she could get a surge and meme her way up to the top 2. As for the males’ side, overtaking Hector seems unlikely but I’d like Marth and Ephraim to get the top 2. 

@MichelaarIt’s not too late to attempt to push Veronica up a little. Enough for her to be in the top 3, at least.

I might just want to push Veronica up to 2nd place, a brave Veronica would be the most amazing thing.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

I might just want to push Veronica up to 2nd place, a brave Veronica would be the most amazing thing.

She'd ride on Xander's horse and would wield a Siegfried knock-off called Swagfried.

6 minutes ago, Randoman said:

I'd just like to point out that with IS banning Radiant Dawn Ike and Masked Marth from the current poll, I'm pretty sure that IS is taking split votes into account. Otherwise, IS wouldn't be banning "alternate versions" of Ike and Lucina (winners from the last poll) in the current poll.

Ike won 1st AND 6th place last time, so I suspect they aren't (I assume the only reason Ike and Lucina are banned this time is so that they don't get two Brave outfits, which are completely separate units altogether).

30 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

This is thing though that doesn't apply to the actual voting. People who vote for Marth have to choose between Shadow Dragon or Mystery which results into this kind of situation where he is presented twice and is needlessly losing votes for 1st and 2nd place (the only places that matter for the CYL banner)

In terms of actual voting, sure (I mean, Marth is split up in 3rd and 9th place taking raw poll statistics alone). But for all we know, IS could be accounting for that in the final tally when they determine which character gets special versions of themselves. As I said before, IS has already accounted for Ike and Lucina winning twice in a row by banning both their PoR and regular Lucina versions in addition to their RD and Masked Marth versions. I highly doubt IS will account for Ike's and Lucina's split votes issue but not Marth's.

If you really want to keep believing that IS is going to ignore the split vote factor for the 4 winners, I won't try to stop you from thinking that any further after this post. All I'm saying is, we don't have enough proof to confirm that IS will be going down that route (but we do have proof that they'll be going against that route).

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Ike won 1st AND 5th place last time, so I suspect they aren't (I assume the only reason Ike and Lucina are banned this time is so that they don't get two Brave outfits, which are completely separate units altogether).

They'll likely still post the raw poll statistics as is, rather than combine them (that's what they did for the first poll). Though in terms of the 4 characters who'll get special versions of themselves, they still could potentially account for split votes. I mean, if PoR Ike got 1st place and RD Ike got 2nd place in the previous poll, I highly doubt they'd give Ike 2 special versions of himself and not .

Either way, we'll wait and see what happens when the final results come in.

Edited by Randoman

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Ike won 1st AND 6th place last time, so I suspect they aren't (I assume the only reason Ike and Lucina are banned this time is so that they don't get two Brave outfits, which are completely separate units altogether).

Actually, that would be 5th for Ike. Marth was 6th and 12th respectfully

Interesting precision to see that both Marths moved up by exactly 3 places though

The split thing is messy enough that I wouldn't be surprised if they just short-circuited the potential controversy and give the top 4 of each gender CYL variants. Cleaner than the weird thing they did with the second batch of "Brave" heroes from CYL1 anyway.

Just now, Randoman said:

But for all we know, IS could be accounting for that in the final tally when they determine which character gets special versions of themselves.

You do realize that this would be suicide from IS, right? People would literally riot if Marth is still placed 3rd but steals Ephraim's or Hector's spot on the CYL banner because he has more votes in total.
You can't tell me this is poorly handled by IS.

One other thing that bothers me with CYL is the fact that only the Top 2 Male and Female are getting the spot on the banner but not the Top 4 overall. It makes no sense because you can't vote separately for male and female so in the end the 2nd place of either can push the actual 4th place out of the banner.
This actually happened in the last CYL; if not for the fact that only Top 2 of each gender were accounted for, Tharja would be our 4th CYL character, not Roy.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

I mean doesn't that sound good to you?

It's special effect would be transforming all normal characters that have swimsuit versions of themselves into those versions.

7 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Why doesn’t Marth get a Brave by default? He’s basically the face of FE and this way we don’t have to deal with the split votes mess.

Because the face that runs the place is now Lucina. She kicked Marth out of his home. D=

It like the episodes with Kintoki and Gintoki.

Edited by Stroud

13 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

It's special effect would be transforming all normal characters that have swimsuit versions of themselves into those versions.

I like where this is going.

43 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Afraid so. Would be funny if IS made a rule that guys can only vote for guys and girls only for girls.

Fun as that might be, you'd just have people finding ways to cheat the system for their waifu. Hell, people are doing that already just to get around the one-vote-per-day system by voting on multiple browsers, computers, locations, and so forth. There are always going to be those who take these things far too seriously.

3 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

You do realize that this would be suicide from IS, right? People would literally riot if Marth is still placed 3rd but steals Ephraim's or Hector's spot on the CYL banner because he has more votes in total.
You can't tell me this is poorly handled by IS.

One other thing that bothers me with CYL is the fact that only the Top 2 Male and Female are getting the spot on the banner but not the Top 4 overall. It makes no sense because you can't vote separately for male and female so in the end the 2nd place of either can push the actual 4th place out of the banner.
This actually happened in the last CYL; if not for the fact that only Top 2 of each gender were accounted for, Tharja would be our 4th CYL character, not Roy.

Ugh... I told myself I'd stop responding, but I'm not...

I honestly feel like there'd be an even bigger riot if Marth doesn't get a special version of himself, even if his combined vote total outnumbers Hector and/or Ephraim's. I'll admit, both situations would cause quite the riot. But remember, one riot involves the Smash fanbase, the other doesn't. Yeah, I'll let you do the math and figure out which one is the lesser evil.

As for your top 2 male and top 2 female comment, I'm really sorry (especially with the argument we've been having in the past few posts), but I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one as well. I'm quite glad that they're trying to balance out gender representation, especially since male fans who are a bit too obsessive of female characters tend to skew the balance in polls like these. At least with the current setup, both genders will get equal representation and no one can complain about gender bias in the poll results or the special character versions that get introduced.

3 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Why doesn’t Marth get a Brave by default? He’s basically the face of FE and this way we don’t have to deal with the split votes mess.

I've always wondered why Marth doesn't get a Brave (or any special) versions of himself either, especially with characters like Xander and Lucina getting 3 versions of themselves.

On a side note, if they decide to give all 3 of Marth, Hector, and Ephraim special versions of themselves, I'd personally would find that fair enough (especially due to the complicated situation with split votes and all). Of course, a 3rd female would need to get a special version as well to make things truly fair...

11 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Because the face that runs the place is now Lucina. She kicked Marth out of his home. D=

Lucina would be a worthy successor, though. XP

But yeah, Marth should have gotten some more variations, so he deserves a Legend Counterpart.

6 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Well, I know from experience that it is definitely possible to have breasts that large without having back pain.  You just gotta have the proper support!  Which she, uh, does not have... I guess she's fine without a bra, though, since her magical tatas seem to defy gravity.  I do wonder how that shirt-like thing is supposed to stay in place.  It must be glued to her.  :lol: 

One would assume a mage capable of gravity magic should have no trouble making her breasts feel lighter.

And since she can also alter her appearance, it's likely she can just affix any conjured clothing wherever she damned well pleases and prevent it from snagging on things like arms and legs.

Nobody forces you to respond on my comments.

12 minutes ago, Randoman said:

But remember, one riot involves the Smash fanbase, the other doesn't. Yeah, I'll let you do the math and figure out which one is the lesser evil.

Nobody cares about Smash fanbase. This is Fire Emblem. Otherwise both Marth and Robin would firmly take 1st and 2nd place (though both are within the Top 10).

12 minutes ago, Randoman said:

At least with the current setup, both genders will get equal representation and no one can complain about gender bias in the poll results or the special character versions that get introduced.

That doesn't explain why they aren't splitting between male and female. Right now you get inbalances between genders for votes and it can only get worse. Do you really want differences of ~1000 Votes between winners?

They're handling this popularity contest pretty poorly and should have learned their lesson from the last one.
But looking at the Voting Gauntlet I guess any faith in their learning ability is misplaced in the first place.

Edited by Zeratul

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

One would assume a mage capable of gravity magic should have no trouble making her breasts feel lighter.

And since she can also alter her appearance, it's likely she can just affix any conjured clothing wherever she damned well pleases and prevent it from snagging on things like arms and legs.

Magic truly is everything. 

Ugh. I hate, hate Hector. I disliked him when I was a child playing the game and I disliked him even more when I replayed the game much older. So blah. And I also hate Camilla. Her design I like a lot (I loved her New Years version!), but her personality in Fates killed me. But in reality, almost everyone's personality and Fates killed me, so I generally just dislike all those characters. But Camilla and Takumi (more Takumi) stand out as ones I specifically really disliked.

Ephraim is okay. I like him a lot so I'm okay with that.

I also dislike Celica. -_- She wasn't awful by any means (and better written than a lot of characters), but I just found her storyline so draining to listen to her complain and talk. I loved the rest of her cast, but idk. She was just too ... something. Typical, perhaps. So not really excited she's number 1. But I LOVE her design, so I'm not mad. Veronica would be SO cool, I hope she pushes past Camilla!!

I'm surprised (and SO HAPPY) Morgan is top 20 for females. I've only voted for her onceee. Mostly because I really, really want Robin to get a Brave version cause he needs it. 

34 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Lucina has fallen from grace as well. There’s no real “face” at the moment. You could say that it’s being shared by Marth and Chrom at the moment or...if you want to go for the fanservice route, Camilla. 

4 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Nobody cares about Smash fanbase. This is Fire Emblem. Otherwise both Marth and Robin would firmly take 1st and 2nd place (though both are within the Top 10).

If that were true, Roy should not have made 2nd in the first CYL then, as someone who never made it overseas. Whether or not you believe Smash to be relevant, there is no denying that Smash has had an influence on the series as a whole, both directly and indirectly. Now, that doesn't mean that anyone in Smash has to dominate the polls by default. After all, all it really is is extra exposure, which everyone from 3DS didn't even really need