Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

Camilla hype might die out next year since a fourth Camilla would just be pure insanity. Tharja will most likely continue to fall since her Christmas bikini wasn't enough and that will slowly fade away as the year goes on since seasonals aren't in the normal summoning pool.
Marth fans will come in hard next year since they know what went wrong this time. At least most of them do.

Edited by silveraura25

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So out of the characters I voted:

Cynthia had a pretty hard fall from 137 to 207. Exactly 70 spots lower. Ouch. Considering other kids such as Morgan, Noire, Gerome, and even Nah placed over her, guess I can say goodbye to seeing her when a Gen 2 characters banner pops up.

Her mother, Sumia, on the other hand, performed much better this time. She went from 95 to 53, which is a pretty big improvement. Come to me wifey.

Katarina only suffered a slight drop from 134 to 145. Not anything too harsh.

Eirika obviously screwed herself over by appearing in the most recent banner. Oh well. I tried.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

All right! Way to go, Quan! 

He fared much better than I thought he would. The last CYL event had him at 270th place. Now he is tied with Pent at 111-112, making him the fifth highest placing FE4 character behind Ishtar (43), Ayra (45), Sigurd (48), and Lewyn (65). 

Edited by Zhu Qiao

6 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

So out of the characters I voted:

Cynthia had a pretty hard fall from 137 to 207. Exactly 70 spots lower. Ouch. Considering other kids such as Morgan, Noire, Gerome, and even Nah placed over her, guess I can say goodbye to seeing her when a Gen 2 characters banner pops up.

Her mother, Sumia, on the other hand, performed much better this time. She went from 95 to 53, which is a pretty big improvement. Come to me wifey.

Katarina only suffered a slight drop from 134 to 145. Not anything too harsh.

Eirika obviously screwed herself over by appearing in the most recent banner. Oh well. I tried.

Speaking of Katarina

Looks like Roderick and Luke are still pretty unpopular. Although Roderick did better than Luke

Maybe next year, Nino. I'm surprised Veronica managed to pull ahead in such short notice. I'm pretty sure that if the midway results weren't released, they would've stayed identical to as they were then due to nobody having any idea how high Veronica was.

I'm somewhat relieved Camilla didn't come 2nd. I don't dislike her, but I'd like it if IS laid off pushing FE13/14 so hard.

Seeing how they incorporate a variant of one of the game's villains will hopefully be very interesting.

All this time we were wondering if Eirika could overtake Camilla and Veronica comes out of nowhere, huh.

I am a little upset by this, given she likely just won because everyone's impatient to have her as a unit and by the way the story's going she'll join us sooner than later anyway, but it could have been worse.

--SPITEFUL RANT INCOMING:

My main regret is that this may have been Eirika's best chance at winning, since the female winners next year are bound to be a combination of Camilla, Loki, Tharja and the main waifu/ blatant fanservice character of FE16. However, Camilla and Tharja may rank lower if they get more seasonals, which is a given for the former's case, much like how Eirika was sabotaged by getting an alt... (I'm assuming Tharja ranked low because people are still salty about Enduring Love and/ or are currently voting for Loki, who may become playable before CYL3.)

--RANT OVER.

In any case, I'm getting my free Ephraim. I'll admit I don't feel as strongly for Hector and Celica as I did last year's winners, but I may pull for them if they have good skills...which they're bound to, since they got 1st place :P

Now...why is Marth on the home page with the winners? Maybe we'll get the 3rd (and 4th! I doubt it but hope so!!) place winners as well! (Or Marth will be our next Legendary Hero.)

22 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Now...why is Marth on the home page with the winners? Maybe we'll get the 3rd (and 4th! I doubt it but hope so!!) place winners as well! (Or Marth will be our next Legendary Hero.)

Possible Archenean banner incoming with B!Marth?

22 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

My main regret is that this may have been Eirika's best chance at winning, since the female winners next year are bound to be a combination of Camilla, Loki, Tharja and the main waifu/ blatant fanservice character of FE16.

FE16 will most likely be released in December, but I'm not sure how much new characters will influence voting. At least they dialed down with the fanservice in Echoes. What surprised me was that Sonya was 150 and Mathilda 362.

Edited by silveraura25

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

FE16 will most likely be released in December, but I'm not sure how much new characters will influence voting. At least they dialed down with the fanservice in Echoes. What surprised me was that Sonya was 150 and Mathilda 362.

Loki was revealed in November and yet she's 5th place here :/

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Loki was revealed in November and yet she's 5th place here :/

So true. I'm sad. But I think it's because she's an unplayable character in Heroes and people want her.

What surprised me the most was that a certain little lamb was top 100. So precious.

Edited by silveraura25

24 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

All this time we were wondering if Eirika could overtake Camilla and Veronica comes out of nowhere, huh.

I am a little upset by this, given she likely just won because everyone's impatient to have her as a unit and by the way the story's going she'll join us sooner than later anyway, but it could have been worse.

--SPITEFUL RANT INCOMING:

My main regret is that this may have been Eirika's best chance at winning, since the female winners next year are bound to be a combination of Camilla, Loki, Tharja and the main waifu/ blatant fanservice character of FE16. However, Camilla and Tharja may rank lower if they get more seasonals, which is a given for the former's case, much like how Eirika was sabotaged by getting an alt... (I'm assuming Tharja ranked low because people are still salty about Enduring Love and/ or are currently voting for Loki, who may become playable before CYL3.)

--RANT OVER.

In any case, I'm getting my free Ephraim. I'll admit I don't feel as strongly for Hector and Celica as I did last year's winners, but I may pull for them if they have good skills...which they're bound to, since they got 1st place :P

Votes for Eirika were dropping probably because they'd just released her as a red mage on a horse, with a full skillset. Only the CYL winners have ever been treated in such a manner, so you could technically consider the new Eirika to be an extension of the Brave Heroes collection.

That's wonderful that Veronica won, another loli will be added to my collection.  Nowi lost quite a bit of popularity since last CYL which is sad for me, at least she has her Witch form since she'll never get a Brave form.  For the guys side I like Hector and Ephraim, they are my favorite main characters after Ike. 

Man, Marth really got the short end of the stick. I hope he gets a variant or two regardless, to make up for this.

But still, I'm glad with seeing Celica and Hector winning (seeing as I voted for those two). And I couldn't help but notice that RD!Tibarn was the 23rd male and 58th overall! If the vote hadn't been split, both him and Soren would've outranked Kliff! Not sure where this sudden love for the best Laguz came from, but I do hope IS takes notice.

Edited by Jonnas

2 hours ago, Lushen said:

How are we at 72 pages right now?  It's been 56 minutes....

Anyways this is gonna make people mad but I'm going to say it anyways.  

No, Marth was not robbed in CYL 2.  CYL 2 had the same rules when it ended as it did when it began.  And CYL 2 had the same rules as CYL 1.  That's the way it is.  I know people think that the voting split gave Marth an unfair disadvantage but guess what?  Marth had several advantages.  He's the first FE Lord so that gives him an advantage.  He's in two games which means two different audiences vote for him whereas Ephraim only has one game.  And Marth is in smash!  Not only that, but with Ike and Roy gone he pretty much inherited the entire smash fanbase.  That's probably where a lot of the new mystery votes came from - people who didn't know there were two Marths.

So yes.  The voting split was a disadvantage.  But CYL is filled with advantages and disadvantages - that's how it is.  And if you took away smash and combined Marth's votes I would wager he probably still would have lost to Ephraim.  And this goes both ways.  Ephraim had a lot of unfair advantages as well such as being such a giant meme and having a bunch of Sacred Stones content released right before CYL.  Heck all the campaigning on reddit was probably enough to sway the votes his way and make him win over Marth.  And Veronica won because the interim showed she had a chance and Eirika lost b/c Eirika 2 was announced.  I think saying that Marth was robbed is kind of cherry picking advantages/disadvantages to suit the argument.  CYL isn't fair with vote splitting and it wouldn't be fair without it.  It's just how it is.

See the difference is, Ephraim being a meme and Marth being in more games aren't unfair advantages. Popularity is popularity. This poll is based on that, not on merit.

Marth's votes being divided on the other hand, is an arbitrary rule. Especially since the removal of Masked Lucina and RD Ike proved that they don't consider different versions of the same character to be distinct entities when it comes to getting a CYL unit spot. Furthermore, I think I can safely say that very few of the voters would refuse a SD Marth winning over a FE3 one.

Marth as a character has garnered more votes than Ephraim, yet he lost. No cherrypicking involved in being able to see that it's wrong in some way. That being said you're right, the rules are the rules, and it would suck for Ephraim to be demoted now.

Also a lot of multiple accounts voting happened, they should really do something about that next time. There's no point if some people have 7 votes over a week, and others 350. Then again, maybe they don't care.

Edited by Cysx

Well, and about the Farfetched Heroes? Combining both Top 20, we have 7 heroes not present in the game (I didn't count hereos like Loki and Laevatein).
The Male's 9th place, Leif, will be in his game's banner. The others 6 are divided in 2 groups: "normal" units (Owain, Kliff and F!Morgan) and the "beast units" (Kaeton, Kaden and Selkie).
There is, also, New Mystery of the Emblem's Marth, but I believe he will have a new form in the future. Maybe Legendary Hero Marth, the Hero-King?

30 minutes ago, Raven said:

with a full skillset. Only the CYL winners have ever been treated in such a manner

One of those skills was Red Tome EXP though. I don't think those count (at least they didn't when people were reacting to W!Tharja's full skillset).

Kliff, Canas and Maribelle got to the top 100, so I actually got more in the top 100 than last time.

Maybe Kliff will be in the next SoV banner after all? Scarlet got into the top 200 as well, but the others didn't go so well (Finn's another spilt vote victim)

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

One of those skills was Red Tome EXP though. I don't think those count (at least they didn't when people were reacting to W!Tharja's full skillset).

Didn't count? That was the reason I tried to get her. I failed, but still.

These results are hilarious, Veronica of all people was the one to usurp Camilla, that's fantastic and completely unexpected, I wanted Veronica to get a spot just to see what IS would do but I didn't expect her to actually get one. 

On the male side its a bit sad that Marth was screwed over by the vote split but these results are acceptable 

31 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Also a lot of multiple accounts voting happened, they should really do something about that next time. There's no point if some people have 7 votes over a week, and others 350. Then again, maybe they don't care.

Admittedly, I done this. Not to give a single character more votes, but to vote for a bunch of side characters that I wanted in the game (Boyd, Norne, Wil, Nagi, etc). Still cheating though.

I'd really prefer if they done away with the current voting system and revamped it: merging units who appeared in multiple games, splitting votes by region or game, not allowing a person to vote for the same character multiple times, or whatever. Just do something to spice it up, at least. 

Given, it's probable the winner of next CYL are FE16 characters regardless.

5 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Admittedly, I done this. Not to give a single character more votes, but to vote for a bunch of side characters that I wanted in the game (Boyd, Norne, Wil, Nagi, etc). Still cheating though.

I'd really prefer if they done away with the current voting system and revamped it: merging units who appeared in multiple games, splitting votes by region or game, not allowing a person to vote for the same character multiple times, or whatever. Just do something to spice it up, at least. 

Given, it's probable the winner of next CYL are FE16 characters regardless.

I don't think you cheated, it's on them for letting people do that, and for all we know they might be completely fine with it. Kinda falls in line with the concept of Heroes, too; the game is as fair as you make it, assuming you have money/time to spare in the first place of course.

I do agree that it makes things considerably less interesting and enjoyable though. Like, right now I can't help but wonder how much it helped Veronica, what % of her votes come from that, etc, instead of being amazed that she somehow won fair and square.

42 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I wish that were the case, but sadly it isn't. Of all the other experience skill holders (Mae, Faye, Spring Chrom, Athena), they all have either a support skill or a special skill, and only 2 passive skills - one of which being the experience skill.

Edited by Raven

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Votes for Eirika were dropping probably because they'd just released her as a red mage on a horse, with a full skillset. Only the CYL winners have ever been treated in such a manner, so you could technically consider the new Eirika to be an extension of the Brave Heroes collection.

Sadly, she didn't come with boosted BST or a unique B.Skill. She is really good for skill inheritance. I hope I get more of her some day. My normal Eirika would LOVE that Swift Sparrow + Rally ATK/SPD.