Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

*Compares an extra feature from a JP only game with international release*
Yes, it amounts to almost nothing.

Maltet makes no sense. Unlike Lyn with her Sacaen Roots he has no relation to Illia (no, Florina and Farina pairing doesn't justify it either).
If he gets a Lance, Rex Hasta makes a lot more sense since it appeared in his game as the S rank Lance. Ties in well with Raven getting Basilikos.

Getting lance tied with game where he use lance > Getting lance from game where he use swords. 

If Uther used Rex Hasta in any point than it would make sense, but there is no point using him as reference when Hector is valid lance user from beginning. As far as we know Celica has no siblings so it's unlikely they would rehash family theme from first CYL as well.

I am not saying Rhex Hasta is impossible we got even weirder options (I am looking on you Knollrika), just that if Hector get whatever lance it would be reference to his Fe6 version, especially as Uther himself is reference to Binding blade Hector in first place.

Edited by Tenzen12

Super happy about Celica and Ephraim! Not surprised about Hector, and while he's not one of my favourites I do like him. 

Confused about Veronica, kinda salty, but at least it isn't Loki or Tharja? The women's division is generally a mess though. 

I have feeling Marth is going to be included with the winners. He has nearly as many votes as Ephraim and surpasses him if combined with his FE3/12 self. Hopefully there isn't an outcry from Camilla fans.

Other thoughts: great that Leif actually went up since the midterms! Hope this means a Thracia banner soon.

Good to see Micaiah, Mia, and Soren up there. I really hope between now and a potential CYL3 Micaiah gets a Legendary alt to help her chances of winning next time. Tellius remaster/VC would be nice too.

Not as an attack on anyone specifically, or their fans, but I am glad Tharja and Awakening in general polled lower than probably expected (at least among the top 10 bc I haven't checked the full results). Maybe IS will stop trying to push them and only them in everything forever, seeing that other characters and games have fans too.

Like I said, the women's division is not the most impressive. I really hope FE16 features a stronger female lead than ever before and has many other well-written female characters in its cast, so that maybe we can have less blatant waifus ranking higher than characters like Jill, Elincia, Minerva, etc.

Disappointed about Male results. My two least favorite lords getting 1st and 2nd. Bleh. Least they won't be in next year.

I'm amused Veronica pulled a 2nd place victory. Might free pick her if we still get a free one like CYL 1.

2 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

If Uther used Rex Hasta in any point than it would make sense, but there is no point using him as reference when Hector is valid lance user from beginning. As far as we know Celica has no siblings so it's unlikely they would rehash family theme from first CYL either.

Darin uses Rex Hasta and they both despise each other. So there is something like a relation unlike Maltet who should be wielded by a flier for some reference. Basilikos went inexpliciably to Raven and CYL Hector is going to be FE7.
Making Hector preach about how he took the lance from his dead fingers would be hilarious.

They could just go a "Noble" theme. With the exception of Hector all of them are Royals and he himself is technically the leader of Lycia as the ruler of Ostia.

I'm very happy with these results. Hector was by far my favorite of the original runner-ups, and he's in some good company now. I was especially rooting for Veronica after the mid-way results, so I'm really glad she pulled through. Really curious to see what they do with her.

31 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Hector was General in FE6, so lances was his alt weapon way before swords.

As already mentioned, Hector is his younger self in FE7, which takes place before FE6. He's using axes and swords, which is why he will probably be a sword armour unless they keep him as an axe armour.

Granted that the sword armour pool is becoming a bit bloated now what with Arden, BK, Zelgius, Zephiel, Draug in there already as opposed to only 3 lance armours of Christmas Chrom, Effie and Gwendolyn. Then again, only two of each type are available from normal summoning. All that considered, I'd still put Orbs on him being a sword armour.

Oswin when?

I come back and see the winners. It’ll be hard to choose who I want. I love Celica and Ephraim is a unit from my favorite game. I know a certain YouTuber will be happy about Hector getting first. And Veronica, this’l be interesting

37 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

As far as we know Celica has no siblings

Well, her sibling is so unnecessary and useless to the plot so you might be correct with this statement. He shouldn’t have been added at all.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, her sibling is so unnecessary and useless to the plot so you might be correct with this statement. He shouldn’t have been added at all.

Whoops. Well I guess it opens possibility of sibling theme (Ephraim power creeping Erika even as sword unit would be hilarious.)

33 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Darin uses Rex Hasta and they both despise each other. So there is something like a relation unlike Maltet who should be wielded by a flier for some reference. Basilikos went inexpliciably to Raven and CYL Hector is going to be FE7.
Making Hector preach about how he took the lance from his dead fingers would be hilarious.

They could just go a "Noble" theme. With the exception of Hector all of them are Royals and he himself is technically the leader of Lycia as the ruler of Ostia.

That could very well work. I will give you that.

Edited by Tenzen12

I actually love Conrad as a character. I would love to see Celica on a horse, wielding a Lance, based off of her half-bro. Hector could wield an axe, Ephraim could use a sword. The only problem is Veronica as her sibling is tome user. Maybe they could give an excuse that her brother used to wield a bow/shuriken/staff, but even then it competes with canon because her brother wielded a Lance. 

The Veronica win from nowhere was quite funny. Hector with Uther's armour would look pretty cool if they went down that route, if we got one of them for free for me it would be between choosing Hector or Veronica.

Hopefully next time they'll stop the vote splits.

I am happy about Hector my favorite lord and I will be getting him if I can choose one for free like last time.  As to the girls I am really happy about Veronica since I have always liked her design.  Uther was S rank in axes just like Hector, so I don't think they will go with siblings since none of the last CYL winners used the same weapon they use in their vanilla version.  I wonder how they will do it this time, they just might go with mothers this time so that they can do what ever they want with weapons. 

Just now, EricaofRenais said:

I am happy about Hector my favorite lord and I will be getting him if I can choose one for free like last time.  As to the girls I am really happy about Veronica since I have always liked her design.  Uther was S rank in axes just like Hector, so I don't think they will go with siblings since none of the last CYL winners used the same weapon they use in their vanilla version.  I wonder how they will do it this time, they just might go with mothers this time so that they can do what ever they want with weapons. 

Brave Roy would beg to differ.