Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

Ishtar didn't just make it to top 100...

SHE MADE IT TO FRICKIN TOP 50, FUCK YES

My faith in this community has been restored. I couldn't be any happier. Also just so you know how cool this is; Ishtar ranked 136 last time.

Other good things about the results is Ryoma ranking number 10. I hope they consider giving him and other DC Weapon folks a Weapon Refine, and if not them then at least Ryoma. Ryoma basically got outclassed by a bunch of newer swords in power. Also Nino ranked up pretty high too so that's nice as well. 

The only thing I'm slightly disappointed about is the fact that Cordelia ranked lower than last time. I really wanted her to be a bit higher because I like her character a lot, but it's not a big deal she's still high enough to potentially be made into more seasonal units. Maybe they'll make Caeldori really good instead of making another Cordelia even, who knows.

Overall I'm very happy about the results.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

I call foul on all that anyway. To say Ike is the best is insulting to all the rest. They hype him up too much. There's no real reason to say he's truly stronger, but they must Ike pander for whatever reason. In any case, there is still a difference in being the strongest, and completely outstripping them. There is also the key word "strongest" not "best." There are other merits to a hero.

As @Hekselka noted, Ike no one said Ike is best, just strongest (Greatest hero would be probably ol' good Marth anyway.) That's also why there is nothing unfair about it. One hero is strongest, other left great legacy behind, yet another could be known for his/her kindness. If nothing else Ike certainly have enough hype carry such narrative.

23 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

As @Hekselka noted, Ike no one said Ike is best, just strongest (Greatest hero would be probably ol' good Marth anyway.) That's also why there is nothing unfair about it. One hero is strongest, other left great legacy behind, yet another could be known for his/her kindness. If nothing else Ike certainly have enough hype carry such narrative.

But Chrom has more atk than him which is generally called strength therefore Chrom is the strongest hero 

38 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Then that would mean that Ike is not above the others, he just excels in one area which brings me back to the first point in that he is not on another level compared to the other lords. That was kind of my original point. 

43 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Ike story-wise is maybe the strongest as he is portrayed that way (just look at Fates Amiibo Ike), but unit-wise he most certainly isn't whether it be in heroes or compared to other lords in the entire franchise. That being said he does have one of the coolest character designs (visually), as he looks like an actual superhero. 

2 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Ike story-wise is maybe the strongest as he is portrayed that way (just look at Fates Amiibo Ike), but unit-wise he most certainly isn't whether it be in heroes or compared to other lords in the entire franchise. That being said he does have one of the coolest character designs (visually), as he looks like an actual superhero. 

Most of that seems post-game though. I.e. it's mostly lore based stuff added in games like Awakening and (non-canon) Heroes, and could be greatly exaggerated. I mean, yes, he killed a deity, but he had help like just about every lord in the series has help to beat the big-bad. Preparation is key. Send a Falchion wielding Chrom against Ashera or whatever her name was, and he'd probably get creamed. The same is true if you send a Ragnell wielding Ike against Grima. 

6 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Not to mention he looks appealing, and on point. Unlike Ryoma and his hairdo :dry:

14 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Most of that seems post-game though. I.e. it's mostly lore based stuff added in games like Awakening and (non-canon) Heroes, and could be greatly exaggerated. I mean, yes, he killed a deity, but he had help like just about every lord in the series has help to beat the big-bad. Preparation is key. Send a Falchion wielding Chrom against Ashera or whatever her name was, and he'd probably get creamed. The same is true if you send a Ragnell wielding Ike against Grima. 

It is mostly Post-Game, as Ike is not going to be praised during the actual story line itself by everyone, no, only plot that would do that is Fates: Revelations. It doesn't matter if it's canon or not as long as when they're referring to Vanguard Ike, they're referring to all the actions he's done in his own world (the plot of PoR and RD) prior to being summoned in another world. The game praises him a lot more than other characters whenever there are crossovers, and that only serves as a hint just a hint that Ike's redeeming qualities is his combat abilities. I don't think it's really about power, like you said Ike's biggest feat of defeating Ashera is no more impressive than every other lord using their weapons effectiveness against a big scary monster to defeat it.

14 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Not to mention he looks appealing, and on point. Unlike Ryoma and his hairdo :dry:

I actually liked Ryoma's design a lot (mainly Takumi's when I brought the Birthright cartridge), his hair is overdone, but in a lot of countries and during the olden days long hair was actually a very attractive quality. His armor is cool, but the mask has one too many pointy spikes that it is also overdone. Ryoma would be nicer if he wasn't overdone.

Edit: And I think I just started derailing this thread, my bad. 

Edited by Ae†her

18 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Ikr, it's not like there's this thing called opinions :dry:

I'm pretty happy with the results, especially on the men's side. Will most likely be picking between Hector and Veronica, depending on who I don't pull.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I think Hector will remain an axe unit, move 2 spaces, and have Wolf Beil. 

Ephraim will be a mounted lance unit wielding Reginlief.

Celica will be a sword unit with Beloved Zofia. 

Veronica will be a bow unit with a Heroes original legendary bow.

And as a surprise (even though it's not a surprise) Marth will get a Brave variation as well since he was screwed out of winning, as a sword unit on a horse.

Wolf Beil and Reginlief seem kind of underwhelming when they already start out with Armads and Siegmunde. 

25 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Wolf Beil and Reginlief seem kind of underwhelming when they already start out with Armads and Siegmunde. 

I mean I got more mileage out of those two than their legendary weapons in their respective games anyway tbf.

Effective damage is fun for the whole family, and I can only imagine that that's even more true in Heroes where monsters aren't a thing but Cavalry and Armor units certainly are.

I wonder if they’ll do a sibling theme for the brave alts as they all have siblings who are fairly plot important. But Uther doesn’t have anything notable, like a weapon or skill, that could be used as inspiration for Hector and I would like Celica to wield Beloved Zofia.

21 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

When Armads only has QR2 built into it, Wolf Beil’s effective damage against armored and cavalry seems much more desirable. Especially with QR now being a seal or if you’re lucky enough to have Vengeful Fighter fodder.

1 hour ago, Tsuky said:

Ikr, it's not like there's this thing called opinions :dry:

I'm pretty happy with the results, especially on the men's side. Will most likely be picking between Hector and Veronica, depending on who I don't pull.

Well, Veronica is certainly the brave hero I'm looking forward the most, but I should instead study the meta and how many situations will her niche help. I chose BIke last time, mostly because I needed greens back then, but turns out his tank gameplay is pretty useful in a great variety of battles. Hope Veronica delivers, or I'll choose another one XD

2 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Well, Veronica is certainly the brave hero I'm looking forward the most, but I should instead study the meta and how many situations will her niche help. I chose BIke last time, mostly because I needed greens back then, but turns out his tank gameplay is pretty useful in a great variety of battles. Hope Veronica delivers, or I'll choose another one XD

I'm sure she will. The four CYL1 heroes are still great, if not the best, at their jobs.

59 minutes ago, Tsuky said:

I'm sure she will. The four CYL1 heroes are still great, if not the best, at their jobs.

They are all powerful, but it's evident BLucina, and specially  BRoy's our boy are clearly behind in comparison. Hope V doesn't get the same

11 hours ago, Troykv said:

The 6th-8th spots are very close anyway, so I don't feel bad about the small falling (I mean, Nino, Loki and Veronica got some meme bandwagoning that I think it would be predicted thanks to their unexpectedly high mid-term position, in fact, the only one that was above Micaiah since the beginning actually got to the Top 5 overall xD).

Yeah, the results are decent I'm okayish with them... if the next FE doesn't released this year, Micaiah would have a chance in the Top 2 after the leaving of Celica and Veronica... People would band wagon pretty much any character that is against Camilla for the Top 2 spot hahaha... The next year unless something happens the competition will be Camilla vs Azura vs Micaiah vs Eirika vs the possible reappareance of Loki vs maybe Nino and/or Tharja.

I think and hope FE Switch doesn't release in 2018 because I don't plan on getting a Switch this year and I want the game to be polished as much as possible. 

Celica's absence will help Micaiah because both are priestesses so I can see some Celica voters jumping on the Micaiah train. Eirika is probably the best bet and if it wasn't for the banner, she'd probably have made it to 2nd place. I wonder if people will start getting bored of the Awakening and Fates characters as recency bias runs out. Their votes were less, especially Awakening characters. 

BTW did you know there's another voting event? Go vote for Micaiah here!

A little miffed Marth got screwed over by the split votes and overall kind of disappointed by the men's side. I quite like Hector as both a character and unit in both FE7 and Heroes, but the prospect of him as a brave hero just doesn't seem interesting. Maybe they'll surprise me though. Lance welding Hector dressed as Uther?

Ephraim, this CYL has made me realize, I'm just not a fan of at all.

Anyway, enough of my griping. Congrats to those who were hoping for them!

Celica I'm super hyped about and Veronica is pretty neat. I'll probably pick whoever seems the best but I'm definitely leaning toward Celica and Veronica. Maybe slightly  Veronica since I have vanilla Celica, much as I like her.

A sibling theme would be interesting and wouldn't be too hard. The biggest issue would be color balance since I'm guessing they'll do one of each again. All of them except Ephraim have siblings who seem to specialize in blue. Uther might not, but they might not want to give Hector axes again. Mentors might be a good theme too. Axe knight Duessel Ephraim, lance armor Uther Hector, staffer infantry Nomah Celica, and well red dunno on Veronica.

I finally see the CYL2 results and I see that Marth ended up losing to Ephraim after all. I didn't vote for him nor do I really pay that much attention to him but I can't help but for sorry for the guy mostly due to his votes being split up again. Oh well, maybe next year. At least his Falchion is getting a refinement soon. Also, surprisingly enough I noticed that if all of Anna's vote were added up she would actually beat Cordelia and would have placed 11th for the women's side and 19th overall. I found that interesting.

Surprised to see Veronica get 4th but I really don't care about her overall. I can say the same for distant counter fodder Hector and litrblade rallyman Ephraim, don't really for either of them. If IS lets a pick a freebie again I'll take whatever they give Celica since I actually like her.

5 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I finally see the CYL2 results and I see that Marth ended up losing to Ephraim after all. I didn't vote for him nor do I really pay that much attention to him but I can't help but for sorry for the guy mostly due to his votes being split up again. Oh well, maybe next year. At least his Falchion is getting a refinement soon. Also, surprisingly enough I noticed that if all of Anna's vote were added up she would actually beat Cordelia and would have placed 11th for the women's side and 19th overall. I found that interesting.

Surprised to see Veronica get 4th but I really don't care about her overall. I can say the same for distant counter fodder Hector and litrblade rallyman Ephraim, don't really for either of them. If IS lets a pick a freebie again I'll take whatever they give Celica since I actually like her.

Hector has always been a popular FE character. He placed 3rd last CYL, and he kept being viable in the current meta to take over this one. Ephraim is likely for his meme status first voting gauntlet, a big part of it at least. But I think some circles getting tired of Awakening and Fates overexposure helped. But I'm with some about Marth. He's indifferent to be, but I agree it's unfair for his supporters he lost due to split votes.

I wasn't expecting Celica the first spot, but maybe it's part of the aforementioned games burning people out. Veronica is definitely an ensemble dark horse. I was sure she was going to lose and Camilla get the second, but the mid term results gave her well deserved spot

You know? I've come to the realization that Wendee Lee won another Brave Hero privilege :lol:. Oh well, guess this'll be her last, as Maria is not remotely popular enough to earn a spot. 

4 hours ago, Midnox said:

You know? I've come to the realization that Wendee Lee won another Brave Hero privilege :lol:. Oh well, guess this'll be her last, as Maria is not remotely popular enough to earn a spot. 

Oh wait, I've just remembered Ephraim is voiced by Greg Chun as well XD

6 hours ago, Midnox said:

Wait, she voices Veronica?!

Wow, she has insane range...