Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

Radiant Dawn Ike is meh because he looks like a musclehead (and Tormod even calls him out on it).

8 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Accidentally I prefer RD version for that very reason. 

I'm not sure that's the word you were looking for.

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

By that logic Ross and Garcia would have potential to be Sword infantry of all things because of the Hero class promotion. It would literally be reverse Raven.

But why wouldn't you want Garcia as a bow Warrior with 38+ Atk?

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Lau said:

Pouring all my votes for Marth. My boy needs to get the respect he deserves.

Ugh, this has actually made me feel sick from the anxiousness.

Same! I want my Brave Marth, damnit!

I wonder how they'll do the outfits this time? With Ike, Roy, and Lucina in the top 4 last time, I think the fatherhood theme was a pretty easy direction, but depending on who wins this time, it could be a little harder...

If anything, I hope the winners from last year’s CYL won’t be eligible and that it includes characters from TMS #FE. Most of my votes will go to Kempf if there’s no TMS representation. 

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

But why wouldn't you want Garcia as a bow Warrior with 38+ Atk?

That's generally where I leaned with him in FE8 if I used him at all. But In Heroes? It doesn't suit him and he likely would still be inferior to Halloween Jakob as a strong bulky Archer because no Wary Fighter Brave Bow+ combo.

Edited by Zeo

10 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

If anything, I hope the winners from last year’s CYL won’t be eligible and that it includes characters from TMS #FE. Most of my votes will go to Kempf if there’s no TMS representation. 

Seems  these are all the new characters being added - the FEH originals and missing Gaiden/SoV characters (except the Cipher people) - so no TMS/Cipher/Warriors representation I'm afraid. Too bad, I was hoping I could vote for Lianna and Shade.

Not sure who found them or exactly how, but I've been poking around a bit myself and can confirm they're all real. (Though I can't say for sure if they're the only ones. A few seem to be placeholders so maybe they're not done adding them?)

48 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

How would Chrom having multiple Heroes versions hurt him? 

The same reason having a Brave Ike will likely dissuade people from voting for Ike.  You only get one vote, so why would you vote for someone who already has 2 alternates?  Besides, we're probably going to get more seasonal chroms in the future regardless of how he does in the VG.  But will we get more versions of Ephraim?  Probably not, unless he wins the CYL.

44 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, the thing about that is that when the first CYL came out, it was before Heroes and Warriors were out. Smash sure, but Warriors wasn't. 

Yea so Warriors is like the new Smash.  But I think b/c FEH has been out for a year, the effects Smash/Warriors have on it will be smaller than before FEH was out.  Regardless I just don't personally see Warriors having a huge influence b/c the only people who bought FEWarriors are people who are invested in the FE franchise and have their favorite units anyways.  But I could be wrong.

Edited by Lushen

5 minutes ago, bun said:

Seems  these are all the new characters being added - the FEH originals and missing Gaiden/SoV characters (except the Cipher people) - so no TMS/Cipher/Warriors representation I'm afraid. Too bad, I was hoping I could vote for Lianna and Shade.

Not sure who found them or exactly how, but I've been poking around a bit myself and can confirm they're all real. (Though I can't say for sure if they're the only ones. A few seem to be placeholders so maybe they're not done adding them?)

Tch, so much for that idea. Kempf, Faye and FE6 Eliwood will get my votes then.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Radiant Dawn Ike is meh because he looks like a musclehead

Then every single muscular dude in the series is meh. See the problem here? xP

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Hinoka said:

I will Hinoka for a Brave Hero have beacuse i have she alredy 40+10  

Hinoka lvl50.jpg

At least one of those Hinokas must have been mine and you stole it! Hand over the tomboy, NOW!

Yea I agree.  I personally hate RD Ike's art.  They turned him into a brute when I feel like before he was more sly, if that makes sense.  RD Ike looks like he should be swinging an axe, not a sword.

My favorite Ike is PoR promoted Ike b/c I like the blue over the red but he isn't a brute.

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, Ether said:

Seems like a solid enough deduction to me. Good work on seeing the light xP

...Do you realize how many characters in this series are muscular to some degree?

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Yea I agree.  I personally hate RD Ike's art.  They turned him into a brute when I feel like before he was more sly, if that makes sense.  RD Ike looks like he should be swinging an axe, not a sword.

My favorite Ike is PoR promoted Ike b/c I like the blue over the red but he isn't a brute.

Muscles =/= brute, yo.

And Lissa doesn't look like she should be swinging an axe either, yet people have no problem with that. So what's wrong with RD Ike having some muscles and using a sword? Seriously, dislike RD Ike for a lack of development or his design in general, but saying "RD Ike is bad because he has muscles!" or "RD Ike is bad because he stole my precious Micaiah's spotlight!" is very silly and ridiculous, people.

If you're not into muscles, okay, but don't act like he's completely terrible just because.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, is it almost time to spam RGaYS2c.png again?

Round two, mofo, I'm gonna get her to place up there this time.  Yes, I have a single track mind; how about you?

Also, Kaze not being in this game is actually surprising; I totally neglected this fact for a whole year.  Kris's popularity relative to other Archaneans that didn't make the cut (like Mr. Tick-Tock-Time-to-Frock and Wolf) is even more surprising...

Though I still have to keep in mind the fact that people will always be voting with specific objectives in mind, and it won't always be to get their favorite characters to the top.

5 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Regardless I just don't personally see Warriors having a huge influence b/c the only people who bought FEWarriors are people who are invested in the FE franchise and have their favorite units anyways.  But I could be wrong.

Given all the complaining about the roster, I'd say you're likely very wrong about that, and I've seen some threads where folks stated they got into the series through FEW.  People would often say it's better to buy FEW for the Musou gameplay than for the characters.

Though it probably won't have a very big influence simply because of how few people played it compared to other recent entries in the series.  Hell, I'd say FEH will probably have the biggest influence on character popularity...

Well, he’s known as “gorilla Ike” in Japan for a reason...

Anyway, taking that into account, RDIke is less likely to get the Japanese to vote for him than this younger self if he’s the only Ike people can vote for. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well, he’s known as “gorilla Ike” in Japan for a reason...

Anyway, taking that into account, RDIke is less likely to get the Japanese to vote for him than this younger self if he’s the only Ike people can vote for. 

Also, from what I’ve seen so far, most of the SoV characters are stuck with their old Gauden mugshots. That’s gonna suck for Genny and Delthea. 

Actually most (but not all) have been updated. I'd assume the others will be too, seems weird to just leave out a few.

Maribelle is best grill, Rolf is my favourite Tellius male, Ishtar will be representing FE4, Sara is cool (although I fear they may turn her into a staffbot just because the Kia staff is exclusive to her. Still, a staff that turns debuffs into buffs at range or something like that could be nice), L'Arachel will be one of my last votes because I want to check if she comes out on the 24th. Also, can I vote Fargus? Because I WANT Fargus in the game. Maybe as a bulky infantry axe with decent speed and crappy speed and an axe that ignores movement penalties? Lorenz or Tomas for Archanea. Seriously, guys, go play FE3 Book 1 and Starsphere abuse them. It's SO FUN.

41 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

My votes will go to Micaiah, but if Askr OCs are included then I'd vote for Bruno, Veronica and Alfonse

I'm also voting Veronica (and Sharena). Would be cool if one Heroes unit made it into top 4 or at least top 10. 

@Hinoka Cool Hinoka you got there. But why Silver Lance? 

Edited by mampfoid
Hinoka

42 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Chrom alliance!! Heh *hugs*

Uh, sure?

19 minutes ago, Lushen said:

The same reason having a Brave Ike will likely dissuade people from voting for Ike.  You only get one vote, so why would you vote for someone who already has 2 alternates?  Besides, we're probably going to get more seasonal chroms in the future regardless of how he does in the VG.  But will we get more versions of Ephraim?  Probably not, unless he wins the CYL.

Since when do we get one vote? 

1. Male Robin

2. Chrom

3. Ninian

4. Azura

5. Female Morgan

6. Rath

7. Artur/Cormag if they don't end up being some of the hopefully new SS characters. If they both miraculously make it Robin gets another vote.

I want in particular a Brave Chrom with a lance so he's blue and I have Chrom Emblem and a Brave Robin with a Levin Sword to make Red Robin (yum!) for the same reasons.

Edited by Liliesgrace