Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Seems like IS pushed forward CYL2 by a day. Something similar happened with Joshua's TT and the version 2.0 update.

It's supposed to start later today (9 PM for me), not when the calendar immediately hit 1/21.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It's supposed to start later today (9 PM for me), not when the calendar immediately hit 1/21.

I might have mixed up my version of the notification with a screenshot of another person's online.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

I might have mixed up my version of the notification with a screenshot of another person's online.

The calendar in the notifications is a static image, it doesn't take into account your timezone at all. Maybe some other languages get custom calendars but as Australia gets shown the Pacific time one, I'm guessing there's just one English one.

On 1/19/2018 at 6:22 PM, bottlegnomes said:

Oh yeah, Begnion General Zelgius might be cool to get.

So how would that work? Would he still be a swordsman or would he use other General weapons?

20 hours ago, bun said:

No idea; all we know is that these files have been uploaded to the website.

Thanks for answering. Guess we'll have our answer soon enough.

So I see no real reason why the previous winners should excluded. I feel like the they could just give it to the next 4 place winners if that's the case.

10 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So I see no real reason why the previous winners should excluded. I feel like the they could just give it to the next 4 place winners if that's the case.

What's the point of including them then if they are not going to get special outfits anyway?

2 hours ago, Michelaar said:

What's the point of including them then if they are not going to get special outfits anyway?

Because I want to see where Ike, Lyn, & Lucina ranks now since the 1st poll shows they were in their own tiers with that kind of reception. While I have little doubt that their rankings are different this will still be the most recent popularity poll & I want to see how they rank with Genealogy Wars & Echoes since they have more exposure.

Hmmm. My first vote will most assuredly be for Lute, and after that I'll go for favorites not in the game currently.

It would probably go something like Lute > Natasha > Cormag/Artur > Heather > Wallace > Rafiel > Naesala/Nailah.

Edited by Alternate Blue

18 hours ago, Aera said:

I’m not sure who to vote for. Someone suggest a good character? I wanted to vote for Homer because I need more Thracia. 

Vote for cute boys, obviously, because cuteness is justice and male votes are worth more due to most people voting for women and winners being split by gender.

Two schools of thought here: big victories, or small victories. In either case you're better off devoting seven votes to one character rather than one vote to seven.

• "Big Victory": Pick your favorite character from the top 10 last time and roll with them hoping you can change their fate. Statistically, you probably won't, but this will have the most concrete result if it actually does impact something. If the old winners are removed, you're probably looking at Hector, Chrom, Tharja, and Camilla with an outside shot of Lyn fans splitting to Eirika or Nino; if not, Roy versus Hector will be the only battle worth fighting.
  • "Small Victory": Pick your favorite obscure character and give them seven votes to boost their relative ranking as much as possible. This is more likely to have a (small) impact than the alternative, though it will still usually take multiple people to make up the difference between several characters at a relevant level. The effect of this would be deciding what characters appear to be most popular among certain categories, such as from individual games or for potential Grand Hero Battles.
    • Incidentally, if you want to 'swing the vote' for what might be the next most popular characters not yet in the game, your best bets are Archanea and Thracia, with both having five or fewer characters in the top 300 last time who are still not in the game. (This is also true of Gaiden, but Gaiden is a wild card.) While not a specific game, it is also a good idea to vote for potential Grand Hero Battle candidates, because most of them are not very popular. And though I loathe to suggest her due to being precisely the opposite of a cute boy, this might imply a very valid reason to vote for Aversa, as well.
Edited by Iridium
clarification

On 2018-01-19 at 7:48 PM, Astellius said:

I'm definitely going to vote for Minerva, probably more than once. We need more versions of her! And the Whitewings!

Same here! Brave Minerva would be fantastic, honestly. I will probably spend all my votes on her, even if I'd love to see more appreciation for the Whitewings (I'd like to not have Catrias butt shoved in my face, you know? she deserves  much better art than that) Maybe my votes will just drown in the void, but Minerva does appear more popular since Heroes was released - a girl can dream.

Edited by Minerva Emblem

If anyone has an open slot in their voting pool, I'd humbly request giving that vote to Brom (if they split up versions again, then Radiant Dawn version). There's no way he's winning, but if he had at least one vote from enough people, maybe they'd actually consider putting him in the game.

I just hope we don't see the same four of the last CYL. They got their chance to shine, time for other get the spotlight. I expect Ephraim to be one of the male winners, with Chrom possibly in second place.