Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

I didn't take part in the first CYL event so this is super exciting! Even if the characters I vote for don't win, it's still nice to vote and take part in such a fun community event! Fingers crossed, we might even get another free Brave unit from the second batch as well meaning everyone wins!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I went and gave my first vote to the Rachel.  She may get in the game anyway in a few days, but she's not here now, and that's enough to fit my criteria.

Hey, if she wins, we might get The Rachel wielding both Latona and Ivaldi. One's a Brave Hero while the other is simply The Rachel.

Recognizing one's insignificance against the thousands of other voters and knowing there is absolutely no chance that you make a difference. Having this rational knowledge makes any voting process seem null and improving your situation in life hopeless through electoral means. It is enough to make one bother not to do it all. But there are people naive and or hopeful enough in this world to get past that, and yet others who just want to leave a record that even if their struggle was futile, they made it.

Oh wait this isn't politics!:sweatdrop: Just a silly popularity poll.

Still not voting though, since I'd only have one account to use, and I'm just gosh darn too indecisive. I cannot delude myself into thinking I love any of my favorites any more than any of the others. 

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You're voting for likely the least popular version of Catria, though. Better to consolidate the votes into one, most likely Shadow Dragon Catria.

But isn't SoV Catria the only one with supports, wouldn't that possibly make it the most popular?

6 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Does this mean multi voting will get you nowhere?

Hmm...in that case I'll stop at 2 votes today and only do 1 from now on.

...Well dang. Guess I should ditch my other account and figure out which of my chosen 14 I want the most. I mean, one vote off of each character I vote for doesn't seem like much, and there's not much of a reward to be lost besides yet more Platinum Points, but I'd like to make my votes count.

Edited by C. Turtle

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But isn't SoV Catria the only one with supports, wouldn't that possibly make it the most popular?

There were supports in New Mystery. But more importantly, FE1 and 3 had a lot more exposure, and older fans will mostly vote for Shadow Dragon versions of units.

5 minutes ago, KongDude said:

But it's the only Catria I really know. Plus HD Hidari portrait

She's still Catria in those other games, and your main goal is to see any form of Catria in the top 10/20 anyway.

sent my first vote micaiah's way, hope we get a new version of someone who doesn't already have an alternate.

@Icelerate looks like that's not very viable, as if its found out that you are using multiple accounts (I'm guessing IP addresses) your extra votes aren't counted.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Went through a mini debate with myself on whether to vote for PoR!Tormod or RD!Tormod, but went with PoR!Tormod in the end. If I have an extra vote at the end, I might vote RD!Tormod as well. Really wish that characters appearing in multiple games weren't split by game.

14 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Does this mean multi voting will get you nowhere?

Hmm...in that case I'll stop at 2 votes today and only do 1 from now on.

It's not as if they could actually make any such determination, realistically. Plenty of legitimate cases where multiple actual people would use the same computer to vote for example. Sounds like unenforceable boilerplate to me.

EDIT: I suppose if there's blatantly suspicious stuff like mass automated registration of hundreds of new accounts all voting for the same character then it's something that could be looked on as an individual case. Someone having two long-standing accounts and logging into both of them, not so much.

Edited by Humanoid

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

Are people really going to skew the result by spamming multiple accounts? Sigh... 

Some people (like me) are very passionate about their favorite characters. And they wish to see them very high on the polls, or even get a brave alt.

For all 7 days, I'm backing up the grown-up Tiki. I'd love her to adapt a mix of Marth and Caeda's clothing to her colors to tribute them (well, with Marth and Caeda still alive :P). Maybe she could get her own pseudo-Falchion or something.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

There were supports in New Mystery. But more importantly, FE1 and 3 had a lot more exposure, and older fans will mostly vote for Shadow Dragon versions of units.

Ah yes, the all important Japanese crowd. Since Archanea doesn't have much to run on aboard, just the generally considered weak SD.

And reading those NM supports as side note, not all terrible, but pretty lacking and relatively fewer than even SoV if you exclude the Kris supports. Among 76 characters, there are 31 chains, this is excluding Kris supports. Although of the non-Kris supports, a Whitewing or two appears in 7 of them, or a nearly a quarter. So they do have ample NM coverage.

4 accounts solely for:

Camilla (Bölverk please!)

Micaiah (Light Sage/Priestess please!)

Adult Tiki 

Selkie (she'll do fine but a little wouldn't hurt)

I'm also rooting for Eirika, Lilina, Fjorm(new), Charlotte, Cherche, Marisa, Robin, Marth, Ephraim, Jill and Nephenee which I think they'll be ok again.

Overall I expect Hector and Tharja to be perfectly fine without my votes.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

10 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Yeah, PoR and RD generals could use swords so he's still just be a sword user. I guess for stats difference from his BK self, up his res and health and drop his attack and speed a little. Skills he could get a 2 charge Luna to keep him from being completely outclassed by Black Luna. Weapon's tougher since DC is pretty hard to compete with. Maybe built in DD so he could stack DDs or DD/CD and still run DC. Or maybe like built in steady breath.

Well if it works, it works.

I'm annoyed that they still haven't got rid of the split votes. That better mean they're merging the votes since RD Ike & MM isn't an option.

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I hope Tharja doesn’t make into the top 4. What? I want my brave Eirika. Besides, with the amount of hate I see Tharja get, I doubt she’d make it that high.

The "hate" is very minimal in the grand scheme so anything goes.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I hope Tharja doesn’t make into the top 4. What? I want my brave Eirika. Besides, with the amount of hate I see Tharja get, I doubt she’d make it that high.

I strongly disagree, she has won two voting gauntlets, has two alt in Heroes, she still has a large following. Besides the hate that she get is mostly contained in Reddit and other forums and does not reflect on the average fan.

6 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Considering there's no "downvote" option in the poll, I really don't think how much hate a character receives has any real bearing on the ballot, only how much support.